No announcement yet.

Toni Braxton :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s tough for R&B artists today to sell albums, but this is super disappointing and sad. Makes me think that Brandy achieving a top 20 was quite the achievement given the popularity and selling power of this genre.

I truly don’t know what else her team could do with this album. I mean, the best tracks have already been released, and though I enjoyed listening to it, it’s one of those good mellow albums that lack “obvious/catchy” hits, if I make any sense? Plus, clearly her promo avenues seem to be quite restricted to R&B radio stations, which clearly don’t yield the best results when selling music.
    A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else. - Bette Davis

Comment

• Billboard 200

OUT ( 163) Spell My Name

Comment

• Worldwide
        Apple Music Top 100 R&B/Soul Albums (31 aug- 6 sept)
        10.(31) spell my name - the Toni braxton

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
          Billboard 200

OUT ( 163) Spell My Name
          Billboard Top Album Sales
          63 (29) 2 Spell My Name

R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay
          50 NEW 1 Live Out Your Love (Kem Featuring Toni Braxton)

R&B Songs
          25 (16) 7 Do It

Adult R&B Songs
          10 (6) 23 Do It
          16 (16) 4 Live Out Your Love
          26 (28) 3 Dance (New Peak)

Comment

• Whats the difference between R&B songs and Adult R&B songs ? Is one airplay only ?

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
              Whats the difference between R&B songs and Adult R&B songs ? Is one airplay only ?
              Adult R&B is an airplay only chart.
              (Like Adult Pop, or Pop, or Adult Contemporary songs charts)
              There’s where she has been doing great.

R&B songs cover sales, streaming and airplay.

R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay covers airplay from R&B stations but also from rap and hip hop stations.

R&B/Hip-Hop Songs, which is the “big one”, covers airplay, streaming and sales. But, despite the name, since streaming is tracked, R&B songs barely chart or get good peaks there as it’s a completely hip hop dominated chart.

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post

Adult R&B is an airplay only chart.
                (Like Adult Pop, or Pop, or Adult Contemporary songs charts)
                There’s where she has been doing great.

R&B songs cover sales, streaming and airplay.

R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay covers airplay from R&B stations but also from rap and hip hop stations.

R&B/Hip-Hop Songs, which is the “big one”, covers airplay, streaming and sales. But, despite the name, since streaming is tracked, R&B songs barely chart or get good peaks there as it’s a completely hip hop dominated chart.
                I agree with you and I really feel for the longest while that they need to leave hip hop as a stand alone chart and not include r&b because r&b songs do suffer with bad peaks on this chart ever since the inclusion of streaming.

Comment

Working...
                X