No announcement yet.

Rihanna :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh, i thought that it had sold about 1.000.000 in Gremany and even more in France, so in that case you are right. So GGGB sales stand at about 7.000.000+ right?
    Madonna Addict

Comment

only 713 copies. wow.. Remix albums don't sell THAT bad!! Even Mariah's remix album might have sold more. Are you sure? Where did the remixes peak on the UK chart?
      Madonna Addict

Comment

Originally posted by AyuM
        oh, i thought that it had sold about 1.000.000 in Gremany and even more in France, so in this case you are right. So GGGB sales stand at about 7.000.000+ right?
        And even then, you really have to push to get 7m! But IFPI confirmed it so..

Comment

ok, she still is the hottest selling artist of the late 2000's.
          Madonna Addict

Comment

Her sales are phenomenal yes, and she is the leader if you take into account total sales. But I think Lady Gaga is just as hot when it comes to selling. In fact, Gaga is going the same route as Rihanna - stable album sales, with extraordinary single (digital) sales. Gaga has shifted nearly 8m between two releases which is amazing

Comment

Originally posted by UKMusicLova
              I think Rihanna will experience her biggest first week sales with her next album.
              Totally, over 500k in the US for sure, hopefully her first #1 album there.
              Madonna Addict

Comment

I think Rihanna will experience her biggest first week sales with her next album.
                She'd definitely deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by 04wayne
                  Her sales are phenomenal yes, and she is the leader if you take into account total sales. But I think Lady Gaga is just as hot when it comes to selling. In fact, Gaga is going the same route as Rihanna - stable album sales, with extraordinary single (digital) sales. Gaga has shifted nearly 8m between two releases which is amazing
                  Rihanna & Lady GaGa : same battle, only records !

Comment

I hope really she will be able to do that because it's very rare now to have "blockbusters" debuts...

Comment

Originally posted by Vanacoring
                      I hope really she will be able to do that because it's very rare now to have "blockbusters" debuts...
                      200k i guess. she's no album seller

Comment

Fergie too

Comment

"GGGB" re-entered UK albums chart at No.70(RE)

Comment

gaga is doing better, at least album is

Comment

Originally posted by ranjeetmore
                              her tremendous single sales hardly matter.

a single sells for around a dollar while an album sells for around 13.

this is why,mariah carey is consdired above her and given more priority than Rihanna.

While Rihanna and Beyonce had to struggle(by that i mean release a slew of hits) to get a 2xP certification,i think two hits off MOAIA should do the trick and perhaps even a 3xp cert.

Mariah is an institution.Even Whitney's I look to you,the album,will be favoured thus.
                              mariah will not do aswell as beyonce and rihanna , and mariah will definately not get a 3xp cert as i doubt very much that she will get 2 hits
                              yer a wizard Harry !

Comment

Originally posted by www
                                For a first album yes, without comparison : 500k for Rihanna, already 1,2 million for Lady GaGa. But the "new Madonna" is again very far to have a 2,5 million album like is GBGB !

Comment

Originally posted by www
                                  200k i guess. she's no album seller
                                  She was not an album seller at the beginning. Now she is without any doubt. The first week of GBGB was only 170k so a very strong single will be necessary for the next album and with this support, I think at least 350k is possible ! After, more than 500k it's an other problem for sure...

Comment

Originally posted by www
                                    For a first album yes, without comparison : 500k for Rihanna, already 1,2 million for Lady GaGa. But the "new Madonna" is again very far to have a 2,5 million album like is GBGB !
                                    Exactly.

Comment

There is no two ways of looking at this - Rihanna's sales are gret - both albums and singles

Comment

Originally posted by snoop
                                        Sorry, I don't think it's all that. It took almost 2 years to sold that, 8 hit singles, re-releases, huge promo for every singles.
                                        that is not true. there was only 1 rerelease.

Comment

Originally posted by tada
                                          "GGGB" re-entered UK albums chart at No.70(RE)
                                          that is good. i wonder what caused the surge in sales in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Bajan
                                            Sorry, I don't think it's all that. It took almost 2 years to sold that, 8 hit singles, re-releases, huge promo for every singles.
                                            that is not true. there was only 1 rerelease which was the reloaded release, and every single released did not have promo. for example, dont stop the music did extremely well without promo.

Comment

i doubt her next album will sell 7.5 she has the hype but will people be more interested in buying for single's more then her album.

hype doesnt always = success

Comment

I agree.
                                                Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [2-1!]

Comment

that is not true. there was only 1 rerelease which was the reloaded release, and every single released did not have promo. for example, dont stop the music did extremely well without promo.
                                                  She "performed" "DSTM" on Grammy 08 (and Umbrella too). And also on more 3 or 4 tv shows. She "performed" every single, even "Rehab". She released different versions of GGGB. GGGB Standard, Deluxe Edition Bonus Remix CD, Good Girl Gone Bad: Reloaded and one with a DVD.
                                                  Lights! Somebody gettin' fired...

Comment

She "performed" "DSTM" on Grammy 08 (and Umbrella too). And also on more 3 or 4 tv shows. She "performed" every single, even "Rehab". She released different versions of GGGB. GGGB Standard, Deluxe Edition Bonus Remix CD, Good Girl Gone Bad: Reloaded and one with a DVD.
                                                    Rahab was performed at AMA

Comment

There is no way she will do 500k first week even BEP and Beyonce did not reach 500k first week. I think between 200k and 300k-350k first week max. She's not an album seller, it took her so long to reach 7.5 mill. She won't be 2x plat in the U.S guaranteed.She was never big in the U.S anyways plus her behavior after the incident has probably lessen her fanbase (since it's mostly girls that buy her albums and most girls are siding with Chris) at least in the U.S she will do fine worldwide. There's no way that the new mateial will be as good as GGGB. Regardless of singles the most she will do with the new album is 4-5.5mill max. I dont care what no one says your personal life affects ur success!

Comment

This new album will make or break her career. If she does not bring it she is done. ( but she always finds a way to have good songs)

Comment

I'm still surprised that she couldnt cross the 3mill mark in the states. with 3 #1's and 7 singles this shows that for her to even cross the 2 mili mark in the states her whole album needs to be released as singles!

Comment

Are single artists put on the same level as album artist, im just curious to what u guys think, do u respect artist that sell more albums or singles?

Comment

Originally posted by Justdance
                                                              Are single artists put on the same level as album artist, im just curious to what u guys think, do u respect artist that sell more albums or singles?
                                                              depends really i mean she sells albums 2 , flo rida on the other hand i dont respect that much he cant sell albums at all
                                                              yer a wizard Harry !

Comment

Working...
                                                              X