No announcement yet.

Lady GaGa :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't believe that she's sold 90m singles pre Born This Way - they must be incorporating ringtones, mastertones and such like.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix
      Originally posted by Wayne
      65m more since?

Come on, break it down!
      No one will do a break down for it , because its simply impossible.

With some more or less thousands her singles sales are around this:

Just dance - 9 million
      Poker face - 13 million
      Eh eh (nothing else I can say) - 1,5 million
      Lovegame - 4,5 million
      Paparazzi - 5 million
      Bad Romance - 9 million
      Telephone - 8 million
      Alejandro - 5 million
      Born this way - 8 million
      Judas - 2,2 million
      The edge of glory - 5 million
      You & I - 2,7 million
      Marry the night - 1 million
      Applause - 3,7 million
      Do what U want - 2 million

Around 80M sinlges sold.

125M singles is impossible ... Even adding album tracks sales is not possible
      Some of those are TOO low.

IFPI reported "Bad Romance" selling 9.7 million in 2010 alone... And it kept selling in 2011 (and it keeps nowaydays). Sales of BR are close to 11 million.

And, as I've just said, BTW sold 8.2 till Nov 11, according to IFPI YEC, so sales must be at least 9 million, not 8.

Most of those are your estimations or what?

125 million is maybe too much (even if Billboard says so.... or the press release for her performance on SXSW saying 130 million now) But she has crossed 100 million, that's for sure.

Comment

• This is what we have from the IFPI (additional sales were added in 2012)
        1. Poker Face - 14,000,000 (9.8M in 2009)
        2. Bad Romance - 12,000,000 (9.7M in 2010)
        3. Just Dance - 10,780,000 (7.7M in 2009)
        4. Born This Way - 9,000,000 (8.2M in 2011)
        5. Telephone - 8,800,000 (7.4M in 2010)

=54.5M from her Top 5 biggest hits, and this includes ringtones, MV sales, etc, so how exactly did she sell another 60M from her other singles? It doesn't make any sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by JadeBritx
          This is what we have from the IFPI (additional sales were added in 2012)

=54.5M from her Top 5 biggest hits, and this includes ringtones, MV sales, etc, so how exactly did she sell another 60M from her other singles? It doesn't make any sense.
          It really doesn't make sense .., and well the 90 million figure from The Fame singles come from her personal site that is handled by her and her team, couldn't they have just inflated it a bit?

I would like to see a break down of 90million copies from the 8 (7 released WW) The Fame singles, thats an average of 11,25M per single.
          Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

Originally posted by JadeBritx
            This is what we have from the IFPI (additional sales were added in 2012)

It really doesn't make sense .., and well the 90 million figure from The Fame singles come from her personal site that is handled by her and her team, couldn't they have just inflated it a bit?

I would like to see a break down of 90million copies from the 8 (7 released WW) The Fame singles, thats an average of 11,25M per single.
            Press releases always inflate sales anyway, it's just not just Gaga but this goes for any other artist really. I can find a bunch of press releases claiming she has sold 30M albums when she has actually sold under 23M.

This should be closer to the actual numbers and I'm being generous here. No way she has sold another 35M.

Just Dance - 10.8M
            Poker Face - 14M
            Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say) - 1.5M
            LoveGame - 4.5M
            Paparazzi - 5M
            Bad Romance - 12M
            Telephone - 8.8M
            Alejandro - 5M
            Born This Way - 9m
            Judas - 2.2M
            The Edge Of Glory - 5M
            You & I - 2.7M
            Marry The Night - 1M
            Applause - 3.7M
            Do What U Want - 2M

=87M

Comment

• Ah.

IFPI year end numbers include ring tone and master tones, explains the higher estimates.

Comment

• Do you realise MTN has sold close to 850k in US and UK alone? Don't you realise 1 million is just too little?

Same thing for Judas... 1,3 million with US and UK alone. 250k in Japan... 2.2? Really? It was Top 10 everywhere and it's certified in many other countries.

Did you know that, for example, Starstruck, an album track, has sold 800k copies in US alone? (Billboard reported in September). Album tracks for TF and TFM could be, combined, more than 5 million WW.

125 million is simply too much... we all agree. But that estimations you and Mr. Leonix are making (what a coincidende, you two... why it would be?) are simply too too low.

100 million singles sold NOW it's a given.

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho
                  Do you realise MTN has sold close to 850k in US and UK alone? Don't you realise 1 million is just too little?

Same thing for Judas... 1,3 million with US and UK alone. 250k in Japan... 2.2? Really? It was Top 10 everywhere and it's certified in many other countries.
                  I just said with a few more or less thousands , the estimations are close / around it

For example "Judas" estimations

US - 900K
                  UK - 310K
                  Japan - 250K
                  Germany - 70K?
                  Canada - 80K
                  Australia - 90K
                  Italy - 20K
                  Nz - 9K
                  Spain - 30K
                  Sweden - 60K
                  Mexico - 30K (estimated)
                  South Korea - 400K
                  France - 40K
                  Others - 150K (uncertified or one week wonder top 10 peaks in other small markets)

Total: 2,439,000

I don't see it over 2,5million units
                  Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho
                    Do you realise MTN has sold close to 850k in US and UK alone? Don't you realise 1 million is just too little?

Did you know that, for example, Starstruck, an album track, has sold 800k copies in US alone? (Billboard reported in September). Album tracks for TF and TFM could be, combined, more than 5 million WW.

125 million is simply too much... we all agree. But that estimations you and Mr. Leonix are making (what a coincidende, you two... why it would be?) are simply too too low.

100 million singles sold NOW it's a given.
                    First off, those are not my estimations, secondly, we're taking SINGLES here, not album tracks. that's why I didn't include them in my post. If you wanna believe she has indeed sold 100M singles without any logic receipts then that's your prerogative.

Comment

I just said with a few more or less thousands , the estimations are close / around it

For example "Judas" estimations

US - 900K
                      UK - 310K
                      Japan - 250K
                      Germany - 70K?
                      Canada - 80K
                      Australia - 90K
                      Italy - 20K
                      Nz - 9K
                      Spain - 30K
                      Sweden - 60K
                      Mexico - 30K (estimated)
                      South Korea - 400K
                      France - 40K
                      Others - 150K (uncertified or one week wonder top 10 peaks in other small markets)

Total: 2,439,000

I don't see it over 2,5million units
                      Why don't you use this methodology with Britney's singles?

Comment

• Originally posted by Haribo
                        I do it, and I've done plenty of break downs of her singles (with sources and links from South Korean amounts and taking into account certifications received and reported soundscan numbers)

Comment

Originally posted by Haribo
                          I do it, and I've done plenty of break downs of her singles (with sources and links from South Korean amounts and taking into account certifications received and reported soundscan numbers)
                          I've seen your break downs too.
                          I don't get why some people love going off-topic by bringing up other artists. Just because we're Britney fans doesn't mean we can't make estimations for other artists. I like Gaga. It's not that serious. Just make your own estimations if you don't agree with ours, simple as that.

Comment

First off, those are not my estimations, secondly, we're taking SINGLES here, not album tracks. that's why I didn't include them in my post. If you wanna believe she has indeed sold 100M singles without any logic receipts then that's your prerogative.
                            Without any logic???? LOL.

Even with your purposely low estimations you said 87 million singles... And that doesn't include album tracks.

So, yes, 100 million "songs" sold WW it's a fact.

And serious and prestigious musical sources saying that figure (and bigger ones) have much much more logic than your personal estimations.

Comment

Originally posted by MrLeonix
                              Originally posted by Haribo
                              I've seen your break downs too.
                              I don't get why some people love going off-topic by bringing up other artists. Just because we're Britney fans doesn't mean we can't make estimations for other artists. I like Gaga. It's not that serious. Just make your own estimations if you don't agree with ours, simple as that.
                              Actually, MrLeonix's methodology is close to mine so I'm okay.

Comment

• Updated US sales history:

4,572,000 "The Fame" (2008)
                                1,585,000, "The Fame Monster" (EP) (2010)
                                308,000, "The Remix" (2010)
                                2,326,000, "Born This Way" (2011)
                                60,000, "Born This Way: The Remix" (2011)
                                42,000, "A Very Gaga Holiday" (EP) (2011)
                                679,000, "ARTPOP" (2013)

7,092,000, "Poker Face" (the seventh-best-selling download all time)
                                6,891,000, "Just Dance" (feat. Colby O'Donis)
                                5,485,000, "Bad Romance"
                                3,987,000, "Born This Way"
                                3,434,000, "Paparazzi"
                                3,328,000, "Telephone" (feat. Beyonce)
                                2,860,000, "The Edge of Glory"
                                2,584,000, "LoveGame"
                                2,505,000, "Alejandro"
                                2,413,000, "Applause"
                                2,232,000, "You and I"
                                1,112,000, "Do What U Want" (feat. R. Kelly)

http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... ce=twitter

Comment

• So, her albums sales in France so far are:

The Fame (Monster) - 630 000
                                  Born This Way - 190 000
                                  The Remix - 50 000
                                  Both This Way Remix - charted for 3 weeks *71-157-171* - I'd say 5 000 - 10 000 copies
                                  Artpop - 60 000

Total: 930 000-940 000

Coming for 1 million soon!

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/Lady-GaGa ... 80275.html
                                  http://www.infodisc.fr/Ventes_Album10.php

Comment

• 4/12 Catalog 200

199 LADY GAGA FAME 1,162 0 1,162 4,572,955 3xp

Comment

• Selling over 100+ million singles is an amazing feat for Gaga. Well Done !

Comment

• Telephone crossed 200 milion views on Vevo!

Bad Romance 586,434,756
                                        Alejandro 206,752,264
                                        Telephone 200,116,543
                                        Judas 188,942,955
                                        Poker Face 188,363,364
                                        Just Dance 168,616,375
                                        Applause 168,124,440
                                        Born This Way 131,994,233
                                        Paparazzi 114,067,008
                                        LoveGame 106,497,064
                                        The Edge Of Glory 79,145,215
                                        Yoü And I 76,423,672
                                        Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say) 62,779,524
                                        Marry The Night 60,242,917
                                        Video Phone 55,385,077
                                        G.U.Y. - An ARTPOP Film 43,792,760
                                        Do What U Want (Audio) 35,918,872
                                        Beautiful, Dirty, Rich 28,118,098
                                        The Lady is a Tramp 13,758,336
                                        Chillin 8,870,099
                                        Celine Dion - Ashes from Deadpool 2 (Music Video)

Comment

• Here is the full updated list of Japanese physical sales.

Singles
                                          *23,448 .. *10 .. *12 .. 2011/03/16 .. Born This Way
                                          **6,856 .. *18 .. **7 .. 2013/09/11 .. Applause

Albums
                                          362,437 .. **6 .. 157 .. 2009/05/20 .. The Fame *
                                          625,632 .. **2 .. 135 .. 2009/11/18 .. The Fame Monster *
                                          235,698 .. **7 .. *82 .. 2010/03/03 .. The Remix
                                          *16,999 .. *80 .. *18 .. 2010/08/04 .. The Fame (CD+DVD) *
                                          **1,000 .. 166 .. **1 .. 2010/12/08 .. The Singles (EP)
                                          754,936 .. **1 .. *72 .. 2011/05/23 .. Born This Way
                                          *51,937 .. *14 .. *20 .. 2011/11/23 .. Born This Way The Remix
                                          194,736 .. **1 .. *28 .. 2013/11/06 .. Artpop

*** The Fame + The Fame Monster + The Fame (CD+DVD) = 1,005,068

Comment

• 6/7 Billboard charts:

https://music.yahoo.com/blogs/chart-wat ... 10608.html

Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" tops the 4 million in digital sales this week.

It's Gaga's fourth song to reach that threshold, following "Poker Face" (7,117,000), "Just Dance" (featuring Colby O'Donis, 6,911,000) and "Bad Romance" (5,503,000)

Comment

• btw, I thought it was posted but i guess it hasn't, a little late but here goes:

RIAA GOLD & PLATINUM NEWS
                                              Lady Gaga Becomes RIAA's First Female Digital Diamond Award Recipient
                                              May 15, 2014
                                              WASHINGTON–The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) on Tuesday presented Lady Gaga with a prestigious Diamond Award in recognition of “Bad Romance” (Streamline/Interscope) surpassing the 10 million threshold counting song sales and streams.
                                              read the rest here:
                                              http://www.riaa.com/news_room.php?co...d-and-platinum

--

I guess they stressed female since the first award was given to Bieber last year for "Baby" for digital single sales and streams (for 12xP) right?.

Comment

• ^Yes.

The certification is over a year old!

GaGa was in DC for a concert where the RIAA is located so GaGa got some publicity.

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigham
                                                  6/7 Billboard charts:

https://music.yahoo.com/blogs/chart-wat ... 10608.html

Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" tops the 4 million in digital sales this week.

It's Gaga's fourth song to reach that threshold, following "Poker Face" (7,117,000), "Just Dance" (featuring Colby O'Donis, 6,911,000) and "Bad Romance" (5,503,000)
                                                  BTW is 2xp.

Poker Face is 5xp.

Just Dance is 5xp.

Bad Romance is 10xp.

ArtPop needs to be certified Gold.

Applause needs to be certified.

DWUW needs to be certified.

Interscope won't pay for new certs or GaGa won't let them certify because she doesn't want to spend the $$$.

I think all certs are ultimately paid by the artist.

Comment

• wow she's very under-certified on that singles' dept. What's the label waiting for?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X