X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nelson
    Taiwan 5-Music
    #2 (up from #19)
    Nelson - are these all from the new Fearless Platinum international release?
    Red took 5 weeks to hit 2m in US sales. Speak Now took 6. Fearless took 7. Taylor Swift took 61. 1989 hit 2m in 3 weeks...

Comment

• Swift's count of career top 40 hits on the Hot 100 now stands at 21

- Swift charted ten more top 40 titles on the Hot 100 since January 13 2007 than the runners-up among women, Rihanna and Carrie Underwood with 11 each

http://www.billboard.com/column/chartbe ... 8505.story

"The new album's duet with chart titan Taylor Swift is, unsurprisingly, its most-downloaded track. "Half of My Heart" opens at No. 25 on the Billboard Hot 100 and No. 12 on Digital Songs.

Swift's count of career top 40 hits on the Hot 100 now stands at 21, as her other current collaboration, "Two Is Better Than One," with Boys Like Girls, advances 48-40. Since her first week in the top 40 on the chart dated Jan. 13, 2007, Swift boasts almost twice as many as top 40 titles on the Hot 100 as the runners-up among women, Rihanna and Carrie Underwood, each with 11 such entries in that span."
      Red took 5 weeks to hit 2m in US sales. Speak Now took 6. Fearless took 7. Taylor Swift took 61. 1989 hit 2m in 3 weeks...

Comment

• Fearless will be back on the n°1 position on country album chart very soon IMO
        The yuppies networking, the panic, the vomit, the panic, the vomit, God loves his children, God loves his children...yeah.

Comment

• Seems like next week (or the following) "Fearless" will outsell "Taylor Swift"... they stand at 4.38 m and 4.42 m each

Comment

• Cute article, but John Mayer brought up Taylor Swift's sales power in recent interviews...so I suppose he should accept these stories without offense

http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl ... html?cat=2

John Mayer "Battle Studies" #1 with Taylor Swift Bump

But what about that Taylor Swift bump?

It is no secret that Taylor Swift is the music industry story of 2009 -- with the lone possible exception of the death of Michael Jackson. Her album "Fearless," which currently sits at #10, is the biggest selling album of 2009. She recently swept the Country Music Association Awards, including the coveted Entertainer of the Year award, then followed that up with a near sweep of the awards she was nominated for at the American Music Awards (five out of six, with Michael Jackson taking the sixth award -- Favorite Pop/Rock Album). To say that Taylor Swift is currently on fire is to master understatement.

So it should be no surprise that the one track that Taylor Swift appears on, "Half of My Heart," is the most downloaded track from the new John Mayer album. It debuted at #25 on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart and at #12 on the Digital Songs chart. It is also the highest debuting single in the Hot 100 for the week ending November 22.

Taylor Swift currently has two collaborative hits in the Billboard Hot 100. Besides "Half of My Heart," she is also charting with Boys Like Girls' "Two Is Better Than One," which sits at No. 40. She has her own singles at #15 ("You Belong With Me") and #26 ("Fifteen"). The 19-year-old country crossover artist has had 21 Hot 100 hits since January 2007.

She also is charting three albums: the aforementioned "Fearless," "Sounds of the Season" (#20) and "Taylor Swift" (#47).

http://www.examiner.com/x-29916-Davidso ... dies-album

"John Mayer is capitalizing on one of Music City's finest vocalists in his new "Battle Studies" album, debuting at #1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart. Who am I talking about? None other than Miss Taylor Swift."

Comment

• HDD weekend predictions show big numbers for # 1-5, and Taylor is looking to sell ~ 200k from her three albums this week

On the Country charts, Carrie's sales look to be holding up very well:

HDD Weekend Predictions November 27, 2009

1 Susan Boyle (Columbia) 625-675k
              2 Adam Lambert (19/RCA/ RMG) 210-230k
              3 Lady Gaga (Interscope) Fame Monster EP 190-210k
              4 Andrea Bocelli (Decca ) 180-200k
              5 Rihanna (Def Jam/IDJ) Rated R 180-200k

6 Lady Gaga (Interscope) Fame Monster Deluxe 130-150k
              7 Carrie Underwood (19/Arista Nashville) 100-120k
              8 John Mayer (Columbia) 90-110k

9 * Shakira (Columbia) 85-100k
              10 50 Cent (Shady/Aftermath/Interscope) 85-100k
              11 Twilight Saga: New Moon (Chop Shop/Atlantic) 85-100k
              12 Norah Jones (Blue Note/EMI) 85-100k
              13 Taylor Swift Fearless (Big Machine) 85-100k

14 Michael Jackson's This Is It (Epic) 75-90k
              15 Casting Crowns Peace on Earth (Provident/Reunion) 75-90k
              16 Taylor Swift Holiday Collection (Big Machine) 75-90k

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/new ... ws07853m01

Comment

• Originally posted by CountryMan
                Originally posted by nelson
                Taiwan 5-Music
                #2 (up from #19)
                Nelson - are these all from the new Fearless Platinum international release?
                Yes

Comment

• Taiwan G-Music
                  3 (2) 24wks

Comment

• Taiwan 5-Music
                    4 (2)

Comment

• Fearless back at # 1 Country album

Taylor's three top 40 albums at 213,459 total sales [8+19+39=4] falls just short of 3rd place Andrea Bocelli's sales numbers this week

- Gaga 2nd in total album sales this week [4+7=2]

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi

CHART DATE: 11/30/2009
                      LAST UPDATE: 12/01/2009 13:38:43
                      NOW IN: FINAL

LW TW artist / album label power index % change
                      -- 1 SUSAN BOYLE COLUMBIA 669,843 -- I DREAMED A DREAM

-- 4 LADY GAGA INTERSCOPE 181,279 -- FAME MONSTER (EP)
                      34 7 LADY GAGA INTERSCOPE 144,622 +398% FAME

2 2 ANDREA BOCELLI DECCA 215,002 +12% MY CHRISTMAS

11 8 TAYLOR SWIFT BIG MACHINE 122,848 +48% FEARLESS
                      20 19 TAYLOR SWIFT BIG MACHINE 62,148 +43% HOLIDAY COLLECTION
                      45 39 TAYLOR SWIFT BIG MACHINE 28,463 +79% TAYLOR SWIFT

-- 3 ADAM LAMBERT 19/RCA/RMG 195,974 --
                      FOR YOUR ENTERTAINMENT
                      -- 5 RIHANNA DEF JAM/IDJ 180,198 --
                      RATED R
                      29 6 MILEY CYRUS HOLLYWOOD 151,653 +391%
                      TIME OF OUR LIVES
                      9 9 CARRIE UNDERWOOD 19/ARISTA NASHVILLE 114,393 +34%
                      PLAY ON
                      8 10 MICHAEL JACKSON EPIC 106,050 +8%
                      THIS IS IT

Comment

• Taylor’s monthly total at 15x Platinum!

http://riaa.com/newsitem.php?id=FD806C3 ... A13B538575

RIAA
                        December 01, 2009
                        Divas Rise In Fall

Taylor, Beyonce, Sara, & Whitney Net October's Big Brass, While Michael Jackson's Thriller Ties Eagles Greatest Hits For Best Selling Album of All Time

WASHINGTON – It’s been quite a year for Big Machine Records country sensation Taylor Swift. On the heels of her recent grand prize win as the Country Music Association’s Entertainer of the Year, Swift received the most Gold & Platinum certifications of any artist in October, according to the Recording Industry Association of America's (RIAA) monthly G&P count.

Taylor’s song “Love Story” sold more than four million singles and one million ringtones, while her ballads “You Belong With Me,” “Teardrops On My Guitar,” and “Our Song” were each downloaded more than two million times. “Tim McGraw,” “White Horse,” “Should’ve Said No,” and “Picture To Burn” each scored one million downloads to tally Taylor’s monthly total at 15x Platinum! On top of that, Taylor took three Gold single certs for “Fearless,” “You’re Not Sorry,” and “I’m Only Me When I’m With You.”

Comment

• Hong Kong HMV

#21 (30)

Comment

• 12/12 Billboard 200:

-- 1 BOYLE*SUSAN I DREAMED A DREAM 700,779 999 632 701,411
                            2 2 BOCELLI*ANDREA MY CHRISTMAS 217,569 18 184,791 687,068
                            -- 3 LAMBERT*ADAM FOR YOUR ENTERTAINMENT 198,466 999 437 198,903
                            -- 4 RIHANNA RATED R 180,890 999 552 181,442
                            -- 5 LADY GAGA FAME MONSTER (8 TRK) 173,515 999 411 173,926
                            34 6 LADY GAGA FAME 151,393 429 28,600 1,809,786
                            29 7 CYRUS*MILEY TIME OF OUR LIVES EP 149,663 385 30,871 929,561
                            10 8 SWIFT*TAYLOR FEARLESS 124,601 +48% 84,010 4,510,382
                            9 9 UNDERWOOD*CARRIE PLAY ON 123,870 44 86,218 656,342
                            3 10 JONES*NORAH FALL 110,150 -39 180,425 290,673

Comment

• "Taylor Swift's Fearless has set a lot of records, but this may be the most impressive one of all. As of this week, it has sold more copies than Swift's smash 2006 debut album. Fearless has sold 4,510,000 copies. Taylor Swift has sold 4,454,000.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/chart_ ... ke-charge/

Week Ending Nov. 29, 2009: Women Take Charge
                              Posted Wed Dec 2, 2009 11:00am PST by Paul Grein in Chart Watch

Also this week, Fearless logs its 27th week at #1 on the country chart, which ties Carrie Underwood's 2005 blockbuster Some Hearts for the longest run at #1 in this decade by a female artist.

Here's the low-down on this week's top 10 albums.

8. Taylor Swift, Fearless, 125,000. The former #1 album rebounds from #10 to #8 in its 55th week. This is its 46th week in the top 10. Four songs from the album are listed on Hot Digital Songs, topped by "You Belong With Me," which dips to #29.

Comment

• Comcast deals with Taylor and NBC...

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/content_ ... 0913abe8ac

Taylor Swift Links With Comcast For VOD Deal
                                December 02, 2009 - Country | Digital and Mobile

By Georg Szalai

In another sign of its commitment to building content strength, Comcast unveiled an exclusive VOD partnership with country singer Taylor Swift Wednesday - a day ahead of a likely announcement of a deal that would give the cable giant a 51% stake in NBC Universal.

Comcast said the deal with Swift will give its customers the first and only dedicated VOD content collection for fans of the star, including music videos such as "You Belong With Me" and "Love Story," featuring behind-the-scenes clips and special programming, such as a recent "Saturday Night Live" episode that she hosted.

About Comcast Corporation

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site ... ewsLang=en

Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) (www.comcast.com) is one of the nation's leading providers of entertainment, information and communication products and services. With 23.8 million cable customers, 15.7 million high-speed Internet customers, and 7.4 million Comcast Digital Voice customers, Comcast is principally involved in the development, management and operation of cable systems and in the delivery of programming content.

Comcast's content networks and investments include E! Entertainment Television, Style Network, Golf Channel, VERSUS, G4, PBS KIDS Sprout, TV One, ten sports networks operated by Comcast Sports Group and Comcast Interactive Media, which develops and operates Comcast's Internet businesses, including Comcast.net (www.comcast.net). Comcast also has a majority ownership in Comcast-Spectacor, whose major holdings include the Philadelphia Flyers NHL hockey team, the Philadelphia 76ers NBA basketball team and two large multipurpose arenas in Philadelphia.

Comment

• oh my god, Fearless got nominations for Record, Album and Song of the Year, I cannot believe it.
                                  Oh I won't ask for much this Christmas, I won't even wish for snow

Comment

• Grammy nomination:

record of the year: you belong with me
                                    album of the year: fearless
                                    sing of the year: you belong with me
                                    Best Female Pop Vocal Performance : you belong with me
                                    Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals: breath with Colbie Caillat (love this)
                                    Best Female Country Vocal Performance: white horse
                                    Best Country Song : white horse
                                    Best Country Album: fearless

8 nomination 3 songs

where is love story?

Comment

• Originally posted by huynhicq
                                      Grammy nomination:

Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals: breath with Colbie Caillat (love this)
                                      Actually this is the only one I'm thinking she can lose but hey, she has achieved freakin' everything, she will most likely go 8 for 8. Who says you can't have it all? They should talk to Taylor.

Comment

• just saying i love that song. I love lucky too Hope Colbie Caillat will get one

Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals
                                        (For a collaborative performance, with vocals, by artists who do not normally perform together. Singles or Tracks only.)

* Sea Of Heartbreak
                                        Rosanne Cash & Bruce Springsteen
                                        [Manhattan]

* Love Sex Magic
                                        Ciara & Justin Timberlake
                                        Track from: Fantasy Ride
                                        [LaFace Records]

* Lucky
                                        Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat
                                        Track from: We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things.
                                        [Atlantic]

* Baby, It's Cold Outside
                                        Willie Nelson & Norah Jones
                                        Track from: American Classic
                                        [Blue Note]

* Breathe
                                        Taylor Swift & Colbie Caillat
                                        Track from: Fearless
                                        [Big Machine Records]

Comment

• this one is very hard

Best Female Pop Vocal Performance
                                          (For a solo vocal performance. Singles or Tracks only.)

* Hometown Glory
                                          Adele
                                          Track from: 19
                                          [XL/Columbia]

* Halo
                                          Beyoncé
                                          Track from: I Am... Sasha Fierce
                                          [Music World Music / Columbia]

* Hot N Cold
                                          Katy Perry
                                          [Capitol]

* Sober
                                          Pink
                                          Track from: Funhouse
                                          [LaFace Records]

* You Belong With Me
                                          Taylor Swift
                                          [Big Machine Records]

Comment

• This is definitely going to increase her sales. Not that she needs help selling. But hey, the Grammy's are pretty much free promotion.

Comment

• Anything against Beyonce will be hard since she is practically married to the voting academy and they shower her with awards for every album she puts out. Didn't she perform like 3 times in one night there?

Comment

• Originally posted by FliplovesMC
                                                Anything against Beyonce will be hard since she is practically married to the voting academy and they shower her with awards for every album she puts out. Didn't she perform like 3 times in one night there?
                                                Did she? You might be thinking of the Oscars. But maybe she did it with the Grammy's too...

Comment

• Best Female Country Vocal Performance
                                                  (For a solo vocal performance. Singles or Tracks only.)

* Dead Flowers
                                                  Miranda Lambert
                                                  [Columbia Records]

* I Just Call You Mine
                                                  Martina McBride
                                                  Track from: Shine
                                                  [RCA Records]

* White Horse
                                                  Taylor Swift
                                                  [Big Machine Records]

* Just A Dream
                                                  Carrie Underwood
                                                  Track from: Carnival Ride
                                                  [Arista Nashville]

* Solitary Thinkin'
                                                  Lee Ann Womack
                                                  Track from: Call Me Crazy
                                                  [MCA Nashville]

Best Country Song
                                                  (A Songwriter(s) Award. For Song Eligibility Guidelines see Category #3. (Artist names appear in parentheses.) Singles or Tracks only.)

* All I Ask For Anymore
                                                  Casey Beathard & Tim James, songwriters (Trace Adkins)
                                                  Track from: X (Ten)
                                                  [Capitol Records Nashville; Publishers: Sony/ATV Acuff Rose Music/Warner-Tamerlane Publishing, T-Bird's Music.]

* High Cost Of Living
                                                  Jamey Johnson & James Slater, songwriters (Jamey Johnson)
                                                  Track from: That Lonesome Song
                                                  [Mercury Records; Publishers: EMI Blackwood Music/Big Gassed Hitties, Hope-N-Cal Music/Pick Them Maters Music/Diversion Music.]

* I Run To You
                                                  Tom Douglas, Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley & Hillary Scott, songwriters (Lady Antebellum)
                                                  Track from: Lady Antebellum
                                                  [Capitol Records Nashville; Publishers: Warner-Tamerlane Publishing/DWHaywood Music/Radiobulletspublishing/Hillary Dawn Publishing/Shaw Enuff Songs/Sony/ATV Music Publishing/Tomdouglasmusic.]

* People Are Crazy
                                                  Bobby Braddock & Troy Jones, songwriters (Billy Currington)
                                                  Track from: Little Bit Of Everything
                                                  [Mercury Records; Publishers: Sony/ATV Music Publishing, Tiltawhirl Music/Crozier Music Enterprise.]

* White Horse
                                                  Liz Rose & Taylor Swift, songwriters (Taylor Swift)
                                                  [Big Machine Records; Publishers: Sony/ATV Tree Publishing, Taylor Swift Music/Sony/ATV Timber Publishing, Hillsboro Valley Songs.]

Best Country Album
                                                  (Vocal or Instrumental.)

* The Foundation
                                                  Zac Brown Band
                                                  [Home Grown/Big Picture/Atlantic]

* Twang
                                                  George Strait
                                                  [MCA Nashville]

* Fearless
                                                  Taylor Swift
                                                  [Big Machine Records]

* Defying Gravity
                                                  Keith Urban
                                                  [Capitol Records Nashville]

* Call Me Crazy
                                                  Lee Ann Womack
                                                  [MCA Nashville]

Comment

• Record Of The Year
                                                    (Award to the Artist and to the Producer(s), Recording Engineer(s) and/or Mixer(s), if other than the artist.)

* Halo
                                                    Beyoncé
                                                    Beyoncé Knowles & Ryan Tedder, producers; Jim Caruana, Mark "Spike" Stent & Ryan Tedder, engineers/mixers

* I Gotta Feeling
                                                    The Black Eyed Peas
                                                    David Guetta & Frederick Riesterer, producers; will.i.am, Dylan "3-D" Dresdow & Padraic "Padlock" Kerin, engineers/mixers
                                                    [Interscope]

* Use Somebody
                                                    Kings Of Leon
                                                    Jacquire King & Angelo Petraglia, producers; Jacquire King, engineer/mixer
                                                    [RCA Records]

* Poker Face
                                                    Lady Gaga
                                                    RedOne, producer; Robert Orton, RedOne & Dave Russell, engineers/mixers
                                                    Track from: The Fame
                                                    [Streamline/Interscope/Konlive/Cherrytree]

* You Belong With Me
                                                    Taylor Swift
                                                    Nathan Chapman & Taylor Swift, producers; Chad Carlson & Justin Niebank, engineers/mixers
                                                    [Big Machine Records]

Album Of The Year
                                                    (Award to the Artist(s) and to the Album Producer(s), Recording Engineer(s)/Mixer(s) & Mastering Engineer(s), if other than the artist.)

* I Am... Sasha Fierce
                                                    Beyoncé
                                                    Shondrae "Mr. Bangledesh" Crawford, Ian Dench, D-Town, Toby Gad, Sean "The Pen" Garrett, Amanda Ghost, Jim Jonsin, Beyoncé Knowles, Rico Love, Dave McCracken, Terius "The Dream" Nash, Radio Killa, Stargate, Christopher "Tricky" Stewart, Ryan Tedder & Wayne Wilkins, producers; Jim Caruana, Mikkel S. Eriksen, Toby Gad, Kuk Harrell, Jim Jonsin, Jaycen Joshua, Dave Pensado, Radio Killa, Mark "Spike" Stent, Ryan Tedder, Brian "B-LUV" Thomas, Marcos Tovar, Miles Walker & Wayne Wilkins, engineers/mixers; Tom Coyne, mastering engineer

* The E.N.D.
                                                    The Black Eyed Peas
                                                    Apl.de.ap, Jean Baptiste, Printz Board, DJ Replay, Funkagenda, David Guetta, Keith Harris, Mark Knight, Poet Name Life, Frederick Riesterer & will.i.am, producers; Dylan "3D" Dresdow, Padraic "Padlock" Kerin & will.i.am, engineers/mixers; Chris Bellman, mastering engineer
                                                    [Interscope Records]

* The Fame
                                                    Lady Gaga
                                                    Flo Rida, Colby O'Donis & Space Cowboy, featured artists; Brian & Josh, Rob Fusari, Martin Kierszenbaum, RedOne & Space Cowboy, producers; 4Mil, Robert Orton, RedOne, Dave Russell & Tony Ugval, engineers/mixers; Gene Grimaldi, mastering engineer
                                                    [Streamline/Interscope/Konlive/Cherrytree]

* Big Whiskey And The Groogrux King
                                                    Dave Matthews Band
                                                    Rob Cavallo, producer; Chris Lord-Alge & Doug McKean, engineers/mixers; Ted Jensen, mastering engineer
                                                    [RCA Records / Bama Rags Recordings, LLC.]

* Fearless
                                                    Taylor Swift
                                                    Colbie Caillat, featured artist; Nathan Chapman & Taylor Swift, producers; Chad Carlson, Nathan Chapman & Justin Niebank, engineers/mixers; Hank Williams, mastering engineer
                                                    [Big Machine Records]

Song Of The Year
                                                    (A Songwriter(s) Award. A song is eligible if it was first released or if it first achieved prominence during the Eligibility Year. (Artist names appear in parentheses.) Singles or Tracks only.)

* Poker Face
                                                    Lady Gaga & RedOne, songwriters (Lady Gaga)
                                                    Track from: The Fame
                                                    [Streamline/Interscope/Konlive/Cherrytree; Publishers: Stefani Germanotta p/k/a Lady Gaga, Sony/ATV Songs/House of Gaga Publishing/GloJoe Music, Sony/ATV Songs/RedOne Productions.]

* Pretty Wings
                                                    Hod David & Musze, songwriters (Maxwell)
                                                    Track from: Blacksummers' Night
                                                    [Columbia; Publishers: Sony/ATV Tunes/Muszewell, EMI April Music, Ben Ami Music.]

* Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)
                                                    Thaddis Harrell, Beyoncé Knowles, Terius Nash & Christopher Stewart, songwriters (Beyoncé)
                                                    [Music World Music / Columbia; Publishers: Songs of Peer/March 9th Publishing, 2082 Music/WB Music Publishing, Sony/ATV Tunes, Suga Wuga Music, B-Day Publishing/EMI April Music.]

* Use Somebody
                                                    Caleb Followill, Jared Followill, Matthew Followill & Nathan Followill, songwriters (Kings Of Leon)
                                                    [RCA Records; Publishers: Martha Street Music/Songs of Combustion Music/Music of Windswept, Followill Music/Songs of Combustion Music/Music of Windswept, McFearless Music/Bug Music, Coffee, Tea or Me Publishing/Bug Music.]

* You Belong With Me
                                                    Liz Rose & Taylor Swift, songwriters (Taylor Swift)
                                                    [Big Machine Records; Publishers: Sony/ATV Tree Publishing, Taylor Swift Music/Potting Shed Music, Barbara Orbison World Publishing.]

Comment

Working...
                                                    X