No announcement yet.

Taylor Swift :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And Taylor Swift (Album) is certified Silver for shipments of over 60,000 units in the UK!

Comment

• Originally posted by swiftie13
      Originally posted by CountryMan

The debut wasn't sold in the UK; a few pop version songs were added to Fearless.
      It wasn't? Then why did it chart in the UK albums? It's peak was 81, I think.
      sorry, my mistake...someone mentioned the debut was released in Australia also. I wonder if sales have picked up in those countries the debut was released in since 2008?
      Red took 5 weeks to hit 2m in US sales. Speak Now took 6. Fearless took 7. Taylor Swift took 61. 1989 hit 2m in 3 weeks...

Comment

• My girlfriend is far of being a Taylor Swift s fan and she said that Never Grow Up and Better than Revenge are her favs from SN. Just saying

Now, I m not sure Better than revenge would really be a bad choice for a third single.

The yuppies networking, the panic, the vomit, the panic, the vomit, God loves his children, God loves his children...yeah.

Comment

• 1. BRUNO MARS - Grenade: 134.496 (+ 0.476)
          2. KATY PERRY - Firework: 122.351 (- 1.122)
          3. ENRIQUE IGLESIAS - Tonight f/Ludacris: 111.290 (+ 0.907)
          4. TAYLOR SWIFT - Back To December: 92.315 (+ 1.081)
          5. RIHANNA - What's My Name? f/Drake: 86.443 (- 1.592)
          6. BRITNEY SPEARS - Hold It Against Me: 86.235 (+ 0.161)
          7. PINK - F**kin' Perfect (Perfect): 83.483 (+ 1.036)
          8. LADY GAGA - Born This Way: 81.933 (- 5.744)
          9. CHRIS BROWN - Yeah 3x: 77.078 (+ 1.200)
          10. PINK - Raise Your Glass: 75.828 (- 0.734)

Another million update. I didn't think this song would have anymore! YES!

Also the song is #43 on iTunes .
          God Bless You... Akipaul> My Week Chart Potterhead.

Comment

• wow, what a really strong airplay they should defo benefit from that: to release some remix EP or discount once again the single, with such airplay it should sell much more than it actually did :-?

Comment

• Originally posted by rp662
              And Taylor Swift (Album) is certified Silver for shipments of over 60,000 units in the UK!
              Good
              I like your avatar, btw.

Comment

1. BRUNO MARS - Grenade: 134.496 (+ 0.476)

Amazing
                The yuppies networking, the panic, the vomit, the panic, the vomit, God loves his children, God loves his children...yeah.

Comment

• New Zealand
                  February 20 2011:

Taylor Swift - Speak Now - plat x1
                  Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll

Comment

• Originally posted by borderwolf
                    New Zealand
                    February 20 2011:

About how much shipments is that?

Comment

Originally posted by borderwolf
                      New Zealand
                      February 20 2011:

About how much shipments is that?
                      Platinum is 15k units for each domestic and foreign artists

Comment

• AP Interview: Taylor Swift relishes Asian success
                        AP, Feb 21, 2011 12:42 pm PST
                        Wrapping up the Asian leg of her world tour, Taylor Swift is relishing her growing international appeal as the singer-songwriter steadily gains fan outside the U.S. with her combination of confessional lyrics and country sound.

Shortly before taking the stage at Hong Kong's AsiaWorld-Expo arena late Monday, the 21-year-old received a long line of Universal Music executives from across Asia who presented her with platinum sales plaques. Swift's previous album, "Fearless" sold 400,000 copies in the region. Her latest release, "Speak Now," is also performing well, achieving platinum status in Taiwan, South Korea, Indonesia and the Philippines.

"Some of them were really surprising to me. I wasn't aware of every single certification we have in Asia. It really blew my mind," Swift told The Associated Press backstage.

It's testimony to the growing crossover appeal of the country star on foreign shores. Having just released her third album in October, the four-time Grammy winner can already boast a considerable global following. The initial Asian leg of Swift's "Speak Now" tour has taken her to Singapore, Seoul, Osaka, Tokyo and Manila.

Swift said she's proud to be an international ambassador for country music.

"I love country music, and I love the fact that it's being accepted all over the world. That is so exciting for me," she told the AP.

"I have heroes who have taken country music internationally. You have Garth Brooks and Shania Twain. They really did a lot for country music because they brought an awareness to it. The fact that I have the opportunity to do that too and go to other countries where I've never been before and play music it's what I've always dreamed of doing."

"The international success has been the most beautiful and pleasant surprise. Being welcomed by countries that speak a different language from the language I speak is an honor," Swift said.

"It really touches me every time I look down and I see all the fans singing the words to my songs, having written the lyrics, knowing that they connect in countries where English really isn't spoken by everyone. It means the world to me."

It hasn't been all work and no play on the Asian tour. Swift said she has taken in the local cuisine and sites. She visited Singapore Chinatown, visited a beach in Hong Kong and shopped and was dressed up as a geisha in Tokyo.

She said she relaxes on tour by ordering room service and watching the TV show "Friends." She also uses down time to compose "Speak Now" was almost entirely written during her previous tour, she says.

Swift next returns to the U.S. before kicking off the European leg of the tour in Brussels on March 6. The American leg begins on May 27 in Omaha, Nebraska. She will tour Australia and New Zealand later in the year.
                        Source : http://new.music.yahoo.com/various-arti ... iD_KSxxCUv

Comment

• Originally posted by Formusic
                          Originally posted by swiftie13
                          1. BRUNO MARS - Grenade: 134.496 (+ 0.476)

Amazing
                          U go girls !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by tada
                            wow, what a really strong airplay they should defo benefit from that: to release some remix EP or discount once again the single, with such airplay it should sell much more than it actually did :-?
                            WOW!! i love your marketing plan. If she do , BTD will climb into top 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by rootzsmith
                              Originally posted by tada
                              wow, what a really strong airplay they should defo benefit from that: to release some remix EP or discount once again the single, with such airplay it should sell much more than it actually did :-?
                              WOW!! i love your marketing plan. If she do , BTD will climb into top 10.
                              it's not so impressive but actually there is little stuff they can do: promotion on TV seems not to happen right now so they can manipulate its price, paying for iTunes banners, giving away video, use the song for some TV advertisement (unlikely). The airplay itself does not much sell the song this time so if they wanna milk more bucks, they have to endeavor but if they want 3rd single, they can let it pass away

Comment

• 2. KATY PERRY - Firework: 120.863 (- 1.488)
                                3. ENRIQUE IGLESIAS - Tonight f/Ludacris: 112.357 (+ 1.067)

4. TAYLOR SWIFT - Back To December: 93.009 (+0.694)
                                5. BRITNEY SPEARS - Hold It Against Me: 85.681 (-0.554)
                                6. RIHANNA - What's My Name? f/Drake: 84.896 (- 1.547)

still sittin' pretty at No. 4, with nobody right behind her.
                                last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenix98
                                  2. KATY PERRY - Firework: 120.863 (- 1.488)

but gaga has recovered after hard weekend. :-?
                                  Find me on Last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by Marshall
                                    Originally posted by phoenix98
                                    2. KATY PERRY - Firework: 120.863 (- 1.488)

but gaga has recovered after hard weekend. :-?
                                    Great update! I hope she will be in the top 5 on Billboard, though I won't hold my breath, as long as it reaches 100m I'll be super happy . I just hope Gaga won't come back toooo strong.

Comment

• BTW I think it was just a rumor that one of her songs will appear on Glee :evil: , by now it would've been on the iTunes top 100 . I see Tik Tok and Blame It and a couple others but no Taylor Swift! :evil: It would've helped so much with her sales!!!!!! Hopefully they do, though I'm not sure.

Comment

• ^ Yeah. That would be awesome! Glee boosts the sales of all artists when they perform. Back To December could really use that.
                                        Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Good 4 U [13 weeks]

Remember that you are water. Cry. Cleanse. Flow.
                                        Remember that you are fire. Burn. Tame. Ignite.
                                        Remember that you are air. Be still. Focus. Decide.
                                        Remember that you are earth. Ground. Build. Give.

Comment

• 13 15 TAYLOR SWIFT BIG MACHINE 30,717 -6%
                                          SPEAK NOW
                                          9 16 JASON ALDEAN BROKEN BOW 29,980 -17%
                                          MY KINDA PARTY

Less than predicted right? :( At least it beat "My Kinda Party" and hopefully it will be in th top 2 on country albums for a long time! Too bad Need You Know is acting like "Fearless" did

Comment

• It is less than predicted, but many other albums also got less than predicted, good numbers still!

Comment

BTW I think it was just a rumor that one of her songs will appear on Glee :evil: , by now it would've been on the iTunes top 100 . I see Tik Tok and Blame It and a couple others but no Taylor Swift! :evil: It would've helped so much with her sales!!!!!! Hopefully they do, though I'm not sure.
                                              That would be great for the song
                                              How could you be mad?

Comment

• Originally posted by Leo92
                                                Originally posted by swiftie13
                                                BTW I think it was just a rumor that one of her songs will appear on Glee :evil: , by now it would've been on the iTunes top 100 . I see Tik Tok and Blame It and a couple others but no Taylor Swift! :evil: It would've helped so much with her sales!!!!!! Hopefully they do, though I'm not sure.
                                                That would be great for the song
                                                How could you be mad?
                                                Because I heard they were going to have a Taylor song on Glee on the new episode but they aren't! I would love for Glee to cover Taylor Swift, it would help sales a lot.

Comment

• I don't get it

Comment

• i love all tay's songs but please, not glee... i don't wanna vomiting.
                                                    Find me on Last.fm

Comment

Working...
                                                    X