Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheMysteriousMan
    • 16 Oct 2021

Leviathan
    Hey you can link your prediction here too! I'm sure ppl would love to see them.

I agree with what you said abt folklore, it's been stable. I shall do the prediction later when the streams get stablized, there have been many holidays recently and the streams fluctuated a lot

Comment

• Leviathan
      Roadie
      • 24 Jul 2021

Originally posted by TheMysteriousMan
      Leviathan
      Hey you can link your prediction here too! I'm sure ppl would love to see them.

I agree with what you said abt folklore, it's been stable. I shall do the prediction later when the streams get stablized, there have been many holidays recently and the streams fluctuated a lot
      Here's the link: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AtTsCFJGr92TgU_k...lN5Mv?e=XqyjzL. Not sure if I'm allowed to post links here under the current rules, so if any moderator finds this violating any rules please remove this without giving me an infraction.

Comment

• JC96
        Personal Assistant
        • 26 Sep 2020

Comment

• TheMysteriousMan
          • 16 Oct 2021

Originally posted by Leviathan

Here's the link: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AtTsCFJGr92TgU_k...lN5Mv?e=XqyjzL. Not sure if I'm allowed to post links here under the current rules, so if any moderator finds this violating any rules please remove this without giving me an infraction.
          Amazing! Pretty reasonable predictions!
          I read the rules and they say we are allowed to post links as long as they are permanent.
          Last edited by TheMysteriousMan; Wed January 5, 2022, 05:52.

Comment

• TheMysteriousMan
            • 16 Oct 2021

Billboard 200 (8/1/22 Update)

#3 Red (Taylor's Version) (=) (7 woc)
            #35 evermore (+6) (55 woc)
            #49 folklore (=) (75 woc)
            #59 Fearless (Taylor's Version) (-16) (37 woc)
            #83 Lover (-12) (123 woc)
            #123 1989 (+68) (368 woc)
            #156 reputation (RE) (171 woc)

I don't know if this week's update should count as the 53rd week of 2021 (tracking date: 24/12/2021 - 30/12/2021) or the 1st or 2nd week of 2022, so I linked my previous post "bb200 history as of the end of 2021" below, to make it complete.

https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...6#post10792386
            Last edited by TheMysteriousMan; Fri January 7, 2022, 10:34.

Comment

• Tansike
              Site Supporter
              • 28 Jan 2012

German Midweek Charts

31 (46) Red
              55 (79) Reputation
              83 (RE) 1989

Comment

• Leviathan
                Roadie
                • 24 Jul 2021

Originally posted by Tansike
                German Midweek Charts

31 (46) Red
                55 (79) Reputation
                83 (RE) 1989

Reputation that high? Oh my god! I hope Evermore can re-enter too.
                Wow at 1989 re-entering already. 1989 TV is gonna do really well there, if Red TV is anything to go by.

Comment

• Leviathan
                  Roadie
                  • 24 Jul 2021

Official Albums Update Chart:

16 (22) Red (Taylor's Version)
                  44 (56) 1989
                  54 (66) Folklore
                  62 (58) Evermore
                  69 (RE) Lover
                  89 (RE) Reputation

Reputation is going to re-enter the UK Charts for the first time in 2 years! It is also going to achieve its highest placement in 3 years.

Comment

• JeremySpears
                    Legend
                    • 23 Mar 2017

Taylor single-handedly saving pure sales. She’s the music industry for a reason.
                    https://youtu.be/1iRbIYkccgw

Comment

• Leviathan
                      Roadie
                      • 24 Jul 2021

Seems pretty accurate. This would put Red (2012)'s 2021 units at 328,000 and Fearless (2008)'s 2021 units at 274,000. The latter matches up with what MRC data said in its year-end report. Huge catalogue numbers, even for her debut. Even with the re-recordings cutting their units, I think Taylor might be able to get each of her first 5 albums to diamond status before her career even turns 30.
                      Last edited by Leviathan; Fri January 7, 2022, 05:58.

Comment

• britneylinda
                        Superstar
                        • 09 Oct 2021

Seems pretty accurate. This would put Red (2012)'s 2021 units at 328,000 and Fearless (2008)'s 2021 units at 274,000. The latter matches up with MRC data said in its mid-year report. Huge catalogue numbers, even for her debut. Even with the re-recordings cutting their units, I think Taylor might be able to get each of her first 5 albums to diamond status by the end of this decade.
                        Leviathan interesting thing you said here - just a curiosity how it will match up as her old masters are now being sold? Do you see a possible reason on why her old label will certify her old catalog sales or more interestingly why they should? Though Taylor being the master songwriter will get profits but how do you explain her old masters sales to her and not to the person/company who has her masters?
                        Last edited by britneylinda; Thu January 6, 2022, 17:22.
                        Now playing Slipknot.

Comment

• Leviathan
                          Roadie
                          • 24 Jul 2021

Originally posted by britneylinda

Leviathan interesting thing you said here - just a curiosity how it will match up as her old masters are now being sold? Do you see a possible reason on why her old label will certify her old catalog sales or more interestingly why they should? Though Taylor being the master songwriter will get profits but how do you explain her old masters sales to her and not to the person/company who has her masters?
                          I'm not sure what exactly are you trying to ask, but if you're asking why Taylor's catalogue will still sell now, a lot of people still use the old versions of her albums. According to Billboard, Fearless (2008) sold over 124,000 units in the US in the first six months after its re-recording was released, and over 14,000 in pure sales. Since it has remained relatively stable in streams since then, I'm assuming it'll continue to sell at this pace for a while. The same logic can be applied to her other albums too.
                          As for why her old label will certify her catalog sales, I don't think they will get her albums certified. That's why I said the albums would get to diamond status, instead of saying they would get certified diamond.

Comment

• britneylinda
                            Superstar
                            • 09 Oct 2021

Originally posted by Leviathan

I'm not sure what exactly are you trying to ask, but if you're asking why Taylor's catalogue will still sell now, a lot of people still use the old versions of her albums. According to Billboard, Fearless (2008) sold over 124,000 units in the US in the first six months after its re-recording was released, and over 14,000 in pure sales. Since it has remained relatively stable in streams since then, I'm assuming it'll continue to sell at this pace for a while. The same logic can be applied to her other albums too.
                            As for why her old label will certify her catalog sales, I don't think they will get her albums certified. That's why I said the albums would get to diamond status, instead of saying they would get certified diamond.
                            Didn't worded it correctly I guess, what I mean her as now her catalog isn't hers as chart analysers how do you comprehend the fact that sales aren't going to her and we still count them? Recently Bruce Springsteen sold his catalog now all sales will be given to the label who bought the masters wouldn't that be the same for Taylor?
                            Now playing Slipknot.

Comment

• TheMysteriousMan
                              • 16 Oct 2021

Didn't worded it correctly I guess, what I mean her as now her catalog isn't hers as chart analysers how do you comprehend the fact that sales aren't going to her and we still count them? Recently Bruce Springsteen sold his catalog now all sales will be given to the label who bought the masters wouldn't that be the same for Taylor?
                              Rly? Can you post a source where it said "now all sales will be given to the label who bought the masters"?

Comment

• britneylinda
                                Superstar
                                • 09 Oct 2021

Rly? Can you post a source where it said "now all sales will be given to the label who bought the masters"?
                                I mean that would be a logical way though, I quoted Bruce example that's why as in my sense of this side of the business label will make the profits off from her old masters though as Taylor being the masterful writer she will continue getting royalties but I am unable to gather the logic on how sales of her old masters will fully be on her name now and not on her previous label.

Read post 89 here - Wayne is an expert on this
                                Last edited by britneylinda; Fri January 7, 2022, 11:02.
                                Now playing Slipknot.

Comment

• TheMysteriousMan
                                  • 16 Oct 2021

I mean that would be a logical way though, I quoted Bruce example that's why as in my sense of this side of the business label will make the profits off from her old masters though as Taylor being the masterful writer she will continue getting royalties but I am unable to gather the logic on how sales of her old masters will fully be on her name now and not on her previous label.
                                  I don't think I understand what you said but I can try my best to explain:

1. Sales are count to the performers.
                                  For example, Better Man(og) is not written by Little Big Town, but the performer is LBT, so if someone buy one copy of that song, the song's sales +1, LBT's sales also +1.

2. According to wiki:
                                  "According to U.S. copyright law, any music recording is subject to two distinct types of ownership: one that protects the specific sound recording (owning a master, usually owned by record labels), and the other protecting the musical work (publishing rights, usually owned by songwriters)"

Still using the example above, LBT doesn't own Better Man's master or its publishing rights, but that song's sale is still their sales. The same applies to Taylor. Where her masters belong doesn't rly affect where the sales go: the sales always go to Taylor, aka the performer of her work.

-------------------

or if you were asking if Taylor sell one copy of Speak Now for example, whether its sales count as Shamrock's sales or republic's or Big Machine's sales? (You know there's always a report in the year end tells you what company sold how many copies of work in total) In this case I'm not sure, I think it belongs to Shamrock's maybe???

Comment

• britneylinda
                                    Superstar
                                    • 09 Oct 2021

I don't think I understand what you said but I can try my best to explain:

1. Sales are count to the performers.
                                    For example, Better Man(og) is not written by Little Big Town, but the performer is LBT, so if someone buy one copy of that song, the song's sales +1, LBT's sales also +1.

2. According to wiki:
                                    "According to U.S. copyright law, any music recording is subject to two distinct types of ownership: one that protects the specific sound recording (owning a master, usually owned by record labels), and the other protecting the musical work (publishing rights, usually owned by songwriters)"

Still using the example above, LBT doesn't own Better Man's master or its publishing rights, but that song's sale is still their sales. The same applies to Taylor. Where her masters belong doesn't rly affect where the sales go: the sales always go to Taylor, aka the performer of her work.

-------------------

or if you were asking if Taylor sell one copy of Speak Now for example, whether its sales count as Shamrock's sales or republic's or Big Machine's sales? (You know there's always a report in the year end tells you what company sold how many copies of work in total) In this case I'm not sure, I think it belongs to Shamrock's maybe???
                                    Probably but as Taylor got 300M for her old masters this in my belief means that old masters sales/profits goes to the label who acquired them hence comes the reason of Taylor re-reording as music of such big artists is also a product for consumption and making profits I am still unable to understand on why sales on her old masters would fully go to her as money has been given to her in full length this is what business side of this industry says.
                                    Now playing Slipknot.

Comment

• Leviathan
                                      Roadie
                                      • 24 Jul 2021

britneylinda Taylor is still profiting off her work. As a performer, songwriter, and producer of her work she'll generate revenue from that as long as her music sells, no matter who owns the masters. The effective ownership of musical bodies comes down to two components: the masters and the publishing rights. Since Taylor was the songwriter of all her songs, she owns the second component, which gives her around 50% ownership of her work. Whenever her work sells, the biggest share of the profit will therefore always goes to her, followed by Shamrock (the new owners of her old masters), followed by people at Big Machine who gain a tiny share due to a term in their contract with Shamrock.

As for you talking about sales being attributed to Taylor's masters' new owners instead of her because she doesn't own her work, that's not how it works. Sales are always credited to performers. The vast majority of artists out there don't own their masters, but we don't credit their album sales to their old labels, do we? Let's take Britney Spears as an instance, since I'm assuming you as a fan must be knowing about the greater details of her work and career. Britney's masters were owned by Jive Records (& are now assumed to be held by RCA Records, since they took Jive Records' former artists under their umbrella). By your logic, sales for Britney's older albums would be attributed to Jive Records and not her, since they owned her work. In fact, on her best selling album, ...Baby One More Time, Britney doesn't have even one writing credit, so she doesn't even have the publishing rights to any of its songs. Should we not attribute its 25,000,000 copies to her then?

I hope this made things easy to understand. If you have any more questions, let me know via PM
                                      Last edited by Leviathan; Sat January 8, 2022, 05:41.

Comment

• Leviathan
                                        Roadie
                                        • 24 Jul 2021

She's never beating the local allegations, I fear.

Comment

• JeremySpears
                                          Legend
                                          • 23 Mar 2017

https://youtu.be/1iRbIYkccgw

Comment

Working...