Mariah
      Barbra
      Whitney
      Britney
      Enya
      Shania
      Janet
      Adele
      Taylor will come inside top 10 right? 54M including her new releases?

Comment

• I've found a page about the sales and chart performance of the prominent american female music artists in South Africa. Here is Janet's performance on the South Africa singles chart ( as of 2003 ) :

Peak Single Title Weeks On Chart

#34 Young Love 4 weeks
        #40 Don't Stand Another Chance 8 weeks
        #7 Two The Power Of Love (With Cliff Richard) 15 weeks
        #3 What Have You Done For Me Latley 20 weeks
        #2 Nasty 18 weeks
        #5 When I Think Of You 17 weeks
        #2 Control 20 weeks
        #1 (1 week) Let's Wait Awhile 19 weeks
        #8 Diamonds 18 weeks
        #8 The Pleasure Principle 20 weeks
        #1 (3 weeks) Miss You Much 29 weeks
        #2 Rhythm Nation 15 weeks
        #4 Escapade 18 weeks
        #3 Alright 14 weeks
        #1 (1 week) Come Back To Me 27 weeks
        #7 Black Cat 9 weeks
        #3 Black Cat (Remix) 22 weeks
        #2 Love Will Never Do (Without You) 19 weeks
        #1 (1 week) State Of The World 22 weeks
        #3 The Best Things In Life Are Free (With Luther Vandross) 19 weeks
        #1 (9 weeks) That's The Way Love Goes 4 44 weeks
        #1 (2 weeks) If 17 weeks
        #3 Again 24 weeks
        #22 Because Of Love 7 weeks
        #4 Any Time, Any Place 21 weeks
        #19 You Want This 16 weeks
        #3 And On And On 17 weeks
        #6 What I'll Do 10 weeks
        #1 (7 weeks) Scream (With Michael Jackson) 2 15 weeks
        #9 Runaway 13 weeks
        #9 Twenty Foreplay 19 weeks
        #1 (4 weeks) Got 'Til It's Gone (With Q-Tip & Joni Mitchell) 20 weeks
        #1 (5 weeks) Together Again 37 weeks
        #3 I Get Lonely 22 weeks
        #20 Go Deep 11 weeks
        #33 Everytime 7 weeks
        #40 Velvet Rope 2 weeks
        #5 Luv Me Luv Me (With Shaggy) 17 weeks
        #7 What's It Gonna Be (With Busta Rhymes) 12 weeks
        #14 Girlfriend/Boyfriend (With Black Street, Ja Rule & Eve) 10 weeks
        #3 Doesn't Really Matter 19 weeks
        #1 (2 weeks) All For You 24 weeks
        #2 Someone To Call My Lover 23 weeks
        #17 Son Of A Gun, Featuring Missy Elliott, P. Diddy & Carly Simon 15 weeks
        #2 Feel It Boy Featuring Beenie Man 15 weeks

Comment

• Janet Jackson is the most successful international Western diva in South Africa , with 10 #1 singles spending a total of 35 weeks atop the chart.

Whitney is second with a total of 6 #1 singles spending 25 weeks at the summit of the chart.

Comment

• Originally posted by britneylinda View Post

Taylor will come inside top 10 right? 54M including her new releases?
            I think it's too soon to speak about her

Comment

• Originally posted by Choley View Post

I think it's too soon to speak about her
              How much you estimate for her?

Comment

How much you estimate for her?
                59 million with Chinese sales

Comment

59 million with Chinese sales
                  Thank you, I don't count chinese sale as we don't have sales of older acts to make a measurement even IFPI doesn't include them on the year end chart!

Comment

Janet will be inside top 10 for album sales forever, let's not confuse ourselves with SPS which some people randomly decided to add a certain number of streams to album units which most countries don't even have.
                    1. Madonna - 210M
                    2. Celine - 185-190M
                    3. Mariah Carey - 155M
                    4. Whitney - 145M (35M same from Bodyguard Soundtrack)
                    5. Barbara - 140M
                    6. Britney and Enya must be tied around the same album sales - 85M-90M, Britney might have some upper hand here but not sure.
                    7. Shania Twain - 70M
                    8. Janet - 70M+ too tied with Shania Twain so she'll be 7th too.
                    9. Adele - 65 + 5M (30 is doing good)
                    10. Taylor Swift - 54M+ (not including her china sales, mostly are inaccurate and sold for free like price - IFPI doesn't report them on year end charts)

Most likely, Adele can surpass Shania Twain or perhaps Janet but rest assured Janet will be under top 10 forever!
                    Actually , there's not that big gap between Céline's total of album sales and Mariah's, regarding their certified sales and officially verified reported sales. Mariah is at 175 million while Céline might be at 175-180 million. Madonna have to be at 190-200 million.

Well adding singles, Mariah has sold more than 35 million singles over Céline.
                    Last edited by Carlito; Thu January 20, 2022, 17:18.

Comment

• That entire females album seller list is about as false and inaccurate that I can't even comprehend.
                      Last edited by Nerd Score; Thu December 23, 2021, 05:03.

Comment

• Janet Jackson sales & charts in South Africa

1. Janet Jackson - No. 98, N/A
                        2. Dream Street - N/A
                        3. Control - No. 1 (2 weeks), 4× platinum (200,000)
                        4. Janet Jackson’s Rhythm Nation 1814 - No.1 (5 weeks), 5× platinum (250,000)
                        5. janet. - No. 1 (6 weeks), 6× platinum (300,000)
                        6. Design of a Decade - 1986/1996,” No. 2, 3× platinum (150,000)
                        7. The Velvet Rope - No. 1 (1 week), 2× platinum 100,000
                        8. All for You - No. 1 (3 weeks), 4× platinum (200,000)

When “All for You” sold a record-breaking 44,722 copies to enter at No. 1, Janet Jackson set a new record for the most weeks spent at No. 1 on the South African album chart, breaking Whitney Houston’s record to have a passing milestone record.

Janet Jackson’s Control, Janet Jackson’s Rhythm Nation 1814, janet., The Velvet Rope, and All for You, have spent a total of 17 weeks at No. 1 selling 1,200,000 albums. Janet also holds a record for the most No. 1 singles in South Africa: “ Let’s Wait Awhile,“ “Miss You Much,” “Come Back to Me,” “State of the World,” “That’s the Way Love Goes,” “If,” “Scream,” “Got ‘til It’s Gone,” “Together Again” and “All for You.” “That’s the Way Love Goes“ spent a record-breaking NINE WEEKS at No. 1 and became the biggest selling single by a female artist in the country.

In 1998, Janet had three sold-out stadium shows in South Africa. Performing in front of 220,000 people in Cape Town, Durban and Johannesburg, she became one of only three female artists who had sold-out stadium shows in North America, Europe, Asia, Oceania and Africa, along with Tina Turner and Céline Dion.

“Got 'til It’s Gone” spent four weeks at No. 1 on the singles chart.

Wow omg Janet is probably the most successful female artist or artist in general in South Africa so much success and record breakings she done there she still holds the record of having the most #1 hits in the country she needs to travel there again to show her face either in a tour or a random live performance there South Africa music market similar to the U.K. and somewhat the U.S. I wonder how much Damita Jo, 20 Y.O., Discipline, Number Ones & Unbreakable sold in South Africa the All For You era was the last era she was successful in South Africa surprise Damita Jo album not there that's really her last true era in terms of success and sales.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nerd Score View Post
                          That entire females album seller list is about as false and inaccurate that I can't even comprehend.
                          These are Wayne's number.

Comment

Janet Jackson sales & charts in South Africa

1. Janet Jackson - No. 98, N/A
                            2. Dream Street - N/A
                            3. Control - No. 1 (2 weeks), 4× platinum (200,000)
                            4. Janet Jackson’s Rhythm Nation 1814 - No.1 (5 weeks), 5× platinum (250,000)
                            5. janet. - No. 1 (6 weeks), 6× platinum (300,000)
                            6. Design of a Decade - 1986/1996,” No. 2, 3× platinum (150,000)
                            7. The Velvet Rope - No. 1 (1 week), 2× platinum 100,000
                            8. All for You - No. 1 (3 weeks), 4× platinum (200,000)

When “All for You” sold a record-breaking 44,722 copies to enter at No. 1, Janet Jackson set a new record for the most weeks spent at No. 1 on the South African album chart, breaking Whitney Houston’s record to have a passing milestone record.

Janet Jackson’s Control, Janet Jackson’s Rhythm Nation 1814, janet., The Velvet Rope, and All for You, have spent a total of 17 weeks at No. 1 selling 1,200,000 albums. Janet also holds a record for the most No. 1 singles in South Africa: “ Let’s Wait Awhile,“ “Miss You Much,” “Come Back to Me,” “State of the World,” “That’s the Way Love Goes,” “If,” “Scream,” “Got ‘til It’s Gone,” “Together Again” and “All for You.” “That’s the Way Love Goes“ spent a record-breaking NINE WEEKS at No. 1 and became the biggest selling single by a female artist in the country.

In 1998, Janet had three sold-out stadium shows in South Africa. Performing in front of 220,000 people in Cape Town, Durban and Johannesburg, she became one of only three female artists who had sold-out stadium shows in North America, Europe, Asia, Oceania and Africa, along with Tina Turner and Céline Dion.

“Got 'til It’s Gone” spent four weeks at No. 1 on the singles chart.

Wow omg Janet is probably the most successful female artist or artist in general in South Africa so much success and record breakings she done there she still holds the record of having the most #1 hits in the country she needs to travel there again to show her face either in a tour or a random live performance there South Africa music market similar to the U.K. and somewhat the U.S. I wonder how much Damita Jo, 20 Y.O., Discipline, Number Ones & Unbreakable sold in South Africa the All For You era was the last era she was successful in South Africa surprise Damita Jo album not there that's really her last true era in terms of success and sales.
                            These numbers aren't such a huge shock since she's had so many stadium tours there.

Have the other divas toured SA?

Comment

• Originally posted by lovedeluxe View Post

These numbers aren't such a huge shock since she's had so many stadium tours there.

Have the other divas toured SA?
                              Whitney,Celine,Mariah,Kylie,Toni Braxton and Rihanna did it

Comment

• Janet Jackson & Mariah Carey the only international female artists to sell over 1 million albums in South Africa however Janet is the best selling female artist in South Africa.

Comment

Janet Jackson & Mariah Carey the only international female artists to sell over 1 million albums in South Africa however Janet is the best selling female artist in South Africa.
                                  Celine is the best selling international female artist in SA and the whole Africa continent.

Comment

Celine is the best selling international female artist in SA and the whole Africa continent.
                                    In Record Sales "That's The Way Love Goes" still remains the best selling song by a female artist in South Africa and Janet has the most #1's in South Africa and the one of the only two female artist in South Africa to sell over 1 million albums but Janet Jackson, Celine Dion and Tina Turner the only 3 biggest touring acts that performed in Africa so Celine Dion does not have full advantage over Janet specifically and I can show you receipts.
                                    Last edited by Nerd Score; Thu December 23, 2021, 19:37.

Comment

Whitney,Celine,Mariah,Kylie,Toni Braxton and Rihanna did it
                                      Madonna?

Comment

• Madonna never toured South Africa nor doesn't have a big impact and in sales in South Africa since a lot of her music videos was banned there probably still and she has 0 #1 hits there probably the only place she ain't huge in wonder what's these women sales in India cause don't we all want to know about their music in other continents.

Comment

• Oh wow. Interesting that Kylie has toured there and Madonna hasn't, but I guess I can kinda see why her music maybe didn't have the same appeal there. It's not like she NEEDS that market, but interesting for sure.

Comment

• She never ever made a effort to ever even do live performances in Africa anyway but that's a lost for her she is known in Africa of course but she is not big at all there like her peers are.

Comment

Nope.Céline is not.Janet is the best selling female artist in Africa. Céline is fourth behind Janet, Mariah and Whitney . Céline's best selling female international artist in South Africa title comes from an event show announcement which is baseless. Certification sales from.professional music stats are far more reliable.

Comment

• Album certifications in South Africa

As for 2003
                                                Céline Dion

Peak Album Title Certifications
                                                #95 Unison n/a
                                                #82 Celine Dion n/a
                                                #39 The Colour of My Love n/a
                                                #5 Falling Into You Two Times Platinum
                                                #1 for 2 weeks Let's Talk About Love Three Times Platinum
                                                #20 These Are Special Times n/a
                                                #2 All the Way: A Decade of Song One Time Platinum
                                                #2 A New Day Has Come Gold
                                                #3 One Heart Gold

Madonna

#65 Madonna Gold
                                                #64 Like a Virgin Gold
                                                #77 True Blue Gold
                                                #91 Who's That Girl n/a
                                                #93 You Can Dance n/a
                                                #22 Like A Prayer Gold
                                                #49 Dick Tracy: "I'm Breathless" n/a
                                                #23 The Immaculate Collection One Time Platinum
                                                #28 Erotica Gold
                                                #12 Bedtime Stories One Time Platinum
                                                #32 Something to Remember Gold
                                                #25 Evita [Original Soundtrack] n/a
                                                #21 Ray Of Light Gold
                                                #19 Music Gold
                                                #11 GHV2: Greatest Hits Volume 2 Gold
                                                #8 American Life n/a

Whitney Houston

#1 for 5 weeks Whitney Houston Four Times Platinum
                                                #1 for 2 weeks Whitney Three Times Platinum
                                                #11 I'm Your Baby Tonight One Time Platinum
                                                #74 Star Spangled Banner n/a
                                                #1 for 7 weeks Bodyguard Six Times Platinum
                                                #2 Waiting to Exhale Two Times Platinum
                                                #19 Preacher's Wife Gold
                                                #10 My Love Is Your Love One Time Platinum
                                                #9 The Greatest Hits Gold
                                                #5 Just Whitney n/a

Mariah Carey

#49 Mariah Carey Gold
                                                #44 Emotions Gold
                                                #8 MTV Unplugged EP Two Times Platinum
                                                #6 Music Box Two Times Platinum
                                                #43 Merry Christmas Gold
                                                #6 Daydream Two Times Platinum
                                                #3 Butterfly One Time Platinum
                                                #22 #1's Gold
                                                #16 Rainbow One Time Platinum
                                                #11 Glitter [O.S.T] n/a
                                                #9 Charmbracelet n/a

Janet Jackson

#98 Janet Jackson n/a
                                                Didn't Chart Dream Street n/a
                                                #1 for 2 weeks Control Four Times Platinum
                                                #1 for 5 weeks Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation 1814 Five Times Platinum
                                                #1 for 6 weeks janet. Six Times Platinum
                                                #2 Design Of A Decade 1986/1996 Three Times Platinum
                                                #1 for 1 week The Velvet Rope Two Times Platinum
                                                #1 for 3 weeks All For You Four Times Platinum

Comment

• 2000/09/20 Doesn't Really Matter # 33 , 25 weeks, 83,210

That's definitely eligible for Gold in Japan

Comment

• Janet Jackson & Mariah Carey fans having a war on Twitter with Celine fans being who's the best selling female artist in Africa I know Janet is best selling global female artist in South Africa.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X