X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Taylor Swift

From the UK Album midweeks

Comment

• fantastic info, i never supposed it would be so successful in UK! hope it will be able to jump into the top3
      Find me on Last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by Marshall
        fantastic info, i never supposed it would be so successful in UK! hope it will be able to jump into the top3
        I dont think it'll go any higher Kings of Leona are #1 Joe Mcelldry the current x Factor Winner & The Wanted are 3 who have 5 different album covers out

But 4 is a grerat achievement For Taylor

Comment

• Originally posted by CasaMusic
          4 Taylor Swift

From the UK Album midweeks
          wow and the promo is limited and "Mine" has just begun, strong debut for a country US act

Comment

• and as for US debut, the projected sales CAN vary so much, Alicia's AIA in 2007 was projected with 500k and end up with 740k....and i bet it will happen to Taylor as well, depends on promotion that would bolster it and make buyers purchase it

Comment

• U.K.
              To Date Albums

Taylor Swift - Fearless 386,795

(source haven)
              Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll

Comment

• http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

SPEAK OUT: Early word from retail is that Taylor Swift’s Speak Now (Big Machine) is “huge” and “exploding,” with some initial projections downright stratospheric. We’ll refrain from posting these projections—for now, at least—so as not to jinx the record, but they’re stunning for this day and age.

On top of that, half of the iTunes Top 20 tracks are from the album. So how high can it go in week one? Won’t be long till we find out. (10/26a)
                Red took 5 weeks to hit 2m in US sales. Speak Now took 6. Fearless took 7. Taylor Swift took 61. 1989 hit 2m in 3 weeks...

Comment

• Originally posted by CountryMan
                  http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

SPEAK OUT: Early word from retail is that Taylor Swift’s Speak Now (Big Machine) is “huge” and “exploding,” with some initial projections downright stratospheric. We’ll refrain from posting these projections—for now, at least—so as not to jinx the record, but they’re stunning for this day and age.

On top of that, half of the iTunes Top 20 tracks are from the album. So how high can it go in week one? Won’t be long till we find out. (10/26a)
                  Fantastic, cant wait for these sales to come though.
                  An Album that captures a whirl on a drop of water, A face in the heart of a flame, and a soul set free on A Ray Of Light

Comment

• Originally posted by Chark
                    Originally posted by Beautyisbeauty
                    Originally posted by Formusic
                    I still wonder myself how Sade have debuted with 500k and Taylor Swift only 700 max based on this projection
                    Because Sade has a loyal but quiet fanbase who waits for her no matter how long. That´s why people underestimated acts like them and overestimated pop/country acts like Taylor. Being pimped out everywhere is not everything.

I still think this projection will be up. I think 900 k as a max but it would probably be around 800-850 k.
                    Sade is awesome. LEGEND where as Taylor..

Ah ok ! Beautyisbeauty

For Chark if you say that Sade is awesome or a legend , it s your opinion but not mine

The yuppies networking, the panic, the vomit, the panic, the vomit, God loves his children, God loves his children...yeah.

Comment

• with some initial projections in the 800-900k range—

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi
                      Red took 5 weeks to hit 2m in US sales. Speak Now took 6. Fearless took 7. Taylor Swift took 61. 1989 hit 2m in 3 weeks...

Comment

• SPEAK OUT: Early word from retail is that Taylor Swift’s Speak Now (Big Machine) is “huge” and “exploding,” with some initial projections in the 800-900k range—downright stunning for this day and age. On top of that, half of the iTunes Top 20 tracks are from the album. So how high can Speak Now go in week one? Won’t be long till we find out. (10/26a)

Congrats Taylor, beat that Eminem's record
                        I won't be surprised if she can pull 1 million

Comment

• Originally posted by Yoshie
                          #4 in UK midweeks behind KOL, Joe and The Wanted. Fearless peaked at #5 even with the success of Love Story behind it. Fantastic result! Hoping she'll stay consistent throughout the week.
                          Thanks thats awesome. Hopefully she can push pass the Wanted. Have you got a link for that. I think the reason Mine didn't do so well is because a lot of her fans decided to just wait a week for the album rather than bother buying the single. Speak now is number 6 on amazon but 3 of the top 16 are pre order and the deluxe version is also 27. I think a lot of Taylor Swift fans wont have bought it online because they want the album soon as possible and don't want to have to wait for postage. Also a lot of he fanbase (teens and pre-teens) don't shop online. I think she's doing well considering all the major releases this week in the UK (the wanted, Charlotte Church, Elton John, Joe McElderry and Kings of Leon are so popular here there bound to have a long time at number there previous album sold 2.5 million here)

Comment

• Biggest US first week sales for female artists (over 700k):
                            Britney Spears - Oops! I Did It Again 1,319,193
                            Norah Jones - Feels Like Home 1,020,000
                            Shania Twain - Up! 874,000
                            Britney Spears - Britney 746,000
                            Alicia Keys - As I Am 742,000
                            Mary J. Blige - The Breakthrough 729,000
                            Susan Boyle - I Dreamed a Dream 700,779

I think she's gonna beat Shania

Comment

• hope predictions still increasing! she's the last ona that can sell 1 million
                              Avril Lavigne & Taylor Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by avrilswift1
                                hope predictions still increasing! she's the last ona that can sell 1 million
                                yes, i believe in her, she deserves that! i want her to become 3rd female ever to cross 1M

Comment

• DEAD at her having nine songs in the iTunes top 20
                                  Glee could never

iTunes Top Country Songs:

Comment

• she wont even beat susan
                                    R.I.P Max You legend 27/7/05 - 06/01/11
                                    Subscribe to my Youtube Channel
                                    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZA...CQEuniU9HWKUng

Comment

• Quit trolling the thread.

WOW at those projections! If she could reach 800k that would be astounding, 900k and I'm speechless!

Comment

• Originally posted by Yoshie
                                        Quit trolling the thread.

WOW at those projections! If she could reach 800k that would be astounding, 900k and I'm speechless!
                                        and 1M copies and we all are dead seriously i'm proud of hers. next week is all about her, i also look forward to next weeks

Comment

• my prediction has been changed to 728k

Comment

• Anything above 800k is amazing!

Fearless opened with almost 600k so the increase of 200k is HUGE!

Comment

• Originally posted by tada
                                              Originally posted by Yoshie
                                              Quit trolling the thread.

and 1M copies and we all are dead seriously i'm proud of hers. next week is all about her, i also look forward to next weeks
                                              1M would be to die for and that would just blow the roof of many to be released in the following weeks.
                                              An Album that captures a whirl on a drop of water, A face in the heart of a flame, and a soul set free on A Ray Of Light

Comment

• Originally posted by leoapp
                                                Biggest US first week sales for female artists (over 700k):
                                                Britney Spears - Oops! I Did It Again 1,319,193
                                                Norah Jones - Feels Like Home 1,020,000
                                                Shania Twain - Up! 874,000
                                                Britney Spears - Britney 746,000
                                                Alicia Keys - As I Am 742,000
                                                Mary J. Blige - The Breakthrough 729,000
                                                Susan Boyle - I Dreamed a Dream 700,779

I think she's gonna beat Shania
                                                Britney was really huge at the beginning of this decade, wasn´t she? With 2 of her 6 albums in that list she was really a first-week power-seller.

Like I said 900 k is the max although it would be awesome if she could pass 1 million mark.
                                                Beauty is beauty, whether is black or white

Comment

• she wont even cross 1m ww so dont get yer hopes up

Comment

• Taylor Swift: Speak up.

Insiders are even giving it a shot at approaching the first-week numbers generated by Lil Wayne’s Tha Carter III album two years ago.

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/new ... 1blank.gif

SWIFT KICK FOR RECORD BUSINESS

Album Could Challenge Lil’ Wayne Debut with Total Between 800-900k

October 26, 2010

The Taylor Swift set-up—and it’s hard to get away from—has been a massive success.

Her new album, Speak Now, on Scott Borchetta’s Big Machine and the Lipmans’ Universal Republic labels, is exploding at retail in a way that has initial first-week sales estimates between 800-900k and could go higher.

Insiders are even giving it a shot at approaching the first-wek numbers generated by Lil Wayne’s Tha Carter III album two years ago.

And it couldn’t come at a better time for the record industry as it heads into the all-importhat fourth quarter.

Swift appears a lock to turn back the year’s previous first-week sales record, set by Eminem’s Shady/Aftermath/Interscope album, Recovery, in June, with 742k.

Thanks to the early Monday start, as well as robust digital sales at iTunes (where fans who bought singles were able to “complete the album”) and Amazon.com, along with brisk business at non-traditional retailers, the Swift album looks on track for a huuuuge week.

Speak Now appears headed for the largest digital sales week ever for a country artist, and will challenge both the leader, Coldplay’s Viva La Vida, and #2 Eminem’s Recovery, for the all-time, overall record.

Her TV blitz continues over the next few weeks. Yesterday, she performed at the United Nations, with the event streamed live on CMT and the MTV networks. She performed on NBC’s Today Show this morning and is slated for Letterman tonight, Live with Regis and Kelly tomorrow and ABC’s Dancing with the Stars Nov. 2. Ellen DeGeneres will host an album release party for Swift next Monday (Nov. 1). Her NBC prime-time special will air Thanksgiving night (11/25) at 8 p.m., featuring a documentary about the making of the album and the promotional events surrounding its streeting.

The previous largest female Country sales debut was Shania Twain’s Up, which moved 874k in its first week of release in Nov. 2002, while the largest Country debut of all time was Garth Brooks’ 1.085 million for his Double Live in Nov. ’98, until now, the only Country artist to debut with more than a million sold.

Could Taylor Swift be the second? Based on Monday sales, she could be, but we will have to see as the week progresses.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X