No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey :: The "Christmas" Eras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it all depends when the Itunes single was released in Denmark I.E. if it was released in 2009 then Platinum for singles was 30,000 so 4x platinum is 120,000 and albums released from 1994 to March 2003 platinum is 50,000 so Merry Christmas has sold 150,000 copies in Denmark
    "the love of a mothers life is her child/children"

Comment

• AM might be the biggest streaming based on subscribers count but not consumption. That is the only logical explanation i can find as to why the gap is small despite AIW leading in all other streaming platforms.

Americans also seemed to like using the christmas classic playlist more than other christmas playlists. That explains why other classics are surging as well.

This year, AIW might have 2 weeks at no.1 and 3 with Brenda.

Dec. 10 - Mariah
      Dec. 17- Brenda
      Dec. 24 - Brenda
      Dec. 31 - Brenda
      Jan. 7 - Mariah

If spotify daily gap though may just be around 200k - 250k, AIW can stay atop.

This is worrying but exciting times lol.
      A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Brenda deserves at least 1 week at #1. Mariah should spend 2-3 week at the pole position
        Last edited by arab; Tue November 29, 2022, 21:58.

Comment

• Originally posted by LostAvenger View Post
          AUSTRIA:

01 (13) 79 All I Want For Christmas Is You - 10th week at #1, it's not even December yet
          How the hell is a 30 year old Christmas song the most popular song in November ? I don't even wanna know how much it will do in the Christmas week then.

Comment

• HDD US Predictions: Merry Christmas back in the top 10!

Comment

• Originally posted by Statsandchart View Post
              We can imagine how much better Mariah's AIWFCIY would do in Spotify streams if Spotify didn't exclude it from its biggest playlist to boycott Mariah
              I think this narrative is flawed because All I want for Christmas has never been on the playlist.
              IF it was and had been removed, I would get your point.
              All i want is a modern day xmas song.
              " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "
              Stan of Meredith.

Comment

• True, it is not included ever since the playlist was created. Last Christmas is not there too so we wont be seeing AIW there anytime soon.

Comment

• u guys just discuss Brenda but i m more surprised by Nat King Cole. How on earth is Christmas Song having more units than Merry Christmas?

Comment

• I think we need to accept the fact that Mariah won't be holding the #1 song every single Christmas season week for the rest of eternity, cause that's just not realistic, and we're starting to see that. I think she will get to #1 of course, but I also think Brenda will too (and she deserves, cause the song is a classic and we should congratulate her instead of being petty). From the way I see it, this is exciting and will make Mariah and her team continue to promote her Christmas music and being creative about it.

Originally posted by ferrero View Post
                    u guys just discuss Brenda but i m more surprised by Nat King Cole. How on earth is Christmas Song having more units than Merry Christmas?
                    Probably because of The Christmas Song (the song), which is huge, and also Deck the Halls that always does well in the US (it does better than C(BPCH) which is Mariah's second biggest hit on her album). Also forgot about Joy to the World which is even bigger than Deck the Halls.
                    Last edited by manuelbutera; Wed November 30, 2022, 00:44.

Comment

• American folks are into classic when it comes to christmas music.

i dont expect AIW to remain atop forever but several more years please lol...Brenda is not just the competition. Jingle bell rock is close behind as well. christmas week last year, it had the same streaming numbers with AIW.

Comment

• A top 10 for Merry Christmas is exciting news. Closer to that diamond status.

On the battle of the Christmas songs topic. Mariah's team/label needs to find creative ways to increase those spotift streams. Certainly Brenda label discounted and not surprise of the high playlisting and shocking algorithms happening.
                        Proceed with Caution

Comment

• Originally posted by Askforsnow View Post
                          Brenda’s song is charting on Pandora charts. AIW isn’t or hasn’t yet.
                          People on Pandora just play the classic Christmas stations. It’s unfortunate.

Comment

• Originally posted by carey18ph View Post
                            American folks are into classic when it comes to christmas music.

i dont expect AIW to remain atop forever but several more years please lol...Brenda is not just the competition. Jingle bell rock is close behind as well. christmas week last year, it had the same streaming numbers with AIW.
                            Yes, I believe any of these other Christmas songs that reach the top 10 every year, could eventually go #1, depending on how much these teams/artists push for it.

Comment

• Re Spotify US, it’s also demographics. Young people use it more.
                              RATCT has been very viral on Tik Tok and will probably explode even more on Spotify in December.
                              if not this week, the next 3 weeks?

Comment

• So early and the album I s already top 10
                                hope it’ll be her 7th #1 this year

Comment

• Michael buble Christmas album isn't slowing down to let MC get anywhere close to the top 2
                                  Proceed with Caution

Comment

• A #2 position would be more than decent, Ill take that. Id love for a new AC artist to come up with a Christmas album that could already make Bublé go away, just like he replaced Josh Groban. Its a cute moment but its time to go.

Comment

• Just see how God works behind the scenes. Sam Smith revealed they listen to Mariah on Jennifer's show. Now, his fans - a sizeable chunk of audience - will learn Mariah Carey's name as they see her blocking thier fav on Xmas day. This will gather her quite a few new listeners, because, hello, curiosity.

Similarly, Fantasy. Ryan Renold's used Fantasy for his film. Latto x Mariah released a minor hit with BER. Then, it got voted as the best song of the 90s by a reputable mag,

All God'ss work.

Comment

• Mariah's Massive Merriest Milestones

Happy 'Anniversary' again: 52 weeks in the top 50 for AIWFCIY this week, after it hit that milestone last week for total weeks on the Hot 100. That means 52 of its 53 total charting weeks were spent in the top 50. The lone week outside? A lonely #83 back in 2000 when it was first eligible to chart on airplay points alone.

An even better start: After starting its season last week at a new high of #25, AIWFCIY jumps straight into the Hot 100 top 5 at #5. This is the earliest in any season that AIWFCIY has hit the top 10, let alone the top 5. Its previous best was last year's #12 in the corresponding chart week. Last year it jumped from #12 to #3. Can it do better this year?

And better still... still: On the Streaming Songs chart, AIWFCIY outdid its hot pace from last year, besting 2021's #5 placement for the corresponding week with a jump to #3. Once again, this is the best its performed on this chart at this stage of the season.

Setting sale: AIWFCIY sails right into the top 20 of the Digital Song Sales chart at #14, an improvement on last year's #23 placement in the corresponding chart week, and #32 the year before that. It's poised to make a splash in the top 10 next week.

Album launch straight into the top 20: A jump to #19 on the Billboard 200 is the highest position Merry Christmas has been on this chart at this stage of the season, equaling 2018 where it moved 50-19-15. It looks like Merry Christmas will best this by jumping into the top 10 next week.

It's Christmas on the Holiday charts: Joining AIWFICY on the Holiday 100 is Christmas (BPCH), re-entering the chart at #51, besting last year's re-entry at #59. It also does one better than last year's performance by entering the Holiday Airplay chart a week earlier this year, coming in at #43. Can it have longevity this time round?

* It's not just AIWFCIY though that's seeing some impressive performances. Other popular Christmas songs are also entering the Hot 100 either earlier that last year, or at higher positions earlier in the season. At this stage, AIWFICY is still at the helm of this list.

* Hark! The Herald had a good start to the season last year, debuting on the Holiday 100 at this stage, but so far it's absent from the list.
                                        MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Yesterday 1.056.298 in US Spotify (Brenda 1.242.129). The gap gets smaller.

In the global chart 3.485.781 and remains at #7

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                            Mariah's Massive Merriest Milestones

Happy 'Anniversary' again: 52 weeks in the top 50 for AIWFCIY this week, after it hit that milestone last week for total weeks on the Hot 100. That means 52 of its 53 total charting weeks were spent in the top 50. The lone week outside? A lonely #83 back in 2000 when it was first eligible to chart on airplay points alone.

An even better start: After starting its season last week at a new high of #25, AIWFCIY jumps straight into the Hot 100 top 5 at #5. This is the earliest in any season that AIWFCIY has hit the top 10, let alone the top 5. Its previous best was last year's #12 in the corresponding chart week. Last year it jumped from #12 to #3. Can it do better this year?

And better still... still: On the Streaming Songs chart, AIWFCIY outdid its hot pace from last year, besting 2021's #5 placement for the corresponding week with a jump to #3. Once again, this is the best its performed on this chart at this stage of the season.

Setting sale: AIWFCIY sails right into the top 20 of the Digital Song Sales chart at #14, an improvement on last year's #23 placement in the corresponding chart week, and #32 the year before that. It's poised to make a splash in the top 10 next week.

Album launch straight into the top 20: A jump to #19 on the Billboard 200 is the highest position Merry Christmas has been on this chart at this stage of the season, equaling 2018 where it moved 50-19-15. It looks like Merry Christmas will best this by jumping into the top 10 next week.

It's Christmas on the Holiday charts: Joining AIWFICY on the Holiday 100 is Christmas (BPCH), re-entering the chart at #51, besting last year's re-entry at #59. It also does one better than last year's performance by entering the Holiday Airplay chart a week earlier this year, coming in at #43. Can it have longevity this time round?

* It's not just AIWFCIY though that's seeing some impressive performances. Other popular Christmas songs are also entering the Hot 100 either earlier that last year, or at higher positions earlier in the season. At this stage, AIWFICY is still at the helm of this list.

* Hark! The Herald had a good start to the season last year, debuting on the Holiday 100 at this stage, but so far it's absent from the list.
                                            Great resume!

Comment

• Germany Midweek

1 (6) All I Want For Christmas Is You

Comment

• On AM (USA) Mariah is #8 while Brenda is #62.

There must be 200K streams difference on this platform only!

Can anyone link the Amazon and Pandora music charts?

Comment

• Originally posted by sprock93 View Post
                                                  On AM (USA) Mariah is #8 while Brenda is #62.

There must be 200K streams difference on this platform only!

Can anyone link the Amazon and Pandora music charts?
                                                  Apple Music must have almost 0 impact in the US. Maybe it collapsed over the past year or so. I don't think that Mariah gets more than 20k total streams at #8 and Brenda probably gets 10k at #62. The difference must be abysmal, otherwise I'm not sure how she could compete with AIW.
                                                  My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                                                    Yesterday 1.056.298 in US Spotify (Brenda 1.242.129). The gap gets smaller.

In the global chart 3.485.781 and remains at #7
                                                    Great...another less than 200k lead. Last Sunday was the biggest so far with over 250k.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X