X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chart Analysis - Opening of New Topics

Morning/afternoon/evening!

UKMIX is a huge website for chart analysts and geeks alike - nearly 1.3m posts! Thousands of visitors literally just visit the site to access the chart data alone. With this in mind, a new rule is going to be implemented, a rule that is simple yet will hopefully be effective....
    • i. New topics must only be opened by posters that are able to regularly update the first page with the relevant chart data/sales

That isn't to say that you need a specific post count or status to open a new topic in Chart Analysis; however, it will ensure that only the most dedicated of fans or chart analysts are given the opportunity to open new topics for artists and thus keep them updated with the relevant charts/sales information. To anyone that posts outside of Chart Analysis, this won't seem too much of an issue - but for those of us that want the data at our fingertips, it's so handy to be able to just visit a topic and get all you need from page one.

At my - or another moderator's discretion - a topic may be locked and then opened by a new poster if it doesn't fit with the above rule. There should not need to be a rush to open new topics, so please only do so if you know you can keep it updated, whilst that era is active.

If you have any comments on this, please direct them to me or one of the other chart mods, via private message.

Love this rule.

Comment

If only this new rule was implemented 5 months ago...

Comment

Originally posted by Haribo
        Love this rule.
        +1

Comment

For new studio albums, yes.

For everything else, just let the threads stay the way they are.

Comment

Do we have a Katy B little red era thread? I thought I saw it but I cant find it now!
            You have officially been frock destroyed!

Comment

I opened a new topic about Ola days ago, but still I don't see it online. Was it refused?

Comment

^ sorry, overlooked it.

Have just authorised it, should now be visible.

Comment

^^Thanks, I found it ;)

Comment

Hello. I started a Kelis Food era thread and then realised I didnt ask a moderator, I'm really sorry. If you could let me know whether I can go ahead with this I would be really appreciative. Thankyou.
                    You have officially been frock destroyed!

Comment

Originally posted by adamf2thedeath
                      Hello. I started a Kelis Food era thread and then realised I didnt ask a moderator, I'm really sorry. If you could let me know whether I can go ahead with this I would be really appreciative. Thankyou.
                      Hello Adam, you aren't required to seek moderator approval to open a new topic. That said, in keeping with the new rules, it is expected that the first page is updated with chart information, where and when you have the time to do it.

Comment

A thread whose era's done for good should be closed.

Comment

I judge this on an ADHOC basis.

If its a really old era or a completely defunct era or a pointless bump, I will lock it.

That said, I don't think its worth introducing it as an official rule.

Comment

Love this rule

Comment

Agreed, the MDNA tour thread is one of the biggest examples.

Comment

I wish more people would take note from this rule :-?

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike
                                  I wish more people would take note from this rule :-?

Comment

^ you can't be serious

Comment

^ you can't be serious
                                      LOL

Why? :-?

Comment

Sorry if i'm too honest now, but because you're also rarely updating the topics you started? Like Jennifer Lopez - A.K.A, Paloma Faith - A Perfect Contradiction, Frozen OST, 5 Seconds Of Summer, Tove Lo, Charli XCX to name a few (and it's not like they're no-names, so their topics are actually more important/interesting)

Comment

Sorry if i'm too honest now, but because you're also rarely updating the topics you started? Like Jennifer Lopez - A.K.A, Paloma Faith - A Perfect Contradiction, Frozen OST, 5 Seconds Of Summer, Tove Lo, Charli XCX to name a few (and it's not like they're no-names, so their topics are actually more important/interesting)
                                          I updated all this topics now. If I can help you with anything else, please let me know. ^^

Comment

^ oh that's nice, thank you. I hope you didn't have all too much effort by copying everything from other forums like chartsinfrance

Comment

:-?

This silly discussion ends here.

Comment

^ oh that's nice, thank you. I hope you didn't have all too much effort by copying everything from other forums like chartsinfrance

Comment

Can this rule please be relaxed?

Many new albums do not have album threads because people do not want to be in charge of an album thread.

Does it really matter that the potential thread for the new Foo Fighters' album does not have all the detailed charts runs in the first post?

Comment

Originally posted by thebigham
                                                    Can this rule please be relaxed?

Many new albums do not have album threads because people do not want to be in charge of an album thread.

Does it really matter that the potential thread for the new Foo Fighters' album does not have all the detailed charts runs in the first post?
                                                    I haven't locked any topics for not being updated, have I? I'd call that pretty relaxed already.

If a new topic hasn't been opened, it's likely because nobody really cares that much - therefore, the general sales topics would suffice. If you want to open an album topic but don't want to update it, that is probably fine with me. But if someone later wants to take it on and do the leg work with updating page one, they'll get it. This is an advisory, more than a rule set in stone.

I don't know how anyone can be against this rule when you see how fantastic some of our big topics are - the Beyoncé topic, the Marshall Mathers LP II topic and countless others looked after by the likes of Tansike.

Comment

^I'm not against it at all.

It's just scares some people away from starting a new album thread.

Thanks!

Comment

I would rather say that when an album drops out of the main charts in the biggest markets, its thread should be closed.
                                                        Local acts shouldn't have specific threads for each album. One thread dedicated to such an act is enough.
                                                        http://live.adele.com/

Comment

where can we inquire of sales?

Comment

I tried opening a new topic the other day but it didn't work, just wondering if it needs to be approved or am I doing something wrong or something?

Comment

Working...
                                                            X