• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18,000 in attendance for Keith Urban's "All for the Hall" Benefit Concert

...Taylor Swift steals the Show...

http://lefsetz.com/wordpress/index.php/ ... -the-hall/

Lefsetz Letter

"...If you haven’t been to Nashville, you haven’t been to the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum. And you’re the worse for it...

...But the show was stolen by someone much younger. Someone still wet behind the ears, but wise beyond her years.

TAYLOR SWIFT

You take a deep breath and you walk through the doors
    It’s the morning of your very first day

Do you remember the first day of high school?

You thought for days what you were going to wear. You walked into the building minding your cool. This counted. You had to get it right, you didn’t want to ruin your reputation. Not for the next four years.

Taylor Swift walked on stage in a glittery silver dress and a guitar strung around her neck. The applause, the screams were DEAFENING!

Have you ever been at a show and been completely exhilarated, knowing that you were at the exact center of the universe, ground zero of the human experience?

That’s where we were Tuesday night, all 18,000 of us, when Taylor Swift performed.

Not reading from a script, intelligent and schooled, Taylor started riffing. After basking in the adulation she said what she loved about country music is that everybody got to tell their story. And this was hers.

It’s your freshman year and you’re gonna be here
    For the next four years in this town
    Hoping one of those senior boys will wink at you and say?
    ‘You know, I haven’t seen you around before’

Life. It’s full of hopes and dreams. And victories and losses. What gets you through is your friends and the music.

That’s the power of music. When done right. Too often it’s done wrong.

It’s done for corporations. For old men in suits. It’s streamlined for radio. Made inauthentic in order to sell not only itself, but associated products. To the point where when you hear something genuine, you exult EUREKA!

I could analyze the changes, the lyrics. Deconstruct the song. But that would be missing the point. It’s the total effect. Of a gawky, geeky girl who made it through. To womanhood...

...I’ve seen music become about looks more than sound, I’ve seen music become a sideshow, something that makes people rich, but leaves the audience starving, turning to television and the Internet for fulfillment.

And then I discovered Taylor Swift. Someone who knows it’s about songs, not stardom. Someone willing to keep ticket prices cheap so her young fans have a chance to see her. Someone who’s got the ethos of a star from way back when, as opposed to the sold out creeps who tramp about today.

Music when done right is life itself.

Listening to Taylor Swift Tuesday night, tears came streaming down my face. I couldn’t stop them. On one hand, I was embarrassed. On the other I was thrilled. Just when I’d given up, believing that everything I’d experienced previously had gone, here it was, back.

That rush of going to the show, feeling that there was no place I’d rather be..."
    Red took 5 weeks to hit 2m in US sales. Speak Now took 6. Fearless took 7. Taylor Swift took 61. 1989 hit 2m in 3 weeks...

Comment

• Taylor should get a major boost this week, she was so freakin' likeable at her Oprah interview. I predict Top 5 for Fearless.
      Oh I won't ask for much this Christmas, I won't even wish for snow

Comment

• Originally posted by FliplovesMC
        Taylor should get a major boost this week, she was so freakin' likeable at her Oprah interview. I predict Top 5 for Fearless.
        I was down at my local Wal-Mart today - there was only two Fearless albums left out of 50 they had on the shelves last month. TS-2006 was sold out but they likely only had one on the shelves.
        Red took 5 weeks to hit 2m in US sales. Speak Now took 6. Fearless took 7. Taylor Swift took 61. 1989 hit 2m in 3 weeks...

Comment

• Taylor Swift's single certifications have been updated by the RIAA. There's about 18 of them. The highlights:

Love Story 4xp
          Teardrops 2xp
          Our Song 2xp

Comment

• What is the difference between type DI and MT?

Type MT

LOVE STORY 10/12/2009 PLATINUM
            LOVE STORY 10/12/2009 GOLD

Type DI

LOVE STORY 10/12/2009 4.00x MULTI PLATINUM
            LOVE STORY 10/12/2009 3.00x MULTI PLATINUM
            LOVE STORY 10/12/2009 2.00x MULTI PLATINUM SINGLE
            LOVE STORY 10/12/2009 PLATINUM
            LOVE STORY 10/12/2009 GOLD

OUR SONG 10/12/2009 2.00x MULTI PLATINUM
            TEARDROPS ON MY GUITAR 10/12/2009 2.00x MULTI PLATINUM

TIM MCGRAW 10/12/2009 PLATINUM
            SHOULD'VE SAID NO 10/12/2009 PLATINUM
            PICTURE TO BURN 10/12/2009 PLATINUM
            WHITE HORSE 10/12/2009 PLATINUM
            WHITE HORSE 10/12/2009 GOLD

I'M ONLY ME WHEN I'M WITH YOU 10/12/2009 GOLD
            FEARLESS 10/12/2009 GOLD
            YOU'RE NOT SORRY 10/12/2009 GOLD

Waiting for next certifications:

You Belong to Me
            Fifteen

Comment

• its scary ha.. all of her singles are Pl

Comment

• Originally posted by CountryMan
                What is the difference between type DI and MT?
                DI is Digital while MT is MasterTones, which includes mainly Ringtones. MTs aren't counted on DIs and vice versa.
                25 June 2009, the day the Music died

Comment

• Originally posted by huynhicq
                  its scary ha.. all of her singles are Pl
                  You're right - the three "gold" certifications aren't for official single releases

I'M ONLY ME WHEN I'M WITH YOU 10/12/2009 GOLD
                  FEARLESS 10/12/2009 GOLD
                  YOU'RE NOT SORRY 10/12/2009 GOLD

Comment

• Originally posted by MJDangerous
                    Originally posted by CountryMan
                    What is the difference between type DI and MT?
                    DI is Digital while MT is MasterTones, which includes mainly Ringtones. MTs aren't counted on DIs and vice versa.
                    thanks - one million phones with Love Story ring tones - pretty scary

Comment

• Taylor Swift Holiday Collection EP release Oct 6/09

This EP is available at Target and appears to be the same as the 2007 release. Taylor Swift’s new holiday collection features 6 Christmas songs including Silent Night, Last Christmas and Christmases When You Were Mine. Track listing: 1. Last Christmas; 2. Christmases When You Were Mine; 3. Santa Baby; 4. Silent Night; 5. Christmas Must be Something More; 6. White Christmas

* Genre: Holiday
                      * Subgenre: Country-Pop
                      * Release Date: October 06, 2009
                      * Publisher: Universal Music Group
                      * Label: Big Machine
                      * Format: CD

Comment

• thanks for that and the single updates guys it's nice to watch her success fearless will come close to passing the 4 milllion soundscaned mark this week and her debut will tie Nickelbacks All The Right Reasons for the most weeks in the billboard 200 after the rules changed this week and could hit 4.4 million sold by the end of the calendar year
                        "the love of a mothers life is her child/children"

Comment

• Taylor roars back as Fearless moves to the Top 10 and the # 1 Country Album

- only one week before the Fearless Platinum release date '' '' ''

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi

CHART DATE: 10/19/2009
                          LAST UPDATE: 10/20/2009 12:50:29
                          NOW IN: FINAL

LW TW artist / album label power index % change
                          1 1 MICHAEL BUBLE REPRISE 187,575 +34%
                          CRAZY LOVE
                          -- 2 TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON CHOP SHOP/ATLANTIC 115,355 --
                          SOUNDTRACK
                          5 3 JAY-Z ROC NATION 55,131 -14%
                          BLUEPRINT 3
                          4 4 BARBRA STREISAND COLUMBIA 49,835 -26%
                          LOVE IS THE ANSWER
                          23 5 BLACK EYED PEAS INTERSCOPE 40,867 +63%
                          E.N.D. (ENERGY NEVER DIES)
                          8 6 MILEY CYRUS HOLLYWOOD 40,220 -14%
                          TIME OF OUR LIVES
                          21 7 MICHAEL JACKSON EPIC 38,526 +48%
                          NUMBER ONES
                          17 8 TAYLOR SWIFT BIG MACHINE 33,071 +7%
                          FEARLESS
                          -- 9 MARIO J RECORDS/RMG 31,519 --
                          D.N.A.
                          6 10 MARIAH CAREY ISLAND/IDJMG 30,610 -43%
                          MEMOIRS OF AN IMPERFECT ANGEL

Originally posted by thebigham
                          From Pulse:

BB200 - 31-10-2009

1 MICHAEL BUBLE' - CRAZY LOVE - 203,429 - 334,969
                          2 [NEW] SOUNDTRACK - NEW MOON - 115,308 - 115,309
                          3 JAY-Z - BLUEPRINT 3 - 54,883 - 1,116,475
                          4 BARBRA STREISAND - LOVE IS THE ANSWER - 49,128 - 304,735
                          5 MILEY CYRUS - TIME OF OUR LIVES EP - 39,732 - 611,940
                          6 THE BLACK EYED PEAS - E.N.D. (ENERGY NEVER DIES) - 39,633 - 1,234,584
                          7 TAYLOR SWIFT - FEARLESS - 32,867 - 3,997,830
                          8 THE FLAMING LIPS - EMBRYONIC - 31,778 - 32,105
                          9 MARIO - D.N.A. - 31,581 - 31,741
                          10 MARIAH CAREY - MEMOIRS OF AN IMPERFECT ANGEL - 30,985 - 254,322
                          11 KISS - SONIC BOOM - 29,739 - 137,873
                          12 TOBY KEITH - AMERICAN RIDE - 28,741 - 118,999
                          13 BREAKING BENJAMIN - DEAR AGONY - 26,569 - 203,001
                          14 ZAC BROWN BAND - THE FOUNDATION - 24,081 - 1,085,358
                          15 WHITNEY HOUSTON - I LOOK TO YOU - 23,846 - 731,291
                          16 PARAMORE - BRAND NEW EYES - 23,684 - 239,905
                          17 ALICE IN CHAINS - BLACK GIVES WAY TO BLUE - 23,023 - 185,775
                          18 KINGS OF LEON - ONLY BY THE NIGHT - 22,833 - 1,458,050
                          19 LADY GAGA - THE FAME - 21,825 - 1,538,464
                          20 OWL CITY - OCEAN EYES - 21,419 - 155,009

Comment

• Week Ending Oct. 18, 2009: Taylor Swift's Minor Miracle

Posted Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:16am PDT
                            by Paul Grein in Chart Watch

[img]http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/SIG=137bvabhs/**http%3A//a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/chart_watch__10/chart_watch-53615838-1256147378.jpg%3Fymz2NFCDf5NLElUY[/img]

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/chart_ ... r-miracle/

Taylor Swift is on the brink of accomplishing something that I was starting to think we might never see again: topping the 4 million mark in sales with back-to-back studio albums. As of this week, Fearless has sold 3,998,000 copies. Her 2006 debut album, Taylor Swift, has sold 4,364,000 copies. Swift will become the first artist to land back-to-back 4 million-selling studio albums since Rascal Flatts achieved the feat with 2004's Feels Like Today (sales as of this week: 5,149,000) and 2006's Me And My Gang (4,796,000). Album sales have dropped since the mid 2000s, which makes Swift's achievement all the more impressive. She gets bonus points for "degree of difficulty."

Fearless rebounds from #17 to #7 on The Billboard 200 this week, boosted by the singer's Oct. 14 appearance on Oprah. The album has placed in the top 10 for 40 of its 49 weeks on the chart. This is the longest run in the top 10 since Usher's Confessions logged 41 weeks in the top 10 in 2004-2005.

In addition, Fearless returns to #1 on the Country Albums chart. This is its 25th week on top, which surpasses Taylor Swift, which logged 24 weeks in the top spot. When you log 24 weeks at #1 with your debut album, the odds that you'll ever approach that tally again are slim. The odds that you'll top that tally with your very next album are virtually nil.

The key to the success of both albums has been across-the-board radio acceptance. Fearless has produced two giant hits. "Love Story" has sold 3,977,000 downloads, more than any other country crossover hit in digital history. The current "You Belong With Me" has sold 2,167,000. Taylor Swift also spawned a pair of giant crossover hits, "Our Song" and "Teardrops On My Guitar." These four songs alone have sold 10,826,000 downloads....

Here's the low-down on this week's top 10 albums.

...7. Taylor Swift, Fearless, 33,000. The former #1 album rebounds from #17 to #7 in its 49th week. This is its 40th week in the top 10. Three songs from the album are listed on Hot Digital Songs, topped by "You Belong With Me," which inches up from #21 to #20...."

Comment

• Taylor likes the top 10 ''

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

YOUR WEAKEND CHART PREVIEW: WMG will have the top four albums on next week’s album chart, led by the Twilight Saga: New Moon soundtrack in its first full week, while Universal Republic will be celebrating the ascension of Owl City to the big leagues. Otherwise, though, there will be little cause for celebration because, outside of the Top 4, this truly is a weakened preview. So what is it about the third week in October, anyway? Last year, for the week ending Oct. 26, Lil Wayne rounded out the Top 10 with only 25.4k. Shockingly, that total isn’t the lowest to ever make it into the Top 10. Just this year, in March, both T.I. and Jamie Foxx hit #10 with totals of 23.6k and 24.2k, respectively. Now that we’ve made your day, here’s a projection of what next Tuesday’s leader board will look like:
                              Twilight Saga: New Moon (Chop Shop/Atlantic) 140-150k
                              * Tim McGraw (Curb) 105-110k
                              Michael Buble (Reprise) 80-85k
                              Jay-Z (Roc Nation/Atlantic) 40-43k
                              Miley Cyrus (Hollywood) 35-37k
                              Black Eyed Peas (Interscope) 34-36k
                              Taylor Swift (Big Machine) 30-32k
                              Owl City (Universal Republic) 26-28k
                              * Joss Stone (Virgin) 25-27k
                              Barbra Streisand (Columbia) 23-25k
                              * Denotes debut
                              You may now return to debating whether global warming exists. (10/23a)

Comment

• Four New York area tour dates sell out in two minutes ''

Taylor Swift’s Tour Sells Out In Minutes — What’s New?!

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2009/10/23 ... z0Umtg1dKC

Not surprisingly, Taylor Swift’s Fearless 2010 Tour sold out in mere minutes.

The first tickets went on sale this morning and all tickets for the 15 shows were snatched up quick, including four shows in the New York area that all sold out in two minutes.

Taylor, who at 19 is the youngest artist in history to be nominated for the Country Music Association’s prestigious Entertainer of the Year Award, is taking her Fearless 2010 Tour on the road for 37 shows in the US and Canada, plus seven dates in Australia.

http://www.examiner.com/x-15710-Sacrame ... in-minutes

The sold out shows include arenas in Newark (2 shows), Uniondale, NY (2 shows), Philadelphia (2 shows), Houston (2 shows), Detroit (2 shows), Washington DC, Dallas, Kansas City, Austin, and Corpus Christi.

Comment

• Taylor adds additional tour dates in Sydney and Melbourne, Australia - lucky people ''

http://www.taylorswift.com/tourpage.html

Date City Venue Details
                                  November 23 London, UK Wembley Arena
                                  November 24 Manchester, UK Manchester Evening News Arena

February 4 Brisbane, Australia Brisbane Entertainment Centre
                                  February 6 Sydney, Australia Acer Arena
                                  February 7 Sydney, Australia Acer Arena
                                  February 8 Newcastle, Australia Newcastle Entertainment Centre
                                  February 10 Melbourne, Australia Rod Laver Arena
                                  February 11 Melbourne, Australia Rod Laver Arena
                                  February 12 Adelaide, Australia Adelaide Entertainment Centre

Comment

• thanks for that info can't wait to see what the Platinum edition does next week after this weeks sales the original edition will be over 4,000,000
                                    "the love of a mothers life is her child/children"

Comment

• Wow, she's huge in US, i love her.

Comment

• Billboard Comprehensive Albums Chart Update - October 31, 2009

And Speaking Of Christmas...: Taylor Swift's "The Taylor Swift Holiday Collection" EP returns to the Comprehensive chart this week, and is the first Christmas album to crack the Comprehensive chart in the 2009 season. In fact, October 31 is the earliest any Christmas Catalog album has managed to chart since the inception of the Comprehensive chart in 2009. Josh Groban's "Noel" did it on November 1 last year, but was on the Catalog chart for the first time the week before, October 25, 2008.

That marked the first time a Christmas album was on the Catalog chart in October since 2002, when a LaserLight compilation entitled "The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year" was somehow #33 on October 19 (now there's some trivial trivia for you!).

[Legend: This Week, Last Week, 2 Weeks Ago, Title, Artist [Weeks on BCA-Only, Total weeks on BCA, BCA-Only Peak (* - Peak while on BCA-Only)] (BB200 Info: Total weeks on, Peak, First year)]

17 9 19 Number Ones, Michael Jackson [91, 115, #1] (31, #13, 2003)
                                        48 54 38 The Beatles (White Album), The Beatles [14, 14, #7] (175, #1, 1967)
                                        52 30 40 Thriller (Thriller 25), Michael Jackson [43, 43, #2] (122, #1, 1982)
                                        54 67 50 The Essential Michael Jackson, Michael Jackson [19, 24, #2] (6, #96, 2005)
                                        57 46 27 Abbey Road, The Beatles [6, 6, #3] (129, #1, 1969)
                                        76 64 42 Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, The Beatles [6, 6, #5] (155, #1, 1968)
                                        93 83 58 Rubber Soul, The Beatles [6, 6, #8] (59, #1, 1965)
                                        94 99 72 Past Masters (Vols. 1 & 2), The Beatles [6, 6, #19] (N/A(*), 1988)
                                        95 81 116 Journey's Greatest Hits, Journey [197, 197, #23] (92, #10, 1988)
                                        103 154 192 It's Time, Michael Buble [105, 223, #42] (104, #7, 2005)
                                        104 85 61 Revolver, The Beatles [8, 8, #10] (77, #1, 1966)
                                        105 177 - Call Me Irresponsible, Michael Buble [16, 97, #97] (81, #1, 2007)

109 - - The Taylor Swift Holiday Collection (EP), Taylor Swift [3, 7, #78] (4, #46, 2007)

119 126 108 Bad, Michael Jackson [17, 17, #8] (87, #1, 1987)
                                        125 155 138 Jersey Boys, Original Broadway Cast [92, 119, #87] (39, #85, 2006)
                                        133 75 - Greatest Hits, Creed [71, 137, #75] (77, #15, 2004)
                                        146 110 81 Magical Mystery Tour, The Beatles [6, 6, #20] (91, #1, 1967)
                                        149 144 133 Legend: The Best Of Bob Marley & The Wailers, Bob Marley & The Wailers [243, 243, #41] (113, #54, 1984)
                                        153 153 124 Dangerous, Michael Jackson [17, 17, #9] (117, #1, 1991)
                                        156 166 152 Greatest Hits, Guns 'N Roses [153, 291, #39] (138, #3, 2004)
                                        158 - - Michael Buble, Michael Buble [135, 157, #51] (45, #47, 2003)
                                        159 119 85 Help!, The Beatles [6, 6, #16] (44, #1, 1965)
                                        161 121 84 Let It Be, The Beatles [6, 6, #18] (59, #1, 1970)
                                        162 111 83 A Hard Day's Night, The Beatles [6, 6, #24] (51, #1, 1964)
                                        164 168 157 Chronicle -- The 20 Greatest Hits, Creedence Clearwater Revival [167, 167, #14] (30, #100, 1976)
                                        172 186 174 Wicked, Original Broadway Cast [189, 217, #90] (35, #138, 2004)
                                        174 170 159 Because Of The Times, Kings Of Leon [24, 32, #90] (9, #25, 2007)
                                        181 181 162 Off The Wall, Michael Jackson [17, 17, #6] (169, #3, 1979)
                                        182 178 146 19, Adele [11, 72, #88] (61, #11, 2008)
                                        185 151 104 Please Please Me, The Beatles [6, 6, #28] (N/A(**), 1963)
                                        190 199 188 Dark Side Of The Moon, Pink Floyd [294, 294, #58] (741, #1, 1973)
                                        191 176 153 The Best Of The Jackson 5: 20th Century Masters -- The Millennium Collection, The Jackson 5 [16, 16, #23] (N/A, 1999)
                                        192 193 172 Gold -- Greatest Hits, ABBA [69, 69, #11] (104, #63, 1993)
                                        193 197 151 1, The Beatles [236, 236, #62] (104, #1, 2000)
                                        198 - 178 Greatest Hits: HIStory -- Volume 1, Michael Jackson [16, 16, #28] (25, #85, 2001)
                                        199 180 - The Very Best Of Kiss, Kiss [4, 4, #180] (6, #52, 2002)
                                        - 74 - The Ultimate Collection [Box Set], Michael Jackson [8, 9, #32] (1, #154, 2004)
                                        - 78 - 7 CD Album Mega Bundle, Michael Jackson (*4) [1, 1, #78] (N/A, Various)
                                        - 160 117 Beatles For Sale, The Beatles [5, 5, #34] (N/A(**), 1964)
                                        - 171 113 With The Beatles, The Beatles [5, 5, #31] (N/A(**), 1963)
                                        - - 91 I Can Only Imagine: Platinum Edition, Various Artists (*3) [9, 63, #15] (10, #49, 2004)
                                        - - 161 RIOT!, Paramore [42, 120, #67] (78, #15, 2007)
                                        - - 164 Yellow Submarine, The Beatles [4, 4, #45] (25, #2, 1969)
                                        - - 186 Greatest Hits, Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band [276, 276, #60] (114, #8, 1994)
                                        - - 196 Minutes To Midnight, Linkin Park [32, 125, #108] (93, #1, 2007)
                                        - - 199 Black Holes And Revelations, Muse [5, 25, #130] (30, #9, 2006)
                                        - - 200 All The Right Reasons, Nickelback [53, 209, #90] (156, #1, 2005)

Catalog Notes: Josh Groban places his Christmas opus along with Taylor Swift on this week's Catalog chart, but much lower. Expect big jumps as well as many more Christmas titles in the coming weeks.

Taylor Swift Holiday Collection moves up to # 5 on the Billboard Holiday chart

Originally posted by MJDangerous
                                        2m posted it on Pulse Music Board

Top Holiday Albums
                                        Issue Date: 2009-10-31

This Week Last Week Two Weeks Ago Weeks Title, Artist Peak
                                        on Imprint | Catalog No. | Distributing Label Position
                                        Chart
                                        1 21 2 Christmas In The Heart, Bob Dylan 1
                                        2 1 Christmas From The Heart, David Archuleta 2
                                        3 1 Gold And Green, Sugarland 3
                                        4 1 2 Glory In The Highest: Christmas Songs Of Worship, Chris Tomlin 1
                                        5 28 10 The Taylor Swift Holiday Collection (EP), Taylor Swift 5
                                        6 1 A Cherry Cherry Christmas, Neil Diamond 6
                                        7 1 Christmas: 25th Anniversary Collection, Mannheim Steamroller 7
                                        8 16 13 33 Noel, Josh Groban 1
                                        9 1 Ultimate Christmas Collection, Jackson 5 9
                                        10 5 2 12 And Winter Came..., Enya 1
                                        Originally posted by CountryMan
                                        Taylor Swift Holiday Collection EP release Oct 6/09

This EP is available at Target and appears to be the same as the 2007 release. Taylor Swift’s new holiday collection features 6 Christmas songs including Silent Night, Last Christmas and Christmases When You Were Mine. Track listing: 1. Last Christmas; 2. Christmases When You Were Mine; 3. Santa Baby; 4. Silent Night; 5. Christmas Must be Something More; 6. White Christmas

* Genre: Holiday
                                        * Subgenre: Country-Pop
                                        * Release Date: October 06, 2009
                                        * Publisher: Universal Music Group
                                        * Label: Big Machine
                                        * Format: CD

Comment

• Swift tops Australian country chart for 31st consecutive week
                                          Updated: 15:13, Monday October 26, 2009

http://www.skynews.com.au/showbiz/artic ... ?id=387007

Swift tops country chart for 31st week

American teenager Taylor Swift will spend her 31st week at the top of the country chart with Fearless.

The late Slim Dusty is back in the top 10 after slipping to number 12 last week with Sittin' On 80: 80 Aussie Truckin' Classics.

Australian country musician Adam Harvey has maintained his position at number 2 with Both Sides Now, an album of duets with artists such as Troy Cassar-Daley, Wendy Matthews, Kasey Chambers, David Campbell and Guy Sebastian.

Australian country chart

1(1) Fearless - Taylor Swift (BIG/UMA)

2(2) Both Sides Now - Adam Harvey (SME)

3(3) The Best Of Country Music Channel 2009 - Various (EMI)

4(6) The Essential Johnny Cash - Johnny Cash (COL/SME)

5(5) Award Winning Country Volume 8 - Various (SME)

6(7) Greatest Hits: 18 Kids - Keith Urban (CAP/EMI)

7(4) The Ray Hadley Country Music Collection - Various (SME)

8(8) Number 1's... And Then Some - Brooks and Dunn (ARI/SME)

9(10) Hell Of A Ride - Adam Brand (CB/SHK)

10(12) Sittin' On 80: 80 Aussie Truckin' Classics - Slim Dusty (EMI)

Comment

• Kenny Chesney puts the pressure on Taylor's bid for 2009 CMA Entertainer of the Year

- Taylor's concert ticket sales of 750k in 2009 and another 750k in ticket pre-sales for 2010 concerts through June 2010 pale against Kenny Chesney's seven straight years of tickets sales over 1 million - Kenny is # 1 in the music industry

- however, Kenny is taking next year off from the concert tour so Taylor may be the lead country artist contending for the 2010 CMA award.

http://blog.gactv.com/blog/2009/10/26/k ... tour-list/

Kenny Chesney Tops Tour List
                                            By Wendy Newcomer

Garth Brooks and Taylor Swift are making big news by quickly selling out their upcoming tours — but Kenny Chesney’s still at the top of the list for now.

USA Today reported on the strongest tours in the country and found that Kenny is No. 1 in all genres.

“You know,” says Kenny of the honor, “to me, it’s about rocking the fans… and I never want to have a ticket price that keeps the people who buy my records or listen to my songs in their truck from coming out and partying with us. If I can make sure there are always seats people can afford – and even try to keep the best seats where they’re reasonable for what they are – then I feel like I can keep having the party of the summer when I go out. Again, to me, it’s about that moment and having fun with your buddies.

“And when you look at some of the other names on that list, well, I’m blown away… cause those are some great shows, too! I know – I’ve been out to see a few of them when we were off, and to be in company with Elton John – who’s out with Billy Joel –, Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen or my friend Dave Matthews, it makes you extra grateful that people chose to make you a part of their summer.”

Billboard’s Touring Editor Ray Waddell noted that for seven straight years, Kenny’s sold above a million tickets sales. Even on his shortest tour to date and charging the lowest ticket prices of any major headliner, he was also the only act on the list to play NFL Stadiums across the nation.

“I don’t think anyone sets up their concert schedule or their ticket prices thinking, ‘I’m gonna be the biggest tour on the road,” Kenny says. “But these are the moments that confirm what I already know: I have the best, wildest, most committed fans any artist could ever hope for. I like to think I live their lives with’em through my songs, and they’ve made my last 8 summers the best of a very, very good life by coming out to the shows they way they do.”

Kenny won’t have a major tour next year, but you can catch the four-time and reigning Country Music Association Entertainer of the Year at isolated summer shows here and there. “It wouldn’t be summer for me without the fans,” he states. “It just wouldn’t.”

You can also see him on Nov. 11 at the 43rd Annual CMA Awards, performing with buddy Dave Matthews.

Comment

• Thanks for the Taylor updates! She's doing so well.

Comment

• Originally posted by SamMC
                                                Thanks for the Taylor updates! She's doing so well.
                                                Hopefully HDD will report good first day sales. The fan sites said only a few stores had the new album Monday & they quickly sold out. Most stores were waiting for today to release the FP album.

Comment

• US iTunes
                                                  14. Jump Then Fall - Taylor Swift
                                                  17. Untouchable - Taylor Swift
                                                  18. The Other Side of the Door - Taylor Swift
                                                  21. SuperStar - Taylor Swift
                                                  25. Come In With the Rain - Taylor Swift
                                                  29. You Belong With Me - Taylor Swift
                                                  30. Forever & Always (Piano Version) - Taylor Swift
                                                  64. Two Is Better Than One (feat. Taylor Swift) - Boys Like Girls
                                                  106. Love Story - Taylor Swift
                                                  116. Fifteen - Taylor Swift
                                                  236. White Horse - Taylor Swift
                                                  246. Our Song - Taylor Swift
                                                  293. Crazier - Taylor Swift

Comment

• US iTunes NOW:
                                                    13. Jump Then Fall - Taylor Swift
                                                    15. Untouchable - Taylor Swift
                                                    16. The Other Side of the Door - Taylor Swift
                                                    17. SuperStar - Taylor Swift
                                                    21. Come In With the Rain - Taylor Swift
                                                    30. You Belong With Me - Taylor Swift
                                                    27. Forever & Always (Piano Version) - Taylor Swift

Comment

Working...
                                                    X