Taylor Swift :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by huynhicq
    If Taylor wins album of the year, she will be the youngest artist ever to win (how many times she's got this youngest ever?). Alanis Morissette is holding the record.

Fearless is on the track to "some hearts". I only thought 5mil was already a good result but now she will reach 5mil in few weeks, then the grammy, the movie, ACM(no doubt she will be Entertainer of the Year), people choice, teen choice etc.. she has the exact timing as "some hearts".. Taylor has beaten Carrie in so many ways, who would have thought about it few years ago

December 9, 2005 Gold
    Platinum
    January 6, 2006 2× Multi-Platinum
    April 28, 2006 3× Multi-Platinum
    November 6, 2006 4× Multi-Platinum
    January 10, 2007 5× Multi-Platinum
    May 10, 2007 6× Multi-Platinum
    February 6, 2008 7× Multi-Platinum

Don t forget she is against Beyoncé,Gaga and Dave Matthews Band(the only rock album) for the AOTY,BEP is only here to complete the 5 nominees imo lol... if it s the fans choice, there s no doubt she will win easily but it s the academy s choice so the suspense still here

I agree, Carrie is far behind her right now, even if Some hearts still ahead in terms of sales
    The yuppies networking, the panic, the vomit, the panic, the vomit, God loves his children, God loves his children...yeah.

Comment

• Japan 14

275 (re) - 521 - 37,786 - Fearless

Comment

• DECADE END CHARTS

ARTIST OF THE DECADE
        TAYLOR SWIFT 38

HOT 100 ARTISTS
        TAYLOR SWIFT 35

HOT 100 SONGS
        LOVE STORY 73

BILLBOARD 200 ALBUMS
        TAYLOR SWIFT 53
        FEARLESS 56

BILLBOARD 200 ARTISTS
        TAYLOR SWIFT 48

RADIO SONGS ARTISTS
        TAYLOR SWIFT 40

RADIO SONGS
        LOVE STORY 30
        YOU BELONG WITH ME 64

DIGITAL SONGS ARTIST
        TAYLOR SWIFT 2

DIGITAL SONGS
        LOVE SOTRY 6
        YOU BELONG WITH ME 54
        TEARDROPS ON MY GUITAR 98

RINGSTONES
        LOVE SOTRY 72

DIGITAL ALBUMS
        FEARLESS 3

DIGITAL ALBUMS ARTISTS
        TAYLOR SWIFT 3

POP SONGS
        YOU BELONG WITH ME 29

ADULT CONTEMPORANY
        LOVE STORY 37

COUNTRY SONGS
        OUR SONG 55

COUNTRY ALBUMS
        TAYLOR SWIFT 9
        FEARLESS 10

COUNTRY ARTIST
        TAYLOR SWIFT 12
        Avril Lavigne & Taylor Swift

Comment

• thanks for taylors placings in the decades end of billboard

though the RIAA haven't put fearless's 5x platinum cert in their database as yet
          "the love of a mothers life is her child/children"

Comment

• 2009 YEAR-END CHARTS

HOT 100 ARTISTS
            TAYLOR SWIFT 4

HOT 100 SONGS
            LOVE STORY 5
            YOU BELONG WITH ME 11
            WHITE HORSE 76

TOP ARTISTS
            TAYLOR SWIFT 1

THE BILLBOARD 200 ARTISTS
            TAYLOR SWIFT 1

THE BILLBOARD 200
            FEARLESS 1
            TAYLOR SWIFT 24

HOT RADIO SONGS
            LOVE STORY 1
            YOU BELONG WITH ME 2
            She owns the radio...

HOT DIGITAL SONGS ARTISTS
            TAYLOR SWIFT 4

HOT DIGITAL SONGS
            LOVE STORY 8
            YOU BELONG WITH ME 25
            WHITE HORSE 67

HOT RINGTONES ARTISTS
            TAYLOR SWIFT 15

HOT MASTER RINGTONES
            LOVE STORY 16
            YOU BELONG WITH ME 44

TOP DIGITAL ALBUM ARTISTS
            TAYLOR SWIFT 3

TOP DIGITAL ALBUMS
            FEARLESS 3

HOT POP SONGS ARTISTS
            TAYLOR SWIFT 5

HOT POP SONGS
            YOU BELONG WITH ME 5
            LOVE STORY 8

HOT ADULT CONTEMPORANY ARTISTS
            TAYLOR SWIFT 1

HOT ADULT CONTEMPORANY SONGS
            LOVE STORY 2
            YOU BELONG WITH ME 14

HOT ADULT POP SONGS ARTISTS
            TAYLOR SWIFT 7

HOT ADULT POP SONGS
            LOVE STORY 11
            YOU BELONG WITH ME 15

HOT COUNTRY SONGS ARTISTS
            TAYLOR SWIFT 5

HOT COUNTRY SONGS
            YOU BELONG WITH ME 13
            WHITE HORSE 27

TOP COUNTRY ALBUM ARTISTS
            TAYLOR SWIFT 1

TOP COUNTRY ALBUMS
            FEARLESS 1
            TAYLOR SWIFT 6
            2006 Album...

EUROPEAN HOT 100 SINGLES
            LOVE STORY 94

EUROPEAN TOP 100 ALBUMS
            FEARLESS 89

CANADIAN HOT 100 ARTISTS
            TAYLOR SWIFT 4

CANADIAN HOT 100
            LOVE STORY 8
            YOU BELONG WITH ME 14

TOP CANADIAN ALBUMS
            FEARLESS 2

she had no rivals this year.

Comment

• whats with the big increase in taylor swift sales of fearless this week? she sold 150,000 copies this week.
              boing boing baggies baggies

Comment

• the Holiday season shopping picking up and I'd guess the Grammy Nominations 0n December 2nd

Comment

• thanks for the updates avrilswift1 - I've been busy copying them for my relatives so they will understand why they are all receiving Fearless Platinum Edition this year under the tree

http://www.billboard.com/#/charts-year-end

The Artist of the Year rankings were tallied by combining album sales and Hot 100 song rankings.

http://www.billboard.com/#/charts-year- ... ?year=2009

I agree with Evan Taubenfeld - Merry Swiftmas - Santa doesn't need any more cookies, so leave him Fearless Platinum Edition!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGM6Xtx02M4

Evan Taubenfeld is best known for being Avril Lavigne's lead guitarist, but now he's trying out a solo career, he's penned this little Christmas jingle, all about how Taylor Swift is the only thing he wants from Santa this year.

http://newsroom.mtv.com/2009/12/08/tayl ... -swiftmas/

Artist SWIFT, TAYLOR
                  Title FEARLESS
                  Certification Date 12/04/2009
                  Label BIG MACHINE RECORDS, INC.
                  Award Description 5.00x MULTI PLATINUM
                  Format ALBUM
                  Category SOLO
                  Type ST

http://www.riaa.com/goldandplatinumdata ... ble=SEARCH
                  Red took 5 weeks to hit 2m in US sales. Speak Now took 6. Fearless took 7. Taylor Swift took 61. 1989 hit 2m in 3 weeks...

Comment

• She's just the BOMB this year!!Ruling the chart with her teenage-inspired songs. I love Taylor very much.

Can't it reach the Diamond cert?Who knows....
                    2009 YEC[#1]
                    2011 CHARTS

Comment

• Originally posted by aishawch
                      She's just the BOMB this year!!Ruling the chart with her teenage-inspired songs. I love Taylor very much.

Can't it reach the Diamond cert?Who knows....
                      If anyone can do it, it's her. She's the only one who's been selling consistently out of everyone.

Comment

• It reminds of Thriller again.
                        2009 YEC[#1]
                        2011 CHARTS

Comment

• Canada
                          Quadruple Platinum 320,000 Units
                          Taylor Swift "Fearless" Open Road Recordings / Universal Music

http://www.cria.ca/goldplat.php
                          Red took 5 weeks to hit 2m in US sales. Speak Now took 6. Fearless took 7. Taylor Swift took 61. 1989 hit 2m in 3 weeks...

Comment

• Originally posted by CountryMan
                            Canada
                            Quadruple Platinum 320,000 Units
                            Taylor Swift "Fearless" Open Road Recordings / Universal Music

http://www.cria.ca/goldplat.php
                            wow Canada loves her too

Comment

• Can Taylor or Beyonce make history by winning six Grammy Awards?

http://www.examiner.com/x-32688-Grammy- ... mmy-Awards

Will Taylor Swift make history at the 2010 Grammy Awards?
                              December 12, Grammy Awards Examiner Scott Shetler

Country superstar Taylor Swift scored eight nominations for the 2010 Grammy Awards, just behind Beyonce's ten. But based on the categories the two artists appear in and their level of competition, Taylor Swift just might end up as the big winner on Grammy night.

Not bad for someone who finally turns 20 tomorrow.

The all-time record for most Grammys won by a female in one night is five. Swift has a chance to make history by winning six, if Beyonce doesn't get there first.

Swift's best chances for victory are likely to come in the big three categories of Record, Song, and Album of the Year, where she's competing against hip hop and rock artists. As the only singer representing the pop and country genres, she's likely to receive most of the votes from those contingents within the voting academy. It would not be a surprise to see Swift sweep all three awards.

Ironically, the hardest Grammy Awards for Taylor Swift to win could be those in the country categories. The country awards at the Grammys often go to revered veterans like George Strait rather than newcomers. Remember that last year, before she crossed over to pop radio, Swift failed to earn a single nomination in the country field.

The prediction here is that Swift makes history by winning at least five awards. That would tie the all-time record for most Grammy Awards won by a female in one night. The record is currently shared by Lauryn Hill (1999), Alicia Keys (2002), Norah Jones (2003), Beyonce (2004), Amy Winehouse (2005), and Alison Krauss (2009).

Taylor Swift's 2010 Grammy nominations:
                              •Record of the Year (You Belong With Me)
                              •Album of the Year (Fearless)
                              •Song of the Year (You Belong With Me)
                              •Female Pop Vocal Performance (You Belong With Me)
                              •Best Pop Collaboration (Breathe, with Colbie Caillat)
                              •Female Country Vocal Performance (White Horse)
                              •Best Country Song (White Horse)
                              •Best Country Album (Fearless)

Comment

• Taylor turns 20 today...time to get ready for another album release!!!

Taylor's 3rd album is being finalized and the marketing plan will be developed early in the new year. Hit songs will be rolled out in about six months for the planned fall release, so it will be an exciting year for Taylor fans

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/fabulou ... idols.html

Happy Birthday, Taylor Swift, Not Just Another Pop Princess
                                December 13, 2009 By Maggie Moran

http://www.findingdulcinea.com/features ... swift.html

"Taylor Swift is not just another pop princess with a short shelf-life. As she turns 20, she looks back on a year that saw her headline a sold-out world tour, win Country Music Awards’ Entertainer of the Year and the American Music Awards’ Artist of the Year, be nominated for eight Grammy Awards, and amaze a television producer who has been booking show business legends for 33 years..."

Comment

• yeah and officially certified quintuple platinum in the US on December 4th 09 for 5,000,000 shipped her sales in canada are 6.4% of what she's sold in the US

Comment

• GREAT!!!

Taylor Swift - RIAA

Albums:
                                    Taylor Swift - 4x Platinum
                                    Fearless - 5x Platinum

Singles:
                                    Tim McGraw - Platinum
                                    Teardrops on my guitar - 2x Platinum
                                    Our Song - 2x Platinum
                                    Picture to burn - Platinum
                                    Should've say no - Platinum
                                    I'm only me when I'm with you - Gold
                                    Love Story - 4x Platinum
                                    White Horse - Platinum
                                    You Belong with me - 2x Platinum
                                    You are not sorry - Gold
                                    Fearless - Gold

Mastertones:
                                    Our Song - Gold
                                    Love Story - Platinum
                                    BEYONCE 120.000.000 Records Worldwide

Beyoncé is Billboard Female Artist of the Decade!

Comment

• Taiwan G-Music 10

6 (5)

Comment

• I think her first album will end up 5xPlatinum too.

Comment

• With album sales at ~ 200k/week and three weeks left in the year, can Taylor match her 2008 album sales of 4 million in 2009?

- 2009 Year-to-date US album sales 3.41 million

WEEK 49 BB200
                                          Rank - Sales - TITLE - Artist
                                          01 - 2,525,429 - FEARLESS - Taylor Swift
                                          39 - 640,506 - TAYLOR SWIFT - Taylor Swift

WEEK 49 CATALOG ALBUMS
                                          Rank - Est Sales - TITLE - Artist
                                          15 - 244,000 - THE HOLIDAY COLLECTION - Taylor Swift

Comment

• What a shock, OMG, Fearless is the Billboard album of the year, I didn't expect that.

Anyway, Taylor should help Obama figure out our country's healthcare plan because she has the midas touch right now.

I'm actually expecting her to win all 8 Grammys. I mean, c'mon, why not? I just hope she doesn't release a Greatest Hits album within the next 10 years so Fearless can have the chance to get to a Diamond Certification.
                                            Oh I won't ask for much this Christmas, I won't even wish for snow

Comment

• Originally posted by FliplovesMC
                                              I just hope she doesn't release a Greatest Hits album within the next 10 years so Fearless can have the chance to get to a Diamond Certification.
                                              lol

dont expect too much.. i just happy at least she will have her first grammy (s).. bye bye underwood, who are you again (kidding)

Comment

• Originally posted by FliplovesMC
                                                What a shock, OMG, Fearless is the Billboard album of the year, I didn't expect that.

Anyway, Taylor should help Obama figure out our country's healthcare plan because she has the midas touch right now.

I'm actually expecting her to win all 8 Grammys. I mean, c'mon, why not? I just hope she doesn't release a Greatest Hits album within the next 10 years so Fearless can have the chance to get to a Diamond Certification.
                                                Yes, it is entertaining to read the 2009 YTD album sales - US forum from February's cheering for Bruce Springsteen to the present support for SuBo - there is relatively little support in the UKMIX forum for Taylor Swift to win the album sales race. The posts start out with gleeful predictions for how fast their hero [Springsteen, U2, Miley, Green Day, Eminem, MJ, SuBo...] will surpass Fearless to shock and disbelief a few weeks later.

Taylor has already declined to comment on political matters...

Beyonce has the mathematical advantage for winning the most female Grammy Awards, but it is possible that both Beyonce and Taylor will beat the existing record of five Grammy wins

As you may have noticed already, TS-2006 and Fearless Platinum are both "greatest hits" albums.

Comment

• Originally posted by huynhicq
                                                  Originally posted by FliplovesMC
                                                  I just hope she doesn't release a Greatest Hits album within the next 10 years so Fearless can have the chance to get to a Diamond Certification.
                                                  lol

dont expect too much.. i just happy at least she will have her first grammy (s).. bye bye underwood, who are you again (kidding)
                                                  You shouldn't be dismissive of Carrie Underwood - she will be a great country star for years to come

Carrie and Taylor are friends, so it's clear to me that Taylor would have preferred that Carrie had won the CMA female vocalist award.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountryMan
                                                    You shouldn't be dismissive of Carrie Underwood - she will be a great country star for years to come
                                                    I hope she'll be successful
                                                    But wanna see as well how Taylor will evolve

Comment

Working...
                                                    X