Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vanacoring
    Originally posted by calotte12

So when Sony will deliver his albums, MJ sales next week will be better than this one ?
    In effect it's possible to have again a massive week with this excellent management of Sony ! This major is better is his death than in the last years of his life...
    Albums still sell better through their physical form, unlike singles, so there will be a huge increase in his album sales!! At least 50%-60%... So he will retain the #1 position in many countires for at least a second week.

++Do you believe that Man in the Mirror has the potential to top the Hot 100? it's #1 for many days now on itunes and i think that it's enjoying a lot of airplay in the US.!

also it just fell off the top spot of the UK itunes because Evacuate the Dancefloor is now #1... does that mean that Man in the Mirror is no longer likely to top the UK Top 75 next week??
    Madonna Addict

Comment

JACKO SALES FIREWORKS: With the top three albums in sales this week, Sony Music shipped a total of 1 million Michael Jackson CDs over the past five days, and is currently manufacturing to fill another 2 million in back orders. More than 2.4 million Jackson tracks were downloaded over the same period, giving the late performer a staggering—and unprecedented—48 places on the Top 200 Digital Songs chart. In other words, one of every four songs is either a Michael Jackson or Jackson 5 song. (7/1p)

Comment

incredible success of digital tracks! btw his singles now with the sales like that deserve new certification for digital sales definitely

Comment

he's really such a massive catalogue seller on individiual digital tracks, 2songs over 1M copies and plenty of 500k, it's truly phenomenal, p.e. Madonna did not even score 500k on digital basis for any song

Comment

MJ Dangerous,

At last you followed my advice! It's much better having this new thread where you can see all the important sales at a glance on page 1.

keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by tada
              incredible success of digital tracks! btw his singles now with the sales like that deserve new certification for digital sales definitely
              Agree : it's magical sales !

Comment

Originally posted by PriorMusic
                One of the world's best-known composers, conductors and arrangers, Jones has worked with such recording artists as Frank Sinatra, Dizzy Gillespie, Ray Charles and Michael Jackson, and such actor/producers as Bill Cosby and Oprah Winfrey. Jones has won 27 Grammy Awards and been nominated a record 79 times. He was honored with a Grammy "Legend" Award in 1991. Jones is perhaps best known as the producer of Michael Jackson's "Thriller," which sold 109 million copies and for being the force behind the creation of the 1985 hit record "We Are The World," which benefited victims of wide-spread famine in Ethiopia.
                http://news.prnewswire.com/ViewContent. ... 264&EDATE=

Comment

i'm glad that some singles from "Bad" that did not receive standard Gold certification for physical shipments are not allowed to obtain digital certification!!

Comment

CROATIA

Top 50 Comprehensive Albums

Thriller 25th
                    #14 (RE) (New Peak)

Top 40 international Albums

Thriller 25th
                    #2 (+36) (New Peak)

The Essential
                    #14 (New Entry)

CZECH REPUBLIC

Top 50 Albums

Thriller 25th

#19 (RE)

Top 50 Ringtones

Heal The World

#30 (New Entry)

HUNGARY

Top 40 Albums

Thriller 25th

#12 (RE) (New Peak)

King Of Pop

#18 (RE) Gold (3,000)

Comment

Thursday Update Top 40 Only

Singles

1 Michael Jackson [MITM] 37.3k
                      2 Cascada 34.9k
                      3 La Roux 32.8k

Top 10
                      MJ [BJ]

Top 15
                      MJ [Thriller]
                      MJ [Smooth Criminal]

Top 20
                      MJ [Beat It]
                      MJ [Black or White]

Top 30
                      MJ [Dirty Diana]
                      MJ [Earth Song]
                      MJ [You Are Not Alone]
                      MJ [The Way You Make Me Feel]

Top 40
                      MJ [Don't Stop 'Till You Get Enough]
                      MJ [Bad]
                      38 MJ [They Don't Care About Us]

=====================================

Albums

1 La Roux 39.4k
                      2 Michael Jackson [No.1s] 24.5k
                      3 Michael Jackson [The Essential] 23.5k
                      4 Kasabian 15.7k
                      5 Michael Jackson [KOP] 14.4k

Top 10
                      Michael Jackson [Thriller]
                      MJ [Off The Wall]

Top 15
                      Michael Jackson [Thriller 25]

Top 30
                      MJ [History - Past Present and Future Book 1]
                      BEYONCE 120.000.000 Records Worldwide

Beyoncé is Billboard Female Artist of the Decade!

Comment

For all Michael Jackson fans (and the rest of us...):

Michael Jackson 1984 Special Billboard Issue

Comment

Cascada and La Roux are catching Michael Jackson up, and the chances of him getting a new No1 single are getting slimmer by the day.

So if you're in the UK and wanna support the King of Pop, buy a copy of Man In The Mirror TODAY!!

On another note, there are currently 13 singles inside the Top 40, so it looks likely that Jacko could smash Elvis record of 6 (or is it 7?) singles in the Top 40 at once.

Comment

Originally posted by bobmoo79

So if you're in the UK and wanna support the King of Pop, buy a copy of Man In The Mirror TODAY!!
                            Totally agree ! And it's valable for all the countries !

Comment

Stocking issues are very visible on UK midweeks. Number Ones still unavailable almost everywhere and is selling slowly. The Essential has probably be re-stocked in several places: it climbs 6.5K today, almost as much as La Roux at 1 (7.2K).

Lower, Off The Wall climbs from top 15 to top 10, Thriller 25 from top 30 to top 15 and History from top 40 to top 30. We may have some good surprises by the end of the week.
                              25 June 2009, the day the Music died

Comment

Originally posted by MJDangerous
                                Stocking issues are very visible on UK midweeks. Number Ones still unavailable almost everywhere and is selling slowly. The Essential has probably be re-stocked in several places: it climbs 6.5K today, almost as much as La Roux at 1 (7.2K).

Lower, Off The Wall climbs from top 15 to top 10, Thriller 25 from top 30 to top 15 and History from top 40 to top 30. We may have some good surprises by the end of the week.
                                Apparently yes. Like you said yesterday, the only problem for his sales is the stock of the stores. Now the reaction of Sony is very strong all around the world so all is possible !

Comment

Apparently yes. Like you said yesterday, the only problem for his sales is the stock of the stores. Now the reaction of Sony is very strong all around the world so all is possible !
                                  I hope it will reach #1.

Comment

Making Chart History

Originally posted by Billboard

Comment

Originally posted by Edu
                                      For all Michael Jackson fans (and the rest of us...):

Michael Jackson 1984 Special Billboard Issue
                                      That's amazing.

Comment

Billboard Hot Singles Recurrents

#1 Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
                                        #2 Michael Jackson - Thriller
                                        #3 Michael Jackson - Man In The Mirror
                                        #4 Michael Jackson - The Way You Make Me Feel
                                        #5 Michael Jackson - Beat It
                                        #6 Michael Jackson - Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
                                        #7 Michael Jackson - P.Y.T.
                                        #8 Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal
                                        #9 Michael Jackson - Black Or White
                                        #10 Michael Jackson - Rock With You

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/c ... Recurrents

Comment

Well MJ would still have been at nr 1 in the album chart if either the"king of pop", "the essential" or "number ones" didn't exist.

It's quite clear that his 3 greatest hits are all selling steadily. If only "Number Ones" would exist it would be close to 70 000 copies already.

Comment

Just out of interest, how many MJ fans here have purchased a copy of an album/song that they already own, and if you have, why? I'm trying to get my head around why so many people are running out and buying albums and songs that they weren't interested in buying this time last week. I already own all of his albums and compilations, so I haven't bought any MJ product this week.

Comment

Billboard Catalog Chart

#1 Michael Jackson - Number Ones - 108,000
                                              #2 Michael Jackson - Essential Michael Jackson - 102,000
                                              #3 Michael Jackson - Thriller - 101,000
                                              #4 Michael Jackson - Off The Wall - 33,000
                                              #5 Jackson 5 - Ultimate Collection - 18,000
                                              #6 Michael Jackson - Bad - 17,000
                                              #7 Michael Jackson - Dangerous - 14,000
                                              #8 Michael Jackson - Greatest Hits: HIStory - Volume 1 - 12,000
                                              #9 Michael Jackson - Ultimate Collection - 11,000

#11 Jackson 5 - The Best Of Jackson 5: 20th Century Masters The Millennium Collection
                                              #13 Michael Jackson - HIStory: Past, Present And Future Book 1
                                              #19 The Jacksons - The Jacksons Story: Number 1's
                                              #21 Michael Jackson - Invincible
                                              #22 Michael Jackson - Blood On The Dance Floor: HIStory In The Mix

Comment

Originally posted by davez
                                                Well MJ would still have been at nr 1 in the album chart if either the"king of pop", "the essential" or "number ones" didn't exist.

It's quite clear that his 3 greatest hits are all selling steadily. If only "Number Ones" would exist it would be close to 70 000 copies already.
                                                Totally. At the United States with only "Number Ones" and without the others compilations it would be around 250k !

Comment

Originally posted by Carta
                                                  Just out of interest, how many MJ fans here have purchased a copy of an album/song that they already own, and if you have, why? I'm trying to get my head around why so many people are running out and buying albums and songs that they weren't interested in buying this time last week. I already own all of his albums and compilations, so I haven't bought any MJ product this week.
                                                  I own almost none Jackson legal products (I had them all but my brother kept them all when he got a house), I haven't purchase a single one since his death. I have everything on my computer. I know that I will buy all his albums sooner or later anyway so I don't worry about it.

Most people buying his records now are either young public discovering him now (that includes 18 years old people who know him very well but never really known the artist) or 'old' fans, people who were fans 1979-1993 but lost their interest on him and are now buying his records again.

Comment

Most people buying his records now are either young public discovering him now (that includes 18 years old people who know him very well but never really known the artist) or 'old' fans, people who were fans 1979-1993 but lost their interest on him and are now buying his records again.
                                                    Or fans of always like me just for a tribute and to see him at the top for the last time !

Comment

JAPAN
                                                      38[Re] Thriller 25th anniversary Special edition-Michael Jackson 4,403 [ 108,683 ] 19 wks
                                                      52[Re] King Of Pop[Japanese edition]-Michael Jackson 3,659 [ 43,288 ] 14 wks
                                                      83[Re] Number Ones-Michael Jackson 1,887 [ 155,462 ] 16 wks
                                                      96[Re] The Essential Michael Jackson-Michael Jackson 1,559 [ 19,209 ] 8 wks
                                                      152[Re] Thriller 25th anniversary Limited Japanese Single Collection-Michael Jackson 995[2,233] 2wks
                                                      Thanks to Mario
                                                      BEYONCE 120.000.000 Records Worldwide

Beyoncé is Billboard Female Artist of the Decade!

Comment

I own almost none Jackson legal products (I had them all but my brother kept them all when he got a house), I haven't purchase a single one since his death. I have everything on my computer. I know that I will buy all his albums sooner or later anyway so I don't worry about it.

Hmmmm...it's a bit of a sweeping statement, but there's probably a lot of truth to it! There's also probably a lot of major fanatics who are rushing out and buying extra copies, but for what reason I don't really understand. There are definitely campaigns to get him to #1 on the UK singles charts, though...

Comment

Hmmmm...it's a bit of a sweeping statement, but there's probably a lot of truth to it! There's also probably a lot of major fanatics who are rushing out and buying extra copies, but for what reason I don't really understand. There are definitely campaigns to get him to #1 on the UK singles charts, though...
                                                          I have follow a few Jackson boards after his death, to be honest most fans haven't admit his death until 2-3 days ago. I can't see most of them buying records last Friday for example. I think that most sales achieved on last week sales were from the 2 'groups' I referred to, real fans may have started to pick up his records by now yet and should represent a good % of sales for the upcoming weeks.

Comment

Or fans of always like me just for a tribute and to see him at the top for the last time !
                                                            YEAP thats right.

I really want to see him #1100 no. 1 in UK as well. Shame wont unlikely happen
                                                            KUBA'S CHART

Comment

I never been a fan, but i replaced my Bad & Thriller cassettes (both bought in the late 80s via Euroclub) with cds only yesterday...
                                                              "La strada, il cielo e l'inquietudine compagna.
                                                              Non possiedo altro che la mia anima.
                                                              Ma ha amato troppo".

Comment

Working...
                                                              X