Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christina Aguilera :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by myworld View Post

    Yes Glitter received its platinum certification for shipments of 1 million in the US, that's how it works for every artist.

    I mean Bionic only has 332k pure sales but its Gold, thanks to shipments and SPS (it obviously didn't get 168k units from streaming alone)
    ???
    Bionic is gold because - Album-equivalent unit - read about it
    Glitter was certified one month after it was released. And 20 years after its release, it has sold 700k (?) pure sales copies. I even doubt that with the SPS it has reached 1m units.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

      Well why talk about worldwide sales in a discussion about US numbers?

      Also There is no such thing as a worldwide certification so saying Femme Fatale is elegible for 2 * platinum cos it sold 2.4 million worldwide doesnt even make any sense.
      Was I talking to you? The OP understood, and I said about WW 2.4M+ sales and 2x platinum eligible in US now if it doesn't make sense to you it's not my problem as I wasn't even talking to you. Hope now this makes sense to you :
      2x Plat eligible or very close based on streaming + sales
      2.4M pure sales WW.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post

        ???
        Bionic is gold because - Album-equivalent unit - read about it
        Glitter was certified one month after it was released. And 20 years after its release, it has sold 700k (?) pure sales copies. I even doubt that with the SPS it has reached 1m units.
        You need to read too clearly, 1 million copies of Glitter were shipped out, the Platinum certif is based on shipments.

        Glitter was only made available on streaming in 2020 so it's streams are extremely low and irrelevant to any chart/certif in all honesty.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by myworld View Post

          You need to read too clearly, 1 million copies of Glitter were shipped out, the Platinum certif is based on shipments.

          Glitter was only made available on streaming in 2020 so it's streams are extremely low and irrelevant to any chart/certif in all honesty.
          And you don't see what I wrote? That it's not fair. The album did not sell as many copies, yet it was certified platinum. No shade for Mariah, I think "thinking ahead" is just plain stupid and unfair. So what if shipments were sent and the copies of this album did not sell out anyway?

          Compare the soundtracks:
          Burlesque (779k pure sales - 2019) vs Glitter (666k - 2018)
          Streaming: Burlesque: 370m vs Glitter: less than 10m

          Burlesque was doomed to fail at the time of release and Glitter was not. Ironically

          Comment


          • Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post

            Bitter? I am not the one who creates a fake account on Ukmix. It's just that these certificates aren't fair.
            Why would they be unfair? “Glitter” shipped 1 million and was certified according to RIAA rules of shipments.

            And “Femme Fatale” is actually elegible to 2x Platinum so it’s basically an undercertified album these days.

            ——

            If Xtina’s debut album isn’t certified Diamond is because it neither shipped or sold 10 million. Numbers are out and it’s under 10M and years to go for Diamond.
            Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
            Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

            Comment


            • Originally posted by britneylinda View Post

              Was I talking to you? The OP understood, and I said about WW 2.4M+ sales and 2x platinum eligible in US now if it doesn't make sense to you it's not my problem as I wasn't even talking to you. Hope now this makes sense to you :
              2x Plat eligible or very close based on streaming + sales
              2.4M pure sales WW.
              Femme Fatale isnt 2 times platinum elegible in the US.
              " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
              Baby maybe you're the problem "

              Comment


              • Ok. We've had enough off topic today.

                Bringing other artists here for no reason (let alone with really bad examples) seems clearly baiting.

                Stay on topic, please. Last warning.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

                  Why would they be unfair? “Glitter” shipped 1 million and was certified according to RIAA rules of shipments.

                  And “Femme Fatale” is actually elegible to 2x Platinum so it’s basically an undercertified album these days.

                  ——

                  If Xtina’s debut album isn’t certified Diamond is because it neither shipped or sold 10 million. Numbers are out and it’s under 10M and years to go for Diamond and shipments were not there either.

                  Suppose artist X, who is very popular, has released an album and 2m copies of his album have been shipped to the stores. Only 600k copies were sold. The album is certified 2x platinum. Is this fair?

                  Last edited by likeidogoldlink; Sat January 29, 2022, 20:12.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                    Femme Fatale isnt 2 times platinum elegible in the US.
                    Okay.
                    Do read Mr. Leonix above comment for more clarity. You need to be updated rather than saying anything
                    Last edited by britneylinda; Sat January 29, 2022, 20:13.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post


                      Suppose artist X, who is very popular, has released an album and 2m copies of his album have been shipped to the stores. Only 600k copies were sold. The album is certified 2x platinum. Is this fair?
                      That’s how RIAA works
                      Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

                        That’s how RIAA works
                        I do not deny the success of these ladies, but write that it is unfair.
                        CA - 9.7m SPS - no diamond certificate
                        Glitter - 750k? SPS (almost non-existent streams, 571k pure sales of Rainbow single) - platinum certified album

                        Strange and incomprehensible to me.

                        Comment


                        • Edit - did not see mod note
                          Last edited by InFamous; Sat January 29, 2022, 20:44.
                          " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                          Baby maybe you're the problem "

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post


                            Suppose artist X, who is very popular, has released an album and 2m copies of his album have been shipped to the stores. Only 600k copies were sold. The album is certified 2x platinum. Is this fair?

                            As far as I am aware, record shops have a grace period in which they can return over shipped albums, but once that passes the albums cannot be returned and are counted. Thats why so many of those overshipped albums end up in bargain bins and three for ten dollar offers in record shop corners.

                            I agree with you that the RIAA system is flawed but they have always counted sales as Sales from record company to store, while Billboard and Soundscan count sales to actual consumers/ customers.
                            Last edited by InFamous; Sat January 29, 2022, 20:45.
                            " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                            Baby maybe you're the problem "

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                              Not a reliable source.
                              Not interested on dragging this anymore! We are the ones who work on her charts and sales, so it's not my job to make an outsider believe. Go read the forum for several pages, you will find estimations as well. Now this is Christina's topic, so don't mess this up.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post

                                Glitter - 700k pure sales (Platinum | October 16, 2001)
                                Femme Fatale - 750k pure sales? (Platinum | April 29, 2011)

                                Pls
                                Femme Fatale is eligible 2x platinum thanks to streams and digital sales tho... things that Christina debut would never be close to diamond without

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by myworld View Post

                                  Yes Glitter received its platinum certification for shipments of 1 million in the US, that's how it works for every artist.

                                  I mean Bionic only has 332k pure sales but its Gold, thanks to shipments and SPS (it obviously didn't get 168k units from streaming alone)
                                  Sales Plus Streams includes Equivalent Digital Sales... Bionic sold for sure over 1 million track sales in the US, the 168,000 is most likely to have most part coming from digital sales

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                                    As far as I am aware, record shops have a grace period in which they can return over shipped albums, but once that passes the albums cannot be returned and are counted. Thats why so many of those overshipped albums end up in bargain bins and three for ten dollar offers in record shop corners.

                                    I agree with you that the RIAA system is flawed but they have always counted sales as Sales from record company to store, while Billboard and Soundscan count sales to actual consumers/ customers.
                                    100 % agree.

                                    Originally posted by pedrolabre View Post

                                    Femme Fatale is eligible 2x platinum thanks to streams and digital sales tho... things that Christina debut would never be close to diamond without
                                    I have the impression that some people have a reading problem.

                                    FF was certified in 2011. Did the album-equivalent unit exist then?

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

                                      Why would they be unfair? “Glitter” shipped 1 million and was certified according to RIAA rules of shipments.

                                      And “Femme Fatale” is actually elegible to 2x Platinum so it’s basically an undercertified album these days.

                                      ——

                                      If Xtina’s debut album isn’t certified Diamond is because it neither shipped or sold 10 million. Numbers are out and it’s under 10M and years to go for Diamond.
                                      Exactly. At this rate it'll take almost a decade for Xtina's debut to go Diamond so I don't get how it isn't fair that the RIAA isn't certifying it 9 years in advance.

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post

                                        100 % agree.



                                        I have the impression that some people have a reading problem.

                                        FF was certified in 2011. Did the album-equivalent unit exist then?
                                        i get what u said, the album is overshipped, but this has nothing to do with the fact that Christina's debut is not diamond

                                        Debuts are rarely overshipped

                                        and i dont know from where you took that her debut sold over 8 million copies within a year

                                        Christina Aguilera sold 3,662,905 during 1999

                                        and did not made the top 10 best selling album from US in 2000, which the 10th best selling album sold less than 3.8M copies

                                        sure, it was certified 8x platinum "16 months" after its release, but theses are shippments numbers for sure, im certain that the album sold during 2001-2003 and that must have pushed its shippements, but for diamond? no

                                        8x Multi-Platinum | December 14, 2000
                                        7x Multi-Platinum | August 22, 2000
                                        6x Multi-Platinum | March 3, 2000
                                        5x Multi-Platinum | January 5, 2000
                                        4x Multi-Platinum | December 13, 1999
                                        3x Multi-Platinum | November 8, 1999
                                        2x Multi-Platinum | September 24, 1999
                                        Platinum | September 24, 1999
                                        Gold | September 24, 1999

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by pedrolabre View Post

                                          i get what u said, the album is overshipped, but this has nothing to do with the fact that Christina's debut is not diamond

                                          Debuts are rarely overshipped

                                          and i dont know from where you took that her debut sold over 8 million copies within a year

                                          Christina Aguilera sold 3,662,905 during 1999

                                          and did not made the top 10 best selling album from US in 2000, which the 10th best selling album sold less than 3.8M copies

                                          sure, it was certified 8x platinum "16 months" after its release, but theses are shippments numbers for sure, im certain that the album sold during 2001-2003 and that must have pushed its shippements, but for diamond? no

                                          8x Multi-Platinum | December 14, 2000
                                          7x Multi-Platinum | August 22, 2000
                                          6x Multi-Platinum | March 3, 2000
                                          5x Multi-Platinum | January 5, 2000
                                          4x Multi-Platinum | December 13, 1999
                                          3x Multi-Platinum | November 8, 1999
                                          2x Multi-Platinum | September 24, 1999
                                          Platinum | September 24, 1999
                                          Gold | September 24, 1999
                                          CA was the 8th best-selling album in the US in 2000.

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post

                                            CA was the 8th best-selling album in the US in 2000.

                                            Chart related maybe, since billboard year-end chart starts its track on november 1999

                                            but for 2000 year sales according to soundscan it did not sold enough to be among the 10 best selling albums

                                            TOP TEN SELLING ALBUMS OF 2000
                                            Title / Artist Units Sold Title / Artist Units Sold
                                            1. No Strings Attached / ‘N Sync 9,936,104
                                            2. Marshall Mathers LP / Eminem 7,921,107
                                            3. Oops!…I Did It Again / Britney Spears 7,893,544
                                            4. Human Clay / Creed 6,587,834
                                            5. Supernatural / Santana 5,857,824
                                            6. Beatles 1 / Beatles 5,068,300
                                            7. Country Grammar / Nelly 5,067,529
                                            8. Black & Blue / Backstreet Boys 4,289,865
                                            9. Dr. Dre 2001 / Dr. Dre 3,992,311
                                            10. Writing’s On The Wall / Destiny’s Child 3,802,165
                                            https://web.archive.org/web/20130602...d-mp3-com.html

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by pedrolabre View Post

                                              Chart related maybe, since billboard year-end chart starts its track on november 1999

                                              but for 2000 year sales according to soundscan it did not sold enough to be among the 10 best selling albums



                                              https://web.archive.org/web/20130602...d-mp3-com.html
                                              Billboard vs random website.


                                              Btw, Country Grammar, debut album, similar sales (8,4m vs 9,2m, sales of BMG Music Club counted), similar streaming (150m streams more than CA on Spotify), singles with lower sales than CA singles. Explain this example to me.

                                              Comment


                                              • You keep conveniently ignoring the fact that CA was never available at Columbia House, which was a bigger club than Sony BMG. It's as simple as that. And that's not a random website but Nielsen's 2000 year end report. Billboard goes by Nielsen.

                                                The denial is too much.

                                                Comment


                                                • Time to give some infractions.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Topic is now open again.

                                                    Pedrolabre and likeidogoldlink received infractions for ignoring my instructions of staying on topic and stop bringing other artists. likeidogoldlink has been banned for a week after reaching 100 infraction points.

                                                    For the last time, please move on, all of you.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X