Taylor Swift :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Toadallstar2
    I don't have fearless...I would buy the re-release if the dvd didnt come with it...that would probably cost quite a bit.
    On the Taylor Swift [2006] Deluxe version which came out in 2007, the CD/DVD tracks were both on the same CD disk so you just played the CD/DVD on your computer to see the videos - it didn't cost any more than a typical CD album.

I can't see BMR inflating the price of Fearless Deluxe since Taylor feels that inexpensive prices are important to her 7 to 17 year old audience. BMR has already admitted that Taylor's BMR contract negotiated a low profit share for her on typical album sales but it transformed to high margin share for Taylor if sales went into the millions. So, I expect Taylor would pay for any nifty add-ons to the album package out of her share if BMR didn't.

Also, you could purchase a download of Fearless off the BMR site at $US 11.99 but I like having a physical copy of the CD.
    Red took 5 weeks to hit 2m in US sales. Speak Now took 6. Fearless took 7. Taylor Swift took 61. 1989 hit 2m in 3 weeks...

Comment

• Originally posted by Vanacoring
      I am very happy to know these informations about the re-release ! I hope already a first week around 150k ! Very interesting battle in perspective between her and MJ for the best-selling album of the year !
      You are right that 150k is a logically realistic number.

Of course we're talking about crazy teenage girls, so I'll predict 250-500k for the first week

And who knows what will happen if all 3.7 million fans decide they desperately need a copy of the Deluxe version to keep up with their friends!
      Red took 5 weeks to hit 2m in US sales. Speak Now took 6. Fearless took 7. Taylor Swift took 61. 1989 hit 2m in 3 weeks...

Comment

• ^Sweet...I'll listen to a few new tracks of the deluxe and see if I like it... to me the point of getting cds...is having the hard copy, it makes you feel so special that you are helping taylor's album sales and you have a piece of what she done. lol
        Follow

Comment

• 150k is of course just my first prediction. But, it's true, with the context of the release and the fantastic sales of the album, all is possible !

Comment

• I'm Thinking first week sales for the Deluxe edition could be 525,000 to 600,000 so after the first week of the DE it'll be nearly eligible for 5x platinum
            "the love of a mothers life is her child/children"

Comment

• Originally posted by marcsgirl85
              I'm Thinking first week sales for the Deluxe edition could be 525,000 to 600,000 so after the first week of the DE it'll be nearly eligible for 5x platinum
              Between 500 and 600k ? I know she is very popular and than her sales are already of 3,7 million but it's regardless just a re-release, not a new release ! The re-release of "Confessions" of Usher in 2004 was an enormous success in first week but with "only" 300k copies sold. Really, 150-200k would be already fantastic !

Comment

Originally posted by marcsgirl85
                I'm Thinking first week sales for the Deluxe edition could be 525,000 to 600,000 so after the first week of the DE it'll be nearly eligible for 5x platinum
                Between 500 and 600k ? I know she is very popular and than her sales are already of 3,7 million but it's regardless just a re-release, not a new release ! The re-release of "Confessions" of Usher in 2004 was an enormous success in first week but with "only" 300k copies sold. Really, 150-200k would be already fantastic !
                I don't think music retailers will have enough supply for 600k. I started looking to buy a copy of Fearless last year a week before Christmas in San Angelo, Texas - a city of 200,000 - every store had a gaping empty spot where Fearless should have been. I looked in 3-5 stores every day for a week before I found one with a Fearless album in stock.

Likely it will be the same situation for the Fearless Deluxe version - retail availability will limit sales.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountryMan
                  Originally posted by Vanacoring
                  I don't think music retailers will have enough supply for 600k. I started looking to buy a copy of Fearless last year a week before Christmas in San Angelo, Texas - a city of 200,000 - every store had a gaping empty spot where Fearless should have been. I looked in 3-5 stores every day for a week before I found one with a Fearless album in stock.

Likely it will be the same situation for the Fearless Deluxe version - retail availability will limit sales.
                  If this situation of bad stock is true everywhere in the US, it's a shame for the industry ! :evil:

Comment

Originally posted by CountryMan

If this situation of bad stock is true everywhere in the US, it's a shame for the industry ! :evil:
                    I've been wondering if BMR artificially created album shortages as a marketing tool. Or, did the retail industry underestimate the huge demand for Fearless. There were no other albums besides Fearless sold out last December when I was looking, so something was going on.

Taylor's Fearless tour has been carefully managed so that ticket demand has overwhelmed the mid-sized arenas she has been playing - or am I imagining the strategy behind Taylor's tremendous success?

You don't see Taylor booking Madison Square Gardens for five nights in a row - instead she has fan frenzy every night because she keeps changing venues.

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan
                      Hi everyone, I made a post for Grammy Predictions hoping to see what everyone thinks.

http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.p ... highlight=
                      Album of the Year - Fearless

Taylor Swift's Fearless is one of the top critically acclaimed albums released in 2008. One measure of quality might be the number of songs from an album which make the Billboard’s Hot 100.

Fearless is #1 using that measure.

November 21, 2008 Story By Chris Molanphy

http://idolator.com/5095685/swift-kick- ... ongs-a-hit

"In the annals of popular music, certain albums stand out for their sheer percentage of hit-bound material. Michael Jackson’s Thriller is the most famous, not just because it spun off seven Top 10 singles—the first album to do so—but because the whole disc had only nine tracks. That’s a stunning 78% hit ratio. Shania Twain’s Come on Over, roughly 70% of which charted on the country and pop charts over the course of two years, is nearly as legendary...What’s unprecedented is just how much of an individual Swift album has now made the chart... just one week after it debuted in stores, Swift’s Fearless is 85% hit.

...just for the record, here are all of Swift’s chart hits from the Fearless album, with highest chart position in parentheses (in all cases except “Love Story,” the peak position came in the song’s debut week). This week’s six debuts are listed last:

“Change” (No. 10)
                      “Love Story” (No. 5)
                      “Fearless” (No. 9)
                      “You’re Not Sorry” (No. 11)
                      “You Belong with Me” (No. 12)
                      “White Horse” (No. 13)
                      “Forever & Always” (No. 49)
                      “The Way I Loved You” (No. 72)
                      “Fifteen” (No. 79)
                      “Breathe” (No. 87)
                      “Hey Stephen” (No. 94)

...Swift’s 11-for-13 score from a single album was, until this week, unimaginable even for a superstar like Michael Jackson."

Grammy 2010 Review by LA Times

"...Grammy potential: And here, ladies and gentleman, is your 2010 front-runner for the Grammy album of the year. The country princess is not only the biggest star of the moment, she's been embraced by the Recording Academy. Swift, remember, was the standout star of last year's first-ever prime-time Grammy nominations special. She also performed on the awards with Miley Cyrus, despite not having a nomination. Additionally, her "Fearless" may very well end up the best-selling album of 2009, as well as the release with the most Grammy nominations..."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_b ... art-2.html

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_b ... art-1.html

"...Taylor Swift's "Fearless" is the biggest-selling album of 2009. Swift performed on the 2008 Grammy nomination special and telecast without any nominations. That is usually a good indicator. I expect Taylor Swift to represent the country field in the album of the year race..."

"...DOUBLE D'S COMMENTARY: Swift is in unless voters show a bias against her age/genre of music. "Fearless" is one of the year's most successful albums critically and commercially. After that, this category is a toss-up. It's been a weak year for music, so Kanye will likely earn his fourth nomination in this category. Everyone loves a good comeback, and Maxwell's album has been well received by both critics and fans. The commercial success of the Black Eyed Peas will land them a nod here, and Green Day will round out the category unless Grammy voters decide to honor any of the veteran nominees/winners -- U2, Springsteen, Dylan, Eminem, Whitney Houston, etc..."

http://goldderby.latimes.com/awards_gol ... uston.html

The LA Times critics rave about Fearless:

"...If I were a higher-up in the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences, I'd be kneeling down right now and thanking whatever I worship for Taylor Swift. The 18-year-old country crossover queen didn't give the best performance during Wednesday night's hour-long live Grammy nominations special, but she did embody what makes a likely Grammy winner this year -- as well as what makes a hope-generating star in a music industry on the skids..."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_b ... ina-1.html

"...she would head off every day to her job at Sony/ATV Music Publishing where, at 14, she was hired to write more songs, as a professional in the country music capital.

...For Swift, who also co-produced the new album, it's all about getting her material out to listeners."

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/oct/26 ... ca-swift26

"Swift had a preternatural command over her spectacle. Much of this is due to the very adult strength of her writing."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_b ... enter.html

Comment

• Wal-Mart releases Miley Cyrus Times of Our Lives two days early and changes this week's chart - and perhaps next week's chart if Miley is missing 60k needed for 1st next week.

Miley's unexpected charting also moves Fearless down to #9 on the BB200. Number Ones gains another 26k for a 37k YTD lead over Fearless.

CHART DATE: 08/31/2009
                        LAST UPDATE: 09/01/2009 13:17:18
                        NOW IN: FINAL

LW TW artist / album label power index % change
                        -- 1 COLBIE CAILLAT UNIVERSAL REPUBLIC 108,942 --
                        BREAKTHROUGH
                        -- 2 MILEY CYRUS HOLLYWOOD 63,729 --
                        TIMES OF OUR LIVES
                        -- 3 SKILLET ATLANTIC 63,712 --
                        AWAKE
                        2 4 MICHAEL JACKSON EPIC 60,620 -12%
                        NUMBER ONES
                        5 5 KINGS OF LEON RCA/RMG 52,674 +16%
                        ONLY BY THE NIGHT
                        -- 6 IMOGEN HEAP RCA/RMG 46,962 --
                        ELLIPSE
                        1 7 REBA MCENTIRE VALORY 41,720 -56%
                        KEEP ON LOVING YOU
                        3 8 GEORGE STRAIT MCA NASHVILLE 41,259 -31%
                        TWANG
                        6 9 BLACK EYED PEAS INTERSCOPE 36,062 -11%
                        E.N.D. (ENERGY NEVER DIES)
                        10 10 TAYLOR SWIFT BIG MACHINE 34,309 +2%
                        FEARLESS
                        -- 11 NOW COUNTRY 2 SONY MUSIC 33,156 --
                        VARIOUS ARTISTS
                        7 12 HANNAH MONTANA: THE MOVIE WALT DISNEY 33,025 -14%
                        SOUNDTRACK
                        11 13 DAUGHTRY 19/RCA/RMG 32,955 -1%
                        LEAVE THIS TOWN
                        9 14 MICHAEL JACKSON EPIC 29,794 -12%
                        ESSENTIAL
                        -- 15 LETOYA CAPITOL 29,665 --
                        LADY LOVE
                        12 16 NOW 31 SONY MUSIC 28,312 -14%
                        VARIOUS ARTISTS
                        13 17 MAXWELL COLUMBIA 28,204 -8%
                        BLACKSUMMERS'NIGHT
                        15 18 ZAC BROWN BAND ATLANTIC 27,239 0%
                        FOUNDATION
                        -- 19 ARCTIC MONKEYS DOMINO 23,835 --
                        HUMBUG
                        16 20 MICHAEL JACKSON EPIC 23,773 -11%
                        THRILLER

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi

Comment

Miley's unexpected charting also moves Fearless down to #9 on the BB200. Number Ones gains another 26k for a 37k YTD lead over Fearless.
                          Yes, this week her normal position was #8 with a 2% gain after 42 weeks ! And even if the MJ gain is in increase, I think she keeps good chance to finish above him at the final. It will be a neck-to-neck battle !

Comment

• Fearless Deluxe version release

- I was wondering when Big Machine Records would be announcing the release date [Oct 27th] & I ran across a release date on CMT website in 2007 for the Taylor Swift Deluxe version. BMR only gave four weeks advance notice so I suppose they will do the same for the Fearless Deluxe release.

Comment

Yes, this week her normal position was #8 with a 2% gain after 42 weeks ! And even if the MJ gain is in increase, I think she keeps good chance to finish above him at the final. It will be a neck-to-neck battle !
                              But it looks like MJ has the most album sales by an artist for 2009 once you add up sales from his 27 albums. Taylor will be #2 this year in the artist category.

For 2010, it looks like another strong sales year for Taylor - about 1.5 million for Fearless and unknown millions for her 3rd major album release. Perhaps another 0.5 million from her other albums.

Comment

But it looks like MJ has the most album sales by an artist for 2009 once you add up sales from his 27 albums. Taylor will be #2 this year in the artist category.

For 2010, it looks like another strong sales year for Taylor - about 1.5 million for Fearless and unknown millions for her 3rd major album release. Perhaps another 0.5 million from her other albums.
                                For the artist category you are true of course : there is no competition for MJ who is already around 4,5 million copies sold I believe. And for 2010, perhaps she will be leader of the year with the same total than MJ this year ?

Comment

• And another week in the top 10... this girl just keeps selling. I want 5x platinum for both albums. I'm going to buy the Deluxe Edition when it comes out and do my part to help her get there.
                                  I was waiting for Bey to drop so she could show that T&A arent the only ones smashing album SALES!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by danbarj
                                    And another week in the top 10... this girl just keeps selling. I want 5x platinum for both albums. I'm going to buy the Deluxe Edition when it comes out and do my part to help her get there.
                                    I'm buying Fearless Deluxe also - and putting Fearless back into #1 on BB200 for the release week!

Comment

• Taylor Swift [2006] is closing in on that record of 151 weeks by Shania's UP album for longest on the BB200 since the rules changed in 1997.

To put Taylor Swift's and Daughtry's albums stay on the BB200 in perspective with the more typical time spent by top albums such as MGMT and Alan Jackson - 156 weeks = 3 years while 78 weeks = 1.5 years.

Originally posted by thebigham
                                      9/12/09 chart:

Albums with over 52 weeks on the BB200:

149 Taylor Swift
                                      145 Daughtry
                                      78 MGMT
                                      78 Alan Jackson
                                      74 Theory of a Deadman
                                      74 George Strait
                                      72 Lady Antebellum
                                      69 Toby Keith
                                      68 Jason Mraz
                                      68 Frank Sinatra

65 Disturbed
                                      64 Lil Wayne
                                      63 Coldplay
                                      63 Katy Perry
                                      62 Shinedown
                                      60 Mamma Mia Sdtk.
                                      58 Sugarland
                                      56 Jamey Johnson
                                      54 Third Day
                                      52 Hollywood Undead

52 Chris Tomlin

Falling off:

96 Carrie Underwood - moved to the Catalog chart
                                      70 Saving Abel
                                      64 3 Doors Down
                                      65 Jack Johnson
                                      52 Slipknot
                                      Thanks to thebigham off the US Billboard Charts (12 09 2009) forum

Comment

Originally posted by danbarj
                                        And another week in the top 10... this girl just keeps selling. I want 5x platinum for both albums. I'm going to buy the Deluxe Edition when it comes out and do my part to help her get there.
                                        I'm buying Fearless Deluxe also - and putting Fearless back into #1 on BB200 for the release week!
                                        You are in United States ? Cool idea to re-buy !

Comment

Sorry - Fearless Deluxe doesn't appear to be available in Europe.

Comment

Sorry - Fearless Deluxe doesn't appear to be available in Europe.
                                            It's not a surprise. She is no (and Country in general) not very popular here... Her name is again unknow for almost all the French people for example.

Comment

• It is shaping up to be a tough battle for Fearless to stay in the BB200 top 10 this week with 6-8 artists battling it out for spots #7 - 14.

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

YOUR LABOR DAY WEEKEND CHART PREVIEW: In a wonky week that began with a Monday release date and ends with a holiday weekend, the margin of error may be a little greater than usual (if that's even possible). Here's how we think the top of next week's chart will look:
                                              ** Whitney Houston (Arista/RMG) 290-310k
                                              Miley Cyrus (Hollywood) 135-150k
                                              ** Trey Songz (Atlantic) 110-120k
                                              Michael Jackson Number Ones (Epic) 60-65k
                                              Colbie Caillat (Universal Republic) 50-55k
                                              Kings of Leon (RCA/RMG) 45-50k
                                              ** Chevelle (Epic) 35-40k
                                              Taylor Swift (Big Machine) 30-35k
                                              Hannah Montana: The Movie (Walt Disney) 30-35k
                                              ** Pitbull (Polo Grounds/J/RMG) 30-35k
                                              Black Eyed Peas (Interscope) 30-35k
                                              Maxwell (Columbia) 30-35k
                                              ** Black Crows (Silver Arrow) 30-35k
                                              Zac Brown Band (Atlantic) 25-30k
                                              ** The Used (Reprise) 25-30k
                                              ** Denotes debut
                                              Have a mellow Labor Day weekend, boys and girls. See y’all Tuesday. (9/4a)

Comment

• India
                                                http://www.screenindia.com/

#5 Taylor Swift - Fearless
                                                Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll

Comment

It is shaping up to be a tough battle for Fearless to stay in the BB200 top 10 this week with 6-8 artists battling it out for spots #7 - 14.
                                                  I am sure she will be again in the Top 10 !

Comment

• Originally posted by nelson
                                                    Originally posted by nelson
                                                    - a press release appearing in CMT News - Taylor must be over in the UK....

Taylor Swift's Fearless Earns Numerous International Certifications
                                                    August 20, 2009
                                                    Taylor Swift's Fearless has earned 14 gold and platinum certifications around the world. The album is approaching quadruple-platinum status in the U.S. for shipments of 4 million units. In addition, it has been certified triple-platinum in Australia (210,000 units) and Canada (240,000), as well as platinum in Singapore (12,000), New Zealand (15,000), Ireland (15,000), Indonesia (150,000), Malaysia (20,000) and Taiwan (14,000). Gold certifications come from the United Kingdom (double gold for 200,000), Norway (15,000), South Africa (20,000), Hong Kong (15,000) and the Philippines (15,000).
                                                    Do you have a link?
                                                    I'm assuming BMR sent out a press release since I've seen it on a few media sites

http://www.cmt.com/news/news-in-brief/1 ... ions.jhtml
                                                    If you read IFPI site, Indonesia has no 150k for platinum.
                                                    - would you believe...15k for Indonesia

http://www.theboot.com/2009/08/21/taylo ... avy-metal/

"...Taylor's march towards world domination began in the U.S., where 'Fearless' is already certified triple-platinum. Album certifications vary by country, so while her triple platinum certification in the U.S. means three million CDs sold (and counting!) the same certification in Canada represents 240,000 discs. 'Fearless' is now double platinum in Australia (140K), where Taylor toured earlier this year. It has reached platinum in Malaysa (20K), Ireland, Indonesia and New Zealand (15K apiece), as well as Taiwan (14K) and Singapore (12K). The United Kingdom has certified the album Gold x2 (200K), while Norway, South Africa, Hong Kong, and The Phillipines have issued gold records for sales ranging from 7,500 to 20,000 units.

If all those numbers boggle your brain, let us lend our fingers and toes. By our math, more than 620,000 copies of 'Fearless' are in CD players outside of the United States..."

Comment

Working...
                                                    X