Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Brown :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Ireland

    40 (re) Forever

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by LoveCB
      Originally posted by Justdance
      Do u guys think he will ever get like an era like Justin TImberlakes Sex Love, or Usher COnfessions? Is that even possible anymore (for album sales)? His talented to an extent, I like to watch him live but his vocals r a mess. Is the gum endorsment done, i know they said that they suspended his endorsment but i haven't heard anything since?

      Off topic, why is him and Rihanna so close all the sudden, is he workin on anythin in NY?? i'm not sayin that he should make his life revolve around Rih but as long as she is around the incident will come up again.
      I would like to see him reach the highs of Justin Timberlake and Usher, his very talented like them and I think he has the potential to go far.
      He can not sing like Usher nor can he write and sing like Justin, let alone produce, so no he's not nearly as talented. He can dance... he puts on a good show, but that says nothing to his artistry. I actually wish to see more from Ne-Yo, who always seems poised for superstardum as an artist but REFUSES to promote himself much as an artist. You never see Ne-Yo do much. And if not Ne-Yo, Mario would be great. Chris IMO is very overrated!
      I was waiting for Bey to drop so she could show that T&A arent the only ones smashing album SALES!!!

      Comment


      • #63
        He might be a bit overrated but his personality attracts fans, he knows how to personable with ppl. But that artist of the year win at the AMA's was straight up bull.We can't say that his career is over or that he will be bigger than what he was, we have to wait, let the album come out see the result. Good luck!

        Comment


        • #64
          Australia

          Singles Chart
          28 (re) Forever

          Digital Track Chart
          26 (re) Forever

          Urban Album Chart
          18 (32) Exclusive

          Urban Singles Chart
          9 (35) Forever

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by danbarj
            Originally posted by LoveCB
            Originally posted by Justdance
            Do u guys think he will ever get like an era like Justin TImberlakes Sex Love, or Usher COnfessions? Is that even possible anymore (for album sales)? His talented to an extent, I like to watch him live but his vocals r a mess. Is the gum endorsment done, i know they said that they suspended his endorsment but i haven't heard anything since?

            Off topic, why is him and Rihanna so close all the sudden, is he workin on anythin in NY?? i'm not sayin that he should make his life revolve around Rih but as long as she is around the incident will come up again.
            I would like to see him reach the highs of Justin Timberlake and Usher, his very talented like them and I think he has the potential to go far.
            He can not sing like Usher nor can he write and sing like Justin, let alone produce, so no he's not nearly as talented. He can dance... he puts on a good show, but that says nothing to his artistry. I actually wish to see more from Ne-Yo, who always seems poised for superstardum as an artist but REFUSES to promote himself much as an artist. You never see Ne-Yo do much. And if not Ne-Yo, Mario would be great. Chris IMO is very overrated!
            Great points and if Chris wasn't as handsome as he is, he'd be over by now.

            Comment


            • #66
              ^well maybe he's a bit overrated, and he doesn't sing really that good, even sometimes he just sounded awful

              But the other hand i can say he's a really good songwriter. Rihanna won't have a number one single with Disturbia without him. And also Chris wrote Mary J Blige's latest hit "Stronger" - and it is such a great wonderful song IMO. Plus, he dances really well.

              But yeah, that's your opinion. I respect that

              Comment


              • #67
                UK
                64 (re) Forever

                Comment


                • #68
                  The word Overrated could be said about any other artist like Beyonce, I love Beyonce but I also think she's overrated not in a bad way, I also think Rihanna is very overrated and many others, whether I like them or not.

                  His young and has many years to improve, although I think his already really good at what he does at his age anyway

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by abi
                    ^well maybe he's a bit overrated, and he doesn't sing really that good, even sometimes he just sounded awful

                    But the other hand i can say he's a really good songwriter. Rihanna won't have a number one single with Disturbia without him. And also Chris wrote Mary J Blige's latest hit "Stronger" - and it is such a great wonderful song IMO. Plus, he dances really well.

                    But yeah, that's your opinion. I respect that
                    I see what you're saying, but to be honest, I am a stickler for technicality. He doesn't write these songs on his own. He co-writes them. And, granted, Ne-Yo does to but to a different degree. He can compose, arrange and write the lyrics... I haven't seen Chris do that yet.
                    I was waiting for Bey to drop so she could show that T&A arent the only ones smashing album SALES!!!

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by abi
                      UK
                      64 (re) Forever
                      That's great it re-enter now. I hope it will keep climbing next week, please!

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        I think his New abum will probably sell 1.5-1.7 mill in the US and 2.5 mill worldwide. First week sales will probably be 300-350k. That's just what i picutre n my mind!

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by Justdance
                          I think his New abum will probably sell 1.5-1.7 mill in the US and 2.5 mill worldwide. First week sales will probably be 300-350k. That's just what i picutre n my mind!
                          I guess he can sell 5 million in US with the right promotion, with longevity, just look at Taylor Swift she's not having huge weekly sales, but has longevity.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by nelson
                            Originally posted by Justdance
                            I think his New abum will probably sell 1.5-1.7 mill in the US and 2.5 mill worldwide. First week sales will probably be 300-350k. That's just what i picutre n my mind!
                            I guess he can sell 5 million in US with the right promotion, with longevity, just look at Taylor Swift she's not having huge weekly sales, but has longevity.
                            I just love your sarcasm

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by nelson
                              Originally posted by Justdance
                              I think his New abum will probably sell 1.5-1.7 mill in the US and 2.5 mill worldwide. First week sales will probably be 300-350k. That's just what i picutre n my mind!
                              I guess he can sell 5 million in US with the right promotion, with longevity, just look at Taylor Swift she's not having huge weekly sales, but has longevity.
                              she had huge weekly sell... she had the highest first week by female artist in 2008, she reached 2mil within two months

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                21 20 BROWN*CHRIS FOREVER 50975 3 49728 2557061

                                Comment


                                • #76
                                  Switzerland
                                  38 (re) Forever

                                  Comment


                                  • #77
                                    I think he's going to go through the Britney Blackout effect. His personal life will overshadow his career, esp. if he gets back with her.

                                    Comment


                                    • #78
                                      Chris needs to take a break for 2 years and then make a comeback.

                                      Comment


                                      • #79
                                        Originally posted by flofan
                                        Chris needs to take a break for 2 years and then make a comeback.
                                        No!!! With today's climate, artist to make a year break or half a year break to make more money from the album, it's not like selling 10 m in 70s-90s that artists can make a 2 years break.

                                        Comment


                                        • #80
                                          Originally posted by flofan
                                          Chris needs to take a break for 2 years and then make a comeback.
                                          I personally can't wait another two years, it's not like the album isn't finished, it's be pushed back for one reason unfortunately, look what happen to Usher, a four year break hurt his career, times is changing, you can't take long breaks, people get bored and move on, to the next best thing.

                                          Comment


                                          • #81
                                            Ireland

                                            47 (40) Forever

                                            Comment


                                            • #82
                                              Originally posted by LoveCB
                                              Originally posted by flofan
                                              Chris needs to take a break for 2 years and then make a comeback.
                                              I personally can't wait another two years, it's not like the album isn't finished, it's be pushed back for one reason unfortunately, look what happen to Usher, a four year break hurt his career, times is changing, you can't take long breaks, people get bored and move on, to the next best thing.
                                              U sher's album was not as successful because he did not have hit singles on his album. Not because of the break. If Chris wants to release this yr he better have some good hits. ppl might be hesitant at first to buy the album but if he is stable and has at least 4 hit songs sales will go up.

                                              Comment


                                              • #83
                                                Originally posted by Justdance
                                                Originally posted by LoveCB
                                                Originally posted by flofan
                                                Chris needs to take a break for 2 years and then make a comeback.
                                                I personally can't wait another two years, it's not like the album isn't finished, it's be pushed back for one reason unfortunately, look what happen to Usher, a four year break hurt his career, times is changing, you can't take long breaks, people get bored and move on, to the next best thing.
                                                U sher's album was not as successful because he did not have hit singles on his album. Not because of the break. If Chris wants to release this yr he better have some good hits. ppl might be hesitant at first to buy the album but if he is stable and has at least 4 hit songs sales will go up.
                                                Thanks for saying that. I am so tired of people saying Usher wasn't successful because he was gone for too long. He routinely takes long breaks... so does Alicia Keys. Everyone doesnt have to come out with a record every 1.5 to 2 years.

                                                He simply didnt have the material and I say this as a die hard Usher. I hope he comes back hard and continues to school the younger cats.

                                                As for Chris Brown - I also agree. Hits will make or break his career. I think he can successfully outlive the rumour, but I do seriously hope that his voice matures. He has singing technique, but terrible tone. I wish him the best though. I really think he should lay low for a while and then come hard with something... same for Ne-Yo... lay low then come out.
                                                I was waiting for Bey to drop so she could show that T&A arent the only ones smashing album SALES!!!

                                                Comment


                                                • #84


                                                  http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=64099

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #85
                                                    Australia
                                                    17 (28) Forever

                                                    Comment


                                                    • #86
                                                      And you'll be glad to know that it's just been certified 2 x Platinum.

                                                      Comment


                                                      • #87
                                                        Originally posted by innocenteyes
                                                        And you'll be glad to know that it's just been certified 2 x Platinum.
                                                        wooooooooo so it's his second double platinum single after With You.

                                                        Do you know where can i see the full single & album charts? seems like we have to sign up to access ARIA Official Website :-?

                                                        Comment


                                                        • #88
                                                          I only have the Top 50 singles chart that Bulion posted at australiancharts.com unfortunately.

                                                          Comment


                                                          • #89
                                                            Originally posted by Justdance
                                                            Originally posted by LoveCB
                                                            Originally posted by flofan
                                                            Chris needs to take a break for 2 years and then make a comeback.
                                                            I personally can't wait another two years, it's not like the album isn't finished, it's be pushed back for one reason unfortunately, look what happen to Usher, a four year break hurt his career, times is changing, you can't take long breaks, people get bored and move on, to the next best thing.
                                                            U sher's album was not as successful because he did not have hit singles on his album. Not because of the break. If Chris wants to release this yr he better have some good hits. ppl might be hesitant at first to buy the album but if he is stable and has at least 4 hit songs sales will go up.
                                                            I know what you mean but it didn't help that he took so long and came back with non hit records, I like Usher but was disappointed, if Chris comes back with not good material, I would be disappointed too but a 4 year break, didn't do Usher any favours imo

                                                            Comment


                                                            • #90
                                                              Originally posted by innocenteyes
                                                              I only have the Top 50 singles chart that Bulion posted at australiancharts.com unfortunately.


                                                              Hope they will change their mind tomorrow, Oh damn I don't wanna register to a site.

                                                              Comment

                                                              Working...
                                                              X