Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BadMan125 View Post
    1980s FEMALE ARTISTS WITH THE MOST VIDEO VIEWS ON YOUTUBE
    1.) Whitney Houston - 5,004,341,707 (debut year: 1984) - most viewed 1980s video: "I Wanna Dance with Somebody" (355m)
    2.) Madonna - 4,874,203,583 (debut year: 1982) - most viewed 1980s video: "La Isla Bonita" (587m)
    3.) Cyndi Lauper - 2,007,144,446 (debut year: 1983) - most viewed 1980s video: "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" (1b)
    4.) Janet Jackson - 520,125,854 (debut year: 1982) - most viewed 1980s video: "Rhythm Nation" (27m)
    5.) Tracy Chapman - 368,634,812 (debut year: 1988) - most viewed 1980s video: "Fast Car" (52m)

Considering she's #4, when 80% of her catalog was blocked until two years ago... is better than I thought.

Comment

• April Billboard add for "Any Time, Any Place".

10 million albums sold for "janet."

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/DgUAA...an/s-l1600.jpg

Comment

• Is there any almost eligible certifications for Janet Jackson coming up it's been a minute.

Comment

• Originally posted by lovedeluxe View Post

Considering she's #4, when 80% of her catalog was blocked until two years ago... is better than I thought.
          Actually I messed up, Kylie Minogue, Enya and Gloria Estefan, two other big '80s female acts, have more views than she does. Gloria and her have about the same views on their videos but Gloria has also been releasing new music so that's helped her in views even though her subscriptions are fewer than Janet's...which is weird! So Janet's really #7 as far as '80s divas on YouTube, that means while Whitney and Madonna remain the number one and number two '80s divas on YouTube, Janet is much lower.

I think the issue is that her team and her former labels, whoever they're housed under (last I checked both A&M and Virgin's American catalogs are under control by Universal Music Group), haven't worked together to bring every one of her videos to her page for worldwide views and that may be an issue with why she didn't present the music of TVR on her documentary.

What's hurting Janet on YouTube is there are artists who have far less videos than she did having more video views than the current ones on her page. If she had a video that was like a 100 million viewed video (sans the Scream video with MJ of course), her views wouldn't look that bad (not awful but it's bad because of her previous stature as a larger-than-life pop superstar in the '80s and '90s - speaking of, her peers like Whitney and Madonna have more than double or triple, maybe quadruple the views on their pages and Whitney just passed the 5 billionth view mark on her page while Madonna is closing in on 5 billion).

But considering the ones above her:
          Missy Elliott (754m)
          Enya (651m)
          Tina Turner (638m)
          Ashanti (620m)
          Kelly Rowland (604m) (KELLY ROWLAND?!)
          Brandy (561m)
          Lauryn Hill (524m)

That's not good at all. And then there are these artists:
          Monica (844m)
          Sinead O'Connor (978m)
          TLC (987m)
          Kylie Minogue (993m)

Artists such as Ciara, Keyshia Cole, Cyndi Lauper, Bonnie Tyler, Toni Braxton and Mary J. Blige already has over a BILLION views from their pages but JANET DAMITA JO JACKSON still doesn't?!?!

We're talking about the woman who won the first MTV Icon honor. The 1990 Video Vanguard MTV VMA Award winner. Between 1984 and 2018, she starred in 52 music videos.

And so far, of those 50 videos, we don't have:
          Dream Street (since Nerd Score insisted lol)
          Alright (now that's the biggest WTF for me, that's probably my favorite music video of hers and it's NOT on Youtube?! WHY!?!?!)
          The Best Things in Life are Free (the original video has yet to be included on either Janet's or Luther's page) NOTE: Luther Vandross' YouTube page has 1.06 million subscribers and over 734 million views!!! That's 214 million more than MISS JACKSON!
          Runaway (another big WTF considering that was a very unique clip and from the first woman who had two songs debut in the top ten...before Mariah & Whitney usurped that accomplishment lol)
          Got 'til It's Gone (another huge WTF, why is THAT legendary video still not uploaded or whatever the case, blocked or whatever)
          Together Again (both the original video and the Deeper Mix version!)
          I Get Lonely (?!?!?)
          Go Deep
          You
          Every Time
          Doesn't Really Matter
          Feel It Boy (it would be on Beenie Man's page and it seems that there's still an issue uploading the video on his page)
          Janet Megamix '04 is on YouTube but not on Janet's official page
          Just a Little While
          I Want You (????)
          All Nite (Don't Stop) (????)

That's a good chunk of videos still not uploaded or re-uploaded. 17 videos, while the other 35 have either very low views or okay views at best.

But this is JANET JACKSON, someone you expect to be over a billion views or at least around the same billion views as Celine Dion for chrissakes. Gloria Estefan is above her. Alanis Morissette (660 million) is above her. Fantasia has 688 million views on her page. Kelly Clarkson has a billion views. So has Carrie Underwood. And get this, some of them have less subscribers than she does. Sade has over a billion views. George Michael? Over 2.6 million subscribers and over 2.2 billion views. Busta Rhymes, who featured her in "What's It Gonna Be?!", is closing in on a BILLION views (996 million). Most of his videos from his legendary career have been uploaded on Uproxx's official page but he still has more views than Janet, who just began reuploading her classic videos from the Control and Rhythm Nation eras on YouTube right after the documentary aired this year. Cyndi Lauper got to 2 billion views mostly off the views of GJWTHF and TAT and she's at 2.6 million subscribers.

Like, it's great Janet got over 1 million subscribers now after 16 years but less views. Also, what's hurt her standing on YouTube and other platforms is that she releases less content than she did in her teens, 20s and 30s. I don't know what it would take at this point to fix the YouTube issue but I do think it's up to everyone involved to fix this so she could comfortably have her fans watch all of her videos. I don't know when but they need to do it ASAP.
          Last edited by BadMan125; Mon June 13, 2022, 03:11.
          "Crime is increasing
          Trigger happy policing..."
          -- Marvin Gaye ("Inner City Blues")

Comment

• Originally posted by lovedeluxe View Post
            April Billboard add for "Any Time, Any Place".

10 million albums sold for "janet."

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/DgUAA...an/s-l1600.jpg
            The 10 million must've been a worldwide figure at that time.
            "Crime is increasing

Comment

• Originally posted by Nerd Score View Post
              Is there any almost eligible certifications for Janet Jackson coming up it's been a minute.
              If there was, Janet doesn't care to update them. Like All for You should've BEEN certified platinum at this point (heck it hasn't even BEEN certified!!!)

The Control album at least deserves a 6x platinum certification, RN1814 (her most acclaimed album and the one inducted to the Library of Congress' National Recording Registry and a possible Grammy Hall of Famer...if they ever bothered to induct her, that is) should receive the 7x platinum certification, while Janet should be at 8x platinum at least.

DOAD and TVR should be at least 4x platinum.

Self-titled from '82 should be gold (no comment on Flop Street ).

AFY should've been certified 3x platinum ages ago.

What you see from the following: Damita Jo, 20 Y.O., Discipline and Unbreakable - is what you get, so no updates. More singles from the Control, RN1814 and janet eras also should be updated but they won't. And the main part of why is Janet Jackson herself. Like thebigham always pointed out, if she cared enough, she'd ask for an audit from the RIAA but she won't and that's why her sales still remain at 26 million albums and 13.5 million singles in the US and at least 1 million in video sales. And we know she sold more than 40 million records. Like even she kinda acknowledges it saying she sold 160 million records but it's sure not reflected in the certifications, most of which haven't been updated in SIXTEEN YEARS, going on SEVENTEEN.
              Last edited by BadMan125; Mon June 13, 2022, 02:47.
              "Crime is increasing

Comment

The Dream Street video when she was on Fame daydreaming about being a star is the actual video for the song and is apart of her videography that should be on her channel like all her other videos and her YouTube channel should like how Madonna youtube channel is with her entire videography available and half are in HD as well a bunch of live performances all her remixes and behind the scenes everything should be on her channel but nope her team don't care only time Janet Jackson is one of the biggest names in music and to have her legacy being shafted unwatchable is ridiculous and you have new fans learning who she is and they don't have access to watch what they want to watch from her.

they only reuploaded all the videos that were blocked some gotten a premiere and and some did not it's ridiculous the documentary didn't really highlight her music career all the way up to her Unbreakable album.

All her music should be available for streaming services you have little by little of her music being available for streaming this is why her sales and everything is so low and behind in places cause everything of her not available it's ridiculous I wish someone ask her about what's happening and I know she knows everything.
                That's what I fear: Janet knows what's going on and instead of fixing it, she rather move on. Which in one way is very understandable: she's a mother now so her focus is basically on her son (and also she's still legally married to her last husband so that's another big hiccup) but still she makes time to do some shows so you'd think she make time to fix the YouTube issue. Also, her monthly listens fluctuates between 5.4-5.7 million and she has, what, 1 million subscribers/followers? I noticed she has been hands on with her Spotify playlists so that's good but maybe she should've let her team handle it? But yeah it's jarring to see every other big '80s/'90s diva from Madonna to Mariah to Whitney Houston's estate taking the advantage to bring their music to new generations while Janet's is kinda like seeing tumbleweeds roll by in a desert. It may get even worse as Mariah's Christmas is coming up, Whitney's movie is coming and Madonna is working on hers (and she has a remix album due to be out in a few weeks, which could return her to the Billboard 200 again after three years). The documentary only helped in iTunes downloads but not much else.
                "Crime is increasing

Comment

The 10 million must've been a worldwide figure at that time.
                  I think so.... "Any Time, Any Place" and "You Want This" followed in the US, the album didn't stop charting on the Billboard 200 until March of 1995. #4 (93 year end) #8 (94 year end) #170 (1995 year end).

Despite being the 8th biggest selling album of 1994 it only received one more certification in April 94.

Outside of the US the album continued with two extra singles in 1995 "Whoops Now" and "What I'll Do". The "janet." tour ended in April 1995 in the UK.

The low 14 million estimate a lot of people use sounds like it could very well be wrong. But without recertifications we'll never know. HOPEFULLY SOON.

Richard Branson did say it sold 20 million worldwide. https://www.virgin.com/branson-famil...-janet-jackson

Comment

That's what I fear: Janet knows what's going on and instead of fixing it, she rather move on. Which in one way is very understandable: she's a mother now so her focus is basically on her son (and also she's still legally married to her last husband so that's another big hiccup) but still she makes time to do some shows so you'd think she make time to fix the YouTube issue. Also, her monthly listens fluctuates between 5.4-5.7 million and she has, what, 1 million subscribers/followers? I noticed she has been hands on with her Spotify playlists so that's good but maybe she should've let her team handle it? But yeah it's jarring to see every other big '80s/'90s diva from Madonna to Mariah to Whitney Houston's estate taking the advantage to bring their music to new generations while Janet's is kinda like seeing tumbleweeds roll by in a desert. It may get even worse as Mariah's Christmas is coming up, Whitney's movie is coming and Madonna is working on hers (and she has a remix album due to be out in a few weeks, which could return her to the Billboard 200 again after three years). The documentary only helped in iTunes downloads but not much else.
                    Exactly but Janet don't care about her sales she always say to me that does matter cause your fans are the one buying it and from 2017-2019 she was at the highest high and that very well boosted her sales a lot her sales only go up when she is doing something spectacular or special which her sales should go up but they should already be up if all her music was on all streaming platforms like Rock With U just became available on Spotify Brazil that should have always been available and you still got a lot of her songs not available at all on streaming services compared to her peers Madonna, Mariah, Celine and Whitney even the lesser ones her management team is a damn disgrace making her behind stats I pray one day Janet music is handle seriously I wish she fire her management team cause it's ridiculous and she's not even signed to no major record labels no more.

Comment

If there was, Janet doesn't care to update them. Like All for You should've BEEN certified platinum at this point (heck it hasn't even BEEN certified!!!)

The Control album at least deserves a 6x platinum certification, RN1814 (her most acclaimed album and the one inducted to the Library of Congress' National Recording Registry and a possible Grammy Hall of Famer...if they ever bothered to induct her, that is) should receive the 7x platinum certification, while Janet should be at 8x platinum at least.

DOAD and TVR should be at least 4x platinum.

Self-titled from '82 should be gold (no comment on Flop Street ).

AFY should've been certified 3x platinum ages ago.

What you see from the following: Damita Jo, 20 Y.O., Discipline and Unbreakable - is what you get, so no updates. More singles from the Control, RN1814 and janet eras also should be updated but they won't. And the main part of why is Janet Jackson herself. Like thebigham always pointed out, if she cared enough, she'd ask for an audit from the RIAA but she won't and that's why her sales still remain at 26 million albums and 13.5 million singles in the US and at least 1 million in video sales. And we know she sold more than 40 million records. Like even she kinda acknowledges it saying she sold 160 million records but it's sure not reflected in the certifications, most of which haven't been updated in SIXTEEN YEARS, going on SEVENTEEN.

Control = 9x Platinum (Possibly Diamond)
                      Rhythm Nation 1814 = Diamond
                      janet. = 9x Platinum (Possibly Diamond)
                      Design Of A Decade = 6x Platinum
                      The Velvet Rope = 4x Platinum
                      All For You = 3x Platinum
                      Damita Jo = 2x Platinum
                      20 Y.O. = Platinum
                      Discipline = Platinum
                      Number Ones = Gold (Possibly Platinum)
                      Icon: Number Ones = 200K or 300K units
                      Unbreakable = (Should be Gold soon)

Janet Jackson is Gold it might be touching Platinum who knows that album actually have a tiny following surprisingly it sometimes chart with Janet bigger and better albums can't rule out the Janet Jackson album sometimes cause it does come in handy regarding het album sales don't know how much it sold worldwide though.

Dream Street is Gold but I don't think this album ever touching platinum the Janet Jackson album actually have a little chance compared to Dream Street but who knows we can be shock and it turns out Dream Street is actually a platinum eligible album I doubt it but you never know but this album didn't even chart when all other Janet albums was charting during her documentary.

Control: The Remixes I don't know how much that sold nor Janet.Remixed

Comment

• from Billboard Magazine December 24,1994

janet.
                        • 6 million sold in the US and 10 million worldwide
                        • sold out world tour
                        • a record breaking 15 gold singles in her career,surpassing Aretha Franklin's previous record for female artists
                        janet. video album
                        • longform video gold within 3 weeks of release (50,000)

She's under-certified as hell

Comment

Exactly but Janet don't care about her sales she always say to me that does matter cause your fans are the one buying it and from 2017-2019 she was at the highest high and that very well boosted her sales a lot her sales only go up when she is doing something spectacular or special which her sales should go up but they should already be up if all her music was on all streaming platforms like Rock With U just became available on Spotify Brazil that should have always been available and you still got a lot of her songs not available at all on streaming services compared to her peers Madonna, Mariah, Celine and Whitney even the lesser ones her management team is a damn disgrace making her behind stats I pray one day Janet music is handle seriously I wish she fire her management team cause it's ridiculous and she's not even signed to no major record labels no more.
                          The blocking is definitely affecting her in several countries where her songs are not played or allowed to be streamed. Janet should've hired someone like Irving Azoff or someone like that as her manager. I can imagine the industry hiccups she had between 2002 and now would've been handled better. When she had Roger Davies managing her, her career was in a really great shape. But I think Janet hiring friends and family members to be in her management was not a really good move on her part. I still don't get her having Randy as her manager! It's frustrating.
                          "Crime is increasing

Comment

The blocking is definitely affecting her in several countries where her songs are not played or allowed to be streamed. Janet should've hired someone like Irving Azoff or someone like that as her manager. I can imagine the industry hiccups she had between 2002 and now would've been handled better. When she had Roger Davies managing her, her career was in a really great shape. But I think Janet hiring friends and family members to be in her management was not a really good move on her part. I still don't get her having Randy as her manager! It's frustrating.
                            Exactly now Janet just said in Essence magazine she's not releasing music no time soon cause she enjoy being a mother that's understandable but she really shafted that Black Diamond album ain't no telling when we'll hear new music from Janet and she got this Essence festival she's doing at the end of the month it's sad for us not for her of course cause she always been "I give you something when I feel like it" her whole career.

Comment

Exactly now Janet just said in Essence magazine she's not releasing music no time soon cause she enjoy being a mother that's understandable but she really shafted that Black Diamond album ain't no telling when we'll hear new music from Janet and she got this Essence festival she's doing at the end of the month it's sad for us not for her of course cause she always been "I give you something when I feel like it" her whole career.
                              I remembered how excited I got when she announced the Black Diamond project and tour. Of course no one knew what was gonna come at the time but I would think after all this time that she would at least give an update or two. But it is what it is and she definitely sees things differently than most of us.
                              "Crime is increasing

Comment

I remembered how excited I got when she announced the Black Diamond project and tour. Of course no one knew what was gonna come at the time but I would think after all this time that she would at least give an update or two. But it is what it is and she definitely sees things differently than most of us.
                                Yup ever since the pandemic happened the Black Diamond era became a afterthought hopefully in 2023 she goes back to promoting the album this sort of reminding me in 2011 she was making a album and she end up scrapping it for whatever reason but she can't scrap the Black Diamond album after revealing what the album is oh we are gonna suffer no music no time soon.

Comment

Yup ever since the pandemic happened the Black Diamond era became a afterthought hopefully in 2023 she goes back to promoting the album this sort of reminding me in 2011 she was making a album and she end up scrapping it for whatever reason but she can't scrap the Black Diamond album after revealing what the album is oh we are gonna suffer no music no time soon.
                                  I did remember reading some talk about her doing an album in 2011. I think that was when she met her now-third ex husband so of course that meant that she again didn't work on much. I keep thinking "maybe she got back her masters". She already owns her publishing but usually when you get both, you're chilling.

That's what it seems like to me. "I got my child, I own my stuff, I got my own label and I'm making bank from it regardless of the sales, so why rush it?" That's basically what I'm getting... I could be wrong but yeah lol
                                  "Crime is increasing

Comment

I did remember reading some talk about her doing an album in 2011. I think that was when she met her now-third ex husband so of course that meant that she again didn't work on much. I keep thinking "maybe she got back her masters". She already owns her publishing but usually when you get both, you're chilling.

That's what it seems like to me. "I got my child, I own my stuff, I got my own label and I'm making bank from it regardless of the sales, so why rush it?" That's basically what I'm getting... I could be wrong but yeah lol
                                    And I'm glad she does festivals cause that keeps her in the public eye she has multiple festivals coming up she can't tour cause it's still a pandemic heck she probably won't tour again until 2030 something.

Comment

And I'm glad she does festivals cause that keeps her in the public eye she has multiple festivals coming up she can't tour cause it's still a pandemic heck she probably won't tour again until 2030 something.
                                      I don't think she'll tour much at all after this.
                                      "Crime is increasing

Comment

• MOST SUCCESSFUL JANET JACKSON UK CHARTING ALBUM BASED ON WEEKS
                                        1.) Control (1986, 72 weeks)
                                        2.) janet. (1993, 65 weeks)
                                        3.) The Velvet Rope (1997, 51 weeks)
                                        4.) Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation 1814 (1989, 43 weeks)
                                        5.) Design of a Decade: 1986-1996 (1995, 24 weeks)
                                        6.) All for You (1997, 21 weeks)
                                        7.) Control: The Remixes (1987, 14 weeks)
                                        8.) The Best (2009, 5 weeks)
                                        9.) Unbreakable (2015, 3 weeks)
                                        10.) Damita Jo (2004, 3 weeks)
                                        11.) Runaway/When I Think of You (1995, 1 week)
                                        12.) Discipline (2008, 1 week)
                                        13.) 20 Y.O. (2006, 1 week)

304 cumulative weeks on the OCC albums chart.

MOST SUCCESSFUL JANET JACKSON UK CHARTING SINGLE BASED ON WEEKS
                                        1.) "Scream" (Michael Jackson & Janet Jackson) (1995, 22 weeks)
                                        2.) "Together Again" (1997, 19 weeks)
                                        3.) "All for You" (2001, 15 weeks)
                                        4.) "What Have You Done for Me Lately" (1986, 14 weeks)
                                        5.) "The Best Things in Life Are Free" (1992, 13 weeks)
                                        6.) "When I Think of You" (1986, 11 weeks)
                                        7.) "Again" (1993, 11 weeks)
                                        8.) "Doesn't Really Matter" (2000, 11 weeks)
                                        9.) "Son of a Gun" (2001, 11 weeks)
                                        10.) "Got 'til It's Gone" (1997, 11 weeks)
                                        11.) "The Best Things in Life Are Free" (1995 remix, 11 weeks)
                                        12.) "That's the Way Love Goes" (1993, 10 weeks)
                                        13.) "Let's Wait Awhile" (1993, 10 weeks)
                                        14.) "Nasty" (1986, 9 weeks)
                                        15.) "Runaway" (1995, 9 weeks)
                                        16.) "I Get Lonely" (1998, 9 weeks)
                                        17.) "Girlfriend/Boyfriend" (1999, 9 weeks)
                                        18.) "What's It Gonna Be?!" (1999, 9 weeks)
                                        19.) "Feel It Boy" (2002, 8 weeks)
                                        20.) "Whoops Now/What'll I Do" (1995, 8 weeks)
                                        21.) "Go Deep" (1998, 7 weeks)
                                        22.) "If" (1993, 7 weeks)
                                        23.) "Miss You Much" (1989, 7 weeks)
                                        24.) "Come Back to Me" (1990, 7 weeks)
                                        25.) "Escapade" (1990, 7 weeks)
                                        26.) "Black Cat" (1990, 6 weeks)
                                        27.) "Any Time, Any Place" (1994, 6 weeks)
                                        28.) "Twenty Foreplay" (1996, 6 weeks)
                                        29.) "Someone to Call My Lover" (2001, 6 weeks)
                                        30.) "Call on Me" (2006, 6 weeks)
                                        31.) "Control" (1986, 5 weeks)
                                        32.) "The Pleasure Principle" (1987, 5 weeks)
                                        33.) "Rhythm Nation" (1989, 5 weeks)
                                        34.) "Love Will Never Do (Without You)" (1991, 5 weeks)
                                        35.) "Alright" (1990, 5 weeks)
                                        36.) "Because of Love" (1994, 5 weeks)
                                        37.) "Just a Little While" (2004, 5 weeks)
                                        38.) "All Nite (Don't Stop)/I Want You" (2004, 5 weeks)
                                        39.) "You Want This" (1994, 4 weeks)
                                        40.) "Two to the Power" (1984, 3 weeks)
                                        41.) "Funny How Time Flies" (1987, 3 weeks)
                                        42.) "Every Time" (1998, 2 weeks)
                                        43.) "Feel It Boy" (2002 reissue, 2 weeks)
                                        44.) "The Best Things in Life are Free" (1995 re-issue, 1 week)
                                        44.) "Just a Little While" (2004 first entry, 1 week)
                                        45.) "Make Me" (2009, 1 week)

352 cumulative weeks on the UK OCC singles chart.

656 cumulative weeks altogether on the UK OCC charts (minus UK R&B albums and singles charts, no idea how much that is yet).
                                        Last edited by BadMan125; Mon June 20, 2022, 03:44.
                                        "Crime is increasing

Comment

• UK loves GH compilations yet her compilations aren't charting at all..

Comment

• Originally posted by Choley View Post
                                            UK loves GH compilations yet her compilations aren't charting at all..
                                            Yeah, I found that the most shocking about her UK discography!
                                            "Crime is increasing

Comment

MOST SUCCESSFUL JANET JACKSON UK CHARTING SINGLE BASED ON WEEKS

4.) "When I Think of You" (1986, 14 weeks)

6.) "When I Think of You" (1986, 11 weeks)

Comment

• Originally posted by oneofone View Post

Oops... must've made a mistake. Lemme check.

EDIT: I don't know how I mistook What Have You Done for Me Lately for When I Think of You lol that's the one with the 14 weeks (WHYDFML).

I noticed that WHYDFML is like her fourth best known song after Together Again, That's the Way Love Goes and Rhythm Nation and Nasty probably right after. But these are the songs that most likely comes up if you ask people who Janet Jackson is and they don't automatically go with "the lady who had her breast exposed".
                                                Last edited by BadMan125; Sun June 19, 2022, 00:42.
                                                "Crime is increasing

Comment

• TOP FEMALE ARTISTS WITH MOST CUMULATIVE WEEKS ON UK OCC SINGLES CHARTS
                                                  1.) Rihanna - 1,392 weeks
                                                  2.) Madonna - 895 weeks
                                                  3.) Lady Gaga - 752 weeks*
                                                  4.) Beyonce - 746 weeks*
                                                  5.) Nicki Minaj - 726 weeks
                                                  6.) Katy Perry - 699 weeks
                                                  7.) P!nk - 651 weeks
                                                  8.) Little Mix - 641 weeks
                                                  9.) Barbra Streisand - 612 weeks
                                                  10.) Taylor Swift - 599 weeks*
                                                  11.) Adele - 584 weeks
                                                  12.) Kylie Minogue - 581 weeks
                                                  13.) Mariah Carey - 576 weeks*
                                                  14.) Diana Ross - 493 weeks
                                                  15.) Britney Spears - 465 weeks
                                                  16.) Whitney Houston - 419 weeks
                                                  17.) Christina Aguilera - 393 weeks
                                                  18.) Jessie J - 367 weeks
                                                  19.) Janet Jackson - 352 weeks
                                                  20.) Shirley Bassey - 333 weeks

TOP FEMALE ARTISTS WITH MOST CUMULATIVE WEEKS ON UK OCC ALBUMS CHARTS
                                                  1.) Madonna - 1,342 weeks
                                                  2.) Whitney Houston - 895 weeks*
                                                  3.) Taylor Swift - 828 weeks*
                                                  4.) Adele - 824 weeks*
                                                  5.) Celine Dion - 796 weeks
                                                  6.) P!nk - 744 weeks
                                                  7.) Amy Winehouse - 707 weeks
                                                  8.) Tina Turner - 615 weeks
                                                  9.) Barbra Streisand - 612 weeks
                                                  10.) Diana Ross - 606 weeks*
                                                  11.) Rihanna - 571 weeks
                                                  12.) Kylie Minogue - 567 weeks
                                                  13.) Mariah Carey - 463 weeks
                                                  14.) Little Mix - 463 weeks*
                                                  15.) Kate Bush - 441 weeks*
                                                  16.) Britney Spears - 428 weeks
                                                  17.) Beyonce - 422 weeks
                                                  18.) Ariana Grande - 420 weeks
                                                  19.) Billie Eilish - 400 weeks*
                                                  20.) Tracy Chapman - 384 weeks
                                                  21.) Katy Perry - 376 weeks
                                                  22.) Lady Gaga - 365 weeks
                                                  23.) Cher - 358 weeks
                                                  24.) Shirley Bassey - 320 weeks
                                                  25.) Janet Jackson - 304 weeks
                                                  26.) Enya - 291 weeks
                                                  27.) Nelly Furtado - 267 weeks
                                                  28.) The Supremes - 259 weeks
                                                  29.) Sugababes - 241 weeks
                                                  30.) Christina Aguilera - 230 weeks

TOP FEMALE ARTISTS WITH MOST CUMULATIVE WEEKS ON UK OCC CHARTS (ALBUMS + SINGLES)
                                                  1.) Madonna - 2,327 weeks (albums = 1,342 weeks; singles = 895 weeks)
                                                  2.) Rihanna - 1,963 weeks (albums = 571 weeks; singles = 1,392 weeks)
                                                  3.) Taylor Swift - 1,427 weeks (albums = 828 weeks; singles = 599 weeks)*
                                                  4.) Adele - 1,408 weeks (albums = 824 weeks; singles = 584 weeks)*
                                                  5.) P!nk - 1,395 weeks (albums = 744 weeks; singles = 651 weeks)
                                                  6.) Whitney Houston - 1,314 weeks (albums = 895 weeks; singles = 419 weeks)*
                                                  7.) Beyonce - 1,168 weeks (albums = 422 weeks; singles = 746 weeks)*
                                                  8.) Kylie Minogue - 1,148 weeks (albums = 567 weeks; singles = 581 weeks)
                                                  9.) Lady Gaga - 1,117 weeks (albums = 365 weeks; singles = 752 weeks)*
                                                  10.) Little Mix - 1,104 weeks (albums = 463 weeks; singles = 641 weeks)*
                                                  11.) Diana Ross - 1,099 weeks (albums = 606 weeks; singles = 493 weeks)*
                                                  12.) Celine Dion - 1,090 weeks (albums = 796 weeks; singles = 294 weeks)
                                                  13.) Katy Perry - 1,075 weeks (albums = 376 weeks; singles = 699 weeks)
                                                  14.) Ariana Grande - 1,043 weeks (albums = 420 weeks; singles = 623 weeks)
                                                  15.) Mariah Carey - 1,039 weeks (albums = 463 weeks; singles = 576 weeks)
                                                  16.) Amy Winehouse - 989 weeks (albums = 707 weeks; singles = 282 weeks)
                                                  17.) Nicki Minaj - 904 weeks (albums = 178 weeks; singles = 726 weeks)
                                                  18.) Britney Spears - 893 weeks (albums = 428 weeks; singles = 465 weeks)
                                                  19.) Tina Turner - 885 weeks (albums = 615 weeks; singles = 270 weeks)
                                                  20.) Barbra Streisand - 792 weeks (albums = 612 weeks; singles = 180 weeks)
                                                  21.) Billie Eilish - 672 weeks (albums = 400 weeks; singles = 272 weeks)*
                                                  22.) Janet Jackson - 656 weeks (albums = 304 weeks; singles = 352 weeks)
                                                  23.) Shirley Bassey - 653 weeks (albums = 320 weeks; singles = 333 weeks)
                                                  24.) Kate Bush - 636 weeks (albums = 441 weeks; singles = 195 weeks)*
                                                  25.) Christina Aguilera - 623 weeks (albums = 230 weeks; singles = 393 weeks)
                                                  26.) Cher - 622 weeks (albums = 358 weeks; singles = 264 weeks)
                                                  27.) The Supremes - 567 weeks (albums = 259 weeks; singles = 308 weeks)
                                                  28.) Sugababes - 559 weeks (albums = 241 weeks; singles = 318 weeks)
                                                  29.) Donna Summer - 530 weeks (albums = 216 weeks; singles = 314 weeks)
                                                  30.) Jessie J - 504 weeks (albums = 137 weeks; singles = 367 weeks)

* - indicating the artist is still charting on the OCC right now
                                                  Last edited by BadMan125; Sat July 2, 2022, 04:19.
                                                  "Crime is increasing

Comment

• how accurate is this site? i just discovered it from the dutch wikipedia page: https://web.archive.org/web/20060523...storyjanet.htm

Comment

Working...
                                                    X