Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swiss Year-End Charts 2019

#30 Natürlich!

Good result, despite a weaker than expected chartrun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
      Swiss Year-End Charts 2019

#30 Natürlich!

Good result, despite a weaker than expected chartrun.
      Not sure whether No. 30 is enough for gold... There was a time when that was the case. But at least it should be close to getting there.
      Don't need hindsight
      I'll make my emotions clear
      And then disappear
      With one strike
      (All Saints)

Comment

• 'Wohlfühlgarantie' reached gold in Germany for 100k+ copies shipped.
        Don't need hindsight
        And then disappear
        With one strike
        (All Saints)

Comment

• "Wohlfühlgarantie" already got a Gold certification in June 2019 (she posted it on her social media back then). Glad it's official now - finally!

With that said, "Wohlfühlgarantie" already did worse than her previous albums and "Natürlich!" did way worse. She's currently going into the wrong direction so fingers crossed she'll get back on track. She already announced a best of tour for 2021 so I guess she will release a best of album in 2020...

theMathematician Last but not least: #30 on the Swiss YEC is definitely not enough for Gold these days, you're right. A shame the Certification database is so outdated these days, so it's even hard to estimate that (in previous years we had at least a few more certs, so it was easier to estimate based on YEC position and which albums got certified...)

Comment

• Yes, a 'Best Of' next sounds likely. Not sure whether 'Natürlich!' will continue her gold streak, at least in Germany. My estimations:
            2. 20k
            10. 7k
            10. 6k
            11. 6k
            20. 5k
            20. 4k
            24. 4k
            30. 3k
            34. 3k
            38. 2k
            54. 2k
            61. 1k
            93. 800
            85. 800
            92. 800
            89. 800
            79. 800
            80. 800
            [4k]

(total so far: ~ 72k)

Tansike: Pity that the Swiss certification database is such a mess. More than 20 albums have already been certified in Germany in 2020, not even one in Switzerland so far.
            Last edited by theMathematician; Sun February 2nd, 2020, 15:29.
            Don't need hindsight
            And then disappear
            With one strike
            (All Saints)

Comment

• ^ Thanks for those estimations. 72k is not too bad I guess.

As for the Swiss certification database, I know this is a bit OT but there's no other place to talk about talk and there's not a lot to talk about in this topic anyway, so I just go ahead. You're right, it's a pity. Well, there is 1 certified album from 2020 that got added today, but there are only 7 certifications for albums in 2019, including 2-3 from today! Plus the certifications that got added today are really, really weird. Nico Santos' album "Streets Of Gold" going Platinum (chartrun: 29-Out-RE 82-Out) including "Rooftop" going 5xP (peak #5 with 29 weeks on the charts) and some other random tracks I've never heard of from his album going Gold, Freya Ridings' "Lost Without You" going Platinum with no chart entry at all or Dermot Kennedy "Power Over Me" going 2xP (peak #29, 25 weeks on the charts).

So something is really wrong with our database. If those releases get those certifications, why do others struggle with those and why are there only these few on the database? I really don't get it.

Sorry for the rant, but this is making me crazy.

Comment

• Tansike: Since the both of us are the main users to focus on chart analysis in the GAS context, it would be cool if you keep an eye on this whole thing going on in Switzerland because, to me, it sounds very weird. It reminds me of when albums barely charting still got certified in Austria a few years ago and from one day to another, albums needed to chart for a while to even go gold.
                Don't need hindsight
                And then disappear
                With one strike
                (All Saints)

Comment

Working...
                X