Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by willvdk
    Originally posted by Justdance
    Are single artists put on the same level as album artist, im just curious to what u guys think, do u respect artist that sell more albums or singles?
    depends really i mean she sells albums 2 , flo rida on the other hand i dont respect that much he cant sell albums at all
    No single & album are different, single has less profit than album. and you can have 10 #1 for singles but only 1 #1 album to called a success.

Comment

This new album will make or break her career. If she does not bring it she is done. ( but she always finds a way to have good songs)
      She'll bring it. Mark my words.

Comment

I think Rihanna will bring it and be very successful. And she's no longer a single's artist. Let's keep that for those who really fit that profile (i.e. Flo Rida, Soulja Boy, Jesse McCartney, etc.) This album was a statement that I am here to stay. I am so tired of people saying it took ... time for the album to sell this or that. Time doesn't matter, it's the end result.

As Whitney said, "It's not how you start... it's how you finish." And I can say for myself as a Rihanna fan that I didn't buy her album until she "proved" herself to me. I bought it more than a year after the release and never bought any of the singles. I thought the album as a whole was great and it took people time to get to that point.

If we're honest with industry cycles, we can say that we live in the time of big first weeks and quick falls. There was a time, for my real chart freaks, where albums sold whatever they did over time, not with front loaded sales. That testifies to your impact - the fact that it wasn't a fanbase that propped up sales - but that you won people like me over. And furthermore, she didn't do HALF the promo as some of these people out here. Did she take advantage of award shows, etc... of course, who wouldn't? But was she just putting herself out there and everytime you turned you saw her being overexposed... NO!!! She simply chilled in my opinion.

I LOVE THIS GIRL!
        I was waiting for Bey to drop so she could show that T&A arent the only ones smashing album SALES!!!

Comment

Originally posted by danbarj
          I think Rihanna will bring it and be very successful. And she's no longer a single's artist. Let's keep that for those who really fit that profile (i.e. Flo Rida, Soulja Boy, Jesse McCartney, etc.) This album was a statement that I am here to stay. I am so tired of people saying it took ... time for the album to sell this or that. Time doesn't matter, it's the end result.

As Whitney said, "It's not how you start... it's how you finish." And I can say for myself as a Rihanna fan that I didn't buy her album until she "proved" herself to me. I bought it more than a year after the release and never bought any of the singles. I thought the album as a whole was great and it took people time to get to that point.

If we're honest with industry cycles, we can say that we live in the time of big first weeks and quick falls. There was a time, for my real chart freaks, where albums sold whatever they did over time, not with front loaded sales. That testifies to your impact - the fact that it wasn't a fanbase that propped up sales - but that you won people like me over. And furthermore, she didn't do HALF the promo as some of these people out here. Did she take advantage of award shows, etc... of course, who wouldn't? But was she just putting herself out there and everytime you turned you saw her being overexposed... NO!!! She simply chilled in my opinion.

I LOVE THIS GIRL!
          She definitly did a lot of promotion, which is brilliant i don't understand ppl who say some stars ar overexposed, well if u dont promote it how is it suppose to sell. I dont care if i was an artist i will promote my album till the last drop rerelease it as many times as needed. At the end ppl look at album sales not how much exposure u did to acheive that.

Comment

Acts with more credibility tend to have more frontloaded sales. Rihanna is not taken seriously as a musician or vocalist, so her sales are mainly to ocasional buyers who decide to purchase her album after listening to songs over and over on the radio. Most of these people won´t rush to the stores and buy a new release from her, cause they aren´t consolidated fans, they will only buy after months and months of ongoing airplay.

This is the type of artist that tends to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by danbarj

I LOVE THIS GIRL!
              wow what world are you living in so your telling me she didnt do alot of promotion wow really she was every promoting the album constanlty nearly two yrs. iIf you ask me she rather lucky to get the promotion she gets. for me she still hasnt proved her self i dont care how digital sales she sold.

Comment

Originally posted by cutiespie
                wow what world are you living in so your telling me she didnt do alot of promotion wow really she was every promoting the album constanlty nearly two yrs. iIf you ask me she rather lucky to get the promotion she gets. for me she still hasnt proved her self i dont care how digital sales she sold.
                I think every artist has promotion, to send to radio is a part of promotion, to get huge airplay or #1 is also a kind of promotion.

Comment

I just love these Rihanna haters who keep saying "she'll be forgotten soon, she hasn't proven anything" since years

Comment

Is it safe to say she has sold over 50 million records worldwide(albums/downloads)? She has sold over 25 million downloads in US alone thats impressive,she may be able to join the 100 million sales group.

Comment

by boy rihanna sucks she canit really sing did you see her disturbia vma performace corny compare thta to beyonce ring the alarm vmas rihanna needs this ablum to be big our shes going to be out of the big names in the game she need about 6 more albums so she can work on the voice she sounds like she has a cold when she sings ooo yea ever one search a web site called RIHANNA SUCKS dont start dramming in the beyonce post because B fans bring it

Comment

What was the point of that post? :-?
                        I'm gonna do you like drugs tonight...

Comment

because rihanna sucks and i seen all the drama rihanna fans put in the beyonce post

Comment

If she gets back with Chris I swear i'm going to limewire both their new albums. Getting back together will lose some support from both sides.

Comment

Does she have 25 mil singles in the U.S or worldwide? I think i read something wrong if she sold 25 mill in the U.S alone.

Comment

I think she has sold at least 20 million downloads in the US alone
                                Super kid, you're a genius, flap your angel wings and disappear, cause heaven better save some tearsssssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Pufnstuf
                                  I think she has sold at least 20 million downloads in the US alone
                                  Well done RIhanna, you deserve to called Pop Princess, please make more good music to us.

Comment

Originally posted by 04wayne
                                    This is some of the sales I have for her:

US SALES:

Pon de replay - 1,100,000
                                    If it’s loving that you want - ??
                                    S.O.S. - 1,600,000
                                    Unfaithful - 1,100,000
                                    We ride - ??
                                    Umbrella - 3,220,000
                                    Hate that I love you - 1,050,000
                                    Don’t stop the music - 2,680,000
                                    Shut up and drive - 1,350,000
                                    Take a Bow - 2,050,150
                                    If I never see your face again - 950,000
                                    Disturbia - 3,480,000
                                    Just Stand Up - ??
                                    Rehab - 1,100,000+
                                    Live your life - 3,480,000

= at least 23,160,150

*Note, she has 9 million selling singles in the US!! The most of any digital seller. Its astronomical success
                                    I think you can not count Live your life as Rihanna´s single in order of sales because it is a colaboration. That song was not in a Rihanna's Album.

Comment

Well I refuse to discount it!

Comment

Her sales are just incredible!

4 years in the music business and so much success ~ go RiRi!

Comment

Rihanna's Worldwide Album Sales (my estimations)

Music of the Sun (2005)
                                          USA: about 600.000 (gold)
                                          Canada: 100.000 (Platinum)
                                          Europe: 350.000-400.000
                                          Japan: 100.000
                                          Australia: failed to chart on the official charts. (let's assume sales of less than 10.000)
                                          Worldwide: less than 1.200.000 (shipped)

A Girl Like Me (2006)
                                          USA: over 1.400.000-1.500.000
                                          Canada: Platinum (about 150.000)
                                          Europe: over 900.000 (shipped)
                                          Japan: 100.000+ (150.000)
                                          Australia: 70.000+
                                          New Zealand: 7.500
                                          Worldwide: approximately 2.750.000 (shipped) ==> must be almost 3.000.000 copies to date

Good Girl Gone Bad (2007)
                                          USA: 2.500.000 (shipped)
                                          Canada: 300.000+
                                          Europe: 3.000.000+ (shipped)
                                          Japan: over 150.000
                                          Australia: 3xPlatinum= 210.000/ sales must be around 250.000
                                          Brazil: 100.000
                                          Mexico: 50.000
                                          New Zealand: 20.000+
                                          Worldwide: well over 6.400.000-6.600.000 / shipments must have almost reached 7.000.000 copies by now

Approximately 11.200.000 Rihanna albums sold worldwide

I took into account over 20 European countries to calculate these figures which are merely my estimations. Sales must be around there.

Also, I didn't find any official announcement by Oricon but I trusted some other sites instead.
                                          Madonna Addict

Comment

Originally posted by AyuM

Music of the Sun (2005)
                                            USA: about 600.000 (gold)
                                            Canada: 100.000 (Platinum)
                                            Europe: 350.000-400.000
                                            Japan: 100.000
                                            Australia: failed to chart on the official charts. (let's assume sales of less than 10.000)
                                            Worldwide: less than 1.200.000 (shipped)

A Girl Like Me (2006)
                                            USA: over 1.400.000-1.500.000
                                            Canada: Platinum (about 150.000)
                                            Europe: over 900.000 (shipped)
                                            Japan: 100.000+ (150.000)
                                            Australia: 70.000+
                                            New Zealand: 7.500
                                            Worldwide: approximately 2.750.000 (shipped) ==> must be almost 3.000.000 copies to date

Good Girl Gone Bad (2007)
                                            USA: 2.500.000 (shipped)
                                            Canada: 300.000+
                                            Europe: 3.000.000+ (shipped)
                                            Japan: over 150.000
                                            Australia: 3xPlatinum= 210.000/ sales must be around 250.000
                                            Brazil: 100.000
                                            Mexico: 50.000
                                            New Zealand: 20.000+
                                            Worldwide: well over 6.400.000-6.600.000 / shipments must have almost reached 7.000.000 copies by now

Approximately 11.200.000 Rihanna albums sold worldwide

I took into account over 20 European countries to calculate these figures which are merely my estimations. Sales must be around there.

Also, I didn't find any official announcement by Oricon but I trusted some other sites instead.
                                            I like those numbers

Comment

^
                                              ^

Thx, I hope that they are as accurate as possible!
                                              Madonna Addict

Comment

Yeah they do! IFPI released an official 7.5m shipments figure for GGGB though

Comment

Originally posted by 04wayne
                                                  Yeah they do! IFPI released an official 7.5m shipments figure for GGGB though
                                                  Yes, I guess that I have underestimated US, UK and French sales a little bit.

BTW has there been any announcement about her new album?
                                                  Madonna Addict

Comment

Originally posted by beyoncelover1
                                                    by boy rihanna sucks she canit really sing did you see her disturbia vma performace corny compare thta to beyonce ring the alarm vmas rihanna needs this ablum to be big our shes going to be out of the big names in the game she need about 6 more albums so she can work on the voice she sounds like she has a cold when she sings ooo yea ever one search a web site called RIHANNA SUCKS dont start dramming in the beyonce post because B fans bring it
                                                    You better don't waste your time here.

Comment

OMG, you only done Rihanna, Beyonce, Pink, etc? Do you have the similar for Elvis? That would be amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by nelson
                                                        OMG, you only done Rihanna, Beyonce, Pink, etc? Do you have the similar for Elvis? That would be amazing.
                                                        For some reason I feel that you are relatively ironic towards me for no clear reason.

So I guess that I'll simply ignore you like almost everybody on UKMIX...
                                                        Madonna Addict

Comment

Originally posted by nelson
                                                          For some reason I feel that you are relatively ironic towards me for no clear reason.

So I guess that I'll simply ignore you like almost everybody on UKMIX...
                                                          aww <3

Comment

AyuM is that a picture of Beyonce or Madonna?

Comment

Wow, I didnt thnk she sold that much!

Originally posted by gbgb808
                                                              Originally posted by beyoncelover1
                                                              You better don't waste your time here.
                                                              Dont worry 'beyoncelover1' has been blocked now lol.

AyuM is that a picture of Beyonce or Madonna?
                                                              Thats def Madonna
                                                              Beyhive #5491

Comment

Working...
                                                              X