Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taylor Swift :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Leo92
    Originally posted by Formusic
    Originally posted by rootzsmith
    I want taylor let fan to choose her new single.
    Imo, it s not a good idea because 90% of her fans have already bought SN.
    Now, She needs a crossover hit for the unusual buyers
    Good point.
    only Sparks Fly. i'm sure it would be a massive airplay hit. Speak Now is nice, but it won't be as huge as SF.

    btw, they'll make a mistake if they choose Better than revenge
    Find me on Last.fm

    Comment


    • it's not really easy to pick up 3rd swallow from the album. I guess "Better Than Revange" would not be the best, "Speak Now" would have an amazing wedding-in-church video but not sure about airplay. "Story Of Us" is pretty rhythmic and radio friendly....."Sparks Fly" remains in the game as well.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Marshall
        Originally posted by Leo92
        Originally posted by Formusic
        Originally posted by rootzsmith
        I want taylor let fan to choose her new single.
        Imo, it s not a good idea because 90% of her fans have already bought SN.
        Now, She needs a crossover hit for the unusual buyers
        Good point.
        only Sparks Fly. i'm sure it would be a massive airplay hit. Speak Now is nice, but it won't be as huge as SF.

        btw, they'll make a mistake if they choose Better than revenge
        In a lot of forums I've seen Haunted be the top choice. I love that song and think that song should be released somewhere but just not as one of the "main" 5 singles. Maybe in Europe? And hopefully BTR isn't the 3rd single. I'm pretty sure it'd be a hit, just don't release it yet. (I think it's just a rumor though, Taylor knows better, I doubt she'll ever release it as one of the "main" 5 singles, once again maybe Europe. ) . This album has many potentials except none of them sound country enough to be released to country radio , with the exception of Speak Now and Spark Fly.

        What I mean by the main 5 singles are the singles that she releases in the US to Country and Pop simultaneously like she's done with TSwift-2006 and Fearless. With this album I see more singles, and the "main" 5 would be the ones that are released to both country and pop. Some songs that should be singles but not the "main" singles are Haunted, Better Than Revenge, The Story Of Us, and MAYBE Enchanted (though it's too long)
        God Bless You... Akipaul> My Week Chart Potterhead.

        Comment


        • 1 'Mine'
          2 'Back To December'
          3 'Sparks Fly'
          4 'Speak Now'
          5 'Innocent'/'The Story of Us' (?)

          6 'Haunted' in Europe...

          & 'Mean' to country radio, maybe?

          Comment


          • from "Speak Now" album and besides 1st 2singles, it's "Mean" that is charting the hightes at No.83 on country iTunes chart, then "Speak Now" at No.92 and finally at No.100 "Better Than Revange"

            damn! MEAN can't be a next single for sure, POP radios would barf all their electro-dance pop they got in ther gut

            Comment


            • Originally posted by tada
              from "Speak Now" album and besides 1st 2singles, it's "Mean" that is charting the hightes at No.83 on country iTunes chart, then "Speak Now" at No.92 and finally at No.100 "Better Than Revange"

              damn! MEAN can't be a next single for sure, POP radios would barf all their electro-dance pop they got in ther gut
              i loved MEAN more than SN and BTD when it was released as the promo single. but now i'm not sure it would be a good decision to release it.
              Find me on Last.fm

              Comment


              • My top favorites are Haunted and Innocent!

                For single basis, it has to be between Speak Now, Mean and Sparks Fly!

                Comment


                • It's a good idea to release lots of singles because they help keeping the album alive on charts for a long time.
                  The best example is Come on over (Shania Twain) which was in the Top 30 of the Billboard 20 for 2 years because of the mass of singles.
                  As Swift is also popular as hell, she could do similar and the album can reach the success of Fearless.
                  So I think yes, there will be 5-6 singles (perhaps even more in special regions ).

                  Timmy
                  Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

                  Say no to streaming!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by rp662
                    My top favorites are Haunted and Innocent!

                    For single basis, it has to be between Speak Now, Mean and Sparks Fly!
                    IMO these 3 songs are gonna be the songs that will serve as the next singles, in that order too. She better release some other singles worldwide. I can see 8 songs become singles from this album.

                    1. Mine
                    2. Back To December
                    3. Speak Now
                    4. Mean
                    5. Sparks Fly

                    and internationally:

                    6. Haunted (One of the BEST songs she's EVER put on an album, I will be PISSED if it doesn't get released somewhere) :evil:
                    7. Better Than Revenge
                    8. The Story of Us

                    These three songs also have huge potential in the US. Especially Haunted, I always see Haunted in the top ten on iTunes in my dreams. Must be a sign
                    God Bless You... Akipaul> My Week Chart Potterhead.

                    Comment


                    • 1. BRUNO MARS - Grenade: 134.972 (+ 0.433)
                      2. KATY PERRY - Firework: 122.473 (- 1.024)
                      3. ENRIQUE IGLESIAS - Tonight f/Ludacris: 110.383 (+ 1.198)
                      4. TAYLOR SWIFT - Back To December: 91.234 (+ 0.516)
                      5. RIHANNA - What's My Name? f/Drake: 88.035 (- 2.053)
                      6. LADY GAGA - Born This Way: 87.677 (- 7.464)
                      7. BRITNEY SPEARS - Hold It Against Me: 86.074 (+ 0.410)
                      8. PINK - F**kin' Perfect (Perfect): 82.447 (+ 1.562)

                      YES! It out peaked Mine position wise but still has about 10m to go to out peak it airplay wise. I love the rolling effect right now (because of Lady Gaga )
                      God Bless You... Akipaul> My Week Chart Potterhead.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by swiftie13
                        1. BRUNO MARS - Grenade: 134.972 (+ 0.433)
                        2. KATY PERRY - Firework: 122.473 (- 1.024)
                        3. ENRIQUE IGLESIAS - Tonight f/Ludacris: 110.383 (+ 1.198)
                        4. TAYLOR SWIFT - Back To December: 91.234 (+ 0.516)
                        5. RIHANNA - What's My Name? f/Drake: 88.035 (- 2.053)
                        6. LADY GAGA - Born This Way: 87.677 (- 7.464)
                        7. BRITNEY SPEARS - Hold It Against Me: 86.074 (+ 0.410)
                        8. PINK - F**kin' Perfect (Perfect): 82.447 (+ 1.562)

                        YES! It out peaked Mine position wise but still has about 10m to go to out peak it airplay wise. I love the rolling effect right now (because of Lady Gaga )
                        WHOA!!! she's so huge right now!!! hope she'll keep this place!
                        Find me on Last.fm

                        Comment


                        • can someone share TAYLOR SWIFT total worldwide sales for her album & singles,thanks.....!
                          Adele can't beat Take That & Robbie Williams

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by RobbieTakeThat
                            can someone share TAYLOR SWIFT total worldwide sales for her album & singles,thanks.....!
                            exceed 19 million albums and 33 million song downloads.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Marshall
                              Originally posted by swiftie13
                              1. BRUNO MARS - Grenade: 134.972 (+ 0.433)
                              2. KATY PERRY - Firework: 122.473 (- 1.024)
                              3. ENRIQUE IGLESIAS - Tonight f/Ludacris: 110.383 (+ 1.198)
                              4. TAYLOR SWIFT - Back To December: 91.234 (+ 0.516)
                              5. RIHANNA - What's My Name? f/Drake: 88.035 (- 2.053)
                              6. LADY GAGA - Born This Way: 87.677 (- 7.464)
                              7. BRITNEY SPEARS - Hold It Against Me: 86.074 (+ 0.410)
                              8. PINK - F**kin' Perfect (Perfect): 82.447 (+ 1.562)

                              YES! It out peaked Mine position wise but still has about 10m to go to out peak it airplay wise. I love the rolling effect right now (because of Lady Gaga )
                              WHOA!!! she's so huge right now!!! hope she'll keep this place!
                              It's a good news. Hope BTD reach 100m.

                              Comment


                              • i think next single is spark fly or story of us
                                after then may be long live
                                after that may be speak now
                                but i want taylor release haunted , enchanted , innocent OMG!!!!

                                Comment


                                • i would love to see BTD inside Top 5 on Hot Airplay but once again i'm again skeptic as BDS does not favor country song that very often gets lower impressions. We'll se thursday

                                  Comment


                                  • For some reason Back To December climbed 4 positions on iTunes from #48 to #44. Speak Now also climbed from #27 to #25.

                                    ^ Oh and I think Taylor Swift has sold a just about 20 million albums and 35 million digital downloads worldwide.

                                    Around 5 million or a bit more from debut (I'm pretty sure it got 99.99% of it's sales from the US only. , though it was certified silver in the UK ~ 80k I think, not sure. I'm glad it's still charting in the US! )

                                    I think 7 million from Fearless (impressive number, 6.2 m from US... and counting)

                                    And almost 4 million from Speak Now... so far . (3.1m from the US so far)

                                    Also about 1 million from the Holiday Collection and Beautiful Eyes EP combined. That adds up to about 17 million, I might be missing some sales.

                                    In the singles part, I'm not sure, I just know she's the best selling digital artist. . Also her album cuts are an essential part of this, not just the singles, thats why when she releases an album, she completely DOMINATES the iTunes top 100 and the Hot 100 !
                                    God Bless You... Akipaul> My Week Chart Potterhead.

                                    Comment


                                    • well her debut might have passed 5M units right now + 100-200k for the rest of the world.
                                      and also rather 1,1M units for her two EPs only for USA

                                      Comment


                                      • Back To December is #41 now. Why is it climbing?! Oh well, as long as it keeps climbing, though I think it won't be long until it stops. Hopefully it will keep climbing. It's climbed from #48 to #41 in a couple hours, that's good! Wow I used the word "climbing" a lot.
                                        God Bless You... Akipaul> My Week Chart Potterhead.

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by swiftie13

                                          ^ Oh and I think Taylor Swift has sold a just about 20 million albums and 35 million digital downloads worldwide.

                                          Around 5 million or a bit more from debut (I'm pretty sure it got 99.99% of it's sales from the US only. , though it was certified silver in the UK ~ 80k I think, not sure. I'm glad it's still charting in the US! )

                                          I think 7 million from Fearless (impressive number, 6.2 m from US... and counting)

                                          And almost 4 million from Speak Now... so far . (3.1m from the US so far)

                                          Also about 1 million from the Holiday Collection and Beautiful Eyes EP combined. That adds up to about 17 million, I might be missing some sales.

                                          In the singles part, I'm not sure, I just know she's the best selling digital artist. . Also her album cuts are an essential part of this, not just the singles, thats why when she releases an album, she completely DOMINATES the iTunes top 100 and the Hot 100 !
                                          Scott Borchetta says that Taylor was nearing 20 million albums and Billboard said she was nearing 35 million digital song track downloads at year end, so you're likely right.

                                          TS-2006 sold ~ 100k in Canada & Fearless sold 500k in Canada. The debut wasn't sold in the UK; a few pop version songs were added to Fearless.

                                          For the album numbers to add up, they may be counting shipments:

                                          TS-2006 . . . 5.5 million
                                          Fearless . . . 8.5 million
                                          Speak Now . 5 million
                                          others . . . . . 1 million
                                          Red took 5 weeks to hit 2m in US sales. Speak Now took 6. Fearless took 7. Taylor Swift took 61. 1989 hit 2m in 3 weeks...

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by swiftie13
                                            1. BRUNO MARS - Grenade: 134.972 (+ 0.433)
                                            2. KATY PERRY - Firework: 122.473 (- 1.024)
                                            3. ENRIQUE IGLESIAS - Tonight f/Ludacris: 110.383 (+ 1.198)
                                            4. TAYLOR SWIFT - Back To December: 91.234 (+ 0.516)
                                            5. RIHANNA - What's My Name? f/Drake: 88.035 (- 2.053)
                                            6. LADY GAGA - Born This Way: 87.677 (- 7.464)
                                            7. BRITNEY SPEARS - Hold It Against Me: 86.074 (+ 0.410)
                                            8. PINK - F**kin' Perfect (Perfect): 82.447 (+ 1.562)
                                            I hope she reaches 100M.
                                            What's her highest peak on radio?

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by Leo92
                                              Originally posted by swiftie13
                                              1. BRUNO MARS - Grenade: 134.972 (+ 0.433)
                                              2. KATY PERRY - Firework: 122.473 (- 1.024)
                                              3. ENRIQUE IGLESIAS - Tonight f/Ludacris: 110.383 (+ 1.198)
                                              4. TAYLOR SWIFT - Back To December: 91.234 (+ 0.516)
                                              5. RIHANNA - What's My Name? f/Drake: 88.035 (- 2.053)
                                              6. LADY GAGA - Born This Way: 87.677 (- 7.464)
                                              7. BRITNEY SPEARS - Hold It Against Me: 86.074 (+ 0.410)
                                              8. PINK - F**kin' Perfect (Perfect): 82.447 (+ 1.562)
                                              I hope she reaches 100M.
                                              What's her highest peak on radio?
                                              YBWM 124m.
                                              Find me on Last.fm

                                              Comment


                                              • ^ Well, that was huge.
                                                I doubt BTD will achieve the same, though, but I hope for those 100M at least

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by CountryMan

                                                  The debut wasn't sold in the UK; a few pop version songs were added to Fearless.
                                                  It wasn't? Then why did it chart in the UK albums? It's peak was 81, I think.
                                                  God Bless You... Akipaul> My Week Chart Potterhead.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by rootzsmith
                                                    Originally posted by RobbieTakeThat
                                                    can someone share TAYLOR SWIFT total worldwide sales for her album & singles,thanks.....!
                                                    exceed 19 million albums and 33 million song downloads.
                                                    i mean each of the album and the singles please....
                                                    Adele can't beat Take That & Robbie Williams

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X