• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by danbarj
    Originally posted by Vanacoring
    Originally posted by floria
    Detut at #3 or #4? :(
    The album may not will sell more than 700K. :(
    It's a bad news, but it's just the beginning of the era !
    Such pessimism! I hate it!!! It debuts in top tier of Digital and Hot 100 charts after 4 DAYS of digital release in which 300K were sold and it's looked at as failure. On top of this the fact that her strength is not in digital sales (though she does good over time in that area); her strength is in pushing album units and that, I'm sure, she will do!
    Mine, in spite of its lack of advance notice & late in the week release, outsold Love Story's release week. I don't think we can give buyers and radio stations this sort of surprise & then use the data to predict Taylor's future album sales...beyond predicting much more than the 592k that Fearless opened with...
    Red took 5 weeks to hit 2m in US sales. Speak Now took 6. Fearless took 7. Taylor Swift took 61. 1989 hit 2m in 3 weeks...

Comment

• why did they release "mine" early/late? i mean, if this one had full week, it could debut at #1 on billboard 100.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eugene
        why did they release "mine" early/late? i mean, if this one had full week, it could debut at #1 on billboard 100.
        a poor quality copy hit the internet August 4th, so BMR decided to release it early

http://www.billboard.com/column/chartbe ... 7713.story
        Red took 5 weeks to hit 2m in US sales. Speak Now took 6. Fearless took 7. Taylor Swift took 61. 1989 hit 2m in 3 weeks...

Comment

• Originally posted by CountryMan
          Originally posted by Eugene
          why did they release "mine" early/late? i mean, if this one had full week, it could debut at #1 on billboard 100.
          a poor quality copy hit the internet August 4th, so BMR decided to release it early

http://www.billboard.com/column/chartbe ... 7713.story
          That's what I figured... so they could beat a leak to the punch and they did. That's good. I don't get ukmixers sometimes and since WHEN did digital sales start giving REAL inferences to album sales? Most artists out here have high digital sales and terrible album sales (pop) or vice versa (RnB). She's one that has great longevity on both singles and album sales and high sales on BOTH ends.
          I was waiting for Bey to drop so she could show that T&A arent the only ones smashing album SALES!!!

Comment

• Debuts at #3 on the Hot 100

Comment

• Originally posted by rp662
              Debuts at #3 on the Hot 100
              Pleas top 5?

Comment

• TAYLOR SWIFT - Mine: 24.155 (+ 4.129)

4 million gain!

Comment

• Originally posted by argentino78
                  TAYLOR SWIFT - Mine: 24.155 (+ 4.129)

4 million gain!

On the airplay side, "Mine" starts at No. 53 on Radio Songs with 23.9 million listener impressions, according to Nielsen BDS, with roughly 60% of that audience coming from country radio airplay and the rest from top 40 and adult outlets. On the Country Songs tally

Comment

• Originally posted by floria
                    Maybe yes.
                    Ops single peaked only at #9, but the album sold more than 1,3 M in first week.
                    Yes, the more important for the first week of "Speak Now" is the 6 million copies sold by "Fearless" = 6 million fans !

Comment

Such pessimism! I hate it!!!
                      It's not pessimism, it's just a small disappointment. But it's true too this single is, for me, not her best...

Comment

• Originally posted by rp662
                        Debuts at #3 on the Hot 100
                        Awesome! That's not too bad. Hopefully it'll stay there next week and slowly make it's way to #1 when airplay peaks.
                        Akini's Top 100 Songs of 2021: [90-86]
                        Akini's Top 25 Albums of 2021: [Starting 12/22]
                        Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2021: [Starting 12/27]
                        Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Easy on Me [4 weeks]
                        AlbumClash 2.0: [ABBA vs. Doja Cat]

She would stand around after she had set the table and listen to the family give, in unison, thanks to the long-haired man whose gaze always turned upward – probably because he couldn’t bear to see the havoc wreaked in his name.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountryMan
                          Originally posted by thebigham
                          http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/content_display/charts/chart_alert/e3i4b7c0879c181d50b19f05d4b90c9c2f2

Arcade Fire And Taylor Swift Sweep In With New No. 1s
                          August 11, 2010

Editor: Keith Caulfield; Contributors: Alex Vitoulis; Editorial Director: Silvio Pietroluongo

The bow of "Mine" is the eighth-biggest debut sales week for a digital song and the fourth-best of the year. 2010's largest entry so far is Eminem's "Not Afraid" (379,000), followed by "Love the Way You Lie" (338,000) and Swift's own "Today Was a Fairytale" (325,000). "Mine" is the lead single from Swift's third studio album, "Speak Now," due Oct. 25.
                          modified from tada's post several months ago

TOP BIGGEST DIGITAL DEBUTS for SINGLES

1. Right Round (2/28/2009) Flo-Rida 636,303 digital copies

2. Boom Boom Pow (4/18/2009) The Black Eyed Peas 464,614 digital copies

3. Crack A Bottle (2/21/2009) Eminem feat. 50 Cent, Dr. Dre 418,147 digital copies

4. Not Afraid (05/22/2010) Eminem 379,000 digital copies

5. "Love the Way You Lie" (338,000)

6. Live Your Life (10/18/2008 ) T.I. feat. Rihanna 334,520 digital copies

7. Today Was A Fairytale (02/06/2010) Taylor Swift 325,002 digital copies

8. Mine (08/21/10) Taylor Swift 297,000 digital copies

9. California Gurlz (05/29/2010) Katy Perry feat. Snoop Dogg 294,000 digital copies

10. Womanizer (10/25/2008 ) Britney Spears 285,782 digital copies

11. Touch My Body (4/12/2008 ) Mariah Carey 285,544 digital copies

12. My Life Would Suck Without You (2/07/2009) Kelly Clarkson 279,605 digital copies

13. Umbrella (6/9/2007) Rihanna feat. Jay-Z 276,705 digital copies

14. Break Your Heart (03/13/2010;first full week) Taio Cruz feat. Ludacris 273,000 digital copies

15. We Are The World 25 (02/27/2010) Various Artists 267,000 digital copies

16. Take A Bow (5/24/2008 ) Rihanna 266,696 digital copies

17. Hips Don't Lie (6/17/2006) Shakira feat. Wyclef Jean 266,664 digital copies

18. Beautiful Girls (8/11/2007) Sean Kingston 260,368 digital copies

19. 3 (10/26/2009) Britney Spears 254,640 digital copies

20. SexyBack (9/9/2006) Justin Timberlake 249,303 digital copies

21. I Gotta Feeling (6/27/2009) The Black Eyed Peas 249,133 digital copies
                          This means that Taylor holds the Top 2 highest selling digital debuts for female artists.

She would stand around after she had set the table and listen to the family give, in unison, thanks to the long-haired man whose gaze always turned upward – probably because he couldn’t bear to see the havoc wreaked in his name.

Comment

• down to No.3 on iTunes, "Dynamite" takes No.1, that's the worst No.1 on that digital outlet for such a long time, crap!

Comment

• I joined this forum just to laugh at you guys counting your chickens before the hatch. 700k

Originally posted by tada
                              Down to No.3 on iTunes, "Dynamite" takes No.1, that's the worst No.1 on that digital outlet for such a long time, crap!
                              Dynamite is next weeks Number 1!
                              I hate Katy Perry

Comment

• Originally posted by tada
                                down to No.3 on iTunes, "Dynamite" takes No.1, that's the worst No.1 on that digital outlet for such a long time, crap!
                                Agreed! Hopefully when Mine's music video is released, it'll return to #1.

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan
                                  down to No.3 on iTunes, "Dynamite" takes No.1, that's the worst No.1 on that digital outlet for such a long time, crap!
                                  I like "Dynamite" but it doesn't deserve No. 1 anywhere. So, hopefully it'll fall or something so that it doesn't take No. 1 on the Hot Digital and, for sure, not on the Hot 100.
                                  I was waiting for Bey to drop so she could show that T&A arent the only ones smashing album SALES!!!

Comment

• Taylor #4

P.S. I'm new here

Comment

Originally posted by JSparksFan
                                      I like "Dynamite" but it doesn't deserve No. 1 anywhere. So, hopefully it'll fall or something so that it doesn't take No. 1 on the Hot Digital and, for sure, not on the Hot 100.
                                      it might take No.1 next on HDS but maybe rather LTWYL would return to top, "Mine" will rocket after vid-premiere and intensive promotion it will be undoubtedly given on TV and airplay

Comment

• Originally posted by racheli20
                                        Taylor #4

P.S. I'm new here

Comment

How can you say Dynamite doesn't deserve to be number 1? Have you heard the song? Its an awesome song!! Summer sounding awesomeness that I am enjoying from a winter seasoned country. Just because he isn't some GIANT music name doesn't mean he doesn't deserve a #1 single. Maybe some artist *cough cough* can learn and make their material sound different to their last two albums, this coming from a hardcore TS fan.
                                          I hate Katy Perry

Comment

• Originally posted by Chark
                                            Originally posted by danbarj
                                            How can you say Dynamite doesn't deserve to be number 1? Have you heard the song? Its an awesome song!! Summer sounding awesomeness that I am enjoying from a winter seasoned country. Just because he isn't some GIANT music name doesn't mean he doesn't deserve a #1 single. Maybe some artist *cough cough* can learn and make their material sound different to their last two albums, this coming from a hardcore TS fan.
                                            The first part of my comment was "I like Dynamite..." so how do you ask me if I've heard it? I hear it all day everyday on the radio. It's generic and Taio Cruz isn't gifted musically. It's generic dance music and I'm personally ready for it to die in America.

Comment

• Originally posted by racheli20
                                              Taylor #4

P.S. I'm new here
                                              Welcome to the site!

Comment

• Media Traffic

08. Taylor Swift - Mine - 215,000 (HOT SHOT DEBUT)

Comment

• So, what's the airplay for Mine looking like?

Comment

• mine is 8 on itunes usa

Comment

Working...
                                                    X