No announcement yet.

Taylor Swift :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red took 5 weeks to hit 2m in US sales. Speak Now took 6. Fearless took 7. Taylor Swift took 61. 1989 hit 2m in 3 weeks...

Comment

• Originally posted by CountryMan
      Originally posted by kingofthesouth
      Thanks to Kanye, I have to hear shitty country music on the radio. Stupid taylor squinted eyes. She's sucks balls.
      moderator - we have a troll
      Don't worry about that! JimJim said that the account of this troll already was cancelled. Another moderator will clean that mess later!

Comment

• MEDIABASE 11/07/09

1. TAYLOR SWIFT - You Belong With Me = 107.667 (- 0.367)

TAYLOR SWIFT - Fifteen = 44.182 (+ 1.513)

juliobrasil@pulse

Comment

• thanks for the airplay info brazilian
          "the love of a mothers life is her child/children"

Comment

• Taylor Swift beat out every living artist — no matter the genre — in 2009 album sales

Taylor Made? All Eyes on Swift at CMA Awards
            Taylor made? Many wondering if Taylor Swift can beat out the guys at Country Music Awards

By CHRIS TALBOTT Associated Press Writer
            NASHVILLE, Tenn. November 9, 2009 (AP)

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wir ... id=9032685

Kenny Chesney has made the very hard work of dominating country music look easy.

And Taylor Swift is paying close attention.

The 19-year-old sensation has the record sales. She beat out every living artist — no matter the genre — this year with more than 3 million copies of her "Fearless" CD sold and counting (only Michael Jackson has sold more). The album remains No. 3 after 51 weeks on the charts.

And she's moving concert tickets as fast as they can print them.

That might be enough to sway the more than 5,000 members of the Country Music Association, who decide who gets the trophy for entertainer of the year, the CMA's highest honor, at the CMA Awards on Wednesday night (the broadcast will air live on ABC).

She's the youngest ever nominated for the award and the first solo female act since Faith Hill in 2000, and she's faced a lot of questions about whether either is a limiting factor.

"I think you have to do the work and put in the effort and do the touring that it takes to win entertainer of the year," she said in an interview with The Associated Press. "And I don't really think it has anything to do with gender. I think if you want to compete with the boys, play on a level that they're playing at."

And the guys in this category are playing at the highest.

Using a combination of unparalleled album and ticket sales, Chesney has dominated the CMA Awards' most prestigious category with three straight wins and four of the last five. A fifth win would move him past Garth Brooks for most in the 43 years of the awards. This is the eighth straight year he's sold more than a million concert tickets, and fans are drawn to his brand of Caribbean cool like no other.

Brad Paisley leads all nominees with seven and is entering his second year as co-host with Carrie Underwood. His album "American Saturday Night" debuted at No. 2 on the album charts when it was released earlier this year and he's had 11 straight No. 1 singles on the country charts.

Keith Urban's supercharged live show has made him one of country's most bankable stars and his album "Defying Gravity" hit No. 1 on the Billboard 200. He's the only artist to interrupt Chesney's recent domination in the category, winning in 2005.

And then there's George Strait, a two-time winner in the category and CMA's career leader in nominations (79, with Alan Jackson) and wins (22) whose "Twang" also debuted as the nation's No. 1 album. Paisley said he's put together the kind of career and rapport with his fans that's really only possible in country music, and that "always" makes him a contender.

"Look at George Strait," Paisley said. "It's just unbelievable. He first won entertainer of the year 20 years ago in 1989. Isn't that crazy?"

But 2009 might be Swift's year — and she could soon be in the company of icons like Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton and Reba McEntire, three of the six other female acts to win entertainer of the year.

But tell that to Swift, and she modestly dismisses the idea: "Don't fill my head with that."

"It's so wonderful when people come up to me and say that I have a shot at winning. It actually is really, really a wonderful thing when people do that," she said. "But my parents raised me to have the mindset that the world doesn't owe me anything and you can't feel entitled to winning, you can't feel entitled to success."

It's statements like those that have won Swift fans within the industry as well — not to mention a few votes.

"I will say I did vote for her," McEntire said. "The obvious is that she is a female and I do tend to support my female friends and artists in the business, but also because I think she is the one who's done the most this year — television, touring. She is an extraordinary person and I think she highly deserves it."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_b ... y-go-.html

Watch Wednesday as fast-rising cadet Taylor Swift is pitted against Nashville royalty such as Kenny Chesney and Brad Paisley for entertainer of the year.

...the Vulcan/country superstar will open Wednesday's show
            Red took 5 weeks to hit 2m in US sales. Speak Now took 6. Fearless took 7. Taylor Swift took 61. 1989 hit 2m in 3 weeks...

Comment

• Taylor Swift ties Beyonce for the most top 40 entries this decade with 18 tracks.

http://www.examiner.com/x-13907-DC-GLBT ... the-charts

Taylor Swift on the other hand has many things to be excited about:

1) Her album Fearless was a 4 million+ seller last week (selling over 4,107,000 copies) giving her a back-to-back achievement as Taylor Swift, the debut album, has sold 4,364,000 copies! She’s the first artist to do so since Rascal Flatts did this in 2004 and 2006.

2) She is the only female artist in history to have debuted six new songs in the top 40 in the same week (all new songs of the deluxe version of Fearless)

3) She tied Beyonce for the most top 40 entries this decade with 18 tracks.

4) Finally, she’s the only female artist to have nine songs in the top 40 at the same time.

Comment

• congrats to her and can't wait to see what she sells this week with fearless and the debut but particularly with fearless as this week is it's one year anniversary

Comment

• Taylor Swift continues at # 1 on Australian Country charts for 33rd consecutive week

http://www.skynews.com.au/showbiz/artic ... ?id=392028

Comment

• Does new Billboard rule mean that Taylor Swift [2006] will not be kicked off BB200 when it drops below # 100?

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi

BILLBOARD WILL COUNT CATALOG IN TOP 200, LIKE HITS HAS BEEN DOING ALL ALONG

Comment

• Ask Billboard: Swift's Latest 'Fearless' Feat

by Gary Trust | Novembro 06, 2009 5:27 EST

http://www.billboard.com/column/chartbe ... 0761.story

WHAT'S HER 20?

Hi Gary,

I was just wondering if Taylor Swift is the music artist with the most top 20 Billboard Hot 100 debuts in her career.

Here is what Billboard reported following the publication of the chart dated Nov. 29, 2008:

"T.I. began a fourth week at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart Thursday with "Live Your Life" featuring Rihanna, but the big story was Taylor Swift's six new entries, led by "White Horse" at No. 13.

That song is the 18-year-old country star's sixth top 20 debut of 2008, a calendar-year record for any artist in the 50-year history of the chart. She breaks the record of five, set this summer by the Jonas Brothers.

Swift is now tied for second place with Mariah Carey and the Beatles for the most top 20 debuts in a career. One more new entry inside this elite tier will put her in a three-way tie for first place with Janet Jackson and Madonna."

Thus, a year ago Swift was tied for second place, but now that she has two new top 20 debuts, thanks to her "Platinum Edition" release of "Fearless" - "Jump Then Fall" at No. 10 and "Untouchable" at No. 19 - does this, indeed, make her the artist with the most top 20 debuts in Hot 100 history?

Thanks,

Erika Li

Hi Erika,

In this week's online Hot 100 news story and Chart Beat, we focused on all five of Swift's debuts this week between Nos. 10 and 30, but thanks for noting another key angle.

Swift's two top 20 bows this week up her career total to eight. So, let's rank the artists with the most top 20 starts on the Hot 100 through this week, as Mariah Carey has also launched a title "("Obsessed") in the chart's top-fifth tier since last year:

8, Taylor Swift
                      7, Mariah Carey
                      7, Janet Jackson
                      7, Madonna
                      6, the Beatles

Therefore, with her two top 20 debuts this week, Taylor Swift takes sole ownership of a Hot 100 record by breaking out of a tie with the Beatles and passing the trio of Mariah Carey, Janet Jackson and Madonna.

And how was your week?

Comment

• Emmy in Taylor's future?

SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE, hosted by Taylor Swift, averaged a 5.0/13 in metered-market households, SNL's highest result in the metered markets so far this season.

SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE delivered the #1 rating of the night in the metered markets, topping all primetime telecasts on all the major networks. In fact, SNL outscored every Saturday primetime non-sports telecast on every major network over the past six months (since April 18).

http://www.rbr.com/tv-cable/tv-cable_ratings/18372.html

"If the powers-that-be were smart, they would re-record Taylor Swift's "Saturday Night Live" "Monologue Song," and push that puppy out onto iTunes."

http://www.hitfix.com/articles/2009-11- ... gue-on-snl

http://goldderby.latimes.com/awards_gol ... ts--2.html

• Ken Tucker thought teen singing sensation Taylor Swift "proved to be this season’s best 'Saturday Night Live' host so far.

Whether shrewdly letting her Kate Gosselin wig do most of the acting during a typically pungent parody of 'The View,' or gleefully screeching while wearing braces in a public-service commercial satirizing texting-while-driving, Swift was always up for the challenge, seemed to be having fun, and helped the rest of the cast nail the punchlines."

Could such strong reviews land Swift in the Emmy race for guest actress in a comedy series?

Another singer -- Justin Timberlake -- made Emmy history this year as the first "SNL" host to win when he took the prize for guest actor in a comedy series.

http://screencrave.com/2009-11-09/taylo ... firelight/

This past weekend something amazing hit the small screen and it came from Saturday Night Live. It’s been a long time since the show has produced a digital short that could make you cry from laughter, but they’ve managed to do so. Country singer Taylor Swift was recently the host and musical guest for the show and pulled off one of the best Twilight spoof’s known to man. It features Swift as Bella, and let’s just say upfront she does a better job in this two minute piece than Kristen Stewart does in the entire franchise.

http://www.americansongwriter.com/2009/ ... rocks-snl/

American Songwriter

Taylor Swift Rocks SNL
                        By Kevin Richards on November 9th, 2009

News flash: Taylor Swift is a natural comedianne. The 19-year old country artist hosted Saturday Night Live this weekend, and demonstrated some pretty impressive acting chops, able to hold her own with SNL regulars Kristen Wiig and Jason Sudeikis.

For her opening monologue, Swift debuted “The Monologue Song (La La La),” which took shots at Kanye West and ex-boyfriend Joe Jonas.

But it was in sketches where she played the girl with bad braces who’s trapped in a car with her parents, or the “scared straight” prisoner, where she really shined.

And did you know that she can also impersonate Shakira in full-on wolf mode?

Swift performed “You Belong With Me” and “Untouchable” on the show.

Comment

• MEDIABASE 11/9/9

1. TAYLOR SWIFT - You Belong With Me = 107.570 (+ 0.226)

TAYLOR SWIFT - Fifteen = 45.906 (+ 1.126)

Comment

• I still think she looked awkward sometimes on SNL.. she didnt know how to do with her hands but overal she had very good reviews

Comment

• The SNL episode is up on iTunes! Yay!

http://twitter.com/taylorswift13/status/5579080985

Comment

• Fact checking those pesky news stories - I see at least one error in this news story, but could the author be correct about sales of LeAnn Rimes 'How Do I Live?'

- does anyone know how many copies were sold of LeAnn Rimes 'How Do I Live?'

This story is saying ~ 3 million - is that correct?

http://www.aolradioblog.com/2009/11/09/ ... ift-songs/

1) 'Love Story'

A story of fairy tale romance, this Taylor Swift song became not only the most-downloaded country track in history, but the best-selling country song in the U.S. -- surpassing LeAnn Rimes 'How Do I Live?' by 1 million copies sold.

Comment

• thanks for the info countryman can't wait for the soundscan numbers to come out tomorrow as fearless will pass 4.2 million sales mark in it's first year on sale

Comment

• why you belong with me made a big jump on airplay?
                                    Find me on Last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by Marshall
                                      why you belong with me made a big jump on airplay?
                                      Adults like it...I hear it everywhere...in stores, in my gym...it has moved into mainstream culture

Taylor Swift on SNL

Comment

• "Two Is Better Than One" (feat. Taylor Swift) has just been released as Boys Like Girls second single and has been one of the most added songs at Pop radio three weeks in a row.

Taylor may seem like a typical nice girl next door, but those "boys" who want to date her should be warned that she is really quite competitive...

http://www.californiachronicle.com/arti ... /137566957

Boys Like Girls New Single 'Two Is Better Than One' Receives a Sweet Launch

The song has already cracked the top 30 on the pop radio chart and sales of the track jumped 44% last week at iTunes, surpassing the 20,000 threshold.

Comment

• In this week’s rankings, Saturday Night Live – hosted by Taylor Swift – moved up into the #1 slot for TV shows, not surprising given that clips from the show currently dominate the site’s “most popular” section.

http://mashable.com/2009/11/10/hulu-movers-and-shakers/

Comment

• "Swift notched a second consecutive BMI Song of the Year award at the event, making her the youngest person ever to achieve back-to-back wins of the honor. Teardrops on My Guitar earned the award in 2008."

Taylor Swift with BMI's President & CEO Del Bryant, BMI Icon Kris Kristoffeson, BMI Songwriter of the Year Bobby Pinson, and BMI's Jody Williams at the 57th Annual BMI Country Awards in Nashville, on Tuesday, November 10. Photo Credit: BMI

http://www.sawfnews.com/Fashion/61107.aspx

Broadcast Music, Inc. (BMI) is an American performing right organization that represents more than 400,000 songwriters, composers and music publishers in all genres of music and more than 6.5 million works. BMI reported $905 million for its 2009 fiscal year in performing right collections. BMI has represented the most popular and beloved music from around the world for 70 years. The U.S. corporation collects license fees from businesses that use music, which it then distributes as royalties to the musical creators and copyright owners it represents.

http://www.americansongwriter.com/2009/ ... ry-awards/

American Songwriter
                                            By Kevin Richards

"Taylor Swift’s sweeping “Love Story” was named Song of the Year.

The song, composed by Swift alone, was the first single from her sophomore album Fearless.

In addition to topping the Billboard country chart, “Love Story” topped the Billboard pop and AC charts and became the best-selling country song in the United States and the most-downloaded country single in U. S. history.

Published by Sony/ATV Tree and Taylor Swift Music, “Love Story” is Swift’s second consecutive BMI Song of the Year; “Teardrops on My Guitar” earned the prestigious honor in 2008."

http://www.facebook.com/notes/taylor-sw ... 7428607022

"Earlier this year Taylor received a BMI Pop Award for “Teardrops,” and was honored with the BMI President’s Award, given only on “unique occasions when an individual has distinctly and profoundly influenced the industry.”

Past recipients of the President’s Award include Merv Griffin, Brian Wilson, Emilio and Gloria Estefan, Willie Nelson, Harlan Howard, Pete Townsend, and Alabama.

Last month Taylor was honored for the second time as Artist/Writer of the Year by the Nashville Songwriters Association International."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_b ... -icon.html

Having interviewed Taylor several times since she put out her debut album in 2006, I'm certain the BMI award was especially meaningful for her, because every time we've spoken she's made it clear that of all the facets of her still-unfolding career in music, songwriting is the thing she prizes the most.

You could hear it in her comment upon being handed the award: "I just want to say thank you to every songwriter and every loved one of a songwriter, thank you, because you are the reason I wanted to try Nashville," she said. "You are all my heroes."

http://theenvelope.latimes.com/env-et-t ... 0866.story

"Swift was offered a deal when she was 14: not as a recording artist, but as a fledgling songwriter for Sony/ATV Music Publishing.

Other labels began to approach Swift, but most saw her only as a fresh-faced singer. Borchetta, on the other hand, liked the honesty in her songs of teen romance and heartbreak, and felt she had the potential both to connect with existing country music fans and possibly attract younger listeners who weren't necessarily committed country enthusiasts.

He made Swift an offer allowing her to record her own songs, and even to have a voice in how those recordings would be produced -- highly unusual for a 15-year-old with no track record. But Swift had impressed him with her dedication to her songwriting duties -- and her flawless fluency in the language of the new generation: the Internet and MySpace."

"Obviously, creative control is the most important thing for me," Swift told The Times last year, "or I wouldn't have left the biggest label in Nashville for a label that didn't have any furniture."

Comment

• Billboard 200 sales

Taylor Swift's "Fearless" marks its one-year anniversary on the chart as it drops three spots to No. 6 with 70,000 (down 36%)

http://www.billboard.com/news/carrie-un ... 1710.story

Comment

• Taylor Swift [2006] moves up to # 53 this week on BB200 with 11k in sales and still a 182k lead over Fearless in total sales

http://www.roughstock.com/blog/carrie-u ... -this-week

"Taylor Swift’s self-titled album continues to defy odds as it remains in the top half of the Nielsen SoundScan Hot 200 Albums chart.

The album has now sold nearly 4.4 million copies and it has spent the longest time on the chart this decade."

53 Taylor Swift Taylor Swift 11,569 4,393,038

6 Taylor Swift Fearless 69,929 4,210,855

Comment

• Originally posted by HDD
                                                  DIGITALIA: Four artists have already broken Rihanna's Digital Tracks sales record of 9.9 million tracks set in 2008, including Michael Jackson (11.3m), Lady Gaga (11.1m), Black Eyed Peas (10.3m) and Taylor Swift (10m), according to our good pals at Soundscan. Next week, the 2008 digital album sales total of 65 million will be broken, as well s the 1 billion track sales mark. (11/11p)
                                                  25 June 2009, the day the Music died

Comment

• Taylor is left competing with herself in total album sales on the "current albums" chart

Best Country album sellers on the BB200 over 1.0 million:

Originally posted by thebigham

11/14/09 chart:

SWIFT*TAYLOR TAYLOR SWIFT 4,381,469
                                                    SWIFT*TAYLOR FEARLESS 4,140,926

SUGARLAND LOVE ON THE INSIDE 1,863,483
                                                    HANNAH MONTANA MOVIE SOUNDTRACK 1,614,698

BROWN*ZAC BAND FOUNDATION 1,131,771
                                                    RASCAL FLATTS UNSTOPPABLE 1,016,821

Comment

Working...
                                                    X