No announcement yet.

Taylor Swift :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ Nice to see Mine increasing. Hopefully it'll be able to crack the Top 20 there.
    Akini's Top 100 Songs of 2021: [85-81]
    Akini's Top 25 Albums of 2021: [Starting 12/22]
    Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2021: [Starting 12/27]
    Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Easy on Me [4 weeks]
    AlbumClash 2.0: [ABBA vs. Doja Cat]

She would stand around after she had set the table and listen to the family give, in unison, thanks to the long-haired man whose gaze always turned upward – probably because he couldn’t bear to see the havoc wreaked in his name.

Comment

• Originally posted by rp662
      Originally posted by phoenix98
      BB200:

29 SWIFT*TAYLOR THE HOLIDAY COLLECTION 14,330 999 1,090 584,777
      MASSIVE increase for 'The Holiday Collection'. It will have amazing sales closer to Christmas!
      Yes, I'm sure this album will be in the Top 15 in December. Perhaps she will sell +50k per week !

Comment

• Originally posted by Vanacoring
        Originally posted by rp662
        BB200:

29 SWIFT*TAYLOR THE HOLIDAY COLLECTION 14,330 999 1,090 584,777
        MASSIVE increase for 'The Holiday Collection'. It will have amazing sales closer to Christmas!
        Yes, I'm sure this album will be in the Top 15 in December. Perhaps she will sell +50k per week !
        Taylor is just unstoppable.

She would stand around after she had set the table and listen to the family give, in unison, thanks to the long-haired man whose gaze always turned upward – probably because he couldn’t bear to see the havoc wreaked in his name.

Comment

• Taylor Swift’s 'Speak Now' Set Market Share Record

November 09, 2010

By Glenn Peoples

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/content_ ... 0943b7f4fe

In its first week of release, Taylor Swift’s “Speak Now” accounted for nearly one in five album purchases. In selling 1,047,000 units during a week with 5.8 million album sales, according to Nielsen SoundScan, “Speak Now” represented 18% of all albums sold last week, the highest first-week market share in SoundScan history.

Ten other albums have debuted with higher sales. The all-time leader in one-week sales is ‘N Sync’s “No Strings Attached,” which was released in March 2000 – the heyday of the CD – and sold 2.4 million units in its first week of release. That was good for a 15.3% share of that week’s total album sales – nearly three percentage points less than “Speak Now.”

The second-best opening week was ‘N Sync’s August 2001 album “Celebrity.” It debuted with 1.89 million units in a week with 14.6 million units sold – a 12.8% share of album sales. Eminem’s “Marshall Mathers LP” ranks as the third-best opening week with sales of 1.76 million. It had an 11.6% market share in its first week.

Some strong market shares have been captured by albums released in 2010. Eminem’s “Recovery,” released in June, debuted with a market share of 12.2% on first-week sales of 741,000. Lady Antebellum’s “Need You Now” was released in late January, traditionally a slow time for new releases, and achieved a market share of 7.4% on sales of 481,000. Drake’s “Thank Me Later,” released in June, had a market share of 7.3% on first-week sales of 447,000.

There are a few considerations when comparing today’s statistics to those over the last decade. The market has changed in the nine or ten years since albums were posting record first-week sales figures. The CD was completely dominant while singles (CD and vinyl) were well under 10% of total unit sales. In effect, people tended to buy the album because there was no other viable option. Since ‘N Sync posted those big first-week numbers, consumers have increasingly purchased individual track downloads instead of entire albums. Today, a rare artist may still be able to command a million albums in a debut week, but there are far fewer albums being sold. As a result, that album-oriented artist in today’s single-oriented market will have a better market share ratio than would an artist before the rise of digital downloads.

Another consideration is that some albums with big one-week sales were released during weeks with holiday-driven, high sales volume. As a result, they have a relatively low share of total sales even though they put up big numbers. The Beatles’ “Anthology 1,” for example, sold 855,000 units in its first week of release (the week ending November 26, 2000) but ended up with a 4.5% share. Backstreet Boys’ “Black & Blue” was released on November 21, 2000 and sold 1.59 million units in its debut week – good for just a 6.8% share of all album sales.
          Red took 5 weeks to hit 2m in US sales. Speak Now took 6. Fearless took 7. Taylor Swift took 61. 1989 hit 2m in 3 weeks...

Comment

• HDD FINAL:

1 1 TAYLOR SWIFT BIG MACHINE 327,493 -69%
            SPEAK NOW

the sales are a bit lower than initially projected, but 70% is still a pretty average 2nd week drop. this brings total sales to just under 1.4 million in 2 weeks
            last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenix98
              HDD FINAL:

SPEAK NOW

the sales are a bit lower than initially projected, but 70% is still a pretty average 2nd week drop. this brings total sales to just under 1.4 million in 2 weeks
              It will be interesting to see her third week.
              I wait at least +200k, and perhaps +250k = +1,6 million in 3 weeks.

Comment

HDD FINAL:

SPEAK NOW

This really tightens up the race for top artist sales for the Billboard year...your estimates for Gift vs Speak Now next week would give SuBo a very narrow victory....Taylor's four albums need to find some legs this week!
                Red took 5 weeks to hit 2m in US sales. Speak Now took 6. Fearless took 7. Taylor Swift took 61. 1989 hit 2m in 3 weeks...

Comment

• Originally posted by CountryMan
                  Originally posted by Vanacoring
                  HDD FINAL:

SPEAK NOW

This really tightens up the race for top artist sales for the Billboard year...your estimates for Gift vs Speak Now next week would give SuBo a very narrow victory....Taylor's four albums need to find some legs this week!
                  Agreed! She must not lose to Susan! Hopefully either:

1. The Gift underpeforms.
                  2. Speak Now, Fearless, Taylor Swift, and The Holiday Collection miraculously sell more than 310,000+ copies next week to secure a narrow victory.

Comment

• Switzerland

#46 (New) - Mine

#17 (20) - Speak Now *New Peak

Comment

• Hong Kong
                      unofficial HMV charts

SPEAK NOW
                      at # 1 both on Overall and Rock&Pop chart
                      Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll

Comment

• I think nobody posted it, but last friday "Speak Now" debuted in the italian album chart too at #18
                        Both her debut and Fearless didn't chart at all in Italy!
                        And there's people in other threads that call her a local artist

Comment

Taylor Swift’s 'Speak Now' Set Market Share Record
                          In its first week of release, Taylor Swift’s “Speak Now” accounted for nearly one in five album purchases. In selling 1,047,000 units during a week with 5.8 million album sales, according to Nielsen SoundScan, “Speak Now” represented 18% of all albums sold last week, the highest first-week market share in SoundScan history.
                          Impressive!
                          Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll

Comment

• Originally posted by borderwolf
                            Originally posted by CountryMan
                            Impressive!
                            Dreadful. If it hadn't been for that single release sales would be below 5 million again at a time of year when you are hoping albums sales are starting to ramp up.
                            101 Albums | 501 Songs

Comment

• "Back to December" has been chosen as the second single. Hope it will bring her another Top3 position on Hot 100.
                              Find me on Last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan

2. Speak Now, Fearless, Taylor Swift, and The Holiday Collection miraculously sell more than 310,000+ copies next week to secure a narrow victory.
                                It's not again sure than SuBo will underperform in US !
                                But Taylor will sell much more than Susan, it's sure !

Comment

• Speak Now debuts at #6 on the Japanese daily charts. Sales figures aren't released yet but I suppose it's roughly about 5,000 copies?
                                  Stan of: Devendra Banhart / Taylor Swift / Grimes / Utada Hikaru / Tori Amos
                                  Follow me on Last.fm?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShayLaB
                                    Originally posted by borderwolf
                                    Originally posted by CountryMan
                                    Impressive!
                                    Dreadful. If it hadn't been for that single release sales would be below 5 million again at a time of year when you are hoping albums sales are starting to ramp up.
                                    I am so thankful for these press releases. They show people that domination of an industry is not JUST a number, but a number compared to other numbers. Her 1,047,000 dwarfed Britney's 1.3 million!!! She's a beast right now!
                                    I was waiting for Bey to drop so she could show that T&A arent the only ones smashing album SALES!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JSparksFan

It's not again sure than SuBo will underperform in US !
                                      But Taylor will sell much more than Susan, it's sure !
                                      A guy can always hope, can't he?

Comment

• from Billboard:

For the first time in three years, the top three selling albums in the U.S. are all country efforts. Taylor Swift's "Speak Now" holds at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 for a second week (320,000; down 69% according to Nielsen SoundScan), Jason Aldean's "My Kinda Party" starts at No. 2 (193,000) and Sugarland's former No. 1 "The Incredible Machine" slips one rung to No. 3 (60,000; down 32%).

Country albums last monopolized the top three rungs on the chart dated Nov. 10, 2007, when Carrie Underwood's "Carnival Ride" debuted at No. 1 (527,000), Robert Plant and Alison Krauss' "Raising Sand" started at No. 2 (112,000) and Gary Allan's "Living Hard" bowed at No. 3 (69,000).

Last week, Swift's "Speak Now" made a historic 1,047,000 bow, just the 16th time since SoundScan began tracking sales in 1991 where an album sold at least 1 million copies in a week. As history has proven, it was all but a given that "Speak Now" would take a steep drop in sales this week. The set's 69% decline in on par with the sophomore-week dive of our last million-plusser: Lil Wayne's "Tha Carter III." It went from 1,006,000 in its premiere to 309,000 in its second stanza.
                                        last.fm

Comment

• Canada
                                          01 (01) Speak Now

Week 1: 62,000
                                          Week 2: 26,000

Comment

• Originally posted by leila
                                            Canada
                                            01 (01) Speak Now

Thanks so much for the info!

So Speak Now, is now officially Platinum (80k units).

Comment

• Originally posted by rp662
                                              Originally posted by leila
                                              Canada
                                              01 (01) Speak Now

Thanks so much for the info!

So Speak Now, is now officially Platinum (80k units).
                                              No "officially" platinum means that the CRIA has awarded the album for shipments over 80,000, not that Soundscan has "recorded" sales of over 80,000. It is eligible though.
                                              I was waiting for Bey to drop so she could show that T&A arent the only ones smashing album SALES!!!

Comment

• that's pretty strong, show me the album that sold 300k+ in its second week!!!?!!! it's going pretty well, hopefully she will release a couple of new videos soon and keep promoting!

Comment

• Originally posted by tada
                                                  that's pretty strong, show me the album that sold 300k+ in its second week!!!?!!! it's going pretty well, hopefully she will release a couple of new videos soon and keep promoting!
                                                  ...and ~ 250k in its 3rd week! Week 4 might drop, but I don't foresee anything else lower than 250k until January...I'm seeing over 3.3 million for the calendar year

Comment

Originally posted by tada
                                                    that's pretty strong, show me the album that sold 300k+ in its second week!!!?!!! it's going pretty well, hopefully she will release a couple of new videos soon and keep promoting!
                                                    ...and ~ 250k in its 3rd week! Week 4 might drop, but I don't foresee anything else lower than 250k until January...I'm seeing over 3.3 million for the calendar year
                                                    250k during the third week will be a great result if it's confirmed Friday by the weekend predictions of HDD ! After the disappointing 320k of this week, it will be an amazing news for her long-term sales !

Comment

Working...
                                                    X