Clear All

• Originally posted by Choley View Post
    Female artists who have top 10 hits at least 4 different decades in the UK

Diana Ross and Cher - 60's,70's,80's,90's and 00's
    Tina Turner - 60's,70's,80's,90's and 2010's
    Kylie Minogue and Whitney Houston - 80's,90's,00's and 10's
    Mariah Carey and Britney Spears - 90's,00's,10's and 20's

what an iconic and elité club
    Cher was the first female who reached these milestones - top 10 hits in 4 decades (in 1991) and top 10 hits in 5 decades (in 2001).

Also, Cher is the only female artist with a top 40 hit in 6 consecutive decades - 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's and 10's
    C h e r
    51 singles on Billboard Hot100~Top 10 albums in 5 decades~110+ million records sold
    Oscar~Grammy~Emmy~Golden Globe winner
    Touring force
    Legend

Comment

• ‘Strong Enough’ has now reached 90 million streams on Spotify
      C h e r
      51 singles on Billboard Hot100~Top 10 albums in 5 decades~110+ million records sold
      Touring force
      Legend

Comment

• C h e r
        Touring force
        Legend

Comment

• Originally posted by alfiebot View Post
          ‘Strong Enough’ has now reached 90 million streams on Spotify
          Deserves 1 billion along with Dov'é l'amore

Comment

• ‘The Shoop Shoop Song’ has now reached 100 million streams on Spotify!
            C h e r
            Touring force
            Legend

Comment

• Female artists who has top 10 hits at least 4 different decades in the US

Cher & Barbra Streisand - 60's,70's,80's and 90's
              Madonna & Whitney Houston - 80's,90's,00's and 10's
              Mariah Carey & Britney Spears - 90's,00's,10's and 20's

Legends only

Comment

‘The Shoop Shoop Song’ has now reached 100 million streams on Spotify!
                About time lol
                "Crime is increasing
                Trigger happy policing..."
                -- Marvin Gaye ("Inner City Blues")

Comment

• C h e r
                  Touring force
                  Legend

Comment

Female artists who has top 10 hits at least 4 different decades in the US

Cher & Barbra Streisand - 60's,70's,80's and 90's
                    Madonna & Whitney Houston - 80's,90's,00's and 10's
                    Mariah Carey & Britney Spears - 90's,00's,10's and 20's

Legends only
                    Also worth noting is that when Cher's 'Just Like Jesse James' was in the top 10 of Billboard's Hot 100 during January of 1990, she became the FIRST ARTIST EVER to score a top 10 hit in 4 different decades!

C h e r
                    Touring force
                    Legend

Comment

• This lady's longevity needs a college lecture or something.
                      "Crime is increasing
                      Trigger happy policing..."
                      -- Marvin Gaye ("Inner City Blues")

Comment

• Finally! Update for YHSTLOM and it's eligible for Gold!

You Haven't Seen The Last Of Me - Sales Plus Streaming: 530,000

Last update was in July 2013 - 172,465 (only downloads)

C h e r
                        Touring force
                        Legend

Comment

• So now she has eligible single certifications for at least 5 diffrent decades in the US.Her longevity is legendary especially for a woman
                          Last edited by Choley; Mon September 26, 2022, 13:50.

Comment

Finally! Update for YHSTLOM and it's eligible for Gold!

Do you have any info on other Burlesque songs?

Christina Aguilera / ROSALÍA / Nathy Peluso / Shygirl / M.I.A / Lil’ Kim

Comment

Finally! Update for YHSTLOM and it's eligible for Gold!

Fantastic news!

Comment

• 'Believe" was listed at #23 on 'The 250 Best Songs of the 90s' list by Pitchfork:

Cher: “Believe” (1998)
                                “Believe” marked a new era, for Cher and for popular music. For the first time on Top 40 radio, Auto-Tune—producers’ open-secret weapon for perfecting vocal takes—was laid bare for all to hear, on purpose, a reversal of its typical clandestine use. As she sings about trying to regain her footing after heartbreak, Cher’s voice warbles with synthetic oscillation. Warner executives initially scoffed at the effect, but “Believe” became one of Cher’s biggest career hits, reaching No. 1 in the United States and more than a dozen other countries. Just as the song’s production revealed the guts of its operation, Cher’s wide-open vocals exposed her own emotional vulnerability. She isn’t too good to admit she’s not hurting, and she powers through toward salvation, declaring “I don’t need you anymore” as the song hits its peak. And coming from Cher—a confident, charismatic, and massively talented woman who’d been subjected to frequent public ridicule over her personal life—”Believe” took on an extra survivalist edge. Nearly 25 years later, it still dazzles in its defiance.
                                C h e r
                                Touring force
                                Legend

Comment

• Some Cher / Sonny & Cher singles and their eligible RIAA certifications, from 5 different decades as Choley pointed out

'60s:

All I Really Want To Do - Gold

I Got You Babe - 3xPlatinum

Baby Don't Go - Platinum

What Now My Love - Gold

But You're Mine - Gold

Bang Bang (My Baby Shot me Down) - Platinum

The Beat Goes On - Platinum

You Better Sit Down Kids - Gold

'70s:

Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves - 2xPlatinum

The Way of Love - Platinum

All I Ever Need Is You - Platinum

A Cowboy's Work Is Never Done - Platinum

Half Breed - Platinum

Dark Lady - Platinum

Take Me Home - Platinum

'80s:

I Found Someone - Platinum

We All Sleep Alone - Gold

After All - Platinum

If I Could Turn Back Time - 2xPlatinum

Just Like Jesse James - Platinum

'90s:

The Shoop Shoop Song (It's In his Kiss) - Gold

Love and Understanding - Gold

Believe - 4xPlatinum

Strong Enough - Gold

'10s:

You Haven't Seen The Last Of Me - Gold
                                  C h e r
                                  Touring force
                                  Legend

Comment

Some Cher / Sonny & Cher singles and their eligible RIAA certifications, from 5 different decades as Choley pointed out
                                    Can you do the same for her albums and DVDs please

Comment

Can you do the same for her albums and DVDs please
                                      It will be tricky to do that for the DVDs and the earlier albums as there were no official updated numbers posted, but I could do an estimate I guess.
                                      C h e r
                                      Touring force
                                      Legend

Comment

• Billboard Canadian Digital Song Sales (Week of October 8, 2022)

28 (RE) 3 Believe - Cher

New peak!
                                        C h e r
                                        Touring force
                                        Legend

Comment

• Cher on the TikTok charts worldwide:

Strong Enough

TikTok:
                                          #30 Belarus
                                          #63 Ukraine
                                          #72 United Kingdom
                                          #93 Poland

If I Could Turn Back Time

TikTok:
                                          #52 United Kingdom

Believe

TikTok:
                                          #80 Colombia

Comment

• Most streamed 80s songs by a female artist

1.Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance with Somebody - 860,813,757
                                            2.Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want to Have Fun - 756,978,602
                                            3.Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God) - 742,030,582 (+1)
                                            4.Tracy Chapman - Fast Car - 610,362,014 (-1)
                                            5.Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart - 592,646,854 (MERGE)
                                            6.Tina Turner - What's Love Got to Do with It - 540,252,559 (MERGE)
                                            7.Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time - 513,848,545
                                            8.Dolly Parton - 9 to 5 - 403,137,373
                                            9.Irene Cara - What A Feeling - 384,392,174 (MERGE)
                                            10.Madonna - Material Girl - 339,375,956 (MERGE) [+2]
                                            11.Tina Turner - The Best - 338,536,208 (MERGE) [-1]
                                            12.Belinda Carlisle - Heaven is a Place on Earth - 338,786,066 (-1)
                                            13.Madonna - Like a Prayer - 324,342,023 (MERGE)
                                            14.Bonnie Tyler - Holding Out for a Hero - 323,595,299 (MERGE)
                                            15.Whitney Houston - How Will I Know - 299,355,606 (MERGE)
                                            16.Diana Ross - Endless Love (with Lionel Richie) - 264,381,966
                                            17.Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes - 262,820,832 (+1)
                                            18.Dolly Parton - Island in the Stream (with Kenny Rogers) - 259,241,066 (-1)
                                            19.Madonna - La Isla Bonita - 242,133,292 (MERGE) [+1]
                                            20.Madonna - Like a Virgin - 241,148,112 (MERGE) [-1]
                                            21.Tracy Chapman - Baby Can I Hold You - 228,315,835
                                            22.Joan Jett & the Blackhearts - I Love Rock 'N' Roll - 225,750,297 (+2)
                                            23.Chaka Khan - Ain't Nobody - 222,055,853 (-1)
                                            24.Cher - If I Could Turn Back Time - 220,953,739 (-2)
                                            25.Diana Ross - I'm Coming Out - 213,325,852
                                            26.Sade - Smooth Operator - 202,834,982
                                            27.Laura Branigan - Self Control - 189,861,979 (+1)
                                            28.Gloria Estefan - Conga - 189,140,825 (-1)
                                            29.Cyndi Lauper - True Colors - 186,584,045
                                            30.Pat Benatar - Hit Me With Your Best Shot - 180,539,270
                                            31.Tiffany - I Think We're Alone Now - 170,321,202
                                            32.Taylor Dayne - Tell It To My Heart - 163,385,638
                                            33.Madonna - Holiday - 149,214,567 (MERGE)
                                            34.Enya - Orinoco Flow - 145,225,668
                                            35.Kim Wilde - Kids in America 141,667,403 (+1)
                                            36.Diana Ross - Upside Down - 141,462,390 (-1)
                                            37.Whitney Houston - Greatest Love of All - 140,330,698
                                            38.Laura Branigan - Gloria - 137,552,503
                                            39.Tracy Chapman - Talkin' Bout a Revoulation - 134,352,871
                                            40.Sade - Your Love Is King - 125,045,754
                                            41.Barbra Streisand - Woman in Love - 124,917,374 (+1)
                                            42.Pat Benatar - We Belong - 124,827,085 (-1)
                                            43.Deniece Williams - Let's Hear It for the Boy - 119,208,414
                                            44.Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - I Hate Myself for Loving You - 118,991,594 (+1)
                                            45.Whitney Houston - Saving All My Love for You - 118,695,188 (-1)
                                            46.Dionne Warwick - That's What Friends Are For - 115,210,911
                                            47.Kate Bush - Babooshka - 112,337,232
                                            48.Pat Benatar - Love Is a Battlefield - 103,191,390
                                            49.Madonna - Papa Don't Preach - 97,108,066 (MERGE)
                                            50.Madonna - Into the Groove - 96,119,130 (MERGE)

I merged identical versions.
                                            Feel free to correct if there's someone missing

Comment

• The UK's Official Top 300 most-streamed songs of the 70s, 80s and 90s:

#115  BELIEVE - CHER  
                                              It's the #10 solo female single on the list!
                                              C h e r
                                              Touring force
                                              Legend

Comment

• Official Charts 70th Anniversary: The Official Top 10 best-selling singles from the 1990s

6. Believe
                                                Artist: Cher
                                                Released: 1998
                                                Official Singles Chart peak: Number 1
                                                Total UK sales: 1.85 million
                                                Written off as a frivolity in its time, arguably no other song on this list has been as influential on modern music as Cher's Believe - being the first recorded instance of Auto-Tone on a commercially successful pop track.

But to write Believe off as just a technological gimmick does an injustice to Cher, who takes this surprising mid-career gift and runs with it. Believe became her first solo Number 1 hit since 1991, and has been the roadmap for every pop girl's comeback tour ever since.

Fun-fact: Brian Higgins, the writer of the track, would go on to help re-define the boundaries of British pop music with production house Xenomania and their most palpable muses, the mighty Girls Aloud.
                                                C h e r
                                                Touring force
                                                Legend

Comment

Working...
                                                X