Christina Aguilera :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

But Xtina hasn't gotten a 100million song since 2013 so what makes you think she could get one in the 20s? ... And as a solo artist? Even less likely.
    Why not? Cher managed to get number one after 30 years. Nobody expected it. Xtina released the song in 2018, which already has 52m streams. And it will hit 100m in 5 years (on average it has 30k a day for a year). Songs to Mulan (yes, one more will be released) have a good chance of success.

Since 2013, Christina (since the SS) has released 2 full-fledged singles. ;-) If you count songs like Haunted Heart (ordinary song that was on the soundtrack), as singles then... well.

I remind you that Christina had a long break in that decade.

Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Ari Lennox

Comment

• If you expect the song from Mulan to get 100m streams on Spotify and it only has 3.2m now... Put yourself in hibernation because it ain't happening for a long time. Even a single Beyonce song from LK is yet to reach 50m. And she is a much bigger streamer and the movie will definitely end up as a bigger success than whatever Mulan does. You need a perspective.
      I have received many gifts from God,
      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post
        The song from Mulan has reached over 100k daily streams for a month. I hope that the film will help and this song will reach 100m. Then X will have songs over 100m streams in 4 decades. Only Legend X.
        Only 96.7 million streams to go.

Comment

Songs to Mulan (yes, one more will be released) have a good chance of success.

Since 2013, Christina (since the SS) has released 2 full-fledged singles. ;-) If you count songs like Haunted Heart (ordinary song that was on the soundtrack), as singles then... well.
          As for the Mulan songs, I think that movie is ruined after all that happened with the Coronavirus, once the movie gets relesed eventually the momentum and hype won't ever be the same IMO but even if the movie does great it doesn't mean it is a guarantee for the song to do good just because, "The Lion King" grossed $1,6 Billion at the Box Office yet Beyoncé's "Spirit" hasn't crossed 50million yet.

.. Also I'm pretty sure Xtina has released way more than just 2 singles since 2013.
          Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
            If you expect the song from Mulan to get 100m streams on Spotify and it only has 3.2m now... Put yourself in hibernation because it ain't happening for a long time. Even a single Beyonce song from LK is yet to reach 50m. And she is a much bigger streamer and the movie will definitely end up as a bigger success than whatever Mulan does. You need a perspective.

Mandy Moore songs (from Tangled) have over 100m streams. And the fact that Beyonce did not manage to do it just shows what a flop her album was.
            I am optimistic about the future of Christina's songs. The fact that after 1 month without any promotion it managed to have over 100k streams every day is a good sign for me. Everything has been paused - music video, premiere in theaters - everything. And the fact that the film will come out next year, because it can happen is difficult.

Comment

• You're comparing a song from a cartoon that's also a musical? OK.

Comment

• And I did not say that these songs will reach 100m in a month. It may take time, there is hope that everything will stabilize and start promotion.
                She still releases songs, unlike some who are retired (and her fans are extremely active in another fandom because they are bored by the lack of news, I understand that)

And if you're so sure check it out, Google is free. Fall in Line and Fall on Me are full-fledged singles with a music video. Of which FIL was not even sent to the radio, nor did this song get support from Spotify.

Comment

• The song has been out for 3 weeks and she even performed it on Jimmy Kimmel. Can it get worse than 100k streams a day? I'm not sure why you're acting like those numbers are good. 700k streams a week for a brand new song is abysmal, to say the least.

Where did these crazy expectations that Christina can outstream Beyoncé come from? If Liberation barely hitting 100 million streams after a year is anything to go by, she's streaming poison.

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                    You're comparing a song from a cartoon that's also a musical? OK.
                    Not to mention "Tangled" was released 10 years ago.
                    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

Not to mention "Tangled" was released 10 years ago.
                      So what? Did I write that songs from Mulan will hit 100m in a month? No.

A decade is a decade. The song was released by Xtina in the 4th decade of her career.

Comment

So what? Did I write that songs from Mulan will hit 100m in a month? No.
                        Say 2031 and then maybe I could believe you.

Comment

Say 2031 and then maybe I could believe you.
                          Maybe 2040 and what? At least she releases new music. And this song has a chance to hit 100m. I see potential, you don't have to.

Comment

• As for the "Fall in Line" comparison....it seems like she's been on a constant decline since "Liberation". Both "Accelerate" and "Fall in Line" charted on the bubbling under chart, something her last three singles ("Fall on Me", "Haunted Heart" and "Loyal Brave True") failed to achieve. To put things into prespective, "Accelerate" has more streams than those three songs combined as of now (18 million).

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                              As for the "Fall in Line" comparison....it seems like she's been on a constant decline since "Liberation". Both "Accelerate" and "Fall in Line" charted on the bubbling under chart, something her last three singles ("Fall on Me", "Haunted Heart" and "Loyal Brave True") failed to achieve. To put things into prespective, "Accelerate" has more streams than those three songs combined as of now (18 million).
                              It is a pity that only FOM is single ... it's the same as if I were to compare Toxic to Outrageous. Here I see a huge drop in the number of streams, right?

Accelerate is a promotional song. Without anything support. What do you want to call it single, well.
                              All in all, no song since 2013 has received a decent dose of promotion of today (i.e. radio and Spotify support), and it had potential on Itunes (which is dead, but still is. Number one is number one)

Comment

• In 2040 Xtina definitely won't be the only artist with 100m songs on Spotify in 4 decades anyway. So mute point.

Comment

• You probably have a problem reading. I am not saying that Xtina will be the only artist who will do this. Only Legend X is just a saying. Someone will do it, lmao.

Comment

Accelerate is a promotional song. Without anything support. What do you want to call it single, well.
                                    "Accelerate" was released as a single.

Comment

You probably have a problem reading. I am not saying that Xtina will be the only artist who will do this. Only Legend X is just a saying. Someone will do it, lmao.

You need to stop biting, that is what they want, they want a dialogue, stop giving it to them, I stopped years ago, it's kinda funny to be honest.

Just be glad, we as a fanbase don't embarrass ourselves going on about old radio peaks and sales information from 10-20 years ago over and over again.

The older I get the less and less charts & sales seem to matter but some of us are children who can't move on, very sad stuff.

Christina Aguilera is a superstar who needs to prove herself to no one.

Last edited by Ewokguy15; Fri April 3rd, 2020, 00:10.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post
                                        You need to stop biting, that is what they want, they want a dialogue, stop giving it to them, I stopped years ago. Christina Aguilera is a superstar who needs to prove herself to no one.
                                        You are absolutely right. X doesn't have to prove anything. She made history as one of the greatest singer of all time. She inspired the younger generation of musicians. And its commercial success is just an add-on.

I finish the dialogue with people who are pressed by Xtina (and well, it shows her status by the way). :-D

Comment

• Ok, time for all of you to move on, before there's a round of infractions.
                                          Thanks.

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Burlesque, Beautiful Trauma, Beyonce, 4

Only Xtina, Pink and Beyonce (girls from the early 2000s generation) have albums where all songs have streams over 10m. Zero collaboration on this album, all songs are solo. Too bad the song by Xtina and Cher would be epic. I think nobody is missing here. Only talented singers.

Burlesque:
                                              25,2m - Something's Got a Hold on Me
                                              26,9m - Tough Lover
                                              18,4m - But I Am a Good Girl
                                              12,2m - Guy What Takes His Time
                                              36,2m - Express
                                              40,1m - Bound to You (it wasn't even a single, slay)
                                              47,5m - Show Me How You Burlesque
                                              10,1m - The Beautiful People

In addition, all these albums were Grammy nominated. Quality. And all are at least eligible for platinum. RCA, update Xtina certificates, because it's a joke how she is treated. Platinum albums in 3 decades.

Last edited by likeidogoldlink; Mon April 6th, 2020, 12:21.

Comment

• Solo or not, that's great to see.

Burlesque was a great project for her.

Comment

• Does anybody know her single sales digital and physical in US?

Comment

• Christina aguilera DIAMOND or 10x platinum
                                                    Stripped 5x platinum but i think more maybe 6x platinum
                                                    My kind of Christmas platinum
                                                    Back to basics 3x platinum
                                                    Keeps getting better gold maybe platinum
                                                    Bionic gold
                                                    Lotus gold
                                                    Burlesque platinum
                                                    Lotus gold

Comment

Working...
                                                    X