Taylor Swift :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FliplovesMC
    I'm totally ecstatic for Taylor but the rest of those album sales are sad.

Did Taylor beat Garth (eh) Brooks?
    We need the Billboard chart for that - Speak Now is short by 40k so it's a bit of a long shot. If Taylor beats Norah Jones for 2nd best female debut, that would be significant.

09 1998 1,085,373 1 Garth Brooks - Double Live

10 2000 1,054,511 1 Limp Bizkit - Chocolate Starfish

11 2004 1,022,149 1 Norah Jones - Feels Like Home

12. 2008 1,005,545 1 LIL WAYNE - CARTER III
    Red took 5 weeks to hit 2m in US sales. Speak Now took 6. Fearless took 7. Taylor Swift took 61. 1989 hit 2m in 3 weeks...

Comment

• Don't worry so she has a goal for the next one

Comment

• Originally posted by sniper
        Officially my new favourite number. Congrats to Taylor on this momentous occasion. The only sad thing (for the music industry, that is) that this may be the last time this feat is accomplished.
        Akini's Top 100 Albums of All-Time: [#1]
        Akini's Top 100 Songs of 2022: [#1]
        Akini's Top 25 Albums of 2022: [#1]
        Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2022: [#1]
        Akini's Favourite Music Videos: [#1]
        Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Anti-Hero [6 weeks]
        AlbumClash 2.0: [SZA vs. Bruce Springsteen]

"These gays, they're trying to murder me."

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan

Officially my new favourite number. Congrats to Taylor on this momentous occasion. The only sad thing (for the music industry, that is) that this may be the last time this feat is accomplished.
          Until she releases a new album!

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan
            Originally posted by sniper
            How can you say that? how do you know that there won't be a digital album revolution where people all buy digital albums like its the late 90's. It could happen just saying
            Dont you forget, You're caught in my Spiderweb.

Comment

• the official SoundScan numbers are out ;)

Taylor Swift Sells Over 1 Million in Record Billboard 200 Debut

Taylor Swift's "Speak Now" album spoke loud and clear last week, as it will debut at No. 1 on this week's Billboard 200 chart with a whopping 1,047,000 copies sold, according to Nielsen SoundScan. It's the largest sales week for an album since 50 Cent's "The Massacre" bowed at No. 1 with 1,141,000 in March of 2005.

Since SoundScan began tracking music sales in 1991, there have only been 16 instances where an album sold at least a million copies in a week. The last time we had a million-plus frame was when Lil Wayne's "Tha Carter III" launched at No. 1 with 1,006,000 in June of 2008. The SoundScan-era record week is still held by NSYNC's "No Strings Attached," when it debuted at No. 1 with 2,416,000 in 2000.

Nielsen SoundScan, which fuels Billboard's music sales charts, tracks point-of-purchase sales of recorded music product, aggregating data from more than 20,000 retailers in the U.S. (including digital download services like iTunes and Amazon MP3), which represents more than 95% of retail music product sales in the U.S.

A day after its Oct. 25 release, industry pundits were projecting that "Speak Now" would sell between 800,000 and 900,000 by the end of SoundScan's tracking week on Sunday, Oct. 31. Those predictions got even sunnier over the weekend, and by yesterday (1), it seemed a sure bet that the 1 million mark would be met.

"Speak Now" marks Swift's second Billboard 200 No. 1 after her last set, "Fearless" started with 592,000 in November of 2008. It spent 11 non-consecutive weeks at the summit.

A few more Swift milestones to note: "Speak Now" has the second-largest sales week of any country album since 1991. Only Garth Brooks' 1998 effort "Double Live" moved more, when it started with 1,085,000. Thus, Swift also achieves the biggest sales week of any female country act since 1991. Previously, the high-water mark was set by fellow crossover diva Shania Twain when her "Up!" started with 874,000 at No. 1 in 2002.

And, "Speak" owns the biggest week for any album by a woman -- regardless of genre -- since 2000, when Britney Spears' "Oops! I Did It Again" danced into the No. 1 spot with 1,319,000. In total, just four albums by women have notched million-plus weeks. Aside from Swift and Spears, Whitney Houston's "The Bodyguard" soundtrack moved 1,061,000 over the busy Christmas week of 1992 and Norah Jones' "Feels Like Home" debuted at No. 1 with 1,022,000 in 2004.
              last.fmPaulboard Top 30

Comment

• Originally posted by eminemno1
                Originally posted by innocenteyes
                Originally posted by eminemno1
                it wont sell 1.8-2m in 3 weeks
                Weren't you the one you said that she wouldn't beat Recovery's first week sales?
                she didnt beat them yet
                these predictions were from wednesday so it couldve died down abit now
                but i still think it wont sell 1m
                And he said...''whaaaaat?! ''

Yaaayy for Taylor
                Congrats, young woman.

Comment

• Switzerland

20 (New) - Speak Now

It's a gr8 improvement over Fearless, which only peaked at #35.

Comment

• How many digital albums has she sold?

Comment

• Originally posted by FliplovesMC
                      I'm totally ecstatic for Taylor but the rest of those album sales are sad.
                      Yes, except Taylor, the entire chart is just terrible...

Comment

• Speak Now will enter the 2010 Year-to-Date album sales list at # 8

- with sales of only ~ 400k required, it should hit the # 4 position in its 2nd week

Year-to-Date US Album Sales

WEEK 42
                        [November 6, 2010 Billboard chart week]

Rank - Sales - TITLE - Artist

01 - 2,861,044 - RECOVERY - Eminem

02 - 2,699,234 - NEED YOU NOW - Lady Antebellum

03 - 1,905,019 - MY WORLD 2.0 - Justin Bieber

04 - 1,443,129 - THE FAME - Lady GaGa

05 - 1,265,317 - SOLDIER OF LOVE - Sade

06 - 1,133,354 - THANK ME LATER - Drake

07 - 1,117,041 - RAYMOND V RAYMOND - Usher

08 - 1,029,039 - THE E.N.D. (THE ENERGY NEVER DIES) - Black Eyed Peas

09 - 985,731 - ANIMAL - Ke$ha

10 - 862,880 - THE FOUNDATION - Zac Brown Band

thanks to oldbloke for the stats
                        Red took 5 weeks to hit 2m in US sales. Speak Now took 6. Fearless took 7. Taylor Swift took 61. 1989 hit 2m in 3 weeks...

Comment

• Originally posted by CountryMan
                          Speak Now will enter the 2010 Year-to-Date album sales list at # 8
                          Above Ke$ha or the BEP in one week !

Comment

• Originally posted by Vanacoring
                            Originally posted by CountryMan
                            Speak Now will enter the 2010 Year-to-Date album sales list at # 8
                            Above Ke$ha or the BEP in one week !
                            Well to beat Kesha is a feat as that has had all year to sell (that's for those cunts that said Kesha snatched Taylor's wig when she took No. 1 on the iTunes chart) but it's acceptable for BEP as their has been selling since way before this year started.
                            I was waiting for Bey to drop so she could show that T&A arent the only ones smashing album SALES!!!

Comment

• congrats to taylor she so deserves the success because she hasn't let it go to her head like so many other young stars do
                              "the love of a mothers life is her child/children"

Comment

• Originally posted by marcsgirl85
                                congrats to taylor she so deserves the success because she hasn't let it go to her head like so many other young stars do
                                I was waiting for Bey to drop so she could show that T&A arent the only ones smashing album SALES!!!

Comment

• Canada
                                  The 20-year-old's third studio effort, "Speak Now," blasted to No. 1, selling a whopping 62,000 copies in its first week, according to Nielsen SoundScan data.

It easily surpassed the first week sales of her mega-popular second disc "Fearless," which rang up 27,000 in November 2008.

Eminem still holds the Canadian high-water mark this year with "Recovery," which sold 85,000 when it premiered in June.

Comment

• Spain

10 (New) - Speak Now

Comment

• Originally posted by rp662
                                      Spain

10 (New) - Speak Now

WO!!! It looks like she's shaping up to be an international superstar soon. She's already got footing in several countries. If she does a lot of intense promotion in Europe, Australia, New Zealand and other places she can really increase her international v. domestic ratio! After all, she already has the US on lock.

And for the people that like to cite Shania Twain as being international v. Taylor Swift what you do NOT look at is the fact that Shania had 2 hit albums before Come On Over became an international success and her 2nd album performed pretty similar to Taylor's second internationally. It wasn't until Come On Over that she really took off. Taylor can really do the same thing with her album especially with all of these top 10 and number 1 debuts outside of the US. It's at a perfect time already in which she'll benefit around the world from high sales during the last quarter of this year and then she just needs intense promotion, great singles, appearances, radio visits, etc. around the world and she can push 'Speak Now' to crazy new heights!

Comment

• very great achievement in Canada too (It's like more than 600k in the USA)

Comment

• whats the official prediction for week 2?
                                          Dont you forget, You're caught in my Spiderweb.

Comment

• Originally posted by tada
                                            very great achievement in Canada too (It's like more than 600k in the USA)
                                            Actually, it's more like sales of 775,000 in the US (62,000/80,000 - platinum)!!! The bottom line is this girl is crushing!

Comment

• Originally posted by rp662
                                              Spain

10 (New) - Speak Now

Great! hopefully she will repeak in March when she will be in Madrid!
                                              Avril Lavigne & Taylor Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by tada
                                                very great achievement in Canada too (It's like more than 600k in the USA)
                                                Yes it is... Taylor isn't as big here as she is in the US.
                                                Follow

Comment

• it will be hard to reach no.1 on the year-end chart but i believe she can do this.
                                                  Find me on Last.fm

Comment

• Impressive positions from the EU region!
                                                    2009 YEC[#1]
                                                    2011 CHARTS

Comment

Working...
                                                    X