Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taylor Swift :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • These sales are HUGE!
    UKMIX Favourite Artists of the Last 20 Years: [#1 - A queen is crowned!]
    "Your Billboard Top Ten" Game: All-Time Top Scorers Countdown: [#3 revealed!]

    Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by CountryMan
      Taylor Swift: Speak up.

      Insiders are even giving it a shot at approaching the first-week numbers generated by Lil Wayne’s Tha Carter III album two years ago.

      http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/new ... 1blank.gif


      SWIFT KICK FOR RECORD BUSINESS

      Album Could Challenge Lil’ Wayne Debut with Total Between 800-900k

      October 26, 2010

      The Taylor Swift set-up—and it’s hard to get away from—has been a massive success.

      Her new album, Speak Now, on Scott Borchetta’s Big Machine and the Lipmans’ Universal Republic labels, is exploding at retail in a way that has initial first-week sales estimates between 800-900k and could go higher.

      Insiders are even giving it a shot at approaching the first-wek numbers generated by Lil Wayne’s Tha Carter III album two years ago.

      And it couldn’t come at a better time for the record industry as it heads into the all-importhat fourth quarter.

      Swift appears a lock to turn back the year’s previous first-week sales record, set by Eminem’s Shady/Aftermath/Interscope album, Recovery, in June, with 742k.

      Thanks to the early Monday start, as well as robust digital sales at iTunes (where fans who bought singles were able to “complete the album”) and Amazon.com, along with brisk business at non-traditional retailers, the Swift album looks on track for a huuuuge week.

      Speak Now appears headed for the largest digital sales week ever for a country artist, and will challenge both the leader, Coldplay’s Viva La Vida, and #2 Eminem’s Recovery, for the all-time, overall record.

      Her TV blitz continues over the next few weeks. Yesterday, she performed at the United Nations, with the event streamed live on CMT and the MTV networks. She performed on NBC’s Today Show this morning and is slated for Letterman tonight, Live with Regis and Kelly tomorrow and ABC’s Dancing with the Stars Nov. 2. Ellen DeGeneres will host an album release party for Swift next Monday (Nov. 1). Her NBC prime-time special will air Thanksgiving night (11/25) at 8 p.m., featuring a documentary about the making of the album and the promotional events surrounding its streeting.

      The previous largest female Country sales debut was Shania Twain’s Up, which moved 874k in its first week of release in Nov. 2002, while the largest Country debut of all time was Garth Brooks’ 1.085 million for his Double Live in Nov. ’98, until now, the only Country artist to debut with more than a million sold.

      Could Taylor Swift be the second? Based on Monday sales, she could be, but we will have to see as the week progresses.
      Megga sales this week, huge, massive.
      An Album that captures a whirl on a drop of water, A face in the heart of a flame, and a soul set free on A Ray Of Light

      Comment


      • I'm not a big fan but I cannot wait for these numbers to come out next week.
        Oh I won't ask for much this Christmas, I won't even wish for snow

        Comment


        • Taylor Swift's 'Speak Now' Set For Monster Sales

          October 26, 2010 - Retail by Keith Caulfield-- Billboard--

          Though we've yet to unveil whether Sugarland's "The Incredible Machine" or Kings of Leon's "Come Around Sundown" has won the battle for the No. 1 crown on this week's Billboard 200 chart, we're already looking at next week's chart, where Taylor Swift's "Speak Now," released yesterday (Oct. 25), is aiming for a monster debut.

          Industry prognosticators are suggesting the Big Machine set may arrive with as much as 800,000 to 900,000 copies sold by week's end on Oct. 31. And, there's even a chance it could approach 1 million.

          Her start could be more than 2010's current biggest week, when Eminem's "Recovery" arrived at No. 1 with 741,000 according to Nielsen SoundScan. If sales of "Speak Now" turn out to be especially rosy, it could be the industry's first album to sell 1 million copies in one week since Lil Wayne's "Tha Carter III" bowed with 1,006,000 in June of 2008.

          The potential sales of "Speak Now" must be music to the industry's ears, after many superstar album releases this year have failed to meet or exceed first-week expectations. A month ago, sources were projecting the "Speak Now" would start with 750,000.

          Taylor Swift's last album, "Fearless," started at No. 1 with 592,000 in November 2008 and has sold 6 million.

          http://www.billboard.com/features/upclo ... 4178.story
          Red took 5 weeks to hit 2m in US sales. Speak Now took 6. Fearless took 7. Taylor Swift took 61. 1989 hit 2m in 3 weeks...

          Comment


          • Originally posted by CountryMan
            Taylor Swift's 'Speak Now' Set For Monster Sales

            October 26, 2010 - Retail by Keith Caulfield-- Billboard--

            Though we've yet to unveil whether Sugarland's "The Incredible Machine" or Kings of Leon's "Come Around Sundown" has won the battle for the No. 1 crown on this week's Billboard 200 chart, we're already looking at next week's chart, where Taylor Swift's "Speak Now," released yesterday (Oct. 25), is aiming for a monster debut.

            Industry prognosticators are suggesting the Big Machine set may arrive with as much as 800,000 to 900,000 copies sold by week's end on Oct. 31. And, there's even a chance it could approach 1 million.

            Her start could be more than 2010's current biggest week, when Eminem's "Recovery" arrived at No. 1 with 741,000 according to Nielsen SoundScan. If sales of "Speak Now" turn out to be especially rosy, it could be the industry's first album to sell 1 million copies in one week since Lil Wayne's "Tha Carter III" bowed with 1,006,000 in June of 2008.

            The potential sales of "Speak Now" must be music to the industry's ears, after many superstar album releases this year have failed to meet or exceed first-week expectations. A month ago, sources were projecting the "Speak Now" would start with 750,000.

            Taylor Swift's last album, "Fearless," started at No. 1 with 592,000 in November 2008 and has sold 6 million.

            http://www.billboard.com/features/upclo ... 4178.story
            It just gets better, love it.
            An Album that captures a whirl on a drop of water, A face in the heart of a flame, and a soul set free on A Ray Of Light

            Comment


            • Originally posted by eminemno1
              she wont even cross 1m ww so dont get yer hopes up
              Wow, you're obsessed with her right now

              She can definitely sell +1m
              Can't wait for the charts to be updated next week

              Comment


              • Can Taylor Swift single-handedly save the music industry? It's totally possible. It's a foregone conclsusion that Swift's new album will eclpise Eminem's first week sales of 741k copies. Taylor's in the range of 800k to 900k. It's amazing that in a a market where albums can't make platinum in their whole lifespan, Taylor may have that in seven days.

                Comment


                • from Billboard:

                  Upon the release of Taylor Swift's third studio album, "Speak Now," Chart Beat looks at the numerous records that the star country singer/songwriter/producer has already set since her arrival just more than four years ago.

                  Swift first graced a Billboard tally when her debut single, "Tim McGraw," debuted at the anchor position (No. 60) on the Country Songs chart dated July 1, 2006.


                  HER 'SONG'S: Swift is the only female artist to collect five top 10s from a debut album in the 56-year history of Country Songs.

                  Here is a look at the Country Songs chart performance of the five singles from "Taylor Swift":

                  Peak Position, Title, Peak Year
                  No. 6, "Tim McGraw," 2007
                  No. 2, "Teardrops on My Guitar," 2007
                  No. 1 (six weeks), "Our Song," 2007-08
                  No. 3, "Picture to Burn," 2008
                  No. 1 (two weeks), "Should've Said No," 2007-08

                  With the six-week reign of "Our Song," Swift joined just four other women who have claimed such lengthy stays on top: Kitty Wells ("It Wasn't God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels," six weeks, 1952); Connie Smith ("Once a Day," eight, 1964); Faith Hill ("Breathe," six, 2000); and, Carrie Underwood ("Jesus, Take the Wheel," six, 2006).


                  MORE TO THE 'STORY': Swift followed the unprecedented success of her first album's singles on Country Songs with an additional five top 10s from her second studio set, "Fearless."

                  In the chart's archives, only two other acts have banked top 10s from each of their first two releases: Brooks & Dunn notched five top 10s each from "Brand New Man" and "Hard Workin' Man" (1991-94) and Dixie Chicks hatched five top 10s from their major label debut "Wide Open Spaces" and six from "Fly" (1998-2002).

                  Here is a look at how the five songs promoted to radio from "Fearless" fared on Country Songs:

                  Peak Position, Title, Peak Year
                  No. 1 (two weeks), "Love Story," 2008
                  No. 2, "White Horse," 2009
                  No. 1 (two weeks), "You Belong With Me," 2009
                  No. 7, "Fifteen," 2009
                  No. 10, "Fearless," 2010


                  UP WHERE SHE 'BELONG'S: After becoming the first country artist to win a Moonman at the MTV Video Music Awards last year (Johnny Cash's "Hurt" was honored for Jean-Yves Escoffier's cinematography in 2003), Swift likewise broke barriers on Billboard's Radio Songs survey.

                  On the Oct. 3, 2009, chart, "You Belong With Me" rose 2-1 to become the first country crossover No. 1 since the radio airplay list adopted Nielsen BDS-monitored data in 1990.

                  Previously among country singles, Shania Twain's "You're Still the One" (1998), Faith Hill's "Breathe" (2000) and Swift's own "Love Story" (March 2009) had each peaked as high as No. 2 on Radio Songs.

                  'FEARLESS' PEERLESS: With 11 weeks logged at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 album chart between November 2008 and March 2009, "Fearless" boasts the longest command for an album by a female artist in the 2000s.

                  In the Billboard 200's 54-year history, the set is one of just seven albums by women to rule for 11 weeks or more:

                  Weeks At No. 1, Artist, Title, Peak Year
                  20, Whitney Houston, "The Bodyguard" soundtrack, 1992
                  15, Carole King, "Tapestry," 1971
                  14, Whitney Houston, " Whitney Houston," 1986
                  13, Judy Garland, "Judy at Carnegie Hall," 1961
                  12, Alanis Morissette, "Jagged Little Pill," 1995
                  11, Taylor Swift, "Fearless," 2008
                  11, Mariah Carey, "Mariah Carey," 1991

                  SWIFT STARTS: When the title cut from "Speak Now" debuted at No. 8 on the Billboard Hot 100 two weeks ago, Swift rewrote the mark for most top 10 launches in the chart's 52-year ledger.

                  The song became Swift's sixth title to arrive in the Hot 100's top tier, eclipsing Mariah Carey's career sum, tallied between 1995 and 1998. Previously ahead of the release of "Speak Now," focus track "Mine" premiered at No. 3 in August.

                  Last week, Swift padded her lead with the No. 6 bow of "Back to December." The debut made Swift the first artist ever to begin in the Hot 100's top 10 in consecutive weeks.

                  Here is a recap of the acts with the most top 10 Hot 100 entrances:

                  7, Taylor Swift
                  5, Mariah Carey
                  4, the Beatles
                  4, Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana
                  4, Eminem
                  4, Janet Jackson
                  4, Kanye West

                  Swift is likely to add an eighth such strong start when the Hot 100 is refreshed Thursday (Oct. 28), as "Mean," the final preview track from "Speak Now," is expected to open in the top 10.

                  The following week, Swift will add more accolades to her already impressive Billboard chart history with the arrival of "Speak Now" on the Billboard 200 and Country Albums.
                  last.fm

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by phoenix98
                    from Billboard:

                    Last week, Swift padded her lead with the No. 6 bow of "Back to December." The debut made Swift the first artist ever to begin in the Hot 100's top 10 in consecutive weeks.

                    Here is a recap of the acts with the most top 10 Hot 100 entrances:

                    7, Taylor Swift
                    5, Mariah Carey
                    4, the Beatles
                    4, Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana
                    4, Eminem
                    4, Janet Jackson
                    4, Kanye West

                    Swift is likely to add an eighth such strong start when the Hot 100 is refreshed Thursday (Oct. 28), as "Mean," the final preview track from "Speak Now," is expected to open in the top 10.
                    Nobody else has ever done this before in consecutive weeks...but how many weeks in a row can Taylor put a song into the top 10? 3 with Mean this week?

                    4(?)...Sparks Fly doesn't quite seem strong enough to hit the top 10?

                    Originally posted by CountryMan


                    US iTunes posted about 4 AM eastern time today
                    Red took 5 weeks to hit 2m in US sales. Speak Now took 6. Fearless took 7. Taylor Swift took 61. 1989 hit 2m in 3 weeks...

                    Comment


                    • US Amazon.com is selling Speak Now MP3 Album for 3.99!

                      I already bought mine!

                      I'm getting my phisical copy this weekend. I'm packed with Uni work during week-days! :x

                      Comment


                      • Taylor-made debut looks for the million mark. The album immediately becomes a contender to topple [Eminem's] release for the year's best seller, which is now at 2.86m and counting.



                        http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi



                        SWIFT WANTS TO BE A FIRST-WEEK MILLIONAIRE


                        Speak Now Could Result in Sales of a Million PIeces

                        October 27, 2010

                        And a 20-year-old came to save them.

                        Country crossover star Taylor Swift won't be of drinking age until Dec. 13, but she's already celebrating, as Christmas comes early for the record industry.

                        The voice of a teen generation released her third album this week, Speak Now, on Scott Borchetta's Nashville-based Big Machine label along with Universal Republic, which has the industry partying like it's 1999, and we don't mean the sale price for a deluxe double album.

                        Between physical sales and a record-setting pace for digital downloads, the album forecast is between 900k and the magic million mark. The race to that milestone, the first album to do so since Lil Wayne's Tha Carter III in 2008, will provide a measure of suspense to next week's HITS sales chart, based on the response from those music retailers who haven't turned their storefronts into local Tea Party headquarters.

                        It would also be the largest first week for a Country artist since Shania Twain's Up sold 874k in Nov. 2002, and the first Country artist to go over a million since Garth Brooks' Double Live moved 1.085m in the good old days of Nov. 1998.

                        Swift's Speak Now is also approaching the year's top digital sales week, held by Eminem's Recovery, behind only Coldplay's Viva La Vida. The album immediately becomes a contender to topple the hip-hop-star's release for the year's best seller, which is now at 2.86m and counting.

                        The week's only other notable release is Warner Bros. deluxe Michael Buble album, Crazy Love (Hollywood the Deluxe EP), which is on target for between 20-25k in first-week sales.

                        The market was up 3% vs. last week, down 10% vs. same week last year and now down 13% year to date. You may now check your clothing for bed bugs. And oh, yeah, for everyone in California... Vote yes on Proposition 19 in favor of legal marijuana.
                        Red took 5 weeks to hit 2m in US sales. Speak Now took 6. Fearless took 7. Taylor Swift took 61. 1989 hit 2m in 3 weeks...

                        Comment


                        • i wonder how Kanye feels now gr8 job country girl! besides monstrous sales the album so fas has scored so well praised reviews

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by tada
                            i wonder how Kanye feels now gr8 job country girl! besides monstrous sales the album so fas has scored so well praised reviews

                            let's celebrate the best sale would be 1.006m thousand more than wayne
                            Find me on Last.fm

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by twinpat90
                              Can Taylor Swift single-handedly save the music industry? It's totally possible. It's a foregone conclsusion that Swift's new album will eclpise Eminem's first week sales of 741k copies. Taylor's in the range of 800k to 900k. It's amazing that in a a market where albums can't make platinum in their whole lifespan, Taylor may have that in seven days.
                              single handedly save the music industry
                              I hate Katy Perry

                              Comment


                              • Even I got a copy today. This will sell 1 million I have never bought a TS Cd so it will be BIG
                                Dont you forget, You're caught in my Spiderweb.

                                Comment


                                • I've been waiting all year to see what Taylor can sell this week, and it looks like she will not disappoint.
                                  UKMIX Favourite Artists of the Last 20 Years: [#1 - A queen is crowned!]
                                  "Your Billboard Top Ten" Game: All-Time Top Scorers Countdown: [#3 revealed!]

                                  Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by JSparksFan
                                    I've been waiting all year to see what Taylor can sell this week, and it looks like she will not disappoint.
                                    yes, but i reckon someone is gonna be totally devasted when she reaches sales under 1,000,000 copies crazy sales are comin'

                                    Comment


                                    • MEAN missed the Top10 on Hot100 (debuted at no.11) :( :(

                                      #11(-) Mean
                                      #13(14) Mine
                                      #30(6) Back To December
                                      Find me on Last.fm

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by Marshall
                                        MEAN missed the Top10 on Hot100 (debuted at no.11) :( :(
                                        aw, boo @ "Mean" just missing the Top 10 :( but still, another Top 20 isn't too shabby!

                                        "Mine" chart run = *3* - 8 - 14 - 9 - 7 - 10 - 12 - 11 - 12 - 14 - 14 - 13
                                        "Speak Now" chart run = *8* - 45 - 86
                                        "Back To December" chart run = *6* - 30
                                        "Mean" chart run = *11*

                                        BB200:

                                        65 SWIFT*TAYLOR FEARLESS 6,833 5 6,484 6,040,205
                                        90 SWIFT*TAYLOR TAYLOR SWIFT 4,746 9 4,343 4,830,433
                                        last.fm

                                        Comment


                                        • Nice! All four songs in the Top 20! Amazing.
                                          UKMIX Favourite Artists of the Last 20 Years: [#1 - A queen is crowned!]
                                          "Your Billboard Top Ten" Game: All-Time Top Scorers Countdown: [#3 revealed!]

                                          Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

                                          Comment


                                          • Country music extends its run of #1s to five of the last six weeks as Taylor Swift is poised to make history on next week's chart. At midweek, and barring an iTunes server meltdown or Target suddenly shutting its doors, Swift will score the largest first week ever for a female country artist, besting Shania Twain's Up debut of 874k in 2002. Can she beat Lil Wayne's 1.005m from 2008? She has that number clearly in her sights. And if she does, will it be by enough to unseat Garth Brooks' mark of 1.085m debut with Double Live in 1998? The last time a record debuted at close to or over a million (Lil Wayne in the week ending 6/15/08), the Top 15 totaled almost 2.1m. No such luck next week as it's shaping up to be a whopping 600k less. Here's how it all looks headed into the Halloween weekend.
                                            *Taylor Swift (Big Machine) 975k-1m
                                            Sugarland (Mercury Nashville) 85-90k
                                            Kings of Leon (RCA/RMG) 70-75k
                                            Lil Wayne (Cash Money/Universal Motown) 40-45k
                                            Eminem (Shady/Aftermath/Interscope) 35-40k
                                            Glee Cast Rocky Horror Glee Show (Columbia) 28-32k
                                            Elton John & Leon Russell (Decca) 28-32k
                                            Rod Stewart (J/RMG) 24-27k
                                            Darius Rucker (Capitol Nashville/EMI) 24-27k
                                            *Michael Buble Hollywood: The Deluxe EP (Reprise) 21-24k
                                            The Band Perry (Universal Republic Nashville) 18-21k
                                            Kenny Chesney (BNA/SME Nashville) 18-21k
                                            Zac Brown Band (Atlantic) 18-21k
                                            Shakira (Epic) 18-21k
                                            Trey Songz (Atlantic) 18-21k
                                            Mumford & Sons (Glassnote) 18-21k *Debuts (10/28p)

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by matugama
                                              Country music extends its run of #1s to five of the last six weeks as Taylor Swift is poised to make history on next week's chart. At midweek, and barring an iTunes server meltdown or Target suddenly shutting its doors, Swift will score the largest first week ever for a female country artist, besting Shania Twain's Up debut of 874k in 2002. Can she beat Lil Wayne's 1.005m from 2008? She has that number clearly in her sights. And if she does, will it be by enough to unseat Garth Brooks' mark of 1.085m debut with Double Live in 1998? The last time a record debuted at close to or over a million (Lil Wayne in the week ending 6/15/08), the Top 15 totaled almost 2.1m. No such luck next week as it's shaping up to be a whopping 600k less. Here's how it all looks headed into the Halloween weekend.
                                              *Taylor Swift (Big Machine) 975k-1m
                                              Sugarland (Mercury Nashville) 85-90k
                                              The difference is so big that it's ridiculous
                                              Had to point that out

                                              Comment


                                              • I can't believe she's about to sell over 1,000,000 in her launch week!!

                                                She's by far the biggest force in music for the last 2-3 years! I love Taylor!

                                                If she retains this momentum until Christmas and through 2011 (to a respectable level at east), she could easily surpass Fearless (which will have sold 6,500,000+ by 2011 in the US).

                                                If everything goes right, her certifications will look like this by 2012:

                                                Debut: 5x Platinum
                                                Fearless: 7x Platinum
                                                Speak Now: 7x Platinum

                                                Madonna Addict

                                                Comment


                                                • ^ Loves Madonna + Loves Taylor = Awesomeness lol

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by phoenix98

                                                    BB200:

                                                    65 SWIFT*TAYLOR FEARLESS 6,833 5 6,484 6,040,205
                                                    90 SWIFT*TAYLOR TAYLOR SWIFT 4,746 9 4,343 4,830,433
                                                    SWIFT*TAYLOR THE HOLIDAY COLLECTION 1,090 155 428 570,447

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X