Christina Aguilera :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brainmaniac View Post
    source ? stripped outsold .... nd back to basics was huge too .... Christina was huge in 2000s she outsold other foregein divas ...
    She did not outsell other female artist.
    She had very very successful era with Stripped but she was not best selling artist of 2000.

Britney Spears is the best selling female artist 2000-2009 WW.
    Last FM <3
    Instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by brainmaniac View Post
      source ? stripped outsold .... nd back to basics was huge too .... Christina was huge in 2000s she outsold other foregein divas ...
      Best-selling artists of the 2000's in the UK (albums)

01 ROBBIE WILLIAMS 13,065,783
      02 WESTLIFE
      03 COLDPLAY 9,190,189
      04 TAKE THAT
      05 EMINEM 7,373,972
      06 MICHAEL JACKSON 7,339,085
      07 THE BEATLES
      08 MADONNA 6,938,889
      09 OASIS
      10 U2
      11 ROD STEWART
      12 DIDO
      13 RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS
      14 ELVIS PRESLEY 5,728,071
      15 DAVID GRAY
      16 STEREOPHONICS
      17 SNOW PATROL
      18 PINK
      19 QUEEN
      20 GREEN DAY
      21 THE KILLERS
      22 KYLIE MINOGUE
      23 KINGS OF LEON
      24 WILL YOUNG
      25 SUGABABES
      26 BOB DYLAN
      27 MICHAEL BUBLE
      28 SCISSOR SISTERS
      29 BRITNEY SPEARS
      30 RONAN KEATING
      31 KEANE
      32 JAMES BLUNT
      33 NORAH JONES
      34 AMY WINEHOUSE
      35 REM
      36 BLUE
      37 IL DIVO
      38 ANDREA BOCELLI
      39 BLACK EYED PEAS
      40 FOO FIGHTERS
      41 GIRLS ALOUD
      42 ANASTACIA
      43 KATIE MELUA
      44 ELTON JOHN
      45 TRAVIS
      46 PINK FLOYD
      47 ABBA
      48 LEONA LEWIS
      49 MUSE
      50 DAVID BOWIE 3,390,394
      https://forums.digitalspy.com/discus...les-and-albums

As you can see, Xtina was not even Top 50 overall. Nor Top 10 for female acts...

1. Madonna
      2. Dido
      3. P!nk
      4. Kylie Minogue
      5. Sugababes
      6. Britney Spears
      7. Norah Jones
      8. Amy Winehouse
      7. Girls Aloud
      8. Anastacia
      9. Katie Melua
      10. Leona Lewis

I'm not sure where you keep getting your numbers from.

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
        Best-selling artists of the 2000's in the UK (albums)

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discus...les-and-albums

As you can see, Xtina was not even Top 50 overall. Nor Top 10 for female acts...

1. Madonna
        2. Dido
        3. P!nk
        4. Kylie Minogue
        5. Sugababes
        6. Britney Spears
        7. Norah Jones
        8. Amy Winehouse
        7. Girls Aloud
        8. Anastacia
        9. Katie Melua
        10. Leona Lewis

I'm not sure where you keep getting your numbers from.
        Based on this strange evidence - where is the official source? Xtina is the thirtieth overall and twelfth female artist, ninth solo female artist. Xtina only released 2 studio albums.
        In the period 2000-2009, Stripped was the second best selling album by a foreign female artist in the UK.
        Nobody is saying that Xtina has been the most popular female artist in the UK for a decade, but her peak was bigger than her peers. Except Eminem and some rock bands.

Brainmaniac is a troll and I have a feeling this account is owned by one of you. After what you post on Twitter about Xtina, nothing will surprise me.
        Last edited by likeidogoldlink; Fri October 23, 2020, 23:04.
        Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Lauren Hill/Rosalía/Nina Simone/Patti Smith/Kali Uchis

Comment

• Yes. It does look like a troll account. But now I am really interested to see who was the best selling female that decade. I am sure it was Madonna.

Comment

• I wouldn’t be surprised if Instinct was in fact Brainmaniac, we all know about his Xtina bashing on Twitter and always seems to chime in straight after Brainmaniac spouts some nonsense.

Comment

• Originally posted by babyshower View Post
              Yes. It does look like a troll account. But now I am really interested to see who was the best selling female that decade. I am sure it was Madonna.
              Of course, Madonna and the fact that it was her third decade in her career completely amazes me. There is only one Queen of Pop - Madonna.
              Had Xtina released more albums (and did not take such breaks), maybe she would have won this crown in the UK. But I'm glad she has the Stripped album - huge era.
              Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Lauren Hill/Rosalía/Nina Simone/Patti Smith/Kali Uchis

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post

Based on this strange evidence - where is the official source? Xtina is the thirtieth overall and twelfth female artist, ninth solo female artist. Xtina only released 2 studio albums.
                In the period 2000-2009, Stripped was the second best selling album by a foreign female artist in the UK.
                Nobody is saying that Xtina has been the most popular female artist in the UK for a decade, but her peak was bigger than her peers. Except Eminem and some rock bands.

Brainmaniac is a troll and I have a feeling this account is owned by one of you. After what you post on Twitter about Xtina, nothing will surprise me.
                What strange evidence? The source is right there. And you're looking at the singles list. We're talking about albums.

The 50th biggest album act of the 2000's sold 3.4 million albums. As of 2013, Xtina had sold a total of 3.3 million albums in the UK, including her debut, Bionic, Burlesque and Lotus. Clearly, she wasn't Top 50, let alone #30. Having one big album isn't enough to "outsell her peers", like brainmaniac claimed.

Comment

What strange evidence? The source is right there. And you're looking at the singles list. We're talking about albums.

The 50th biggest album act of the 2000's sold 3.4 million albums. As of 2013, Xtina had sold a total of 3.3 million albums in the UK, including her debut, Bionic, Burlesque and Lotus. Clearly, she wasn't Top 50, let alone #30. Having one big album isn't enough to "outsell her peers", like brainmaniac claimed.
                  '...like @Instinct claimed.'

Comment

• I don't know why it was so trendy to take such huge hiatus after career peaks back then. Nelly Furtado, Avril Lavigne and Norah Jones are other examples.

Comment

• Originally posted by babyshower View Post
                      I don't know why it was so trendy to take such huge hiatus after career peaks back then. Nelly Furtado, Avril Lavigne and Norah Jones are other examples.
                      In Avril's case she had problems with her record label, forcing her to change the whole record multiples times, what was supposed to be released in late 2008/early 2009 was pushed forward to 2011.

Comment

• Also worth mentioning that, in spite of all of its success and longevity, it's pretty frustrating to see how Stripped managed to peak "only" at #2. Would've been great to see it reaching #1. Were CD discounts already a thing un 2003?

In Ireland the album spent two non consecutive weeks at #2. There were like two months in between.

Comment

Digital Spy is not a reliable source according to nympho.
                          He just said that on the previous page.

Also I think what that person meant was that she outsold with one album,ie had the biggest selling album not that she was the biggest selling of the decade which she obviously was not.

Comment

• nympho surely it’s time to ban Brainmaniac, it couldn’t be more obvious it’s Instinct doing his thing, you have been threatening him for months. Pull the trigger!
                            Last edited by Ewokguy15; Sat October 24, 2020, 01:15.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Digital Spy is not a reliable source according to nympho.
                              He just said that on the previous page.
                              Except that it's a list on their forum section, supposedly copied from buzzjack chart forum from a Music Week article... Which, if true, would be a 100% reliable source.
                              Not coming from Digitalspy website.

Comment

• Let me lock the thread temporarily so we can discuss what to do with this mess and what to do with certain members in here.

Comment

• No evidence of brainmaniac to be Instinct or any other double account.

So Ewokguy15 & likeidogoldlink stop accusing other members without any evidence. If you ever have a feeling some user can be a dupe or troll account, contact the moderators or admins.

brainmaniac You’ve been warned so many many times to stop with that extreme stan attitude, to relax your tone and manners when replying to other members and stop bringing fake or inflated numbers... But you keep acting the same way. This is your last warning.

Now, please, move on. Back to topic.

Comment

• 20 Years of "My Kind Of Christmas"!

• #28 on the Billboard 200
                                    • #1 on the US Billboard Holiday Albums chart
                                    • "The Christmas Song" peaked at #18 on the Hot 100
                                    • the 2nd best-selling Christmas album of 2000 in the US
                                    • certified Platinum in the US, certified Gold in South Africa
                                    • 136.7 million streams on Spotify
                                    • 1.4 million copies sold worldwide (according to ChartMasters)
                                    Last edited by JeremySpears; Sat October 24, 2020, 17:44.
                                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Come On Over (All I Want Is You) now has 50m streams on Spotify.
                                      + the Spanish version has almost 13m of streams.

Comment

• You Lost Me now has 90m views on YouTube.
                                        Reflection (2020) now has 10m streams on Spotify.

Comment

• "Loyal Brave True" hits Top 10 on Adult Contemporary format!!
                                          Last edited by esswein; Thu October 29, 2020, 20:25.

Comment

• Haunted Heart: 5,256,077 (+43,146)

Comment

• Can't Hold Us Down now has 40m streams on Spotify.

Comment

• Haunted Heart
                                                iTunes:
                                                #785 United States (-71)

Apple Music:
                                                #63 Canada (+310)
                                                #112 Sweden (NE)
                                                #131 United States (+729)
                                                #134 Finland (+206)
                                                #154 Norway (NE)
                                                #175 Luxembourg (NE)
                                                #222 Denmark (NE)
                                                #341 Netherlands (NE)
                                                #447 Germany (NE)
                                                #467 Belgium (NE)
                                                #475 Spain (NE)

Comment

• Haunted Heart: 5,381,163 (+125,086)

Comment

• My Kind of Christmas
                                                    2.11.2020 - 137,095,059 (+72,374)

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
                                                    2.11.2020 - 65,661,150 (+33,548)

This Christmas
                                                    2.11.2020 - 42,123,084 (+32,932)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X