No announcement yet.

Janet Jackson :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It needs an increase in Spotify and Apple Music plays before it gets there. Just YouTube views won't help it. But I get it.
    "Crime is increasing
    Trigger happy policing..."
    -- Marvin Gaye ("Inner City Blues")

Comment

• Got Til It's Gone?! It's super super close to Gold! Was 399k in March. Just saw the new number today! ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by lovedeluxe View Post
        Got Til It's Gone?! It's super super close to Gold!
        No I know lol just saying for the others, it'll take some time.
        "Crime is increasing

Comment

• Or maybe sooner than later!

Comment

• Originally posted by lovedeluxe View Post
            Or maybe sooner than later!
            Let's hope! Maybe Janet will care enough to have em certified.
            "Crime is increasing

Comment

• For the first time ever, the music video for Janet's best-selling single is avaliable globally on her YouTube page!

Together Again has been blocked in nearly every country for almost 12 years and has accumulated 1.4 million views solely from Canada and Japan.

The video will presumably be remastered to HD shortly as nearly all the videos on her channel have been updated this week.

Comment

• Hope views for all of them increase but right now, I think few know about it. Janet's team is gonna have to get on the ball with that. Her views today are still small: only 139,899 views today.
                "Crime is increasing

Comment

• Originally posted by BadMan125 View Post
                  Hope views for all of them increase but right now, I think few know about it. Janet's team is gonna have to get on the ball with that. Her views today are still small: only 139,899 views today.
                  I'm assuming they're waiting until all the videos are "remastered" to HD.

Even better, I'm hoping Every Time and the remaining Velvet Rope era videos will be uploaded in time for the album's upcoming anniversary. Then of course there's her still more Top 5 hits like Alright, Runaway and Doesn't Really Matter which need to be uploaded.

Call On Me already received it's highest day on YouTube yesterday. Its not going to happen instantly but Together Again especially should have no issue picking up views fast once its remastered and the algorithm starts recommending the official video instead of the fan uploads.

Comment

• I keep forgetting Runaway and DRM ain't in there either and Alright still not being there is a travesty. But yeah views will stabilize by next year.
                    "Crime is increasing

Comment

• DRM video just added to her YouTube channel 5 minutes ago.

Comment

• Comment

• For the first time ever, the music video for Janet's #1 single Doesn't Really Matter is available to stream on her YouTube page!

The single was a huge airplay and sales hit in 2000. It opened at #1 on the Billboard Single Sales chart selling 96,000 copies its first week. It became her first sales #1 since That's The Way Love Goes (1993). Topping the Hot 100, Janet became the first artist to score a #1 single in the 80s, 90s, and 2000s. It also became her highest peaking radio hit in the US since Again (1993). It was certified Gold and scanned over 600,000 physical copies.

In the UK, it opened at #5 and is certified Silver (200,000). It is Janet's longest charting single on Italy's FIMI Singles Chart (13 weeks). It is additionally Janet's best selling single in Japan and was the top selling foreign single of 2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by BadMan125 View Post
                            Hope views for all of them increase but right now, I think few know about it. Janet's team is gonna have to get on the ball with that. Her views today are still small: only 139,899 views today.
                            Youtube insights is much more accurate for views compared to kworb.
                            Janet: ​​​​​​https://charts.youtube.com/artist/%2Fm%2F0gbwp

On Sept 29th she got 321k views.

Comment

• Make Me uploaded to official channel.

Comment

• Velvet 25 Deluxe out next Friday! https://www.udiscovermusic.com/news/...n-velvet-rope/

A new deluxe edition of Janet Jackson’s Grammy-winning, national and international chart-topper The Velvet Rope will be released on Friday (October 7), exactly 25 years since its debut. The new version will feature no fewer than ten bonus tracks that become available on streaming platforms for the first time, including much-sought B-sides and remixes. Among these are the rare “Accept Me” and “God’s Stepchild,” and the collection also hosts numerous remixes that were previously only available on CD singles.

The mixes include Teddy Riley’s TNT Remix of “I Get Lonely” featuring BLACKstreet; the J. Dilla (Ummah Jay Dee) remix of “Got ‘Til It’s Gone”; and Timbaland and Missy “Misdemeanor” Elliott’s remix of “Go Deep.” Club mixes of various tracks are also included by David Morales & Frankie Knuckles, Masters at Work, Tony Moran, Jason Nevins, and Tony Humphries.
                                n tandem with Friday’s reissue, remastered versions of Jackson’s music videos for “Go Deep,” “I Get Lonely,” “You,” “Got ’Til It’s Gone,” and “Together Again [Deeper Remix].” will also become available to watch on YouTube in HD for the first time ever.

The album, produced by Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis for Flyte Tyme Productions Inc. and Ms. Jackson, embraced her fearless songwriting themes of female sexuality, domestic violence, and mental health, through the lens of a black woman. It debuted at No.1 on the Billboard 200 and won a plethora of multi-platinum, platinum, and gold certifications around the world, also winning a place among Rolling Stone’s 500 Greatest Albums of All Time list.

The Velvet Rope also contained the Billboard Hot 100 No.1 “Together Again,” the Top 3 hit “I Get Lonely,” and other hugely popular tracks such as “Go Deep” and “Got ‘Til It’s Gone,” The latter song, which sampled Joni Mitchell’s 1970 staple “Big Yellow Taxi,” featured both Mitchell and Q-Tip, and won a Grammy for Best Music Video, Short Form.

Pre-order the deluxe edition of Janet Jackson’s The Velvet Rope, which is released on Friday (October 7).
                                Last edited by lovedeluxe; Mon October 3, 2022, 15:42.

Comment

• https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301639032.html

The Velvet Rope, produced by Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis for Flyte Tyme Productions Inc. and Ms. Jackson, arrived on October 7, 1997. Janet's vulnerable and poignant writing confronted themes of female sexuality through a black woman's lens as well as domestic violence and mental health. The album had a massive global impact, debuting at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, and yielding No. 1 hits "Together Again," "I Get Lonely," and last single "Every Time" as well as seminal album cuts, "Go Deep" and "Got 'Til It's Gone" [feat. Q-Tip & Joni Mitchell], which earned a GRAMMY® Award in the category of Best Music Video, Short Form. "Go Deep" reached No. 1 on Billboard's Dance Club Songs Chart, while "Got 'Til It's Gone" went Top 10 on the Dance Club Songs Chart.

As one of the most acclaimed legacies in Jackson's storied history, The Velvet Rope is one of Rolling Stone magazine's coveted 500 Greatest Albums of All Time, while Los Angeles Times asserted, "Certainly, as a musician Jackson has never seemed more confident or ambitious than she does here."

Check out the full Deluxe Edition track listing below and stay tuned for more news soon.

Go behind The Velvet Rope again on October 7.

THE VELVET ROPE: DELUXE EDITION

Component 1:
                                  1. Interlude -Twisted Elegance
                                  2. Velvet Rope [feat. Vanessa-Mae]
                                  3. You
                                  4. Got 'Til It's Gone [feat. Q-Tip & Joni Mitchell]
                                  5. Interlude - Speaker Phone
                                  6. My Need
                                  7. Interlude - Fasten Your Seatbelts
                                  8. Go Deep
                                  9. Free Xone
                                  10. Interlude - Memory
                                  11. Together Again
                                  12. Interlude - Online
                                  13. Empty
                                  14. Interlude - Full
                                  15. What About
                                  16. Every Time
                                  17. Tonight's The Night
                                  18. I Get Lonely
                                  19. Rope Burn
                                  20. Anything
                                  21. Interlude - Sad
                                  22. Special
                                  23. Can't Be Stopped
                                  24. Accept Me [Bonus Track] *
                                  25. God's Stepchild [Bonus Track] *

Component 2:
                                  1. I Get Lonely (TNT Remix Edit) with BLACKstreet *
                                  2. Got 'Til It's Gone (Ummah Jay Dee's Revenge Mix) *
                                  3. Go Deep (Timbaland/Missy Remix) featuring Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliott *
                                  4. Together Again (Jimmy Jam Deeper Mix) *
                                  5. Every Time (Jam & Lewis Disco Mix)
                                  6. I Get Lonely (Jam & Lewis Feel My Bass Mix) *
                                  7. Got 'Til It's Gone (David Morales & Frankie Knuckles Def Club Mix) *
                                  8. Together Again (Tony Moran 12" Club Mix) *
                                  9. Go Deep (Masters at Work Thunder Mix) *
                                  10. Together Again (Tony Humphries Club Mix Edit)
                                  11. I Get Lonely (Jason vs. Janet The Club Remix)
                                  12. Go Deep (Masters At Work Vocal Deep Disco Dub)
                                  13. Got 'Til It's Gone (Armand Van Helden Bonus Beats)
                                  * = new to streaming

Comment

• Her best album getting the re-release treatment.

Comment

• Is it only digital, I assume…?
                                      They should have definitely released this deluxe anniversary edition on CD and vinyl….

Comment

• Yes, digital and streaming only.

Comment

• I can't wait I'm so happy Her best album :,)
                                          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• I hope all of y'all buy this edition this Friday cause it's a highly important album in music.

Comment

• OMG Janet Jackson DOMINATING the iTunes Music Video charts. She now has the #1 video on the Main Video chart, the Pop video chart and the R&B video chart!

Regular Music Video Chart

#1 Doesn't Really Matter
                                              #3 I Get Lonely
                                              #4 Make Me
                                              #7 Son Of A Gun

Pop Video Chart

#1 Doesn't Really Matter
                                              #3 I Get Lonely
                                              #4 Make Me

R&B/Soul Video Chart

#1 Son Of A Gun
                                              #2 I Want You
                                              #4 Someone To Call My Lover (So So Def Remix)

All of Janet Jackson videos are getting a huge surge increase in views on her YouTube channel.

Comment

• The Make Me video got more views in one day than Doesn’t Really Matter did in two days
                                                Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Some people seem to think it's a new song lol

Comment

• Some people saying is Make Me a new song oh my goodness don't know why they reupload the video HD instead of making the version already on her channel HD but this can lead for the song to be Gold eligible by the RIAA in the future.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X