No announcement yet.

Janet Jackson :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I grew up in Queens, New York. The mom and pop stores around my house at the time did not have scanning machines lol.

That's why I argue with hard sales of over 8 million for "janet.", it's weird anyone would believe that album isn't diamond, especially since it was certified for 6 million less than 11 months after release, 3 more singles followed and it charted until 1995.

Comment

• I always maintained that janet and RN are contenders for Diamond.

Comment

• Wish her team/label would do something about it

Comment

• Both of these are certified Gold with the RIAA as physical singles:

Black Cat SPS: 255,000

Alright SPS: 211,000

Comment

• Janet Jackson is the most undercertified artist in history

How many RIAA units these Janet Jackson records sold to date and how many units they sold from their original sales curious if anybody know?

Girlfriend/Boyfriend
            Feel It Boy
            What's It Gonna Be
            Luv Me, Luv Me
            So Excited
            Young Love
            Just A Little While
            Every Time
            You
            Whoops Now
            Son Of A Gun
            Twenty Foreplay
            I Want You
            Nothing
            Diamonds
            Love And My Best Friend
            What'll I Do
            Rock With U
            Don't Stand Another Chance
            Made For Now
            Dream Street
            Because Of Love
            Dammn Baby
            All Nite
            Make Me
            Go Deep
            Throb
            R&B Junkie
            With U
            Come On Get Up
            Funny How Time Flies
            Luv
            BURNITUP!
            State Of The World
            Can't B Good
            And On And On
            ​​​​​​​Don't Worry

Remix songs:

You Want This - MC Lyte Remix
            Together Again Deeper Remix
            I Get Lonely - Blackstreet Remix
            Someone To Call My Lover - So So Def Remix
            Son Of A Gun - P. Diddy Remix

Comment

• Janet Jackson has 28 Top 10 Hits on Billboard Hot 100 not 27 and if you want to be petty she has 29 Top 10 hits counting And On And On which is the B side of Any Time, Any Place I don't understand why Billboard don't treat Diamonds as a top 10 hit of Janet but it counts on the R&B charts like she even included the song on her greatest hits albums even.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nerd Score View Post
                Janet Jackson has 28 Top 10 Hits on Billboard Hot 100 not 27 and if you want to be petty she has 29 Top 10 hits counting And On And On which is the B side of Any Time, Any Place I don't understand why Billboard don't treat Diamonds as a top 10 hit of Janet but it counts on the R&B charts like she even included the song on her greatest hits albums even.
                I never understood why it was counted towards R&B and the Dance charts, but not Hot 100 as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by lovedeluxe View Post

I never understood why it was counted towards R&B and the Dance charts, but not Hot 100 as well.
                  It really is confusing...it is literally the SAME song.

Comment

Exactly and Billboard still won't change it

Comment

• All the new data goes to show how off Chart Masters are with their estimates . I'm not even sure how they come up with their numbers.

Comment

• Catching up:

Come Back To Me SPS: 246,000

janet album SPS: 7,451,000 - July 2018 figure was 7,301,000 - certified 6x Platinum - eligible for 8x Platinum+

That's The Way Love Goes SPS: 1,232,000 - Platinum as a physical single - Eligible for 2x Platinum digital

If SPS: 614,000 - Gold as a physical single - Eligible for Platinum digital

Comment

• How many singles so far are eligible for at least platinum certs now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bojan View Post
                            Physical Digital
                            Any Time, Any Place 500,000 408,000
                            Miss You Much 1,000,000 237,000
                            Feedback 1,022,000
                            All for You 306,000* 530,000
                            If 600,000 472,000
                            Escapade 500,000 370,000
                            Rhythm Nation 500,000 357,000
                            Black Cat 500,000 193,000

*sales for several weeks only

Are these sales currently how much units they sold to date?

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigham View Post
                              Catching up:

Come Back To Me SPS: 246,000

janet album SPS: 7,451,000 - July 2018 figure was 7,301,000 - certified 6x Platinum - eligible for 8x Platinum+

That's The Way Love Goes SPS: 1,232,000 - Platinum as a physical single - Eligible for 2x Platinum digital

If SPS: 614,000 - Gold as a physical single - Eligible for Platinum digital
                              Excellent!

With the BMG Music Club figures, the Janet album is at 8,314,000 units.

And That's The Way Love Goes is at 2.6M units.

Comment

• But... they argue diamond isn't possible... for an album from 1993. lol

It's last cert was April 1994.... it still became the #8 album of 1994 with no more certs. https://www.billboard.com/charts/yea...ard-200-albums
                                Last edited by lovedeluxe; Sun November 14, 2021, 21:15.

Comment

But... they argue diamond isn't possible... for an album from 1993. lol

It's last cert was April 1994.... it still became the #8 album of 1994 with no more certs. https://www.billboard.com/charts/yea...ard-200-albums
                                  Well, it wasn't available on Columbia House:

Specific Albums NOT Avalilable at Columbia House

- Bob Marley - Legend
                                  - Janet Jackson - Janet
                                  - Lionel Richie - Lionel Richie
                                  - Simply Red - Stars
                                  - Soundtrack - The Bodyguard
                                  - Soundtrack - Dirty Dancing

https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...columbia-house

Comment

• But what does that mean? I'll mention this again... "Brandy" 2.12 million via SoundScan, not in the BMG's Top 100 of all time, which means less than 200k there... would still bring it to only 2.3 million yet certified for 4 million. I doubt she sold 1.7 million though Columbia House.

http://www.mtv.com/news/1452903/got-...who-rocked-it/

https://www.riaa.com/gold-platinum/?...search_section

Comment

• Can someone make a list of Janet Jackson songs that are currently eligible for Gold and Platinum by the RIAA please and songs that are halfway to Gold.

Comment

• Originally posted by LostAvenger View Post

Specific Albums NOT Avalilable at Columbia House

- Bob Marley - Legend
                                        - Janet Jackson - Janet
                                        - Lionel Richie - Lionel Richie
                                        - Simply Red - Stars
                                        - Soundtrack - The Bodyguard
                                        - Soundtrack - Dirty Dancing

https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...columbia-house
                                        All those albums were avalilable at Columbia except Janet and Dirty Dancing

Comment

• Bodyguard was for sure: https://www.discogs.com/release/1252...undtrack-Album

Comment

It's a shame that Virgin argued with them when club sales were so high.

Comment

• Seems like BMG sold 20 Y.O. as well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274856721172

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274856711948

Comment

• Originally posted by Choley View Post

It's a shame that Virgin argued with them when club sales were so high.
                                                For the label it was probably a good thing. The deal with BMG was to not sell their albums for a penny but for full price. They probably made a lot more money by doing it that way. Especially since "janet." did 800k at full price while 99% of the catalog was 12 for a penny.

Comment

For the label it was probably a good thing. The deal with BMG was to not sell their albums for a penny but for full price. They probably made a lot more money by doing it that way. Especially since "janet." did 800k at full price while 99% of the catalog was 12 for a penny.
                                                  Well.. at the end of the day a Diamond is a Diamond

Comment

• Thanks for sharing, thebigham.

Originally posted by lovedeluxe View Post
                                                    How many singles so far are eligible for at least platinum certs now?
                                                    15 so far.

Multi-Platinum:
                                                    That's the Way Love Goes

Platinum:
                                                    Together Again
                                                    Miss You Much
                                                    Scream
                                                    Again
                                                    Control
                                                    If
                                                    I Get Lonely
                                                    I Want You
                                                    Runaway
                                                    Escapade
                                                    Nasty
                                                    Feedback
                                                    Rhythm Nation
                                                    What's it Gonna Be

"All for You" and "Any Time, Any Place" are most likely eligible to be certified platinum too. "When I think of You" and "Love Will Never Do (Without You)" are potentially eligible, if not, they will become soon.
                                                    Gone.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X