Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lady GaGa :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts


  • Album: Cheek to Cheek


    iTunes:
    #13 United States
    #24 Canada
    #31 Australia

    Comment


    • US iTunes: #11(+2) Cheek to Cheek

      Comment


      • now #9

        Comment


        • Amazing to see.

          Sadly, sales are soooo low right now that even if it returned to Top 20 album sales next week, it won’t make it to BB200 considering how low that album’s streams are.

          But at least it should return to the album sales chart and the jazz chart (unless they have a catalog tule or something).

          It would be nice if Billboard posted updated sales...

          Comment


          • Originally posted by nympho View Post
            Amazing to see.

            Sadly, sales are soooo low right now that even if it returned to Top 20 album sales next week, it won’t make it to BB200 considering how low that album’s streams are.

            But at least it should return to the album sales chart and the jazz chart (unless they have a catalog tule or something).

            It would be nice if Billboard posted updated sales...
            hihi https://twitter.com/ViviLittleM/stat...43736437014528

            Comment


            • Comment




              • The greatest female song of the 2000s

                Comment


                • US AM
                  1295. (NEW) Lady Gaga - Bad Romance

                  Comment




                  • Going to 5x P

                    Comment


                    • US AM
                      1310. NEW Lady Gaga - Born This Way (Special Edition)
                      1328. NEW Lady Gaga - ARTPOP

                      Comment


                      • Billboard Jazz Albums
                        23 (Re) 81 Cheek to Cheek

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by nympho View Post
                          Billboard Jazz Albums
                          23 (Re) 81 Cheek to Cheek
                          Ready for CTC2 to be #1 for months and CTC #2

                          Comment


                          • US TOP ALBUM SALES

                            #86. (RE)
                            Born This Way — 55 weeks


                            How did Born This Way get back on the chart but CTC didn't? lol.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Million View Post
                              US TOP ALBUM SALES

                              #86. (RE)
                              Born This Way — 55 weeks


                              How did Born This Way get back on the chart but CTC didn't? lol.
                              UO vinyls i guess

                              Comment


                              • Billboard 200

                                192 (186) 231 The Fame

                                glad it snatched another week. Can it please stay for another week?

                                also:

                                Austria

                                67 (59) 141 The Fame

                                Belgium

                                Wallonia: 116 (77) 108 The Fame

                                Flanders: 52 (61) 135 The Fame

                                Ireland

                                86 (79) 218 The Fame

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by Moella View Post
                                  Billboard 200

                                  192 (186) 231 The Fame

                                  glad it snatched another week. Can it please stay for another week?
                                  Coming for Teenage Dream

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by Million View Post

                                    Coming for Teenage Dream
                                    Teenage Dream - 8 times platinum
                                    The Fame - 6 times platinum

                                    Quite a way to go yet to surpass Teenage Dream's sales in the US. Not to mention it's record streak of number one singles.

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                                      Teenage Dream - 8 times platinum
                                      The Fame - 6 times platinum

                                      Quite a way to go yet to surpass Teenage Dream's sales in the US. Not to mention it's record streak of number one singles.
                                      The Fame is at ~4,9 million pure sales
                                      Teenage Dream is at 3,1 million
                                      The Fame’s units are split because of The Fame Monster! The Fame Monster is at ~1,7 million pure sales but was certified 5x Platinum.. If their sales were counted altogether like in the UK, The Fame would have been Diamond

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by HarrisGaga View Post
                                        The Fame is at ~4,9 million pure sales
                                        Teenage Dream is at 3,1 million
                                        The Fame’s units are split because of The Fame Monster! The Fame Monster is at ~1,7 million pure sales but was certified 5x Platinum.. If their sales were counted altogether like in the UK, The Fame would have been Diamond
                                        Well I never said anything about pure sales. Streaming counts for everyones tallies so it doesn't matter what the split is between pure sales and streaming.
                                        But they aren't though. Gaga insisted they were seperate albums and wanted them certified as such so The fame is certified for 6 times platinum and The Fame Monster is 5 times platinum while Teenage Dream is 8 times platinum

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                                          Teenage Dream - 8 times platinum
                                          The Fame - 6 times platinum

                                          Quite a way to go yet to surpass Teenage Dream's sales in the US. Not to mention it's record streak of number one singles.
                                          Well... The Fame could perfectly be Diamond by now if her label had decided to certify it that way and leave TFM (EP) just certified Platinum with its pure sales instead of splitting certifications 6xP/5xP as they did last year...

                                          Anyway, you both better leave the needless Katy comparisons out of here, please.

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by nympho View Post

                                            Well... The Fame could perfectly be Diamond by now if her label had decided to certify it that way and leave TFM (EP) just certified Platinum with its pure sales instead of splitting certifications 6xP/5xP as they did last year...

                                            Anyway, you both better leave the needless Katy comparisons out of here, please.
                                            Well I guess we have to respect their and I assume, Gaga's decision to do that.

                                            Well it was Million who spoke about Teenage Dream I just responded. I agree there was no need for Teenage Dream to be mentioned here in the first place.

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                                              Well I never said anything about pure sales. Streaming counts for everyones tallies so it doesn't matter what the split is between pure sales and streaming.
                                              But they aren't though. Gaga insisted they were seperate albums and wanted them certified as such so The fame is certified for 6 times platinum and The Fame Monster is 5 times platinum while Teenage Dream is 8 times platinum
                                              Sorry but No! The label decided to certify the album that way! It’s almost 5x Platinum only by its pure sales! You think that an album with the streams of the monster hits Poker Face, Just Dance and big hits like Paparazzi and Love Game only gives the album an extra 1M from streams? lol! Nympho explained it better above!

                                              Comment


                                              • Reminder that Nielsen data tells us that The Fame sold 8.8M units ahead of Gaga’s halftime in 2017.
                                                A while before a WSJ article also revealed The Fame Monster sold 5.7M units.
                                                So The Fame’s certification is outdated while The Fame Monster is eligible for even more by now.
                                                Last edited by Moella; Wed February 10, 2021, 01:25.

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                                                  Teenage Dream - 8 times platinum
                                                  The Fame - 6 times platinum

                                                  Quite a way to go yet to surpass Teenage Dream's sales in the US. Not to mention it's record streak of number one singles. ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
                                                  If you know the basics of interpreting, you'll know very well that I was talking about weeks on the chart, not units, because a year ago, the difference between TF and TD in weeks on the chart was 13 weeks, and today the difference has dropped to just 7 weeks, it's a fact that this will happen, whether you like it or not. Also, it's no use talking about the sales of Katy's #1 hits from a decade ago because a #1 song means nothing. Bad Romance, a #2 song, sold more in pure sales than 5 of Katy's 9 #1 songs in the US, take a look:

                                                  Bad Romance (#2) — 5.937 million

                                                  California Gurls (#1) — 5.895 million
                                                  Teenage Dream (#1) — 5M
                                                  I Kissed a Girl (#1) — 4.8M
                                                  Last Friday Night (#1) — 3.8M
                                                  Part of Me (#1) — 2.8M


                                                  See? A #1 song means nothing, some songs were just lucky to debut in weeks of low points and/or little competition. Bad Romance, for example, faced fierce competition and missed #1 for literally just 3k of digital copies:

                                                  December 26, 2009 - Hot 100
                                                  1. Empire State of Mind: 261771 points (137k sales, 125k airplay)
                                                  2. Tik Tok: 259047 points (182k sales, 77k airplay)
                                                  3. Bad Romance: 258547 points (183k sales, 76k airplay)

                                                  A #1 hit has more to do with the competition the song faced at that time than with the song's overall success.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Chile stop...

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X