Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nympho View Post
    Thanks to the vinyl release of the 10th anniversary edition:
    Kelly's Wrapped in Red sold 2.9k pure sales this week according to HDD and is out of Top 100 sales, so Born This Way sold 3k pure sales this week.

Comment

• Comment

• With only 9 days left to end the year…

Comment

• 100k is great for this song given its miserable playlist reach.
          Playlist reach of Christmas songs on Spotify

Mariah Carey - All I Want for Christmas Is You - 84.1M
          Wham! - Last Christmas - 68.8M
          Ed Sherman & Elton John - Merry Christmas - 67.7M
          Ariana Grande - Santa Tell Me - 61.9M
          Brenda Lee - Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree - 58.8M
          Michael Bublé - It's Beginning to Look a Lot like Christmas - 55.8M
          Andy Williams - It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year - 55.3M
          José Feliciano - Feliz Navidad - 54M
          Bobby Helms - Jingle Bell Rock - 53.3M
          Justin Bieber - Mistletoe - 52.7M
          Kelly Clarkson - Underneath the Tree - 52M
          The Ronettes - Sleigh Ride - 49.5M
          John Lennon & Yoko Ono - Happy Xmas (War Is Over) - 49M
          Sia - Snowman - 47.6M
          Michael Bublé - Holly Jolly Christmas - 46.6M
          Paul McCartney - Wonderful Christmastime - 46.1M
          Dean Martin - Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! - 45.4
          Band Aid - Do They Know It's Christmas? - 45.1M
          Frank Sinatra - Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! - 44.4M
          Chris Rea - Driving Home for Christmas - 42.7M
          Elton John - Step Into Christmas - 41.3M
          Shakin' Stevens - Merry Christmas Everyone - 36.2M
          Coldplay - Christmas Lights - 20M
          Britney Spears - My Only Wish (This Year) - 17.8M
          Leona Lewis - One More Sleep - 17.1M
          Kylie Minogue - Santa Baby - 16.5M
          Sam Smith - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas - 16.2M
          Gwen Stefani ft. Blake Shelton - You Make It Feel Like Christmas - 12.7M
          Tony Bennett - Winter Wonderland - 12.2M
          Katy Perry - Cozy Little Christmas - 10.1M

And then, Gaga's Christmas songs…

Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga - Winter Wonderland - 2.6M
          Lady Gaga - White Christmas (live) - 851k
          Lady Gaga - Christmas Tree - 296k

At this point I doubt that Gaga asks her manager how she is doing on streaming platforms and how he is managing her career behind the scenes. That's what you get for firing a real manager and hiring a sycophant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Million View Post

At this point I doubt that Gaga asks her manager how she is doing on streaming platforms and how he is managing her career behind the scenes. That's what you get for firing a real manager and hiring a sycophant.

Sorry but all this makes no sense…

-She’s doing great on streaming, #10 most streamed female of the year despite no new material released this year, only jazz covers and remixes.
            -Managers cannot buy spots on Spotify playlists anytime they want.
            -You seem to have a little obsession with Bobby even blaming him regularly of issues only attached to the record label and not the management.
            -The list of amazing things that happened in Gaga’s career since Bobby is her manager is long: SuperBowl, Record-breaking Vegas residency, Grammys, Oscar, hundreds of Awards, two smash movies, #1 albums and single, recovering critics’ favour…
            -If you really prefer the state Gaga was in while managed by Troy, who basically destroyed her, personally and professionally, during Artpop era, to how Gaga is now since she’s with Bobby… I mean, I doubt you really wish her any good.

Of course there are hundreds of things that could be handled better on her musical career… (as basically every fan thinks of their fav’s career). But not everything is always the manager’s fault… sometimes is the label’s, sometimes is the own artist’s fault because of their personal decisions or artistic view.

At the end of the day, we all want what’s best for her and see her smashing… but no need to call him names… let alone in her charts & sales thread, which is very off topic.

Comment

Sorry but all this makes no sense…

-She’s doing great on streaming, #10 most streamed female of the year despite no new material released this year, only jazz covers and remixes.
              -Managers cannot buy spots on Spotify playlists anytime they want.
              -You seem to have a little obsession with Bobby even blaming him regularly of issues only attached to the record label and not the management.
              -The list of amazing things that happened in Gaga’s career since Bobby is her manager is long: SuperBowl, Record-breaking Vegas residency, Grammys, Oscar, hundreds of Awards, two smash movies, #1 albums and single, recovering critics’ favour…
              -If you really prefer the state Gaga was in while managed by Troy, who basically destroyed her, personally and professionally, during Artpop era, to how Gaga is now since she’s with Bobby… I mean, I doubt you really wish her any good.

Of course there are hundreds of things that could be handled better on her musical career… (as basically every fan thinks of their fav’s career). But not everything is always the manager’s fault… sometimes is the label’s, sometimes is the own artist’s fault because of their personal decisions or artistic view.

At the end of the day, we all want what’s best for her and see her smashing… but no need to call him names… let alone in her charts & sales thread, which is very off topic.
              Funny how you summed up everything Troy did for Gaga based solely on ARTPOP and drowned out everything that came before this album. If Gaga has a name today, I assure you, it wasn't because of that useless “manager” and her friends that she calls a “team” today.

Everything you said I know by heart, but everyone knows she can go beyond that if she puts her career in the right person's hands.

Comment

Funny how you summed up everything Troy did for Gaga based solely on ARTPOP and drowned out everything that came before this album. If Gaga has a name today, I assure you, it wasn't because of that useless “manager” and her friends that she calls a “team” today.

Everything you said I know by heart, but everyone knows she can go beyond that if she puts her career in the right person's hands.
                I didn't said he only was responsible of ArtPop but how she felt about him when he was fired, that is, on the ArtPop era. And thus, what could have followed if she had stayed with him.

Anyway, again, this is not the place to vent your frustrations about what you personally consider a bad management team. This is chart analysis.

Comment

I didn't said he only was responsible of ArtPop but how she felt about him when he was fired, that is, on the ArtPop era. And thus, what could have followed if she had stayed with him.

Anyway, again, this is not the place to vent your frustrations about what you personally consider a bad management team. This is chart analysis.
                  I'm one of the most contributing users to Gaga's threads when it comes to numbers and I only complain when something is clearly wrong, like her playlisting, I'm not a blind fan, if you want to pretend Troy is a monster and Bobby is the best manager in the world it ain’t my fault.

Comment

I'm one of the most contributing users to Gaga's threads when it comes to numbers and I only complain when something is clearly wrong, like her playlisting, I'm not a blind fan, if you want to pretend Troy is a monster and Bobby is the best manager in the world it ain’t my fault.
                    Why would you expect some random live version of White Christmas to have good playlisting?
                    Also do you really think that Christmas tree song belongs on any official Christmas playlist ? Its a meme song from 2008 and Gaga herself is probably happy to forget it exists..
                    You are not being realistic.
                    Last edited by InFamous; Sat December 25, 2021, 04:12.
                    " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Why would you expect some random live version of White Christmas to have good playlisting?
                      Also do you really think that Christmas tree song belongs on any official Christmas playlist ? Its a meme song from 2008 and Gaga herself is probably happy to forget it exists..
                      You are not being realistic.
                      If she doesn't want to release a real Christmas song then her manager should definitely invest in what she has in her bag so far, isn't that obvious? Even you should be able to understand this. Her version with Bennett for Winter Wonderland pulls decent numbers every Christmas season given its miserable reach on playlists, demonstrating that audiences will be there for the song if the song gets to them like all the popular Christmas songs, which have massive exposure on playlists. Something must be done by her manager until she decides to actually board the Christmas boat.

Comment

• Almost 300k for a jazz song with 0 playlisting, imagine when she puts out a Christmas pop song/album.

Comment

• Winter Wonderland has a current spotify reach of over 15 million and features in 632 playlists , far from the claimed zero.

Comment

Winter Wonderland has a current spotify reach of over 15 million and features in 632 playlists , far from the claimed zero.
                            That's Tony Bennett's solo version (#61 on Spotify Global with 2.6M streams). Gaga and Bennett's version only has 2.6M reach and 152 playlists. Check before stating something.

Comment

That's Tony Bennett's solo version (#61 on Spotify Global with 2.6M streams). Gaga and Bennett's version only has 2.6M reach and 152 playlists. Check before stating something.
                              Not according to songstats.com. Did they put the wrong version on Gagas page ?

https://songstats.com/artist/rj0oe5b...source=spotify

Edit - looks like they indeed did as the duet has 2.6M.. I guess it will be hard for the duet to gain traction over the solo, which is very popular.
                              Last edited by InFamous; Sun December 26, 2021, 02:49.

Comment

Not according to songstats.com. Did they put the wrong version on Gagas page ?

https://songstats.com/artist/rj0oe5b...source=spotify

Edit - looks like they indeed did as the duet has 2.6M.. I guess it will be hard for the duet to gain traction over the solo, which is very popular.
                                1. Don't insist on something you were intentionally wrong.
                                2. Popularity of a song on streaming platforms is directly linked to its reach on playlists, there is no such thing as "gaining traction", it doesn't happen like magic, all you need is a manager/label that deals with streaming platforms so that their artist has good positions in the main playlists of these streaming platforms, and Gaga doesn't have that.

Comment

1. Don't insist on something you were intentionally wrong.
                                  2. Popularity of a song on streaming platforms is directly linked to its reach on playlists, there is no such thing as "gaining traction", it doesn't happen like magic, all you need is a manager/label that deals with streaming platforms so that their artist has good positions in the main playlists of these streaming platforms, and Gaga doesn't have that.
                                  I doubt if is that simple. You really think Gagas manager can click his fingers and Spotify will replace Tonys solo version with the duet version. Highly unlikely. Gaga overall has a very good playlist reach and does very well on streaming so what you're saying doesnt even make any sense, in the overall context of her current career.

Comment

I doubt if is that simple. You really think Gagas manager can click his fingers and Spotify will replace Tonys solo version with the duet version. Highly unlikely. Gaga overall has a very good playlist reach and does very well on streaming so what you're saying doesnt even make any sense, in the overall context of her current career.
                                    When did I say that Gaga's manager would need to ask Spotify to replace Bennett's solo version of the song with the duet version with Gaga on playlists? Bennett is from Columbia and Gaga is from Interscope, different labels, different managers, so both versions can have good playlist reach, there is space for everyone, one thing has nothing to do with the other.

Also, Gaga doesn't have the playlist reach that an artist as big as she is should have, not to mention the boycott she had on Spotify until 2018.

Comment

When did I say that Gaga's manager would need to ask Spotify to replace Bennett's solo version of the song with the duet version with Gaga on playlists? Bennett is from Columbia and Gaga is from Interscope, different labels, different managers, so both versions can have good playlist reach, there is space for everyone, one thing has nothing to do with the other.

Also, Gaga doesn't have the playlist reach that an artist as big as she is should have, not to mention the boycott she had on Spotify until 2018.
                                      Its not realistic to think that Tonys solo version AND his duet version with Gaga are going to both get good playlisting - its just not realistic. People are going to continue to listen to Tonys version and that is the one which will likely be playlisted.

Comment

Its not realistic to think that Tonys solo version AND his duet version with Gaga are going to both get good playlisting - its just not realistic. People are going to continue to listen to Tonys version and that is the one which will likely be playlisted.
                                        I don't see what the problem is with that as they are different versions of artists with different labels and different management. There are several different versions of the same Christmas songs sung by different artists and they all get good playlisting, so I really don't know what your problem with that is, I think it's restricted to your obsession with specific artists...

What part of "people will only listen to something that comes to them" that you don't understand yet?! People only listen to Bennett's solo version because it gets good playlisting, just like ANY Christmas song that appears in the charts at this time of year, no exceptions.

Comment

• Move on.
                                          Both of you.

We had more than enough talking about Winter Wonderland, Gaga’s management and Spotify playlists placement probably till next Christmas season… so move on.
                                          And please, Infamous, next time check your facts first before posting fake info.

Thanks.

Comment

• Gaga's albums with the most weeks in the Top 100 on the Australian chart:

The Fame - 170 weeks (38 in 2021)
                                            The Fame Monster - 90 weeks
                                            A Star Is Born - 89 weeks
                                            Born This Way - 55 weeks
                                            Joanne - 30 weeks
                                            Chromatica - 26 weeks
                                            The Remix - 24 weeks
                                            Cheek to Cheek - 20 weeks
                                            ARTPOP - 16 weeks
                                            Love For Sale - 3 weeks
                                            Born This Way: The Remix - 3 weeks
                                            Monster (EP) - 1 week
                                            Dawn of Chromatica - 1 week

Comment

• Lady Gaga’s chart history on the Top 100 singles chart in Australia:

Shallow - 166 weeks
                                              Poker Face - 106 weeks
                                              Just Dance - 89 weeks
                                              Bad Romance - 56 weeks
                                              Telephone - 55 weeks
                                              Born This Way - 47 weeks
                                              Paparazzi - 47 weeks
                                              Rain On Me - 42 weeks
                                              The Edge of Glory - 35 weeks
                                              Always Remember Us This Way - 30 weeks
                                              Alejandro - 26 weeks
                                              Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say) - 26 weeks
                                              LoveGame - 24 weeks
                                              Applause - 23 weeks
                                              The Cure - 20 weeks
                                              You and I - 18 weeks
                                              Million Reasons- 17 weeks
                                              Judas - 17 weeks
                                              Dance In The Dark - 14 weeks
                                              I’ll Never Love Again - 14 weeks
                                              Stupid Love - 12 weeks
                                              Do What U Want - 10 weeks
                                              Chillin' - 10 weeks
                                              Perfect Illusion - 7 weeks
                                              The Fame - 5 weeks
                                              Video Phone Remix - 5 weeks
                                              Marry The Night - 3 weeks
                                              Sour Candy - 3 weeks
                                              Hair - 2 weeks
                                              Is That Alright? - 2 weeks
                                              Venus - 2 weeks
                                              Alice - 1 week
                                              Monster - 1 week
                                              Sine From Above - 1 week
                                              Dope - 1 week
                                              Free Woman - 1 week
                                              Look What I Found - 1 week
                                              911 - 1 week
                                              G.U.Y. - 1 week
                                              Fun Tonight - 1 week

Total: 942 weeks in the Top 100 so far.

Comment

• Let’s not forget that it has another video with 73 million views on FNL YouTube channel. (62+73=135M)

Comment

And these views count towards Million Reasons units as it's the credited song on it.

Comment

• 2021 Year-End YouTube Views
                                                    ​​​​​​
                                                    ​(Credits to @LG_views)

The Fame

Just Dance: 354M (+40,571,191)
                                                    Poker Face: 943M (+135,468,232)
                                                    LoveGame: 198M (+12,630,086)
                                                    Paparazzi: 292M (+23,102,396)
                                                    Eh Eh: 82M (+2,759,594)
                                                    Beautiful, Dirty, Rich: 41M (+1,120,196)

The Fame Monster

Bad Romance: 1.494B (+179,752,871)
                                                    Telephone: 415M (+24,741,296)
                                                    Telephone (Explicit): 101M (+1,432,339)
                                                    Alejandro: 474M (+48,465,777)
                                                    ---
                                                    Video Phone: 132M (+4,354,831)

Born This Way

Born This Way: 288M (+16,449,836)
                                                    Judas: 398M (+32,697,187)
                                                    The Edge Of Glory: 180M (+18,408,946)
                                                    Yoü And I: 167M (+10,058,086)
                                                    Marry The Night: 92M (+3,708,893)
                                                    ---
                                                    3-Way: 102M (+3,686,945)

ARTPOP

Applause: 394M (+21,304,857)
                                                    G.U.Y. (Broadcast Edit): 104M (+9,655,273)
                                                    G.U.Y.: 102M (+4,415,228)

Joanne

Perfect Illusion: 156M (+7,906,288)
                                                    Million Reasons: 280M (+32,988,800)
                                                    Million Reasons (Audio): 104M (+2,755,443)
                                                    John Wayne: 46M (+3,918,769)
                                                    Joanne (Piano Version): 32M (+2,730,059)

A Star Is Born

Shallow: 1.242B (+233,101,946)
                                                    I'll Never Love Again: 389M (+86,763,798)
                                                    INLA (Audio): 99M (+11,532,380)
                                                    Always Remember Us This Way: 358M (+85,152,091)
                                                    Look What I Found: 75M (+6,825,146)
                                                    Shallow (Live Oscars): 515M (+138,146,969)

Chromatica

Stupid Love: 146M (+17,678,545)
                                                    Rain On Me: 348M (+83,029,868)
                                                    Sour Candy (Audio): 108M (+17,787,082)
                                                    911: 70M (+21,301,279)

2022 milestones:

-Poker Face: 1 billion
                                                    -LoveGame: 200M
                                                    -Paparazzi: 300M

-BTW: 300M
                                                    -Judas: 400M

-Applause: 400M

-Million Reasons: 300M

-ARUTW: 400M
                                                    -INLA: 400M

-ROM: 400M