Top Catalog Digital Albums

#3 Control
    #8 Rhythm Nation
    #9 Design of a Decade 1986-1996
    #23 Icon
    #73 janet.
    #93 Unbreakable
    #156 The Velvet Rope
    Janet is such a legacy artist her old albums still competing with the current generation of artists.

Comment

• Lifetime has another airing on Thursday.

Hopefully that will allow her to chart next week too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nerd Score View Post

Janet is such a legacy artist her old albums still competing with the current generation of artists.
        It’s not a big deal. There are several legacy artists who appear on the charts EVERY week.

Comment

• 2/19 Billboard charts:

R&B-Hip Hop Digital Sales

#92 Escapade
          #99 That's the Way Love Goes

and...

janet. Sales Plus Streaming: 7,825,000 - certified 6x Platinum. Eligible for 8x Platinum with the RIAA. Probably 9xP...

Comment

• I m sorry but so much exposition for not even a top 100 in album sales, that's a huge failure.
            nobody cares about sub-charts such as I tunes or digital catalog charts lol
            #42 artist of the week with so much exposition, that's nothing to brag about, really. She should have been top 5 with so many albums in her catalog.
            She didn't even managed to rank a greatest hits, that says a lot.

Comment

• Great news!

I was just thinking how GOOD her SPS numbers are for her singles. It's such a shame almost ALL of her iconic videos were blocked until almost 2 years ago. That would have helped even more, but can't cry over it now. At least most are finally unblocked.

Comment

• Originally posted by facedown36 View Post
                I m sorry but so much exposition for not even a top 100 in album sales, that's a huge failure.
                nobody cares about sub-charts such as I tunes or digital catalog charts lol
                #42 artist of the week with so much exposition, that's nothing to brag about, really. She should have been top 5 with so many albums in her catalog.
                She didn't even managed to rank a greatest hits, that says a lot.
                Her greatest hits didn't chart because people were buying numerous albums! Had "Number Ones" been available, I don't doubt most of the sales would have gone into that.

Find something better to do than hate on Janet... it's getting weird.

She was the #10 overall female artist last week, and somehow you're still hating. Hate is boring!

Comment

• As of 2018

Originally posted by thebigham View Post
                  Through the 8/4 Billboard charts:

janet. (ALBUM)
                  Week ending July 26th, 2018

ALBUM SALES: 7,073,947 6xP
                  ALBUMS W/TEA 7,223,699
                  ALBUMS W/TEA W/SEA ON-DEMAND AUDIO 7,293,181
                  ALBUMS W/TEA W/SEA ON-DEMAND 7,301,242
                  STREAMING ON-DEMAND 121,813,377

53 copies last week
                  1,585 year-to-date

Comment

• Originally posted by hun View Post

It’s not a big deal. There are several legacy artists who appear on the charts EVERY week.
                    It's a big deal for Janet cause she's the only legacy artist that is still on there.

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigham View Post
                      2/19 Billboard charts:

R&B-Hip Hop Digital Sales

#92 Escapade
                      #99 That's the Way Love Goes

and...

janet. Sales Plus Streaming: 7,825,000 - certified 6x Platinum. Eligible for 8x Platinum with the RIAA. Probably 9xP...

Do you have current SPS of Control and RN?

Comment

• ^I do, but they are both pre-1991 albums so they are imcomplete.

Rhythm Nation was certified 6xP in Nov. 1992.

Sales Plus Streaming since 1993 is at 1,779,000.

Eligible for 7x Platinum with the RIAA. Probably 8xP.

Comment

• 6xP in 1992 without club sales(RIAA started counting club sales for certifications in 1995 if i'm not wrong)

1,779,000 SPS since 1993

1,100,000 BMG Club Sales

Total without Columbia House sales - 8,879,000

Probably over 1 million sales in Columbia House too

This is definitely eligible for Diamond imo
                          Last edited by Choley; Thu February 17, 2022, 15:51.

Comment

• Oh wow, RIAA didn't include club sales until 1995?! I never knew that! Can anyone confirm with a link/source?
                            Last edited by lovedeluxe; Thu February 17, 2022, 15:53.

Comment

• Originally posted by lovedeluxe View Post
                              Oh wow, RIAA didn't include club sales until 1995?! I never knew that!
                              Many catalog albums certified Diamond or higher in 1995 when RIAA started counting clubs
                              Last edited by Choley; Thu February 17, 2022, 15:57.

Comment

• Wow! You're right! Started 1994! I had no clue. 1814 will have a LARGE boost from BMG/Columbia House, it's at almost 9 without Columbia House!

Comment

• Control could be 8x Platinum while Janet could be 9x imo

Comment

• It's just wild that Janet has three albums eligible for 8x Platinum and she doesn't care.

Comment

• It will totally move her up the all-time list, considering how far behind she is. I had no idea about the RIAA 94/95 thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by lovedeluxe View Post
                                        It will totally move her up the all-time list, considering how far behind she is. I had no idea about the RIAA 94/95 thing.
                                        True. This is news to me as well. Her BMG music club numbers alone were huge. Then there is Columbia sales for Control, RN and DOAD which Im sure are sizeable too

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigham View Post
                                          It's just wild that Janet has three albums eligible for 8x Platinum and she doesn't care.
                                          A&M is just a lazy record label, I don't think we'll ever see updates like Michael's estate updates his frequently.

Comment

• Originally posted by red3269 View Post

True. This is news to me as well. Her BMG music club numbers alone were huge. Then there is Columbia sales for Control, RN and DOAD which Im sure are sizeable too
                                            For sure.

We know "Control" is close to 1 million via SoundScan 1993-on.
                                            BMG 883,000 (keep in mind BMG was still popular by the time they published their list.. doesn't mean sales were much higher, but it probably still sold more).
                                            Columbia House is probably similar to Control since the album was so big..

It should be at least x8, even though x9 wouldn't be a shock at all.

Knowing that the RIAA didn't count club sales until 1994 and her certifications are already so poorly updated makes me realize it wouldn't even be a shock if those albums are Diamond, at the very least we'll see x8 for Control, 1814, and janet.

Comment

• These are my estimations for her albums including SPS

Debut - Gold
                                              Control - 8xP
                                              RN - 10xP
                                              Janet - 9xP
                                              Doad - 5xP
                                              TVR - 4xP
                                              AFY - 3xP
                                              Damita Jo - 1xP
                                              20 Y.O - 1xP
                                              Discipline - Gold
                                              Number Ones - Gold

Total - 42,5xP

Comment

• Janet Jackson U. S. Album Sales Current Stats

Janet Jackson = Gold
                                                Dream Street = Gold
                                                Control = 8x Platinum (Possibly Diamond)
                                                Rhythm Nation 1814 = Diamond
                                                janet. = 9x Platinum
                                                Design Of A Decade = 5x Platinum
                                                The Velvet Rope = 4x Platinum
                                                All For You = 3x Platinum
                                                Damita Jo = Platinum
                                                20 Y.O. = Platinum (Soon will be 2x Platinum)
                                                Discipline = Gold
                                                Number Ones = Gold (Allegedly Platinum)
                                                Best Of Number Ones = 200K
                                                Unbreakable = 400K
                                                Black Diamond = TBA

Control: The Remixes & Janet.Remixed wasn't release in America so their sales whereabouts is unknown I seen some fans in America have copies of both her remix albums.

Comment

• 20 YO isn't going x2p anytime soon.

Comment

• I won't be surprised if janet. is eligible for diamond too.
                                                    Last edited by red3269; Sat February 19, 2022, 16:56.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X