Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think this has been posted...
    JLo and Shakira's Smoking-Hot Super Bowl Performances Had Everyone Talking

According to data crunched by Twitter, Jennifer Lopez and Shakira’s smoking-hot rendition of “Waka Waka” was the most-tweeted moment during the halftime slot.

And for the one-two knockout punch, JLo’s pole-dance routine during her performance of “Waiting for Tonight” was the second-most tweeted spectacle.

Colombia star J Balvin made a big entrance when he joined JLo on stage at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami, big enough to emerge as the No. 3 most-tweeted moment during the Super Bowl 54 entertainment spot.
    https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...mances-twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by DanceAgain View Post
      iTunes Worldwide Albums:
      #48 Dance Again the hits
      #94 Laundry service

iTunes Worldwide JLo:
      #50 let's get loud
      #60 on the floor.
      #68 Waiting for tonight
      #87 Jenny from the block

iTunes Worldwide Shakira:
      #30 waka waka
      #31 whenever wherever
      #41 hips don't lie
      #69 she wolf

Amazing sales WW from both ladies, Shakiras doing better in singles but Wow Jennifer's doing alot better in Albums

40 million views now.
      Well Shakira doesnt have a greatest hits album so its kind of unfair to compare their albums as Jlos is a perfect buy while shakira you have to spend a lot on different albums. Like others have said though those Itunes numbers are negligible. The real test will be streaming tomorrow from Spotify and Apple Music.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post

Well Shakira doesnt have a greatest hits album so its kind of unfair to compare their albums as Jlos is a perfect buy while shakira you have to spend a lot on different albums. Like others have said though those Itunes numbers are negligible. The real test will be streaming tomorrow from Spotify and Apple Music.
        And obviously Shakira's numbers will be better, along with YouTube, because she's a much bigger force on streaming so it should come as no surprise to anyone but no doubt there'll be a few people in particular who will act like it "proves" people only watched the halftime show for her...

Either way, both of them are Queens and their halftime show was amazing! Other people can only dream of their faves headlining the Superbowl halftime show, let alone doing one as great as Jennifer and Shakira.
        Last edited by Neutral; Tue February 4th, 2020, 04:35.

Comment

• to recap things happened , plz stop mentioning these itunes positions it s silly coz itunes isnt a big thing now .

yes singles wise shakira is winning in the US , but album and singles for jlo are doing better worlwide , even in mexico where shakira is so big there her singles struggled to enter top 30 on itunes .

streaming is the force of everything will see today .

both did great

Comment

• Shakira is one of the biggest streaming acts out there, of course she will do better than Jennifer's. I think many people in America have 'discovered' Shakira after the halftime, 'cause she didn't do much promo in this market in recent years. Hope after this she feels encouraged to release new English singles.

Comment

• Originally posted by locoporti View Post
              Shakira is one of the biggest streaming acts out there, of course she will do better than Jennifer's. I think many people in America have 'discovered' Shakira after the halftime, 'cause she didn't do much promo in this market in recent years. Hope after this she feels encouraged to release new English singles.
              u mean the young generation yes , same thing happened with JLO as she is a veteran act and a lot of the young generation arent aware of her .
              anyway cant wait to check the streaming positions for both artists . they were amazing and cant recover from their performance

Comment

• Jennifer's album is almost top20 in the UK

Wonder if it's gonna chart
                Over 85 Mill records sold , 2.8 billion box office, over 5 billion streams, $130 million combined tour gross, Forbes most powerfull celeb 2012

Comment

• Shakira 6 songs in US Top 200 Spotify Charts, 3 songs in Global Top 200 Spotify Charts. J.Lo is a no show. Really strange not one J.Lo song managed to show up in Top 200.
                  I have received many gifts from God,
                  but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Spotify Update post Super Bowl

On The Floor

Yesterday: 207,399,648 + 44,720,389
                    Today: 207,697,536 +
                    297,888 + 323,283 = +621,171

#200 on Spotify global has 649k.
                    Really close to Top 200 if both versions were merged.

Jenny from the Block
                    Yesterday: 125,839,756
                    Today:
                    +348,157

Let's Get Loud
                    Yesterday: 103,088,357
                    Today:
                    +410,080

Get Right
                    Yesterday: 74,631,584
                    Today:
                    +281,091

Booty
                    Yesterday: 71,337,317 + 41,934,016
                    Today: 71,439,156 + 41,950,708
                    101,839 + 16,692 = +118,531

I'm Real (feat. Ja Rule) - Murder Remix
                    Yesterday: 70,708,872
                    Today: 70,827,026
                    +118,154

If You Had My Love
                    Yesterday: 67,603,741

Today: 67,730,517
                    +126,776

Love Don't Cost a Thing
                    Yesterday: 51,970,969
                    Today: 52,132,000
                    +161,031

Waiting for Tonight
                    Yesterday: 49,884,084
                    Today;
                    +198,434

Total streams on Spotify:

2,361,425,047=
                    + 4,515,861

Comment

• Thanks nympho!

According to Kworb, "On The Floor" had 828,756 views and "Let's Get Loud" had 260,118 views in the last 24 hours, earning its highest views in a day again (after already doing so the day before again too!).

Jennifer Lopez & Shakira's Song Catalog Nets 893% Sales Gain After Super Bowl

On Feb. 2, the day of the big game, the two superstars’ collected songs – all of their songs, not just the songs they performed at halftime – tallied an 893% sales increase in download sales in the U.S. In total, their songs sold 21,000 downloads on Feb. 2, up from just 2,000 on Feb. 1.

Isolating each performer, Shakira’s total song catalog sold 13,000 downloads on Feb. 2, up 957% from a little more than 1,000 on Feb. 1. As for Lopez, her collected songs sold 8,000 downloads on Feb. 2, up 800% from a little under 1,000 sold on Feb. 1.

It’s no surprise that each artist’s biggest selling songs on Feb. 2 were also tunes that were performed during the halftime show. Shakira’s top three biggest sellers were “Whenever, Wherever” (4,000; up 1,264%), “Hips Don’t Lie” (3,000; up 1,201%) and “Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)” (2,000; up 1,456%). As for Lopez, her top three sellers were “On the Floor” (2,000; up 1,193%), “Let’s Get Loud” (1,000; up 861%) and “Waiting for Tonight” (1,000; up 1,266%). All songs sold a negligible sum on Feb. 1, the day before the game.
                      https://www.billboard.com/articles/b...owl-sales-gain

Comment

• Jennifer Lopez and Shakira’s music sales spike after their viral Super Bowl halftime show

https://www.marke****ch.com/story/jenni ... 2020-02-03

Shakira and Jennifer Lopez weren’t paid to perform the 2020 Super Bowl halftime show — but their roughly 15-minute set is still paying off.

The “two little Latin girls” — as J-Lo dubbed the duo in an Instagram FB, +2.76% post just hours before their showstopping performance aired live on Fox FOX, +1.55% — performed a bilingual medley of 14 of their greatest hits during Sunday night’s game, which saw the Kansas City Chiefs rally to beat the San Francisco 49ers in Miami.

And with viral moments such as Shakira’s meme-orable tongue flicking, J-Lo showing off her “Hustlers” moves while pole-dancing in a sparkling body suit, as well as the nods to the border crisis by showing kids in cages, viewers were still talking about #HalftimeShow2020 and its set list on Twitter TWTR, and searching for the performances on Google GOOG, well into Monday afternoon. Here it is below:

As a result, those collected songs saw a whopping 1,013% sales increase in the U.S. on Sunday, Feb. 2, according to initial Nielsen Music sales data reported by Billboard. The singles sold 16,000 digital downloads all together on Sunday, which was up from a little more than 1,000 collectively on Saturday, Feb. 1.

Shakira’s gyrations generated the most sales so far, as her 2001 hit “Whenever, Wherever,” was the initial best-seller with almost 4,000 sales on Feb. 2, which was a 1,194% increase compared over the day before. That was followed by her 2006 single “Hips Don’t Lie” with 2,000 downloads on Sunday (a 1,126% increase from the day before).

But J-Lo dominated on Amazon . A company spokesperson told Marke****ch that Alexa requests for the “Jenny on the Block” singer on Amazon Music rose more than 5x (426%) on game day compared to the previous Sunday, while Alexa requests for Shakira jumped 303%. Streams for J-Lo on Amazon Music also increased 432% on Super Bowl Sunday over the Sunday before, while Shakira’s rose 150%.

And in the hours after their halftime performance, Spotify SPOT, streams of Lopez’s music rose by more than 335% and Shakira’s music by about 230%, compared to the same window a week ago. Shakira’s “Empire” saw the biggest bump, however, with streams increasing 2,135%.

While J-Lo commands $2.2 million for each performance on tour, according to Forbes, and Shakira rakes in $1.6 million, the women weren’t paid for the show itself (although their expenses and production costs were covered by the NFL.) Rather, these headliners — like performers such as Beyonce and Bruno Mars before them — are hustling for the exposure.

The Super Bowl is typically the most-watched television broadcast in the country each year; the 2015 match-up between the Patriots and the Seahawks pulled in 144.44 million viewers, taking the crown as the most-watched Super Bowl of all time.

Fox was selling 30-second commercial slots for as much as $5.6 million in November — and the half-time show performer(s) get almost 15 whole minutes of airtime to themselves.

So after Lady Gaga played the 2017 halftime show, her album sales jumped 1,980%, according to BuzzAngle Music as reported by Forbes. She sold 24,075 albums on Super Bowl Sunday, and 14,364 more the next day.

Pandora told Marke****ch that the “Shallow” singer saw a 1,400% surge in artist station adds on the radio platform. And in the hour following Justin Timberlake’s 2018 Super Bowl halftime performance, his Spotify streams spiked 214%, Billboard reported. His artist station adds jumped 175% on Pandora. Last year, Maroon 5’s halftime show boosted the band’s sales by 434%.

Shakira and J-Lo’s 2020 Super Bowl halftime show set also featured special guests Bad Bunny, J Balvin, and Lopez’s 11-year-old daughter Emme.
                        More sales and streaming figures are expected to be released this week

Comment

• Let's get loud had more than 200k views I tracked it all day it had nearly 600k views on YouTube
                          Over 85 Mill records sold , 2.8 billion box office, over 5 billion streams, $130 million combined tour gross, Forbes most powerfull celeb 2012

Comment

• she already had many same setlist medley on TV, AMA 2015, VMA 2018, Ellen show 2015?, we day 2014 etc..
                            this is why her songs are not doing better, it's nothing new.

Comment

• Wonder if she will chart this week in the UK

I think her album will be it's been almost top 20 in iTunes for 3 days and she's she's had a huge boost on Amazon music, YouTube etc

Comment

• Originally posted by Shayonce View Post
                                she already had many same setlist medley on TV, AMA 2015, VMA 2018, Ellen show 2015?, we day 2014 etc..
                                this is why her songs are not doing better, it's nothing new.
                                Yes, this is definitely a factor. Many people have discovered Shakira after the SuperBowl and Jlo is always performing in Award Shows. I believe this is Shakira's first high profile performance since her The Voice stint five years ago.

But also let's face it, HDL + WAKA WAKA + WW were also bigger worldwide hits than OTF for example. Hdl in particular I believe was one of the biggest hits of the 2000's in the world. OTF is a Red One production that didn't age so well.

Comment

• Good points locoporti!

Plus, as I said before, Shakira is a much bigger streaming force than Jennifer so of course Jennifer would have a higher % increase when her numbers were much lower to start with.

DanceAgain, I'm hoping for a Top 200 re-entry at least because we should get a sales update for the album.

I hope we get some sales updates for her songs in the US too! I can't believe the only pre-digital era song we've ever gotten an update for is "Let's Get Loud" which was at 413,000 downloads in 2013.

Comment

• Originally posted by locoporti View Post

Yes, this is definitely a factor. Many people have discovered Shakira after the SuperBowl and Jlo is always performing in Award Shows. I believe this is Shakira's first high profile performance since her The Voice stint five years ago.

But also let's face it, HDL + WAKA WAKA + WW were also bigger worldwide hits than OTF for example. Hdl in particular I believe was one of the biggest hits of the 2000's in the world. OTF is a Red One production that didn't age so well.
                                    Non of the singles above were bigger hits then OTF

Shakiras biggest hit is hips don't lie which is several million BEHIND OTF in certified global sales, and it topped less National charts than OTF also it has 500 million less streams than OTF

BUT I agree with everything else it was like America discovered Shakira for the first time

I absolutely love whenever wherever it's probably one of the best Latin pop songs of all time it deserves to be number 1 for months

Ugh when she performed it and that beat dropped it, it snatched me bald it's such a nosologic song for me

Comment

• Originally posted by Neutral View Post
                                      Good points locoporti!

Plus, as I said before, Shakira is a much bigger streaming force than Jennifer so of course Jennifer would have a higher % increase when her numbers were much lower to start with.

DanceAgain, I'm hoping for a Top 200 re-entry at least because we should get a sales update for the album.

I hope we get some sales updates for her songs in the US too! I can't believe the only pre-digital era song we've ever gotten an update for is "Let's Get Loud" which was at 413,000 downloads in 2013.
                                      Well now Jennifer has a massive sales boost hopefully the labels look at this and now certify her records that she's long over due

Defjam need to certify On the floor X5 Platinum, Love? Platinum, I'm into you Platinum, papi Gold

And Sony need certify so many of her Records it should be like the UK soon as they hit the requirements for eligible Certificate it automatically gets issued, its funny her international labels do a great job, Spain, Australia, Germany, France even Sony Russia get her records certified (still can't believe Brave is double platinum in Russia).

I'm not expecting massive numbers anywhere tbh be nice to see her chart entries internationally in the next week.

The Superbowl video is now the 7th most viewed video on YouTube in 24 hours, The most viewed Superbowl performance ever.

NFL official: 88.5 million views
                                      NFL Espanol official: 5.1 million views

Shakira and JLo superbowl - 96 million views (3rd day).

Btw On the floor had 1.8 million views in the last 2 days on YouTube
                                      Last edited by DanceAgain; Wed February 5th, 2020, 20:16.

Comment

Non of the singles above were bigger hits then OTF

Shakiras biggest hit is hips don't lie which is several million BEHIND OTF in certified global sales, and it topped less National charts than OTF also it has 500 million less streams than OTF

BUT I agree with everything else it was like America discovered Shakira for the first time

I absolutely love whenever wherever it's probably one of the best Latin pop songs of all time it deserves to be number 1 for months

Ugh when she performed it and that beat dropped it, it snatched me bald it's such a nosologic song for me
                                        HDL was released in 2006 if i'm not mistaken, I don't think it's fair to compare with OTF for example on Youtube views 'cause by 2006 Youtube was not massively popular. Otf was released in 2011. I don't know about chart peaks, I always felt HDL being absolutely huge everywhere, but I never researched.

Comment

• ^ Exactly. The streaming numbers for both "Whenever, Wherever" and "Hips Don't Lie" are huge for when they were released, which shows how big they were at the time and how remembered they are today. I would definitely consider both "WW" and "HDL" to be bigger than "On The Floor" and outside of the Anglosphere, I would say "Waka Waka" is too.

DanceAgain, she has undercertified records in Spain, Australia, Germany and France too.

Btw, the views for their halftime show on YouTube are INSANE!

Comment

• There seems to be a discrepancy between the numbers Kworb have on their "Most viewed videos in the past 24 hours" tab compared to artist's page. Different tracking periods maybe?

So going by the data they have on each video, here are the YouTube numbers from 2020/02/03:

770,036 - On The Floor
                                            217,032 - Let's Get Loud *most views in a day*
                                            179,211 - Jenny from the Block *most views in a day*
                                            162,952 - Get Right *most views in a day*
                                            162,158 - Booty
                                            126,168 - Love Don't Cost A Thing *most views in a day*
                                            104,590 - If You Had My Love *most views in a day*
                                            93,456 - Waiting for Tonight *most views in a day*
                                            35,308 - Ain't It Funny (Remix) *most views in a day*

Comment

• Was looking at UK radio play over the last 30 days

Jennifer Lopez - 1,011 plays

That's Huge wonder why the massive gain in radio play

Here's some other artists UK radio play over last 30 days

Shakira -110 plays
                                              Britney spears - 229 plays
                                              beyonce -187 plays
                                              lady gaga - 286

Comment

• Originally posted by Neutral View Post
                                                There seems to be a discrepancy between the numbers Kworb have on their "Most viewed videos in the past 24 hours" tab compared to artist's page. Different tracking periods maybe?

So going by the data they have on each video, here are the YouTube numbers from 2020/02/03:

770,036 - On The Floor
                                                217,032 - Let's Get Loud *most views in a day*
                                                179,211 - Jenny from the Block *most views in a day*
                                                162,952 - Get Right *most views in a day*
                                                162,158 - Booty
                                                126,168 - Love Don't Cost A Thing *most views in a day*
                                                104,590 - If You Had My Love *most views in a day*
                                                93,456 - Waiting for Tonight *most views in a day*
                                                35,308 - Ain't It Funny (Remix) *most views in a day*

Kworb is off on its listings Monday after the Superbowl I was checking LGL video to see if the Superbowl was going to push it to 100 million views on YouTube

I tracked it all day and Let's gets loud definitely passed 500k in views on Monday yet kworb didn't list it,

I tracked on the floor which what is what I tracked it aslo

Comment

Kworb is off on its listings Monday after the Superbowl I was checking LGL video to see if the Superbowl was going to push it to 100 million views on YouTube

I tracked it all day and Let's gets loud definitely passed 500k in views on Monday yet kworb didn't list it,

I tracked on the floor which what is what I tracked it aslo
                                                  true i have noticed that as well.

Comment

• I’m just happy that her catalogue had a boost and that the GH is doing well, hopefully enough to appear on some sales charts.

#JusticeForBooty

Comment

Working...
                                                    X