Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vanacoring
    Originally posted by MJDangerous
    Stocking issues are very visible on UK midweeks. Number Ones still unavailable almost everywhere and is selling slowly. The Essential has probably be re-stocked in several places: it climbs 6.5K today, almost as much as La Roux at 1 (7.2K).

Lower, Off The Wall climbs from top 15 to top 10, Thriller 25 from top 30 to top 15 and History from top 40 to top 30. We may have some good surprises by the end of the week.
    Apparently yes. Like you said yesterday, the only problem for his sales is the stock of the stores. Now the reaction of Sony is very strong all around the world so all is possible !
    I hope it will reach #1.

Comment

Making Chart History

Originally posted by Billboard
      25 June 2009, the day the Music died

Comment

Originally posted by Edu
        For all Michael Jackson fans (and the rest of us...):

Michael Jackson 1984 Special Billboard Issue
        That's amazing.

Comment

Billboard Hot Singles Recurrents

#1 Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
          #2 Michael Jackson - Thriller
          #3 Michael Jackson - Man In The Mirror
          #4 Michael Jackson - The Way You Make Me Feel
          #5 Michael Jackson - Beat It
          #6 Michael Jackson - Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
          #7 Michael Jackson - P.Y.T.
          #8 Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal
          #9 Michael Jackson - Black Or White
          #10 Michael Jackson - Rock With You

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/c ... Recurrents

Comment

Well MJ would still have been at nr 1 in the album chart if either the"king of pop", "the essential" or "number ones" didn't exist.

It's quite clear that his 3 greatest hits are all selling steadily. If only "Number Ones" would exist it would be close to 70 000 copies already.

Comment

Just out of interest, how many MJ fans here have purchased a copy of an album/song that they already own, and if you have, why? I'm trying to get my head around why so many people are running out and buying albums and songs that they weren't interested in buying this time last week. I already own all of his albums and compilations, so I haven't bought any MJ product this week.

Comment

Billboard Catalog Chart

#1 Michael Jackson - Number Ones - 108,000
                #2 Michael Jackson - Essential Michael Jackson - 102,000
                #3 Michael Jackson - Thriller - 101,000
                #4 Michael Jackson - Off The Wall - 33,000
                #5 Jackson 5 - Ultimate Collection - 18,000
                #6 Michael Jackson - Bad - 17,000
                #7 Michael Jackson - Dangerous - 14,000
                #8 Michael Jackson - Greatest Hits: HIStory - Volume 1 - 12,000
                #9 Michael Jackson - Ultimate Collection - 11,000

#11 Jackson 5 - The Best Of Jackson 5: 20th Century Masters The Millennium Collection
                #13 Michael Jackson - HIStory: Past, Present And Future Book 1
                #19 The Jacksons - The Jacksons Story: Number 1's
                #21 Michael Jackson - Invincible
                #22 Michael Jackson - Blood On The Dance Floor: HIStory In The Mix

Comment

Originally posted by davez
                  Well MJ would still have been at nr 1 in the album chart if either the"king of pop", "the essential" or "number ones" didn't exist.

It's quite clear that his 3 greatest hits are all selling steadily. If only "Number Ones" would exist it would be close to 70 000 copies already.
                  Totally. At the United States with only "Number Ones" and without the others compilations it would be around 250k !

Comment

Originally posted by Carta
                    Just out of interest, how many MJ fans here have purchased a copy of an album/song that they already own, and if you have, why? I'm trying to get my head around why so many people are running out and buying albums and songs that they weren't interested in buying this time last week. I already own all of his albums and compilations, so I haven't bought any MJ product this week.
                    I own almost none Jackson legal products (I had them all but my brother kept them all when he got a house), I haven't purchase a single one since his death. I have everything on my computer. I know that I will buy all his albums sooner or later anyway so I don't worry about it.

Most people buying his records now are either young public discovering him now (that includes 18 years old people who know him very well but never really known the artist) or 'old' fans, people who were fans 1979-1993 but lost their interest on him and are now buying his records again.

Comment

Most people buying his records now are either young public discovering him now (that includes 18 years old people who know him very well but never really known the artist) or 'old' fans, people who were fans 1979-1993 but lost their interest on him and are now buying his records again.
                      Or fans of always like me just for a tribute and to see him at the top for the last time !

Comment

JAPAN
                        38[Re] Thriller 25th anniversary Special edition-Michael Jackson 4,403 [ 108,683 ] 19 wks
                        52[Re] King Of Pop[Japanese edition]-Michael Jackson 3,659 [ 43,288 ] 14 wks
                        83[Re] Number Ones-Michael Jackson 1,887 [ 155,462 ] 16 wks
                        96[Re] The Essential Michael Jackson-Michael Jackson 1,559 [ 19,209 ] 8 wks
                        152[Re] Thriller 25th anniversary Limited Japanese Single Collection-Michael Jackson 995[2,233] 2wks
                        Thanks to Mario
                        BEYONCE 120.000.000 Records Worldwide

Beyoncé is Billboard Female Artist of the Decade!

Comment

I own almost none Jackson legal products (I had them all but my brother kept them all when he got a house), I haven't purchase a single one since his death. I have everything on my computer. I know that I will buy all his albums sooner or later anyway so I don't worry about it.

Hmmmm...it's a bit of a sweeping statement, but there's probably a lot of truth to it! There's also probably a lot of major fanatics who are rushing out and buying extra copies, but for what reason I don't really understand. There are definitely campaigns to get him to #1 on the UK singles charts, though...

Comment

Hmmmm...it's a bit of a sweeping statement, but there's probably a lot of truth to it! There's also probably a lot of major fanatics who are rushing out and buying extra copies, but for what reason I don't really understand. There are definitely campaigns to get him to #1 on the UK singles charts, though...
                            I have follow a few Jackson boards after his death, to be honest most fans haven't admit his death until 2-3 days ago. I can't see most of them buying records last Friday for example. I think that most sales achieved on last week sales were from the 2 'groups' I referred to, real fans may have started to pick up his records by now yet and should represent a good % of sales for the upcoming weeks.

Comment

Or fans of always like me just for a tribute and to see him at the top for the last time !
                              YEAP thats right.

I really want to see him #1100 no. 1 in UK as well. Shame wont unlikely happen
                              KUBA'S CHART

Comment

I never been a fan, but i replaced my Bad & Thriller cassettes (both bought in the late 80s via Euroclub) with cds only yesterday...
                                "La strada, il cielo e l'inquietudine compagna.
                                Non possiedo altro che la mia anima.
                                Ma ha amato troppo".

Comment

Do you really think it will be the last time, though? Elvis and The Beatles have both had #1 albums since they died/broke up. Surely MJ will have another chance with another compilation down the track? Actually...maybe not, since Sony have released so many over the past five years that there are no more hits to include on a single compilation. Elvis and The Beatles had the benefit of having their major success in the vinyl era, so a new compilation was basically a new product. For MJ, everything's already been released, unfortunately, and in the US, the compilations were largely ignored by the general public. At least they're aware of them now!!

I guess with Thriller and Bad, a lot of those sales now are to people who may not have bothered buying the CD and now they want to revisit something that was important to them 20+ years ago...it's human nature, isn't it?

Comment

For MJ, everything's already been released.
                                    Well, what about several dozens of tracks he record for each album without selecting them in the end?

I'm sure loads of massive hits are waiting somewhere. When we think that a song like Earth Song wasn't selected for Bad and Dangerous albums, and that probably over 300 tracks of Jackson are unreleased, loads of potential hits are there.

Comment

I see no reason for buying his music. I have all of his studio albums (none of his countless compilations) The last Jackson related album I bought was Destiny and Triumph in 2003.

It's a bit sad that those 2 albums aren't bigger now, they're classic Jackson just like off the wall and thriller.

Comment

He has many songs left in the vaults but I don't think they will be anything good.
                                        From all the leftovers I heard over the years only "streetwalker" and "shout" were worth of getting into a regular album

Comment

Originally posted by carlo_thebest
                                          Thursday Update Top 40 Only

Singles

1 Michael Jackson [MITM] 37.3k
                                          2 Cascada 34.9k
                                          3 La Roux 32.8k
                                          Damn, they will catch him :( Shame there is NO CDs on MITM in shops.... it might sale about 100K if there would be cds for sale... :(
                                          KUBA'S CHART

Comment

For MJ, everything's already been released.
                                            Well, what about several dozens of tracks he record for each album without selecting them in the end?

I'm sure loads of massive hits are waiting somewhere. When we think that a song like Earth Song wasn't selected for Bad and Dangerous albums, and that probably over 300 tracks of Jackson are unreleased, loads of potential hits are there.
                                            I guess it will come down to an ownership issue, now. Did MJ actually submit these tracks to Sony or did he keep them for himself? If Sony never owned them, they can't release them. He did a deal with Sony for Thriller 25, but whether he owned any new material that he was working on is another matter.

"Earth Song" is a bit of an oddity. It was a smash in the UK and several European countries, but it was never released in the US and outside the UK, isn't really regarded as a classic. It's interesting that even thought it's his highest seller ever in the UK, it wasn't one of the most popular of his tracks there last week, not by a long shot.

You're right, though - there would be a lot of unreleased material out there that will no doubt do well based on the curiosity value. This just reinforces my original point that he should have more chances at reaching #1 in the future without people organising to get an old single to #1 now :-?

Comment

You're right, though - there would be a lot of unreleased material out...
                                              It's leaking day by day...
                                              "La strada, il cielo e l'inquietudine compagna.
                                              Non possiedo altro che la mia anima.
                                              Ma ha amato troppo".

Comment

I have follow a few Jackson boards after his death, to be honest most fans haven't admit his death until 2-3 days ago.
                                                I understand that even I was not a "fanatic". Me too I have a strange sensation since his death, like a big blank... And again now, seven days after, I look his videos and listen his songs all the days...

Comment

Yes, it's a very good news for Sony and all the industry ! Like for Elvis, in thirty years his music will be again everywhere !

Comment

• silly question but if Sony or wahtever would release a REMIX officially of , dunno, THRILLER feat. Rapper X and guest Y (LOL)....

would it also not be allowed to enter the charts in the TOP 100??

I mean its a remix, a re-recording?

The artist covers his OWN song! Not allowed to chart in this chart?
                                                    YOU cant blame nobody but YOU

Comment

Working...
                                                    X