Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taylor Swift :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Leo92
    How big are her chances next week against SuBo?
    Weak now. She is predicted around 240k against 260k for Susan. I think Susan will be leader.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Leo92
      How big are her chances next week against SuBo?
      HITS latest update predicts:

      Susan Boyle (Columbia) 250-275k
      Taylor Swift (Big Machine) 225-250k

      the CMA boost should give Taylor higher sales than what this predicts, but it looks like Susan definitely has the edge at this point.
      last.fm

      Comment


      • Originally posted by tada
        +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
        weekly US sales for "Fearless"
        +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

        592,304 copies
        217,209 copies
        267,371 copies
        193,495 copies
        248,841 copies
        330,403 copies
        262,399 copies

        89,607 copies
        From the 2008 Holiday season sales of Fearless, we might speculate that Speak Now will have three fairly good sales weeks in mid to late December [BB week 49 was the low sales week].

        ....or, you might consider weeks 47 to 50 fairly uniform with a slight peak leading into Christmas week.
        Red took 5 weeks to hit 2m in US sales. Speak Now took 6. Fearless took 7. Taylor Swift took 61. 1989 hit 2m in 3 weeks...

        Comment


        • I think during Christmas week, "Speak Now" can return at +350k !

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Vanacoring
            I think during Christmas week, "Speak Now" can return at +350k !
            hopefully! if only it was top-selling album of the year (soundscan year), but i reckon Em would retain at No.1

            Comment


            • I wonder how much her albums will be during the day before Thanksgiving until Cyber Monday....if they want an explosive week, they'll price it smartly, in the stores and in the web

              I'm guessing Speak Now will be $5.99 Black Friday
              Oh I won't ask for much this Christmas, I won't even wish for snow

              Comment


              • I hope she ll release The Story of Us or Haunted

                The yuppies networking, the panic, the vomit, the panic, the vomit, God loves his children, God loves his children...yeah.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Formusic
                  I hope she ll release The Story of Us or Haunted

                  almost every song on album is suitable to be a single Back to December is a great choice for Christmas and Speak Now/Mean should be released during spring ;)
                  Find me on Last.fm

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by phoenix98
                    Originally posted by Leo92
                    How big are her chances next week against SuBo?
                    HITS latest update predicts:

                    Susan Boyle (Columbia) 250-275k
                    Taylor Swift (Big Machine) 225-250k

                    the CMA boost should give Taylor higher sales than what this predicts, but it looks like Susan definitely has the edge at this point.
                    Now, the prediction have changed : even with the CMA effect, Taylor will be #2. SuBo is now predicted between 270 and 300k.

                    Comment


                    • This is HDD's prediction:


                      *Susan Boyle (Columbia) 275-300k
                      Taylor Swift (Big Machine) 225-250k
                      *Kid Cudi (Universal Motown) 180-200k
                      *Now 36 (Capitol/EMI) 80-85k
                      Jason Aldean (Broken Bow) 75-80k
                      *Bon Jovi (Island/IDJ) 70-75k
                      *Reba McEntire (Valory) 60-65k
                      Sugarland (Mercury Nashville) 45-50k
                      Mariah Carey (Island/IDJ) 35-40k
                      Lil Wayne (Cash Money/Universal Motown) 35-40k
                      *Cee Lo Green (New Elektra) 30-35k
                      Eminem (Shady/Aftermath/Interscope) 30-35k
                      Kings of Leon (RCA/RMG) 30-35k
                      Rod Stewart (J/RMG) 24-27k
                      Brad Paisley (Arista Nashville) 24-27k
                      *Alter Bridge (ABR/EMI) 24-27k
                      *Underoath (Solid State) 24-27k
                      Kenny Chesney (BNA) 24-27k
                      *Debuts (11/12a)
                      Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Good 4 U [13 weeks]

                      Remember that you are water. Cry. Cleanse. Flow.
                      Remember that you are fire. Burn. Tame. Ignite.
                      Remember that you are air. Be still. Focus. Decide.
                      Remember that you are earth. Ground. Build. Give.

                      Comment


                      • It sounds like HDD is trying to hedge their prediction by saying they don't have the impact of the CMA Awards show factored into Taylor's prediction

                        "UPDATE: Looks like Susan Boyle's emerged as the favorite for #1 next week though the impact of Wednesday night's CMA Awards has yet to be reflected in the physical numbers."
                        Originally posted by JSparksFan
                        This is HDD's prediction:


                        *Susan Boyle (Columbia) 275-300k
                        Taylor Swift (Big Machine) 225-250k

                        *Debuts (11/12a)
                        Red took 5 weeks to hit 2m in US sales. Speak Now took 6. Fearless took 7. Taylor Swift took 61. 1989 hit 2m in 3 weeks...

                        Comment


                        • god i hope bmr reshipps more copies of speak

                          Comment


                          • btw, some comparasion to "Fearless" sales
                            +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                            ROUND 1

                            592,304 copies
                            217,209 copies
                            = 809,670 copies

                            1,046,718 copies
                            319,701 copies
                            = 1,366,441 copies

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by tada
                              btw, some comparasion to "Fearless" sales
                              +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                              ROUND 1

                              592,304 copies
                              217,209 copies
                              = 809,670 copies

                              1,046,718 copies
                              319,701 copies
                              = 1,366,441 copies
                              rougly 500k more copies. i hope speak now increases and reaches the 2.7m atleast for this year. it shouldn't be too impossible as fearless sold 2.1m that year.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by tada
                                btw, some comparasion to "Fearless" sales
                                +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                                ROUND 1

                                592,304 copies
                                217,209 copies
                                = 809,670 copies

                                1,046,718 copies
                                319,701 copies
                                = 1,366,441 copies
                                556.000 more copies sold, and a decline of 69% against 63% in week 2 (I thought the decline of "Fearless" was largely more important). "Speak Now" is just a bomb !

                                Comment


                                • Week 2

                                  Originally posted by tada
                                  btw, some comparasion to "Fearless" sales
                                  +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                                  ROUND 1

                                  592,304 copies
                                  217,209 copies
                                  = 809,670 copies

                                  1,046,718 copies
                                  319,701 copies
                                  = 1,366,441 copies
                                  Originally posted by Vanacoring

                                  556.000 more copies sold, and a decline of 69% against 63% in week 2 (I thought the decline of "Fearless" was largely more important). "Speak Now" is just a bomb !
                                  Predicted Week 3 sales
                                  809,670
                                  267,371
                                  = 1,077,041 Fearless

                                  1,366,441
                                  225-250k
                                  1.6 million SN

                                  Week 3 for Fearless was actual week Nov 24-30 which included Thanksgiving...and throws off the comparison a bit
                                  Red took 5 weeks to hit 2m in US sales. Speak Now took 6. Fearless took 7. Taylor Swift took 61. 1989 hit 2m in 3 weeks...

                                  Comment


                                  • yay, i guess during Thanxgiving and Black Friday she could shift more 300k if promo works well and she must finally release the second single and VIDEO!

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by CountryMan
                                      Predicted Week 3 sales
                                      809,670
                                      267,371
                                      = 1,077,041 Fearless

                                      1,366,441
                                      225-250k
                                      1.6 million SN

                                      Week 3 for Fearless was actual week Nov 24-30 which included Thanksgiving...and throws off the comparison a bit
                                      Yes, for the Thanksgiving week I think she will be between 250 and 300k easily like with "Fearless".

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by tada
                                        yay, i guess during Thanxgiving and Black Friday she could shift more 300k if promo works well and she must finally release the second single and VIDEO!
                                        +300k would be purely amazing yes, because I think her second biggest week after her debut will be Christmas.

                                        Comment


                                        • I'm hoping that Speak Now has the longevity that Taylor's previous albums have had. I have a very good feeling that it will though.
                                          Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Good 4 U [13 weeks]

                                          Remember that you are water. Cry. Cleanse. Flow.
                                          Remember that you are fire. Burn. Tame. Ignite.
                                          Remember that you are air. Be still. Focus. Decide.
                                          Remember that you are earth. Ground. Build. Give.

                                          Comment


                                          • I can't believe they're still selling the album for $3.99 on Amazon MP3.

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by illegalaccess
                                              I can't believe they're still selling the album for $3.99 on Amazon MP3.
                                              maybe during Thanxgiving this price policy will affect most digital retailers, then the sales could exceed 500k.

                                              UK chart news: down to No.34(22)
                                              6-22-34 it ain't looking good

                                              "Mine" almost out, down to No.98(60), she could join X-Factor as top selling US artist and finally hit UK audience

                                              Comment


                                              • It's going down fairly quick on UK album chart. :( Taylor needs new promo and single in UK.

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by tada
                                                  Originally posted by illegalaccess
                                                  I can't believe they're still selling the album for $3.99 on Amazon MP3.
                                                  maybe during Thanxgiving this price policy will affect most digital retailers, then the sales could exceed 500k.
                                                  Ted, before it was me who had the always the more strong prediction !
                                                  I think +300k during Thanksgiving would be already enormous. Perhaps ~350k with this incredible low price. But 500k, I predict that only for Christmas week and again...

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by Vanacoring
                                                    Originally posted by tada
                                                    Originally posted by illegalaccess
                                                    I can't believe they're still selling the album for $3.99 on Amazon MP3.
                                                    maybe during Thanxgiving this price policy will affect most digital retailers, then the sales could exceed 500k.
                                                    Ted, before it was me who had the always the more strong prediction !
                                                    I think +300k during Thanksgiving would be already enormous. Perhaps ~350k with this incredible low price. But 500k, I predict that only for Christmas week and again...
                                                    well, actually it was joke
                                                    i don't think it would reach such a huge level, i'm with you and agree with 300k

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X