No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey :: The "Christmas" Eras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She's sitting at #28 on iTunes USA. wow!
    See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Spotify daily:

Oct 31 - 445,820 - All I want for Christmas Is You
      Nov 01 - 902,333 - All I want for Christmas Is You

Oct 31 - 72,204 - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
      Nov 01 - 153,625 - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)

Oct 31 - 27,654 - O Holy Night
      Nov 01 - 49,776 - O Holy Night

Oct 31 - 23,297 - All I want for Christmas Is You (ft. Justin Bieber)
      Nov 01 - 40,625 - All I want for Christmas Is You (ft. Justin Bieber)

Oct 31 - 18,242 - Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
      Nov 01 - 33,423 - Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
        She's sitting at #28 on iTunes USA. wow!
        #26 now
        Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
        My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
        Forever and always!

Comment

• Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
          My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
          Forever and always!

Comment

• I really do hope, that it gets that elusive #1 in the UK this season. The UK is among 2-3 music industries in the world in which the song has not held the #1 position at least once.
            My Chart

Comment

• It's quite hard to fathom that a song which has sold 2 million + copies in Japan has peaked at #2 there. It will never go to #1 in Japan tho. So that will forever be its peak.
              My Chart

Comment

• Could "Merry Christmas" return to BB200 next week?

She released the Target vinyl on Friday and the album is currently #97 on iTunes.

Comment

Could "Merry Christmas" return to BB200 next week?

She released the Target vinyl on Friday and the album is currently #97 on iTunes.
                  I hope so. 8-9 weeks on the BB200 would be awesome.
                  My Chart

Comment

• Big month for youtube views!

Video Oct 2020 Oct 2019 Difference Growth
                    AIWFCIY Original 3,300,000 4,700,000 - 1,400,000 - 29.7%
                    AIWFCIY Make My Wish 5,600,000 0 + 5,600,000 + 100%
                    Total 8,900,000 4,700,000 + 4,200,000 + 89.3%
                    • You can see that the new Make My Wish video has taken views away from the original in a big way, but the original is still getting healthy views to this point.
                    • The 5.6 million views registered by the Make My Wish version by itself are the highest any of the AIW videos have ever recorded for October - the previous high was 5.5 million by the original in 2018.
                    • Combined both videos have seen the song's views explode to almost 9 million
                    • Difficult to predict the views/growth for both going forward, however, if this growth rate continues (or if it's even at 50%), the the song collectively may see over 120 million views this year.
                    • The Make My Wish version is going to take the mantle as the most viewed of the AIW videos this year, and it will likely reach over 120m views in total this year.
                    The views for both vides on 1 Nov:
                    Original - 265,249
                    Make My Wish - 351,011
                    Last edited by InfoFromAus; Tue November 3, 2020, 04:33.
                    MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Any tracking of the black and white version? It really doesn’t seem to garner any views compared to the other two versions.

Comment

• Originally posted by DNK View Post

#26 now

Comment

• This year could be massive for AIWFCIY. People are desperate for happy times, and Mariah brings it every year.
                          Diva!!!

Comment

• I would love to see a push for Miss You Most or another catalog song to go alongside AIWFCIY this year.

I think the only one capable of potentially re-entering the Hot 100 is CBPCH?

Comment

I would love to see a push for Miss You Most or another catalog song to go alongside AIWFCIY this year.

I think the only one capable of potentially re-entering the Hot 100 is CBPCH?
                              Well, it has never charted on Hot 100. So it'll be a debut.

It was close last year, so fingers crossed!

Comment

• ^In order to 'Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)' to chart on Billboard Hot 100, what are the rules?

It needs to be Top50 in overall consumption? Or Top100 is enough?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrguy606 View Post
                                  Any tracking of the black and white version? It really doesn’t seem to garner any views compared to the other two versions.
                                  Very low views for the b&w version, which is a shame cause it's quite nice.

The new alternate footage video which was also released last year doesn't get a lot of views either - but it's difficult to know yet how it compares to last year because it was only released in November - so no point of comparison yet.
                                  It did however get 210,000 views in October this year - so all in all AIWFICY had over 9 millions on youtube last month.

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevinmakeme View Post
                                    ^In order to 'Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)' to chart on Billboard Hot 100, what are the rules?

It needs to be Top50 in overall consumption? Or Top100 is enough?
                                    I think we ask every year but it has never charted so you would think it would only need to be top 100.

However it doesn't usually rank in the top 50 of the Holiday 100. It starts out very strong - then slowly drops down that chart approaching Christmas before holding steady. In fact during Christmas week last year Hark The Herald was higher than C(BPCH) on the Holiday 100.

It needs stronger streams it seems - Christmas week 2019:

Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)

Holiday 100 - #72 (57) - 41 weeks
                                    Holiday Digital Song Sales - #47 (45) - 75 weeks
                                    Holiday Airplay - #43 (31) - 36 weeks
                                    Last edited by InfoFromAus; Tue November 3, 2020, 13:32.
                                    MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Billboard Update
                                      Position Last Week Weeks on Peak Notes
                                      Merry Christmas
                                      Top Holiday Albums #7 #7 272 #1
                                      All I Want For Christmas Is You
                                      Holiday Digital Song Sales #2 #3 132 #1 Gains
                                      MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Could AIWFCIY return to some of the subsidiary charts next week? Apple Music would definitely need to improve and I guess we'll see the Youtube update for the week soon. Of course, airplay will be minimal at this point.

Spotify US:
                                        Nov 1: 356,813 (#63)
                                        Nov 2: 380,099 (#53)

iTunes US - #37

Apple Music - N/A

Comment

Could AIWFCIY return to some of the subsidiary charts next week? Apple Music would definitely need to improve and I guess we'll see the Youtube update for the week soon. Of course, airplay will be minimal at this point.

Spotify US:
                                          Nov 1: 356,813 (#63)
                                          Nov 2: 380,099 (#53)

iTunes US - #37

Apple Music - N/A
                                          Isn't it at #143 on Apple Music?

Comment

• Originally posted by ferrero View Post

Isn't it at #143 on Apple Music?
                                            Oh could be! Tbh I am not sure what metrics kworb uses to estimate the different positions as Apple Music has several charts.

Comment

• Spotify daily:

Oct 31 - +445,820 - 1994 - All I want for Christmas Is You
                                              Nov 01 - +902,333 - 1994 - All I want for Christmas Is You
                                              Nov 02 - +903,373 - 1994 - All I want for Christmas Is You
                                              Nov 03 - +864,541 - 1994 - All I want for Christmas Is You

Oct 31 - +72,204 - 1994 - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
                                              Nov 01 - +153,625 - 1994 - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
                                              Nov 02 - +167,299 - 1994 - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
                                              Nov 03 - +161,809 - 1994 - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)

Oct 31 - +27,654 - 1994 - O Holy Night
                                              Nov 01 - +49,776 - 1994 - O Holy Night
                                              Nov 02 - +57,873 - 1994 - O Holy Night
                                              Nov 03 - +56,763 - 1994 - O Holy Night

Oct 31 - +23,297 - 2011 - All I want for Christmas Is You (ft. Justin Bieber)
                                              Nov 01 - +40,625 - 2011 - All I want for Christmas Is You (ft. Justin Bieber)
                                              Nov 02 - +48,281 - 2011 - All I want for Christmas Is You (ft. Justin Bieber)
                                              Nov 03 - +46,098 - 2011 - All I want for Christmas Is You (ft. JB)

Oct 31 - +18,242 - 1994 - Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
                                              Nov 01 - +33,423 - 1994 - Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
                                              Nov 02 - +37,031 - 1994 - Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
                                              Nov 03 - +36,907 - 1994 - Santa Claus Is Coming To Town

Nov 03 - 31,407,020 - +41,392 - 1994 - Silent Night

Nov 03 - 21,238,898 - +12,181 - 2010 - All I want for Christmas Is You (Extra Festive)

Nov 03 - 20,380,096 - +13,133 - 2010 - Oh Santa

Nov 03 - 13,163,321 - +9,767 - 1994 - Joy To The World

Nov 03 - 12,459,964 - +8,864 - 1994 - Miss You Most (At Christmas Time)

Nov 03 - 5,715,432 - +6,670 - 2011 - When Christmas Comes (ft. JL)

Nov 03 - 4,502,581 - +1,815 - 2017 - The Star
                                              Last edited by stevyy; Wed November 4, 2020, 17:13.
                                              My Chart

Comment

• The Holidays Are Here: Mariah Carey's 'All I Want for Christmas Is You' Surges in Streams on Nov. 1

Mariah Carey’s ‘All I Want for Christmas Is You’ Surges in Streams on Nov. 1

According to the festive Mariah Carey, the Christmas season officially began on Nov. 1. So, it’s no surprise to see her enduring holiday song “All I Want for Christmas Is You” surge in streams on Nov. 1-2.

In the quick video that she tweeted, Carey pronounced, "It's time" for the holidays, with a clip of the carol serving as a soundtrack.

The song garnered 1.14 million on-demand streams in the U.S. on Nov. 1 and 2 -- up 160% compared to the 715,000 clicks it collected on Oct. 30 and 31, according to Nielsen Music/MRC Data.

“All I Want for Christmas Is You” nabbed 370,000 streams on Oct. 30, and then 345,000 on Oct. 31. On Nov. 1, it blasted to 940,000, and then on Nov. 2 it claimed 917,000 streams.

“All I Want for Christmas Is You” was released in 1994 as part of Carey’s first holiday album, Merry Christmas. The track eventually hit No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 in December 2019 (becoming her 19th leader, the most among soloists).

Comment

The Holidays Are Here: Mariah Carey's 'All I Want for Christmas Is You' Surges in Streams on Nov. 1

So we know it had 737k streams on Spotify US on 1 and 2 Nov according to Spotifycharts.
                                                  And it had 1.14M overall those two days.

Thanks to this article we know it's 65% coming from Spotify and 35% from other platforms for AIWFCIY.
                                                  (Or at least in those two days...)

I guess as Xmas comes near, streams in Apple Music will grow so the it'll be more balanced.

Comment

• I notice they reference on-demand streams though, is it a bit different from streams over all?

For example, they say Nov 1-2 had 1.14M on demand streams.
                                                    But later in the article they say Nov 1 = 940K and Nov 2 = 917K. Together that's 1.857M.

I'm a bit confused.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X