Mariah Carey :: The "Christmas" Eras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LostAvenger View Post
    Y’all think it could creep past the 10M mark this year? Seems like a stretch but by the end of next year for sure it will.

Comment

• The sales for Merry Christmas are pure? Otherwise I'm confused as it was certified for 8xP in 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrguy606 View Post
        Y’all think it could creep past the 10M mark this year? Seems like a stretch but by the end of next year for sure it will.
        I hope so, it was 7xP in 2019 and got to 8xP in 2020 so its definitely moving alot (although it may have been already close to 8m when it was finally re-certified in 2019)

Comment

• RIAA only certifies music when the respective thresholds were surpassed, I assume. So, MC should be at above 8m units.
          My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
            RIAA only certifies music when the respective thresholds were surpassed, I assume. So, MC should be at above 8m units.
            Indeed...

however maybe this is a reflection of known Soundscan sales plus streaming plus SEA etc... not including unknown sales (those uncounted by Soundscan including clubs). If they had access to that information.

Otherwise it's just a guess or made up.

There was a BB article that quoted MC's SPS plus SEA either before last Christmas or 2020.
            MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Last year, Billboard said that the album has sold 7.4M units with 5.8M pure sales.

https://www.billboard.com/pro/bigges...ysical-stores/

They mentioned it moves about 300K units per year.

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Spotify

3 Nov

121. AIWFCIY 1,171,151

Steady

Comment

• Spotify Weekly - AIWFCIY

US - #149 - 1,890,892
                  UK - #150 - 458,497
                  Canada - #162 - 259,817

Comment

• it's not that far off if Merry Christmas sells 330k a year in the US and the album was certified 8x platinum on December 14th 2020 and thus could conceivably reach 9x platinum this year and diamond in 2024 for its 30th anniversary Kenny G's Miracles the Holiday album was released a few weeks after Merry Christmas was granted Miracles last certification was on January 15th 1999 so is nearly 24 years out of date by as many as 4 million copies if he averages about 165,000 a year
                    "the love of a mothers life is her child/children"

Comment

• Originally posted by marcsgirl85 View Post
                      it's not that far off if Merry Christmas sells 330k a year in the US and the album was certified 8x platinum on December 14th 2020 and thus could conceivably reach 9x platinum this year and diamond in 2024 for its 30th anniversary Kenny G's Miracles the Holiday album was released a few weeks after Merry Christmas was granted Miracles last certification was on January 15th 1999 so is nearly 24 years out of date by as many as 4 million copies if he averages about 165,000 a year
                      How do you come to that conclusion?
                      8 million in 2020 with the season akmost done, selling 330k a year means it would need another six years of units to cross 10 million. So 2026 at earliest..
                      That chartmariah account just makes up numbers.
                      " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "
                      Stan of Meredith.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

How do you come to that conclusion?
                        8 million in 2020 with the season akmost done, selling 330k a year means it would need another six years of units to cross 10 million. So 2026 at earliest..
                        That chartmariah account just makes up numbers.
                        But its @chartdata that posted the 7.7 million number and they aren't known for making stuff up like those fan chart accounts, they should clarify if it was pure or SPS tho
                        Last edited by myworld; Fri November 4, 2022, 20:10.

Comment

• I don't know the figure as it's not on the list of the million sellers there, but adding Columbia and BMG Club Sales combined, as I'm sure it sold something there as well, if it's at 7.7M on Soundscan it must be close or even above 9M units by now.
                          I'm sure it'll be certified 9xPlat this season and probably Diamond by Xmas 2024.

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post
                            I don't know the figure as it's not on the list of the million sellers there, but adding Columbia and BMG Club Sales combined, as I'm sure it sold something there as well, if it's at 7.7M on Soundscan it must be close or even above 9M units by now.
                            I'm sure it'll be certified 9xPlat this season and probably Diamond by Xmas 2024.
                            Yeah, Merry Christmas was available for sale through clubs... even though I'd seen some people/sites arguing it wasn't. I'm sure I saw old record club catalogues from the US listing it for sale.

Merry Christmas was always about 800,000 to a million ahead in certs than its Soundscan figure (through the 90s and 2000s).

And in any case, given it was certified 8 Platinum middle of Dec 2020, it's added at least half a million units since then.

I'm sure the certification process is not instant... labels would have to submit paperwork weeks in advance... so the 14 Dec cert would not necessarily capture all Dec 2020, or even most of Nov 2020.
                            It could be two and a half seasons of sales now on top of that 8 P.

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post

Yeah, Merry Christmas was available for sale through clubs... even though I'd seen some people/sites arguing it wasn't. I'm sure I saw old record club catalogues from the US listing it for sale.

Merry Christmas was always about 800,000 to a million ahead in certs than its Soundscan figure (through the 90s and 2000s).

And in any case, given it was certified 8 Platinum middle of Dec 2020, it's added at least half a million units since then.

I'm sure the certification process is not instant... labels would have to submit paperwork weeks in advance... so the 14 Dec cert would not necessarily capture all Dec 2020, or even most of Nov 2020.
                              It could be two and a half seasons of sales now on top of that 8 P.
                              Oh yeah very good points. It could well be eligible in 2024 considering everything. The cert from 2020 may not even include sales from that season
                              you're right.
                              " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "
                              Stan of Meredith.

Comment

• All I Want for Christmas Is You

Spotify Charts
                                Week of November 3, 2022

#62 Iceland 8,654
                                #91 Ireland 67,290
                                #122 Denmark 73,527
                                #146 Netherlands 189,207
                                #149 United States 1,890,892
                                #150 United Kingdom 458,497
                                #159 Norway 75,887
                                #162 Canada 259,817
                                #175 Austria 39,145
                                9 Countries in the Top 200
                                Last edited by Clown10; Fri November 4, 2022, 22:36.

Comment

• It would be great if it were 9xP this season or just after... but would Sony/Mariah re-certify now or just wait for the Diamond cert?

Yeah Diamond isn't upon it just yet but. Maybe by 2024. But hey... nothing about Merry Christmas or AIW surprises me anymore.
                                  MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• UK TV Airplay Chart:

22 (58) MARIAH CAREY All I Want For Christmas Is You 85 +93%

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                      But hey... nothing about Merry Christmas or AIW surprises me anymore.
                                      True, the power of this song and album is just unmatched

Comment

• AIWFCIY's position on AM is very important especially in the US since it's bigger than Spotify there... it's definitely getting some big streams we unfortunately can't see (and it's the only Xmas song I can see in the top 100)

Apple Music:
                                        #69 Ireland
                                        #76 Canada
                                        #76 Denmark
                                        #81 United States
                                        #87 South Korea
                                        #96 Norway
                                        #100 United Kingdom

Comment

• Originally posted by myworld View Post
                                          AIWFCIY's position on AM is very important especially in the US since it's bigger than Spotify there... it's definitely getting some big streams we unfortunately can't see (and it's the only Xmas song I can see in the top 100)

Apple Music:
                                          #69 Ireland
                                          #76 Canada
                                          #76 Denmark
                                          #81 United States
                                          #87 South Korea
                                          #96 Norway
                                          #100 United Kingdom
                                          We should see the first charts re-entries in the coming days.
                                          My Chart

Comment

Last edited by gorgonzola; Sat November 5, 2022, 22:07.

Comment

• Spotify

4 Nov

164. AIWFCIY 1,175,751

Hoping for good weekend numbers

Comment

• UK Monday Midweeks
                                                66 (Re) AIWFCIY

It has started!

Comment

• AIW has been around the top 50 of itunes in the US, and still doing well on Apple Music, Spotify, and youtube... not sure if it can land on the Digital Songs BB chart just yet... but would have if it were a top 100 (published on their website).
                                                  MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post
                                                    UK Monday Midweeks
                                                    66 (Re) AIWFCIY

It has started!

Probably, if it manages to keep climbing, it will be a re-entry into the top 50. I hope it makes the danish and dutch chart. Ireland is a sure..

Comment

Working...
                                                    X