Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by emi
    Originally posted by CountryMan
    Fearless is #8 this week on the BB200 [if Hits=BB200] but loses its position at #1 on the YTD sales by about 12k
    Yeah Taylor loses her #1 place but I'm sure Fearless will end the year at the top position if the deluxe edition is still planed.
    I really hope holiday sales by itself or a deluxe edition will boost her back to #1. I want her to be #1 this year. She SO deserves it! She has really done her thing and RULED the album chart this year just because she released great music!
    I was waiting for Bey to drop so she could show that T&A arent the only ones smashing album SALES!!!

Comment

• I really hope holiday sales by itself or a deluxe edition will boost her back to #1.

It's not a great sign if the only way she can get to number one is by "re-releasing" her album while it's still on the charts. I hate it when people do that.
      Super kid, you're a genius, flap your angel wings and disappear, cause heaven better save some tearsssssssss

Comment

• Originally posted by danbarj
        Originally posted by emi
        Originally posted by CountryMan
        Fearless is #8 this week on the BB200 [if Hits=BB200] but loses its position at #1 on the YTD sales by about 12k
        Yeah Taylor loses her #1 place but I'm sure Fearless will end the year at the top position if the deluxe edition is still planed.
        I really hope holiday sales by itself or a deluxe edition will boost her back to #1. I want her to be #1 this year. She SO deserves it! She has really done her thing and RULED the album chart this year just because she released great music!
        With so many competitors in the fall, I am afraid...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pufnstuf
          I really hope holiday sales by itself or a deluxe edition will boost her back to #1.

It's not a great sign if the only way she can get to number one is by "re-releasing" her album while it's still on the charts. I hate it when people do that.
          After forty weeks on the BB200, nobody's album is going to reach #1 again [unless they are a legend who dies suddenly] so a re-release isn't usually an issue. Only the great artists can make a re-release sell significant amounts of albums & I don't think any re-release has ever gone to #1 on the BB200.

This would be another sign of Taylor's future status as a legend of the music industry if Fearless were able to hit #1 again.

Taylor's fans are happy to have another 3-4 new songs and likely some DVD music videos while waiting for Taylor's next album. We are hoping for another week at #1 but it might be buried by someone else's hot album.
          Red took 5 weeks to hit 2m in US sales. Speak Now took 6. Fearless took 7. Taylor Swift took 61. 1989 hit 2m in 3 weeks...

Comment

• http://www.billboard.com/charts/billboa ... der=timeon

Taylor Swift [2006] reaches week 148 on the BB200 at #45. This is three weeks away from tieing Shania's UP album's record of 151 weeks on the BB200 since the rules changed in 1997 [ref. past column of Paul Grein].

The next two longest charting albums on the BB200 are having trouble hanging on. Daughtry [144 weeks] at #104 and Carrie's Carnival Ride [96 weeks] at #114 are at risk of being moved to the catalog chart depending upon charting success of their singles.
            Red took 5 weeks to hit 2m in US sales. Speak Now took 6. Fearless took 7. Taylor Swift took 61. 1989 hit 2m in 3 weeks...

Comment

• Wishing her the best. I want 5x platinum certification for both albums. I can't wait to see how she ends this thing. She's got another 3 songs or so that can carry this album. It's only been "carried" this far - nearly a year after release - by two songs, YBWM and Love Story. Both of which were huge hits and she's just been doing her thing!!! I want some Grammies now!!!
              I was waiting for Bey to drop so she could show that T&A arent the only ones smashing album SALES!!!

Comment

• Country Music Hall of Fame releases 2010 calendar
                Thursday, August 27, 2009 – The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum has released its official calendar for 2010.The calendar features 12 portraits of Kenny Chesney, Alan Jackson, Toby Keith, Miranda Lambert, Little Big Town, Martina McBride, Tim McGraw, Brad Paisley, George Strait, Sugarland, Taylor Swift and Keith Urban.

http://www.countrystandardtime.com/news ... p?xid=3202

- so, what is the rest of the story? About 11 of these artists are members of the Hall of Fame, so will Taylor be inducted this fall?

Comment

• what about white horse? that got like #11, did it stay long and help the album?
                  Follow

Comment

• Originally posted by danbarj
                    Wishing her the best. I want 5x platinum certification for both albums. I can't wait to see how she ends this thing. She's got another 3 songs or so that can carry this album. It's only been "carried" this far - nearly a year after release - by two songs, YBWM and Love Story. Both of which were huge hits and she's just been doing her thing!!! I want some Grammies now!!!
                    I suppose you have seen the predictions for Fearless receiving a Grammy nomination.

http://goldderby.latimes.com/awards_gol ... uston.html

And BMR's videos for the CMA nominations at this website

http://www.hififusion.com/ecard/taylorswift/cma2009/2/

Comment

• Overall, "Number Ones" has racked up 3.3 million units in sales since its release in 2003, compared with "Fearless" at 3.7 million since bowing in 2008, with few signs of slowing.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111800 ... id=16&cs=1

I had not realized that Fearless [2008] had outsold MJ's Number Ones [2003] in the US.

Another sign that Taylor Swift will soon be a recognized legend of the music industry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toadallstar2
                        what about white horse? that got like #11, did it stay long and help the album?
                        Like YBWM, they were released with high peaks due to high digital sales but all weren't pushed as singles. I guess the idea was to push them each, individually, later. So "White Horse" may not have seen its final peak. Like YBWM it could be resurrected and become a big hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountryMan
                          Originally posted by danbarj
                          Wishing her the best. I want 5x platinum certification for both albums. I can't wait to see how she ends this thing. She's got another 3 songs or so that can carry this album. It's only been "carried" this far - nearly a year after release - by two songs, YBWM and Love Story. Both of which were huge hits and she's just been doing her thing!!! I want some Grammies now!!!
                          I suppose you have seen the predictions for Fearless receiving a Grammy nomination.

http://goldderby.latimes.com/awards_gol ... uston.html

And BMR's videos for the CMA nominations at this website

http://www.hififusion.com/ecard/taylorswift/cma2009/2/
                          I actually hadn't seen the predictions but I would love for her to receive an AOTY nod along with a whole bunch of others. I want her to take home a bunch. I think she deserves such: not JUST because of her commercial success this year, but because she achieved the success she has while writing her own songs and playing an instrument while singing (regardless of how people classify her voice). She sings live and that's all that matters.

If there were one person this year that should clean up, it should be her.

Comment

• "...FEARLESS has spent 11 weeks so far in the #1 position atop Billboard's all-genre Top 200 Sales chart..."

"...Taylor has sold more albums than any artist in the world so far this year, and her paid music downloads now exceed 19.5 million songs."

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_i ... 022&ref=mf

http://www.bigmachinerecords.com/taylor ... wStory=285

- checking over BMR's press release again, I noticed the "11 weeks so far" so BMR must have plans to increase that number to tie or overtake Santanas 1999-2000 12 weeks at #1.

Taylor keeps things interesting...every week!

Comment

• Fearless projected to be in BB200 top 10 next week for the 36th week. Number Ones estimated to pull ahead another 20k for a 32k YTD lead over Fearless.

YOUR WEEKEND CHART PREVIEW: Colbie Caillat’s sophomore album will run away with this week’s competition, as the momentum from her 2007 breakthrough continues (in that sense it's fitting that the new LP is titled Breakthrough). Meanwhile, a pair of scrappy veterans will score their first Top 10 debuts, while the leader board will contain just one Michael Jackson album, with the surging Kings of Rock close to overtaking the King of Pop. Here’s how things are shaping up as the last week of August winds down:
                              * Colbie Caillat (Universal Republic) 95-105k
                              * Skillet (Atlantic) 55-60k
                              Michael Jackson Number Ones (Epic) 55-60k
                              Kings of Leon (RCA/RMG) 50-55k
                              * Imogen Heap (RCA/RMG) 45-50k
                              Reba McEntire (Valory) 45-50k
                              George Strait (MCA Nashville) 45-50k
                              Black Eyed Peas (Interscope) 35-40k
                              Hannah Montana: The Movie (Walt Disney) 35-40k
                              Taylor Swift (Big Machine) 35-40k
                              * Denotes debut
                              (8/28a)

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

Comment

• Taylor Swift has been re-certified 4xp.

Fearless was not certified.

Comment

• Her sales are so consistent!!! I love this!!! She is destroying right now!

Comment

• so fifteen is the new single? wikipedia says so.
                                    Follow

Comment

• Originally posted by Toadallstar2
                                      so fifteen is the new single? wikipedia says so.
                                      Several fan sites say that Abigale Anderson flew in for the filming of the video for Fifteen but I haven't seen anything from BMR or Taylor.

"Also we finally know what Taylor's new single is!! Its going to be Fifteen and Taylor is filming the music video sometime this week! According to Abigail's Facebook status, She mentioned that she is going to Nashville to shoot the music video with Taylor. How awesome is that?! I'm really excited and I think its great choice and its perfect for this time of year. Thanks a lot to Cassidy for the info!"

http://taylorswiftweb.net/

Comment

• http://www.celebuzz.com/taylor-swift-te ... s-s130131/

Great new duet by Taylor "Two is better than One" on the new Love Drunk album by Boys like Girls - coming out September 8th.

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/sa ... cgi?090809

Comment

• http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_b ... art-2.html

Grammy 2010 Review by LA Times

Taylor Swift, 'Fearless'

"Grammy potential: And here, ladies and gentleman, is your 2010 front-runner for the Grammy album of the year. The country princess is not only the biggest star of the moment, she's been embraced by the Recording Academy. Swift, remember, was the standout star of last year's first-ever prime-time Grammy nominations special. She also performed on the awards with Miley Cyrus, despite not having a nomination. Additionally, her "Fearless" may very well end up the best-selling album of 2009, as well as the release with the most Grammy nominations. She has critics in her corner, including at least three from the Los Angeles Times, and her album has already spawned three hits. This is the year of the Swift.

Grammy deserving: If anything holds back Swift from taking this category, it may be the fact that while she's received generally favorable reviews, she's far from critic-proof. Additionally, those who have witnessed her award-show performances, including her duet at this year's Grammy telecast with Cyrus, saw a young singer whose vocals don't always rise above an amateur level. But that is not her appeal. She's pitched as an ol'-fashioned singer/songwriter, and one with upstanding moral values who relates to her fans by filtering teen issues through an adult prism. It does, however, walk a line between honest and calculated, and voters would be right to let her get one or two more albums under her crystal-emblazoned belt before giving her the top prize."

Comment

• Hi everyone, I made a post for Grammy Predictions hoping to see what everyone thinks.

http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.p ... highlight=
                                            Diva!!!

Comment

• How can she not release "You're Not Sorry" as a single? Best song on the album IMO and would make for a great Grammy's 2010 performance as well, I'd think . "Fifteen," on the other hand, is definitely one of the weaker tracks on the album... :-?

Comment

• A fan site reports an October 27/09 release date for the deluxe version of Fearless. I don't see anything on the BMR website.

http://taylorswiftweb.net/

"FEARLESS Deluxe Release
                                                posted by: Samantha in Category: News

29 Aug
                                                a

As we know before, Taylor and BMR wanted to release a deluxe version of "FEARLESS" but now its been confirmed and it will include a DVD and Sparks Fly is rumored to be one of the new songs in this record! How awesome is that?! It will come out in October 27th so mark your calendars. Thanks Tommy2.com for the info.

Taylor Swift has expressed interest in re-releasing her sophomore album and it looks like it's happening. Fearless will be re-released on October 27th as a Deluxe CD/DVD (which seems like the new standard for releases under Universal). One song and possible first single is rumored to be a track called Sparks Fly."

Comment

• I am very happy to know these informations about the re-release ! I hope already a first week around 150k ! Very interesting battle in perspective between her and MJ for the best-selling album of the year !

Comment

• I don't have fearless...I would buy the re-release if the dvd didnt come with it...that would probably cost quite a bit.
                                                    Follow

Comment

Working...
                                                    X