• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Formusic
    Like a G6 at n° 1 on iTunes
    Back to december at 2

Is The iTunes Top 100 songs a daily or a weekly chart ? I don t understand
    I thought it was a chart for sales within the previous 24 hours, because otherwise Mine could have never hit # 1 within 6 hours with that late in the week release.
    Red took 5 weeks to hit 2m in US sales. Speak Now took 6. Fearless took 7. Taylor Swift took 61. 1989 hit 2m in 3 weeks...

Comment

• don't fret, she will be No.1 for entire week...she was No.1 5/7 of week

Comment

• Originally posted by CountryMan
        Originally posted by Formusic
        Back to december at 2

I thought it was a chart for sales within the previous 24 hours, because otherwise Mine could have never hit # 1 within 6 hours with that late in the week release.
        ok Thanks
        The yuppies networking, the panic, the vomit, the panic, the vomit, God loves his children, God loves his children...yeah.

Comment

• Taylor Swift Plans National Television Appearances to Launch Speak Now
          October 14, 2010
          Four-time GRAMMY Award winner Taylor Swift’s highly-anticipated third studio album, Speak Now, arrives in stores on October 25th, and Taylor has planned a bi-coastal week with her fans to launch the Big Machine Records album.

On October 25th, a group of winners of contests held around the world will join Taylor for a private performance at the United Nations in New York City. The event will be streamed on many of MTV Networks' web properties, including CMT.com, MTV.com, VH1.com and websites across Europe, Asia, Australia and Latin America.

The following day, Tuesday, October 26th, Taylor will perform live for fans from Rockefeller Plaza on the “Today Show” as part of their fall concert series. Fans can apply for passes to the show at: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/30012397. That night, she will do an interview and performance on the “Late Show with David Letterman.” The “Today Show” airs on NBC from 7:00 – 11:00 a.m. (all time zones), and “Letterman” airs on CBS at 11:30 p.m. (ET/PT).

On Wednesday the 27th, Taylor’s day starts with “Live! With Regis & Kelly,” where she will do an interview and performance. “Live!” airs on ABC affiliates nationwide, check www.liveregisandkelly.com for listings by area. That afternoon, she will visit Scholastic’s New York headquarters, where she will take time out from her busy release week schedule for a special literacy event, “Read Now! with Taylor Swift,” as part of the company’s 90th Anniversary Literacy campaign. Later in the day, she will visit Madame Tussaud’s New York – the famed Times Square wax attraction -- for the unveiling of her original wax figure.

Taylor’s Speak Now release week culminates on Thursday the 28th in Los Angeles, where “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” will celebrate the release of Speak Now by once again devoting an entire hour-long show to throwing Taylor’s official album release party. The Speak Now Album Release Party will air on the Ellen DeGeneres Show on Monday, November 1st (syndicated, check local listings). This is only the second time in history the show has hosted an album launch, the first was for Taylor’s Fearless album in 2008.

Taylor will be back on Los Angeles on Tuesday, November 2nd, to perform on “Dancing With the Stars,” airing on ABC at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT).

Speak Now is already making huge inroads at both radio and retail. Individual digital paid song download sales are well over 1.3 million already, and the album’s lead single, “Mine,” is currently Top 10 at Country Radio, and at #12 on Billboard’s all-genre Hot 100 chart. The video is #1 at CMT, GAC and VH1, and Top 5 at MTV.

Speak Now is available for special pre-sale on the site www.SpeakNow13.com.
          Massive Promo!!!!

Comment

• amazing promotion! i guess entire music industry (apart from Kanye) wants Taylor to score 1M debut, it would be for the 3rd time in history for a female artist, i'm greedy = more promo to be announced

Comment

• It's a promo just incredible !
              But where is Oprah ? It's her who are the key of the million !

Comment

• Originally posted by Vanacoring
                It's a promo just incredible !
                I guess Ellen offered Taylor a one hour show and Oprah didn't
                Red took 5 weeks to hit 2m in US sales. Speak Now took 6. Fearless took 7. Taylor Swift took 61. 1989 hit 2m in 3 weeks...

Comment

• Taylor Swift's Top 10 Debuts

* 2008 - "Change" #10
                  * 2008 - "Fearless" #9
                  * 2009 - "Jump Then Fall" #10
                  * 2010 - "Today Was a Fairytale #2
                  * 2010 - "Mine" - #3
                  * 2010 - "Speak Now" - #8

Mariah Carey's Top 10 Debuts

* 1995 - "Fantasy" #1
                  * 1995 - "One Sweet Day" with Boyz II Men #1
                  * 1996 - "Always Be My Baby" #2
                  * 1997 - "Honey" #1
                  * 1998 - "My All" #2

http://top40.about.com/b/2010/10/15/tay ... debuts.htm

Comment

• How much has Fearless sold worldwide?

Comment

Taylor Swift's Top 10 Debuts

* 2008 - "Change" #10
                      * 2008 - "Fearless" #9
                      * 2009 - "Jump Then Fall" #10
                      * 2010 - "Today Was a Fairytale #2
                      * 2010 - "Mine" - #3
                      * 2010 - "Speak Now" - #8

Mariah Carey's Top 10 Debuts

* 1995 - "Fantasy" #1
                      * 1995 - "One Sweet Day" with Boyz II Men #1
                      * 1996 - "Always Be My Baby" #2
                      * 1997 - "Honey" #1
                      * 1998 - "My All" #2

http://top40.about.com/b/2010/10/15/tay ... debuts.htm
                      interesting, in fisrt half of 90s it was quite impossible to have a proper No.1 debut right the first week on Hot 100 and Hot Singles Sales becuase of store-shipment avaibility. In 1995 it succeeded. Nowadays it's about digital so it seems to be less challenging.

Btw, i wonder if all promo singles prior to album-release would score Top 10 debut
                      next week "Back To December" FOR SURE

Comment

Originally posted by Vanacoring
                        It's a promo just incredible !
                        I guess Ellen offered Taylor a one hour show and Oprah didn't
                        If Taylor wants an Oprah, it's the last time before the end of the show ! Please Oprah, give your last show at Taylor !

Comment

• Originally posted by Vanacoring
                          If Taylor wants an Oprah, it's the last time before the end of the show ! Please Oprah, give your last show at Taylor !
                          No, sorry but Oprah is not gonna give her last show to Taylor (plus isn´t that next year yet?). My bet is Barack Obama for all the meaning it would have. After this random off-topic, tada,I know about Britney selling over one million but who is the other one who achieved that?

Promo gigs for this album are insane. She´s gonna be everywhere but I think she won´t cross 1 million mark. I bet she´d be around 850 k-900 k. Anyways, it will be the best opening in years.
                          Beauty is beauty, whether is black or white

Comment

Back to december at 2

Its simultaneous value. Pop bars are at the rate that each song is selling to another. All the pop bars of all songs on iTunes on add up to 1 then each bar is a portion of that 1, understand?
                            I hate Katy Perry

Comment

• Originally posted by Beautyisbeauty
                              Originally posted by Vanacoring
                              No, sorry but Oprah is not gonna give her last show to Taylor (plus isn´t that next year yet?). My bet is Barack Obama for all the meaning it would have. After this random off-topic, tada,I know about Britney selling over one million but who is the other one who achieved that?

Promo gigs for this album are insane. She´s gonna be everywhere but I think she won´t cross 1 million mark. I bet she´d be around 850 k-900 k. Anyways, it will be the best opening in years.
                              it was norah jones- feels like home but ayumi hamasaki and utada hikaru both had debuts of over 3million in the same week...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chark
                                Originally posted by CountryMan
                                Back to december at 2

Its simultaneous value. Pop bars are at the rate that each song is selling to another. All the pop bars of all songs on iTunes on add up to 1 then each bar is a portion of that 1, understand?
                                There must be some time period over which sales are compared for their charts...whether it is ten minutes or ten hours. Too short a time would have the charts jumping all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Chark
                                  Originally posted by CountryMan
                                  Back to december at 2

There must be some time period over which sales are compared for their charts...whether it is ten minutes or ten hours. Too short a time would have the charts jumping all over the place.
                                  It could either be a certain time or a certain amount of sings downloaded.
                                  I hate Katy Perry

Comment

• New Taylor song titled 'Mean' was released on iTunes as promo single!

How long till this hits #1 on iTunes!

Comment

• a couple of hours
                                      i love the funny covers of her promotional singles, i wonder if any of them would afterwards serve as some future single

Comment

• a couple of hours
                                        i love the funny covers of her promotional singles, i wonder if any of them would afterwards serve as some future single (e.g. Carrie's all promos were then released commercialy as singles, BEP's MMH as well)

Comment

• MEAN is one of the cutest songs of 2010 ;) can't wait 4 speak now. it's gonna be her best album. ps - perfect cover!
                                          Find me on Last.fm

Comment

• How much singles for this era already ?

Comment

• #2 on US iTunes

Comment

• Again, why is "Mine" the lead single?

Comment

• Originally posted by huynhicq

Again, why is "Mine" the lead single?
                                                  Mine sounds like a compromise choice, but there is the "13" theory!

1 = Tim McGraw
                                                  3 = Love Story

1 = Mine
                                                  3 = [album 4]

Comment

• # 1 on iTunes...as expected

(via meetmeinnashville)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X