#442 Philippines (NE)
      #554 United Kingdom (-26)
      UK stanning!

+ Album: My Kind of Christmas
      iTunes:
      #528 United States (NE)
      Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

• Do we know Christina’s My Kind Of Christmas era certifications that we know of? For the album and any songs we know.
        Britney, X-tina, Lana, Janet, Spice Girls, Kylie, Dannii

Comment

• Originally posted by adamf2thedeath View Post
          Do we know Christina’s My Kind Of Christmas era certifications that we know of? For the album and any songs we know.
          For the album, 1x Platinum in US and basically a flop everywhere else.

According to Chartmasters it sold 1,4 million copies worldwide (pure sales).
          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• I don’t know for other countries but here in Europe we are not into Christmas song, they are still played in malls and on Christmas night but that’s it, no crazy release, no Christmas albums.

Comment

• I feel like songs from this album are played in the uk in shops etc a lot but it doesn’t translate to any success sales wise in this country!
              Britney, X-tina, Lana, Janet, Spice Girls, Kylie, Dannii

Comment

• Originally posted by adamf2thedeath View Post
                I feel like songs from this album are played in the uk in shops etc a lot but it doesn’t translate to any success sales wise in this country!
                That's the same for a lot of Christmas Albums, look at Mariah's Christmas album, that's done nothing chart wise in the UK but she has one of the biggest Christmas songs there, it's because generally people like a Christmas song but don't really care about the artist themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post

That's the same for a lot of Christmas Albums, look at Mariah's Christmas album, that's done nothing chart wise in the UK but she has one of the biggest Christmas songs there, it's because generally people like a Christmas song but don't really care about the artist themselves.
                  Certifications in UK:

Michael Bublé - Christmas - 10x Platinum
                  Mariah Carey - Merry Christmas - 1x Platinum
                  Celine Dion - These Are Special Times - 1x Platinum
                  Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                  Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

it's because generally people like a Christmas song but don't really care about the artist themselves.
                    I wouldn't say that's necessarily the case thinking of Michael Buble's or Helene Fischer's Christmas albums. Their success is largely driven by the singers behind the songs.
                    Pro: freedom of speech
                    Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

For the album, 1x Platinum in US and basically a flop everywhere else.

According to Chartmasters it sold 1,4 million copies worldwide (pure sales).
                      Also certified Gold in South Africa according to Wikipedia.

I do wonder why that album didn’t do anything though? Was it because "Mi Reflejo" had just been released or what?
                      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Certifications in UK:

Michael Bublé - Christmas - 10x Platinum
                        Mariah Carey - Merry Christmas - 1x Platinum
                        Celine Dion - These Are Special Times - 1x Platinum
                        Exactly!!! an album is only just 1x Platinum for an album that holds the biggest Christmas song of our generation, good spotting.

I am sure Christina's Christmas album could have done better if she had shot a few videos or done any international promo for it, it was a phoned in album that I really don't think she wanted to do.

Buble is one of a kind, his Christmas album is a staple in the UK.
                        Last edited by Ewokguy15; Wed November 25, 2020, 01:28.

Comment

Exactly!!! an album is only just 1x Platinum for an album that holds the biggest Christmas song of our generation, good spotting.
                          I wouldn’t be surprised if the album is very close to 2x Platinum by now though.

Comment

I wouldn’t be surprised if the album is very close to 2x Platinum by now though.
                            What percentage would come from AIWFCIU SPS though, let's be honest here, before streaming, that album was hardly anything in the UK, still isn't.

UK is more a Christmas song place except for a new notable exceptions.

Comment

• Fighter
                              iTunes:
                              #56 Germany
                              #93 Switzerland
                              #905 United Kingdom

The song was performed on “The Masked Singer Germany” by the winner Sarah Lombardi yesterday.

Comment

• Album: Burlesque
                                iTunes:
                                #145 New Zealand (+2)
                                #150 United States (NE)
                                #155 Romania (NE)
                                #156 Luxembourg (-7)
                                #222 Austria (-59)
                                #268 Switzerland (-89)
                                #401 Australia (-22)
                                #402 United Kingdom (+319)

Apple Music:
                                #302 United Kingdom (+42)
                                #385 Australia (-53)
                                #441 Spain (NE)
                                #825 United States (+202)

Comment

• Reflection 2020 now has 20m views on YouTube.

Comment

• My Kind of Christmas
                                    24.11.2020 - 140,368,636 (+224,714)

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
                                    24.11.2020 - 67,142,984 (+102,388)

This Christmas
                                    24.11.2020 - 43,633,627 (+102,267)

​​​​​​​My Kind of Christmas
                                    25.11.2020 - 140,605,187 (+236,551)

25.11.2020 - 67,250,827 (+107,843)​​​​​​​

This Christmas
                                    25.11.2020 - 43,739,861 (+106,234)

Comment

• Don’t know when it started but Disney started promoting Mulan with a tv trailer with Loyal Brave True as soundtrack music

Comment

• Originally posted by XtinaAllTheWay View Post
                                        Don’t know when it started but Disney started promoting Mulan with a tv trailer with Loyal Brave True as soundtrack music
                                        What, promotion? Wow. I didn't know, but you can see tiny effects on Youtube.

SPOTIFY:
                                        Reflection 2020 - 12,837,900 (+106,349)
                                        LBT - 24,362,040 (+98,856)

YOUTUBE:
                                        Reflection 2020

2020/11/18 67,097
                                        2020/11/19 72,715
                                        2020/11/20 88,812
                                        2020/11/21 88,722
                                        2020/11/22 91,930
                                        2020/11/23 106,655
                                        2020/11/24 126,567

Comment

• Yes instead of the common Disney+ spot showing all their catalog they’re showing the Mulan trailer on Loyal Brave True !

Comment

• The views doubled on YT... okay good we’ll see when the movie is realised, do you think it will give a push like on September 4th ? A weaker one ? Or perhaps a stronger one since it will be free and available worldwide ?? Some countries have yet to see the movie at all so...

Comment

• Originally posted by XtinaAllTheWay View Post
                                              The views doubled on YT... okay good we’ll see when the movie is realised, do you think it will give a push like on September 4th ? A weaker one ? Or perhaps a stronger one since it will be free and available worldwide ?? Some countries have yet to see the movie at all so...
                                              I honestly don't know, hopefully.

Comment

Reflection : 12.951.008 ( +113,108 )
                                                Loyal Brave True : 24,462,658 ( +100,618 )

the numbers are slightly growing, probably due to the performance of the song in Germany during Mask Singer.

Comment

• Also « This Christmas » rised to #10 in her most listened songs on Spotify

Comment

• My Kind of Christmas
                                                    26.11.2020 - 140,887,841 (+282,657)

26.11.2020 - 67,377,269 (+126,442)

This Christmas
                                                    26.11.2020 - 43,868,960 (+129,099)

Starting December 1st, I will start updating her other songs on the album as I noticed Oh Holy Night and Christmas Time had better daily stats than a year ago.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X