Taylor Swift :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MJDangerous
    Use last week building album chart to extrapolate easily. At the same point last week:

17 6 TAYLOR SWIFT BIG MACHINE 21,434
    FEARLESS
    -- 50 TAYLOR SWIFT BIG MACHINE 4,335
    TAYLOR SWIFT

Both down about 18%. That would put Fearless at 37k+, TS at just 10k, assuming they counted the same shops as last week at the same point (which is true for the last few weeks).
    That sounds reasonable ''

Of course I wonder who are all these new buyers that can't wait a month for the new version of Fearless.
    Red took 5 weeks to hit 2m in US sales. Speak Now took 6. Fearless took 7. Taylor Swift took 61. 1989 hit 2m in 3 weeks...

Comment

• Originally posted by CountryMan
      Originally posted by MJDangerous
      Use last week building album chart to extrapolate easily. At the same point last week:

17 6 TAYLOR SWIFT BIG MACHINE 21,434
      FEARLESS
      -- 50 TAYLOR SWIFT BIG MACHINE 4,335
      TAYLOR SWIFT

Both down about 18%. That would put Fearless at 37k+, TS at just 10k, assuming they counted the same shops as last week at the same point (which is true for the last few weeks).
      That sounds reasonable ''

Of course I wonder who are all these new buyers that can't wait a month for the new version of Fearless.
      The ones who didn't read news, maybe causal buyers who saw the cover and said "Oh, who's this beauty" and then picked up.

Comment

• yeah that's probably true and I can't wait to see what fearless does in the next couple of months with the platinum edition release 10/27 it's already gonna pass 3.9 million scaned this week and could easily do another 1.5 million by thanksgiving
        "the love of a mothers life is her child/children"

Comment

• Originally posted by marcsgirl85
          yeah that's probably true and I can't wait to see what fearless does in the next couple of months with the platinum edition release 10/27 it's already gonna pass 3.9 million scaned this week and could easily do another 1.5 million by thanksgiving
          so you're predicting possibly 3.3 million in 2009 sales by thanksgiving with the peak sales season following after that [another ~ 0.5-1.0 million in December]?

That is pretty scary compared to the poor sales by other albums. Even my earlier prediction of 2.95 million for 2009 would be amazing for any album this year.
          Red took 5 weeks to hit 2m in US sales. Speak Now took 6. Fearless took 7. Taylor Swift took 61. 1989 hit 2m in 3 weeks...

Comment

• Originally posted by CountryMan
            Originally posted by marcsgirl85
            yeah that's probably true and I can't wait to see what fearless does in the next couple of months with the platinum edition release 10/27 it's already gonna pass 3.9 million scaned this week and could easily do another 1.5 million by thanksgiving
            so you're predicting possibly 3.3 million in 2009 sales by thanksgiving with the peak sales season following after that [another ~ 0.5-1.0 million in December]?

That is pretty scary compared to the poor sales by other albums. Even my earlier prediction of 2.95 million for 2009 would be amazing for any album this year.
            Reaching 5 million would we awesome considering the current market situation.

Comment

• Fearless will have trouble staying in the top 10 until the Platinum release - about 2k short this week on HDD so possibly the BB200 numbers will be different.

CHART DATE: 09/28/2009
              LAST UPDATE: 09/29/2009 12:45:36
              NOW IN: FINAL

LW TW artist / album label power index % change
              -- 1 PEARL JAM MONKEYWRENCH 190,294 --
              BACKSPACER
              1 2 JAY-Z ROC NATION 130,085 -57%
              BLUEPRINT 3
              -- 3 THREE DAYS GRACE JIVE/JLG 83,913 --
              LIFE STARTS NOW
              2 4 WHITNEY HOUSTON ARISTA/RMG 62,857 -62%
              I LOOK TO YOU
              5 5 MILEY CYRUS HOLLYWOOD 60,583 -18%
              TIME OF OUR LIVES
              -- 6 BRAND NEW DGC/INTERSCOPE 44,828 --
              DAISY
              -- 7 FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH PROSPECT PARK 42,021 --
              WAR IS THE ANSWER
              8 8 MICHAEL JACKSON EPIC 38,956 -21%
              NUMBER ONES
              -- 9 HARRY CONNICK, JR. COLUMBIA 35,719 --
              YOUR SONGS
              -- 10 DAVID GRAY DOWNTOWN RECORDS 35,433 --
              DRAW THE LINE
              3 11 MUSE REPRISE 34,971 -72%
              RESISTANCE
              6 12 DRAKE CASH MONEY/UNIV MOTOWN 34,546 -52%
              SO FAR GONE
              -- 13 MONSTERS OF FOLK SHANGRI-LA MUSIC 34,316 --
              MONSTERS OF FOLK
              10 14 TAYLOR SWIFT BIG MACHINE 33,849 -26%
              FEARLESS

Comment

• Originally posted by marcsgirl85
                I hope you are right '' That would require release week sales of at least 600k with 900k over the next 4 weeks. And perhaps another 1.0 million over the next five weeks of the holidays [prime sales time to parents of pre-teens] ~ 4.5 million ''

Wal-Mart has done their bit to help by adding another two songs from V-Fest for a total of 21 song tracks + 10 DVD video tracks - pretty impressive for under $15. ''

With possible 2009 Fearless sales of 4.5 million by year end...plus about 0.7-1.0 million in sales from TS-2006...there might be a chance for Taylor Swift to come within 1 million in 2009 total artist sales of MJ's 27 albums [6 to 7 million?]...''

Isn't it amazing that it is even possible to talk about another artist being in the same ballpark as MJ's sales this year! '' This year there is no one else but Taylor Swift who could possibly have a shot at coming close. '' '' ''

Of course, she is 3 million behind MJ at the moment ''

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/chart_ ... op-titans/

"Number Ones remains the year's best-selling album, with sales since Jan. 1 of 1,876,000 copies. The hit-studded collection has sold more copies this year than it did from the time of its release in November 2003 through the end of 2008 (1,708,000).

Here are some more amazing stats: Jackson has sold 5,280,000 albums since he died in June. In just three months, he has sold more than half as many albums as he did in the 9-1/2 years between Jan. 1, 2000 and his death. (He sold 10,245,000 albums in that period.)"

Comment

• The all-American image of the Statue of Liberty reminds us of the tall, wholesome Taylor Swift. Just as how Lady Liberty is an icon of freedom, the Nashville star is a symbol of country music.

http://www.mtv.com/photos/who-are-the-l ... hoto.jhtml

By the time Fearless Platinum is released, there will be two Taylor Swift albums on the BB200 with four million in sales - amazing ''

http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.p ... s&start=50

Originally posted by thebigham
                  Best sellers on the BB200 over 1.0 million:

10/10/09 chart:

SWIFT*TAYLOR TAYLOR SWIFT 4,337,225

SWIFT*TAYLOR FEARLESS 3,902,314
                  LIL WAYNE THA CARTER III 3,261,265

COLDPLAY VIVA LA VIDA 2,577,140
                  BEYONCE I AM...SASHA FIERCE 2,424,818
                  NICKELBACK DARK HORSE 2,314,833
                  TWILIGHT SOUNDTRACK 2,242,291

SUGARLAND LOVE ON THE INSIDE 1,828,266
                  MAMMA MIA SOUNDTRACK 1,764,301
                  HANNAH MONTANA HANNAH MOVIE SOUNDTRACK 1,537,579

LADY GAGA FAME 1,465,930
                  EMINEM RELAPSE 1,449,397
                  KINGS OF LEON ONLY BY THE NIGHT 1,379,821
                  MRAZ*JASON WE SING WE DANCE WE STEAL 1,373,416
                  P!NK FUNHOUSE 1,300,588
                  PERRY*KATY ONE OF THE BOYS 1,144,199
                  BLACK EYED PEAS E.N.D. 1,140,320
                  U2 NO LINE ON THE HORIZON 1,010,128
                  BROWN*ZAC BAND FOUNDATION 1,007,908

Falling off the past 2 weeks:

DAUGHTRY DAUGHTRY
                  T.I. PAPER TRAIL
                  SPEARS*BRITNEY CIRCUS
                  CYRUS*MILEY BREAKOUT
                  COOK*DAVID DAVID COOK
                  DISTURBED INDESTRUCTIBLE
                  FOXX*JAMIE INTUITION

Comment

• TS-2006 will soon have to look to the all time greats of BB200 history for comparison of consecutive weeks on the chart...

...of course, the 1997 rules will cut short the time TS-2006 will spend on the BB200 charts but adjusted estimates can be made for when past chart albums would have moved to the catalog chart under present day rules..

http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.p ... s&start=50

thanks to thebigham

10/10/09 chart:

Albums with over 70 weeks on the BB200:

153 Taylor Swift
                    82 MGMT
                    82 Alan Jackson
                    78 Theory of a Deadman
                    78 George Strait
                    76 Lady Antebellum
                    73 Toby Keith
                    72 Jason Mraz
                    72 Frank Sinatra

Comment

• How many Fearless Platinum albums will Taylor sell in the October 27/09 release week?

under 100k

100k-250k

250k-500k

500k-750k

750k-999k

over 1 million ''

http://twitter.com/taylorswift13 1,440,545 Followers

http://www.facebook.com/TaylorSwift 2,376,765 fans

http://www.myspace.com/taylorswift Taylor Swift has 1581635 friends

http://www.ilike.com/artist/Taylor+Swift Fans: 994,150

Comment

• I am impressed with all those photos.

Comment

• I'm not still big on Taylor but I am hoping she explodes into the 1 million copies on the re-release. I know it is probable but is it possible?
                          Oh I won't ask for much this Christmas, I won't even wish for snow

Comment

• Originally posted by FliplovesMC
                            I'm not still big on Taylor but I am hoping she explodes into the 1 million copies on the re-release. I know it is probable but is it possible?
                            She's taylor, she's everything.

Comment

• 300k to 1.2 million release week sales ''

That is my range from the Kanye type "keeping it real" number to a number which is realistic to Taylor fans ''

Taylor fans know that three years ago someone saying that a teenage girl could be voted into the "CMA Best Entertainer" category as a nominee by the 6,000 industry voters - would be considered delusional '' After all, CMA had gone years without any woman being voted in as a nominee by the dominant male voting group & teenagers couldn't even get signed to record deals [except for Taylor's BMR true believer who was starting up a new label].

Big Machine Records publicly stated target market for this re-release is the 2 million fans who bought Fearless in the 1st four weeks last year. I would say that group would be frantic to purchase on the 1st day or within the 1st week:

1st day forecast 500k

1st week forecast 1.2 million

Fearless Platinum photoshoot

Comment

• Taylor Nation

As she gears up for the Fearless Platinum re-release, Taylor has informed her 2.4 million fans on Facebook that she has hired a professional team to coordinate those exciting news updates through a new TaylorNation13 twitter account [no wonder she sends her love to Stephen Colbert - for that great "Colbert Nation" idea]

http://www.facebook.com/TaylorSwift#/TaylorSwift?v=wall

"Taylor Swift Taylor has some exciting news to announce this week ... to get the latest (and see a preview!!), follow the official Twitter of Taylor's web team: http://twitter.com/taylornation13 "

Taylor will also be rolling out a new website design soon at http://www.taylorswift.com/ and a new line of merchandise for all those 2 or 3 million trendy girls who will be buying Fearless Platinum.

Comment

• Taylor's buddy Haley Williams scores #1 this week ''

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi

CHART DATE: 10/05/2009
                                  LAST UPDATE: 10/06/2009 12:52:44
                                  NOW IN: FINAL

LW TW artist / album label power index % change
                                  -- 1 PARAMORE FUELED BY RAMEN 184,547 --
                                  BRAND NEW EYES
                                  -- 2 BARBRA STREISAND COLUMBIA 176,663 --
                                  LOVE IS THE ANSWER
                                  -- 3 MARIAH CAREY ISLAND/IDJMG 172,742 --
                                  MEMOIRS OF AN IMPERFECT ANGEL
                                  -- 4 BREAKING BENJAMIN HOLLYWOOD 136,036 --
                                  DEAR AGONY
                                  -- 5 ALICE IN CHAINS VIRGIN 128,473 --
                                  BLACK GIVES WAY TO BLUE
                                  2 6 JAY-Z ROC NATION 86,938 -33%
                                  BLUEPRINT 3
                                  -- 7 MADONNA WARNER BROS. 70,311 --
                                  CELEBRATION
                                  -- 8 MIRANDA LAMBERT COLUMBIA NASHVILLE 67,528 --
                                  REVOLUTION
                                  -- 9 SELENA GOMEZ & THE SCENE HOLLYWOOD 64,613 --
                                  KISS & TELL
                                  1 10 PEARL JAM MONKEYWRENCH 58,727 -69%
                                  BACKSPACER
                                  5 11 MILEY CYRUS HOLLYWOOD 54,700 -10%
                                  TIME OF OUR LIVES
                                  -- 12 A.F.I. INTERSCOPE 52,720 --
                                  CRASH LOVE
                                  4 13 WHITNEY HOUSTON ARISTA/RMG 52,622 -16%
                                  I LOOK TO YOU
                                  9 14 HARRY CONNICK, JR. COLUMBIA 42,633 +19%
                                  YOUR SONGS
                                  3 15 THREE DAYS GRACE JIVE/JLG 35,118 -58%
                                  LIFE STARTS NOW
                                  -- 16 LYNYRD SKYNYRD ROADRUNNER 34,655 --
                                  GOD & GUNS
                                  -- 17 DETHKLOCK WILLIAMS STREET RECORDS 34,626 --
                                  DETHALBUM II
                                  12 18 DRAKE CASH MONEY/UNIV MOTOWN 32,538 -6%
                                  SO FAR GONE
                                  8 19 MICHAEL JACKSON EPIC 31,989 -18%
                                  NUMBER ONES
                                  14 20 TAYLOR SWIFT BIG MACHINE 31,538 -7%

Comment

• Originally posted by chrguy66
                                    ...Taylor was in the 2009 Guinness Book of Records as First US female to write or co-write every track on a million-selling debut album."

Didn't mariah carey do this.....19 years ago? And I'm sure that Fiona Apple didn;t do too shabby with her tripple platinum debut, and she wrote or at least co-wrote all the songs as well, as well as a few other artists, I'm sure.
                                    The quote should have said US female country artist

Comment

• I think she's the greatest singer of 2009, no other artists rival her.

Comment

• Taylor Swift is in the driver's seat as she starts ramping up her Promotion campaign in support of the Oct 27th Fearless Platinum release. BMR will be focusing on their target country market with a 90 minute TV special and radio events beginning this Friday.

For the wider US/Canadian female audience, Taylor will be appearing and singing on Oprah in late October and singing on Dancing with the Stars October 27th.

BMR President Scott Borchetta has publicly stated a sales target of 2 million for the Fearless Platinum release - a high target considering that no US album has reached that sales record yet this year ''

It should be noted that voting by the 6,000 male dominated members of the Country Music Association is in progress for "CMA Entertainer of the Year" - an award not won by a female since Shania Twain in 1999. It is clear that Big Machine Records is pulling out all the stops to ensure that Taylor will be the youngest Country artist ever to win the big one.

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archi ... iftly-made

CMT Debuts 'Fifteen Swiftly-Made Videos'; Big Machine Offers 'Platinum' Radio Special

Taylor Swift

BIG MACHINE star TAYLOR SWIFT"s new video for "Fifteen" will premiere next weekend (10/9-10/11) as part of CMT's "Fifteen Swiftly-Made Videos" TV special. The 90-minute special will feature 15 of TAYLOR's music videos and live performances, including CMT's "Studio 330 Sessions" and "Crossroads." "Fifteen Swiftly-Made Videos" will debut FRIDAY (10/9) at 8a (ET) on CMT.

In addition, CMT, CMT PURE, CMT.com and CMT MOBILE will feature a 15-minute segment, "TAYLOR SWIFT - Fifteen," airing for two weeks, also beginning FRIDAY (10/9) at 1:30p (ET). The segment will include the "Fifteen" music video and exclusive interview footage from TAYLOR.

In other SWIFT news, BIG MACHINE is offering Country radio the opportunity to promote TAYLOR's new "Fearless - Platinum Edition" album, hitting stores on OCTOBER 27th. Stations can take part in giving away "win-it-before-you-can-buy-it" albums, posting website banners, airing a one-hour radio special hosted by TAYLOR and running pre-produced vignettes spotlighting the six new songs on the album..."

http://blogs.tennessean.com/tunein/2009 ... ic-awards/

Taylor Swift...nets Nashville Music Awards

"Top winner Taylor Swift who was named artist and songwriter-artist of the year and won country album of the year for Fearless is a massive star on an international level..."

Comment

• i always wondering how a nice girl like that can have that big business mind... everything about her just perfect.. maybe taylor doesnt have big voice as carrie but she's only need 1 no 1 hot 100 to "dethrone" carrie (and few grammys apprently )

Comment

• Originally posted by huynhicq
                                            i always wondering how a nice girl like that can have that big business mind... everything about her just perfect.. maybe taylor doesnt have big voice as carrie but she's only need 1 no 1 hot 100 to "dethrone" carrie (and few grammys apprently )
                                            Taylor says she really enjoys business meetings and tearing into contract language. Just your typical master wordsmith ''

Taylor has just added 30 US cities to the Fearless Tour starting in Tampa after her Australian tour in February

http://taylorswiftweb.net/

Comment

• 'Fearless' has sold 3,9 million copies in the US alone this week!
                                              With her still selling very well, the re-release coming up and maybe one or two more singles, I think this could eventually sell 5 million copies!
                                              Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

• i think her goal would be reaching "some hearts" level

Comment

• Originally posted by huynhicq
                                                  i think her goal would be reaching "some hearts" level
                                                  I agree, it's because she's taylor.

Comment

• "Some Hearts"
                                                    Released November 15, 2005 --- Fearless November 11, 2008
                                                    December 9, 2005 Gold + Platinum
                                                    January 6, 2006 2 Multi-Platinum
                                                    April 28, 2006 3 Multi-Platinum
                                                    November 6, 2006 4 Multi-Platinum --- Fearless October 2009
                                                    January 10, 2007 5 Multi-Platinum --- Fearless 6 Multi-Platinum ????
                                                    May 10, 2007 6 Multi-Platinum
                                                    February 6, 2008 7 Multi-Platinum

Comment

Working...
                                                    X