• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CountryMan
    Originally posted by matugama
    Originally posted by huynhicq
    Originally posted by tada
    digital sales update for a couple of singles:
    Taylor Swift's current hit, "Back To December," tops the 1 million mark in paid downloads this week.

Swift's 12 million-selling digital hits, and their sales tallies as of this week, according to Nielsen SoundScan, are "Love Story" (4,904,000), "You Belong With Me" (3,624,000), "Our Song" (2,754,000), "Teardrops Of My Guitar" (2,569,000), "Mine" (1,734,000), "White Horse" (1,584,000), "Today Was A Fairytale" (1,354,000), "Picture To Burn" (1,327,000), "Tim McGraw" (1,312,000), "Should've Said No" (1,191,000), "Fifteen" (1,119,000) and "Back To December" (1,027,000).
    24.5m singles sold with just those twelwe million sellers, which clarifies that other hits such as breathe, fearless, speak now, hey stephen has sold a lot to make up the other 8. something million.
    If you count all of those numbers it will come down to 24,499 mil. She has others hits so i could be 30mil by now
    billboard confirmed in january she has sold 34.8m digital songs. and she is the highest seller back in january. since than rihanna may have overtaken her.
    ...as a songwriter, Taylor's album tracks and digital single download tracks together are selling over 70 million per year in the US...about 300 million tracks total with album tracks about 88 % of the total...by far the most by any artist in the US since Taylor's debut song release.

Billboard says Dr. Luke is ranked higher on the year-end songwriting charts than Taylor, but is the financial return from "airplay" more than the songwriter's fee per song received from track sales?

For example, "Love Story" has over 11 million track sales in the US [album + digital] and huge US airplay over the past 2 1/2 years. Right up there with....well, maybe it's # 1 in that time period?
    are you being sarcastic? the 4.9m total for love story is all versions combined. and 70m per year? u mean 7m~ per year.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountryMan
      ...as a songwriter, Taylor's album tracks and digital single download tracks together are selling over 70 million per year in the US...about 300 million tracks total with album tracks about 88 % of the total...by far the most by any artist in the US since Taylor's debut song release.

Billboard says Dr. Luke is ranked higher on the year-end songwriting charts than Taylor, but is the financial return from "airplay" more than the songwriter's fee per song received from track sales?

For example, "Love Story" has over 11 million track sales in the US [album + digital] and huge US airplay over the past 2 1/2 years. Right up there with....well, maybe it's # 1 in that time period?
      dear this IS not completely right, you missed the point HOT DIGITAL SONGS tracks ALL DIGITAL VERSIONS of a given song (digital single, EP remixes, album track, collection's song etc) appearing on digital outlets. Hot Digital Tracks as chart tracks songs individually, so the total sum of sold singles IS ALWAYS AT LEAST SAME OR HIGHER ON HOT DIGITAL SONGS (adding methods).
      4,91M units of "Love Story" track all the versions of the song! it's IMPOSSIBLE to sell 70M songs digitally in the US, her album-tracks catalogue sell very well but 300M units IS totally a huge nonsense No offense of course

Comment

• [quote=matugama]
        Originally posted by CountryMan
        Originally posted by huynhicq
        Originally posted by "tada":3rdlfydw
        digital sales update for a couple of singles:
        Taylor Swift's current hit, "Back To December," tops the 1 million mark in paid downloads this week.

Swift's 12 million-selling digital hits, and their sales tallies as of this week, according to Nielsen SoundScan, are "Love Story" (4,904,000), "You Belong With Me" (3,624,000), "Our Song" (2,754,000), "Teardrops Of My Guitar" (2,569,000), "Mine" (1,734,000), "White Horse" (1,584,000), "Today Was A Fairytale" (1,354,000), "Picture To Burn" (1,327,000), "Tim McGraw" (1,312,000), "Should've Said No" (1,191,000), "Fifteen" (1,119,000) and "Back To December" (1,027,000).
        24.5m singles sold with just those twelwe million sellers, which clarifies that other hits such as breathe, fearless, speak now, hey stephen has sold a lot to make up the other 8. something million.
        If you count all of those numbers it will come down to 24,499 mil. She has others hits so i could be 30mil by now
        billboard confirmed in january she has sold 34.8m digital songs. and she is the highest seller back in january. since than rihanna may have overtaken her.

are you being sarcastic? the 4.9m total for love story is all versions combined. and 70m per year? u mean 7m~ per year.[/quote:3rdlfydw]
        no, just adding hard copy tracks to digital tracks. Total tracks from album sales are much more important than digital downloads, but the media likes to talk about those digital sales
        Red took 5 weeks to hit 2m in US sales. Speak Now took 6. Fearless took 7. Taylor Swift took 61. 1989 hit 2m in 3 weeks...

Comment

• Billboard:

6 Taylor Swift $20,730,431

The Taylor Swift juggernaut kicked into high gear again with the October release of third album "Speak Now," which topped sales of 1 million units in its first week, the biggest debut ever for a studio album by a country artist. Swift was named Nielsen SoundScan's top-selling artist of 2010 based on her total album sales of 4.4 million. Those sales netted her about $7.4 million in royalties, not to mention significant publishing income. The 21-year-old singer/songwriter's career sales now exceed 19 million albums and 33 million song downloads, making her the top-selling digital artist in history. Also a top concert draw, Swift racked up U.S. tour grosses of $30.8 million, netting her $10.4 million. She will spend most of 2011 on tour in support of "Speak Now," kicking off a 90-city trek on Feb. 9 in Singapore that will take her to 19 countries.

Source

Comment

• Originally posted by rp662
            Billboard:

6 Taylor Swift $20,730,431

The Taylor Swift juggernaut kicked into high gear again with the October release of third album "Speak Now," which topped sales of 1 million units in its first week, the biggest debut ever for a studio album by a country artist. Swift was named Nielsen SoundScan's top-selling artist of 2010 based on her total album sales of 4.4 million. Those sales netted her about $7.4 million in royalties, not to mention significant publishing income. The 21-year-old singer/songwriter's career sales now exceed 19 million albums and 33 million song downloads, making her the top-selling digital artist in history. Also a top concert draw, Swift racked up U.S. tour grosses of $30.8 million, netting her $10.4 million. She will spend most of 2011 on tour in support of "Speak Now," kicking off a 90-city trek on Feb. 9 in Singapore that will take her to 19 countries.

Source
            19 million albums! That's a HUGE number. This is worldwide right?
            God Bless You... Akipaul> My Week Chart Potterhead.

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenix98
              4. ENRIQUE IGLESIAS - Tonight f/Ludacris: 103.251 (+ 2.003)
              5. BRITNEY SPEARS - Hold It Against Me: 88.148 (- 0.201)

6. TAYLOR SWIFT - Back To December: 87.758 (+ 1.015)?
              7. PINK - Raise Your Glass: 86.375 (- 1.334)?
              8. WIZ KHALIFA - Black & Yellow: 85.975 (- 0.649)

up to No. 6 now, and she might even pass Britney tomorrow did NOT expect it to get this high!

I won't hold my breath, but maybe, just MAYBE this will outpeak "Mine" on Hot 100 Airplay.
              Oh my gosh! She could surpass Britney tomorrow! I'm so happy. It might become her second top 5 from SN in Mediabase! I love her radio airplay. Her digital download numbers, eh, could be better. For this era anyway. 100m AI is possible. Hopefully it will! YES! PLEASE!

Comment

• 3. RIHANNA - What's My Name? f/Drake: 109.440 (- 3.248)
                4. ENRIQUE IGLESIAS - Tonight f/Ludacris: 104.427 (+ 1.176)
                5. TAYLOR SWIFT - Back To December: 88.052 (+ 0.294)
                6. BRITNEY SPEARS - Hold It Against Me: 87.045 (- 1.103)
                7. PINK - Raise Your Glass: 85.079 (- 1.296)

She did it. She surpassed Britney Spears you guys! She still has a LONG way to be number four though. Hopefully WMN will fall really fast, like it's doing now.

Comment

• Originally posted by swiftie13
                  3. RIHANNA - What's My Name? f/Drake: 109.440 (- 3.248)
                  4. ENRIQUE IGLESIAS - Tonight f/Ludacris: 104.427 (+ 1.176)
                  5. TAYLOR SWIFT - Back To December: 88.052 (+ 0.294)
                  6. BRITNEY SPEARS - Hold It Against Me: 87.045 (- 1.103)
                  7. PINK - Raise Your Glass: 85.079 (- 1.296)

She did it. She surpassed Britney Spears you guys! She still has a LONG way to be number four though. Hopefully WMN will fall really fast, like it's doing now.
                  won't be long the way rihanna is falling.

Comment

• wow, very impressive...but on BDS Nielsen airplay it will not be Top 5, country songs usually peak lower than at Mediabase. Anyway, its airplay success is obvious especially with the fact Country's feedback is not impressive, it's doing so well on POP

Comment

• She surpassed Britney :(
                      Oh well, it's Taylor

Comment

• Originally posted by Formusic
                        Originally posted by dhenapie
                        ok so apparently, one fan asked Taylor during the T-Party in Singapore if she'll release Sparks Fly as a single, and she replied, "Yes, Sparks Fly will be a single."

this made my day!!! [/i]
                        Imo Speak Now should be the next single, not sparks fly
                        IMO Sparks Fly screams SPRING single! also Speak now :( OMG no many good songs !!
                        And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in those years.

Comment

• i don't know why, but Speak Now is one of the weaker tracks off the album for me. that and Innocent.

well to each his own.
                          "Dion's voice glides effortlessly from deep whispers to dead-on high notes, a sweet siren that combines force with grace."
                          - Time

Comment

• 79. Fearless
                            15. Speak Now Glad to see both albums climbing again. BTD is still #43 on iTunes. :-? Oh well it's better from what it was last week.

Comment

• 3. RIHANNA - What's My Name? f/Drake: 105.881 (- 3.559)
                              4. ENRIQUE IGLESIAS - Tonight f/Ludacris: 105.395 (+ 0.968)

5. TAYLOR SWIFT - Back To December: 88.279 (+ 0.227)
                              6. BRITNEY SPEARS - Hold It Against Me: 86.628 (- 0.417)
                              7. PINK - Raise Your Glass: 83.678 (- 1.401)

still No. 5 now that it's matched "Mine"s peak position on Mediabase, hopefully it can match "Mine" at No. 7 on Hot 100 Airplay!

but it's definitely a pity that all this airplay, especially from POP radio, isn't helping downloads more. :-?
                              last.fm

Comment

• amazing! hope she'll save this place
                                Find me on Last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenix98
                                  3. RIHANNA - What's My Name? f/Drake: 105.881 (- 3.559)
                                  4. ENRIQUE IGLESIAS - Tonight f/Ludacris: 105.395 (+ 0.968)

5. TAYLOR SWIFT - Back To December: 88.279 (+ 0.227)
                                  6. BRITNEY SPEARS - Hold It Against Me: 86.628 (- 0.417)
                                  7. PINK - Raise Your Glass: 83.678 (- 1.401)

still No. 5 now that it's matched "Mine"s peak position on Mediabase, hopefully it can match "Mine" at No. 7 on Hot 100 Airplay!

but it's definitely a pity that all this airplay, especially from POP radio, isn't helping downloads more. :-?
                                  With "What's My Name?" freefalling, I can see this song peaking at #4 on the Airplay Chart.
                                  UKMIX Favourite Artists of the Last 20 Years: [Ballot box open]
                                  "Your Billboard Top Ten" Game: All-Time Top Scorers Countdown: [#3 revealed!]

Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

Comment

• 39. Back to December Yay, it's climbing a bit.

Comment

• :evil: I'm so mad that she was not only not nominated for a grammy (just wait till next year ) but she won't even perform. :( She could've had her redemption this year. Seriously, she has improved a lot! At least I just saw her old Speak Now commercial while watching the Grammy's. Also BTD is now at #38.

Comment

• 5. TAYLOR SWIFT - Back To December: 88.976 (+ 0.679)
                                        Good update. 90m AI , BTD is coming for you!

Comment

• CHART DATE: 02/14/2011
                                          LAST UPDATE: 02/14/2011 13:22:36
                                          NOW IN: 54.98%

LW TW artist / album label power index
                                          -- 1 NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL MUSIC 37 CAPITOL/EMI 109,835
                                          VARIOUS ARTISTS
                                          46 2 JUSTIN BIEBER ISLAND/IDJMG 33,171
                                          ACCOUSTIC
                                          13 3 MUMFORD & SONS GLASSNOTE 31,350
                                          SIGH NO MORE
                                          16 4 JUSTIN BIEBER ISLAND/IDJMG 31,041
                                          MY WORLD 2.0
                                          6 5 JASON ALDEAN BROKEN BOW 26,588
                                          MY KINDA PARTY
                                          2 6 NICKI MINAJ YM/CASH MONEY/UNIV MOTOWN 26,069
                                          PINK FRIDAY
                                          17 7 2011 GRAMMY NOMINEES JIVE/JLG 23,491
                                          VARIOUS ARTISTS
                                          -- 8 THOMPSON SQUARE STONEY CREEK/BROKEN BOW 22,526
                                          THOMPSON SQUARE
                                          4 9 BRUNO MARS NEW ELEKTRA 21,663
                                          DOO-WOPS & HOOLIGANS
                                          8 10 TAYLOR SWIFT BIG MACHINE 20,964
                                          SPEAK NOW

i really hope she stays in the top 10 this week.
                                          "Dion's voice glides effortlessly from deep whispers to dead-on high notes, a sweet siren that combines force with grace."
                                          - Time

Comment

• http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archi ... on-worldwi

According to this, Speak Now has now sold over 4 million worldwide!

Comment

• Personally, I don t care about her worldwide sales as long as she stills the best here
                                              The yuppies networking, the panic, the vomit, the panic, the vomit, God loves his children, God loves his children...yeah.

Comment

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/87292/taylor-swift-reaches-sales-of-four-million-worldwi

According to this, Speak Now has now sold over 4 million worldwide!
                                                good, but i don't believe 800k units were sold worldwide, maybe shipment? does not matter at all!
                                                hopefully she wil remain inside Top 10 on Billboard this week where most release unexpectedly enjoyed a nice boost

Comment

• Originally posted by Formusic
                                                  Personally, I don t care about her worldwide sales as long as she stills the best here
                                                  +1 I hope she doesn't fall out of the top 10 yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Formusic
                                                    Personally, I don t care about her worldwide sales as long as she stills the best here
                                                    +1 I hope she doesn't fall out of the top 10 yet!
                                                    +1 hope she'll stay in top 10 til end of year.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X