Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr. Mockingbird View Post
    Greetings,

Echoing the post from Torgo98 above (as I would also like copies of those referenced sheets), would anyone also have a copy of the Pop ME (1955-1958) spreadsheet? I believe all three (1940-1954, 1955-1958 and BU 1959-1985) were posted together several years ago, although perhaps in a different thread(?).

Also, thank you to all who have posted information, charts, files, etc. to these forums. I only discovered them recently and have been like a kid in a candy store ever since. I know I speak for many here when I say that all of your efforts are greatly, GREATLY appreciated. Many many thanks!
    I'm the creator of all three of these spreadsheets.

You can find Bubbling Under Charts 1959-1985.xlsx here:

https://ufile.io/xh2fvqn7 (expires in 30 days)

Comment

• Billboard Pop ME (1940-1954).xlsx is here:
      https://ufile.io/hoy7cn5m

Billboard Pop ME (1955-1958).xls is here:
      https://ufile.io/8grpbnq2

Haven't posted anything for awhile - am currently working on Cash Box R&B and C&W charts. Have them completed up to February 1994 (magazine folded in November 1996) and hope to have them finished by the end of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrTravel View Post
        Billboard Pop ME (1940-1954).xlsx is here:
        https://ufile.io/hoy7cn5m

Billboard Pop ME (1955-1958).xls is here:
        https://ufile.io/8grpbnq2

Haven't posted anything for awhile - am currently working on Cash Box R&B and C&W charts. Have them completed up to February 1994 (magazine folded in November 1996) and hope to have them finished by the end of the year.
        Thank you very much!

Comment

• Thank you so much, not only for posting these once again but for all your efforts in the past, as Mr. Mockingbird has already said. We are forever in your debt for your wonderful work.

Comment

• Some months passed, did they complete the missing positions?

"Can someone check if they updated the dance club songs breakouts from 11/05/2019 and 20/07/2019...

The original threads are missing some positions....

I think that they could fixed it now...

Thanks!!!"

Comment

• For some reason, only the Top 50 is displayed in its horrific new design...
              This is the currently available data:

11 May 2019 (from 18 May 2019 LW positions)
              51 - Starry Eyes - Young Bombs
              52 - So Am I - Ava Max

20 July 2019 (from 27 July 2019 LW positions & 3 August 2019 2W positions)
              51 - You Really Started Something - Dionne Warwick
              55 - Seρorita - Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello
              trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
              trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

• Thanks Trebor!

Still looking for positions 54 (11 may) and 52, 53 (27 july)...

Comment

• Originally posted by Gore101 View Post
                  Thanks Trebor!

Still looking for positions 54 (11 may) and 52, 53 (27 july)...
                  July 27:

#52 Truth Hurts - Lizzo
                  #53 Body to Body - MK

Comment

• July 27:

#52 Truth Hurts - Lizzo
                    #53 Body to Body - MK

Sorry, I writed wrong: I need the breakouts for 18 May 2019 and 20 july 2019.

Thanks!

Comment

• Does anyone have the complete Dance/Disco Top 80 for December 17, 1983? The Billboard online archive only goes to position 50, and Biz only has a scattering of positions. If someone could please post, I would greatly appreciate it. Many thanks in advance!

Comment

• I'm appalled (again) to see that more charts have been reduced in size after the overhaul.
                        A whole bunch of artists and songs seem to have lost their chart links and do no longer get their assigned chart positions and show as a blank or just don't even appear in the data base!

Disco/Dance Top 80 / 17 December 1983

? = These entries are not shown when searched for

51 - Joachim Witt - Tri-Tra-Trullala
                        52 - Skyy - Show Me The Way
                        53 - Quando Quando - Love Tempo
                        54 - Pat Benatar - Love Is A Battlefield
                        55 - Jennifer Holliday - Let Me Wait / Shine The Light / Sweet Delight
                        56 - Re-flex - The Politics Of Dancing
                        57 - Sylvester - TOO LATE/TROUBLE IN PARADISE
                        58 - Kathy Wilson And Kwils - AFTER THE FALL
                        59 - Duran Duran - Union Of The Snake
                        60 - Pure Energy - LOVE GAME
                        61 - Gwen Jonae - Destiny
                        62 - Blue Print - Ritespot
                        63 - Two Sisters - B-BOYS BEWARE/DESTINY
                        64 - Instant Funk - Just Because You'll Be Mine
                        65 - Yello - PUMPING VELVET/NO MORE WORDS
                        66 - Melba Moore - Keepin' My Lover Satisfied
                        67 - Kraftwerk - TOUR DE FRANCE
                        68 - Tom Browne - Rockin' Radio
                        69 - Pattie LaBelle - I'll Never, Never Give You Up
                        70 - Lime - Angel Eyes (Remix)
                        71 - ? - ?
                        72 - Icehouse - HEY LITTLE GIRL
                        73 - ? - ?
                        74 - ? - ?
                        75 - Chaz Jankel - WITHOUT YOU
                        76 - Big Country - IN A BIG COUNTRY
                        77 - ? - ?
                        78 - Le Jete - LA CAGE AUX FOLLES
                        79 - Stephanie Mills - Pilot Error
                        80 - ? - ?

Comment

• Many thanks for this information. I share your sentiments regarding the status of the online database. When one of the charts the publication is most known for (the Hot 100) returns zero hits when searching the online database (Biz), you know there are some issues. (And yes, all of the Hot 100 charts are -- at least last time I looked -- available in full from the chart archive, but the inability to search for specific titles/dates/runs in the database makes no sense to me.) Oh well, better put away my soapbox before I really get going... Thanks again!

Comment

• I really try to understand that data migration may turn into a mess (which it did; at least twice).
                            But for paying customers facing the loss of historical data, THAT's really excruciating!

Comment

• Originally posted by trebor View Post
                              I'm appalled (again) to see that more charts have been reduced in size after the overhaul.
                              A whole bunch of artists and songs seem to have lost their chart links and do no longer get their assigned chart positions and show as a blank or just don't even appear in the data base!

Disco/Dance Top 80 / 17 December 1983

? = These entries are not shown when searched for
                              I work at a UK University and we have access to 'Entertainment Industry Magazine Archive: Music, Radio and The Stage' by ProQuest. They have scanned complete issues from many magazines including Billboard and while some pages are missing, Page 38 of the 17 Dec issue is not so the missing positions are shown below.

71 (52) Nena - 99 Luftballons
                              73 (67) Madonna - Holiday/Lucky Star
                              74 (65) Eurythmics - Love Is Strange
                              77 (69) Gary’s Gang - Making Music
                              80 (68) - The Fixx - One Thing Leads To Another
                              http://thechartbook.co.uk - for the latest are best chart book - By Decade!
                              Now including NME, Record Mirror and Melody Maker from the UK and some Billboard charts

Comment

• ^
                                #GOAT

Comment

• Originally posted by trebor View Post
                                  ^
                                  #GOAT
                                  You sir are most welcome
                                  Now including NME, Record Mirror and Melody Maker from the UK and some Billboard charts

Comment

• Many thanks to you both!

Comment

• Originally posted by mario View Post
                                      Hi,Could someone post HOT100 Sales & Airplay chart for 1987/3/7,1987/6/6,1988/6/4,1988/7/9,1988/11/26 and 1989/5/6?

Thanks in advance!
                                      I realize the above post is from several years ago, but I am looking to fill in missing positions for the four Hot 100 Airplay charts bolded above, as well as two additional R&B Airplay charts (Dec. 2, 1989 and Nov. 24, 1990). I will post what I was able to come up with for each of these charts (based on the before/after charts) in the hopes that someone might have the missing data. As always, thanks in advance for any additional information that can be provided!

[P.S. ~ This is my first attempt to post charts like this, so apologies if the formatting is a bit off…]

Hot 100 Airplay – March 7, 1987
                                      [missing information denoted by ??]

TW (LW) Title – Artist [Hot]
                                      1 (1) Livin’ On A Prayer – Bon Jovi [1]
                                      2 (2) Jacob’s Ladder – Huey Lewis & The News [2]
                                      3 (4) You Got It All – The Jets [3]
                                      4 (5) Big Time – Peter Gabriel [8]
                                      5 (8) Mandolin Rain – Bruce Hornsby & The Range [9]
                                      6 (7) Respect Yourself – Bruce Willis [5]
                                      7 (11) Let’s Wait Awhile – Janet Jackson [10]
                                      8 (17) Lean On Me – Club Nouveau [12]
                                      9 (3) Will You Still Love Me? – Chicago [11]
                                      10 (19) Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now – Starship [13]
                                      11 (13) Somewhere Out There – Linda Ronstadt / James Ingram [4]
                                      12 (10) I Wanna Go Back – Eddie Money [15]
                                      13 (18) Tonight, Tonight, Tonight – Genesis [16]
                                      14 (9) (You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party!) – Beastie Boys [7]
                                      15 (6) Keep Your Hands To Yourself – Georgia Satellites [6]
                                      16 (12) I’ll Be Alright Without You – Journey [14]
                                      17 (20) Brand New Lover – Dead Or Alive [17]
                                      18 (22) The Final Countdown – Europe [20]
                                      19 (23) Let’s Go! – Wang Chung [24]
                                      20 (24) Come Go With Me – Expose [19]
                                      21 (16) Love You Down – Ready For The World [25]
                                      22 (14) Ballerina Girl – Lionel Richie [18]
                                      23 (30) Don’t Dream It’s Over – Crowded House [23]
                                      24 (31) Midnight Blue – Lou Gramm [29]
                                      25 (34) I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me) – Aretha Franklin / George Michael [31]
                                      26 (15) Open Your Heart – Madonna [27]
                                      27 (32) That Ain’t Love – REO Speedwagon [34]
                                      28 (36) What You Get Is What You See – Tina Turner [32]
                                      29 (33) Candy – Cameo [22]
                                      30 (21) Touch Me (I Want Your Body) – Samantha Fox [21]
                                      31 (—) The Finer Things – Steve Winwood [41]
                                      32 (40) The Honeythief – Hipsway [42]
                                      33 (—) Walking Down Your Street – Bangles [45]
                                      34 (??) ?? – ?? [??]
                                      35 (??) ?? – ?? [??]

36 (—) As We Lay – Shirley Murdock [33]
                                      37 (—) Dominoes – Robbie Nevil [49]
                                      38 (??) ?? – ?? [??]
                                      39 (??) ?? – ?? [??]
                                      40 (??) ?? – ?? [??]

Comment

• Hot 100 Airplay – June 6, 1987

1 (2) You Keep Me Hangin’ On – Kim Wilde [1]
                                        2 (3) Always – Atlantic Starr [2]
                                        3 (7) In Too Deep – Genesis [6]
                                        4 (8) Head To Toe – Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam [3]
                                        5 (1) With Or Without You – U2 [5]
                                        6 (9) Wanted Dead Or Alive – Bon Jovi [7]
                                        7 (4) The Lady In Red – Chris De Burgh [4]
                                        8 (17) I Wanna Dance With Somebody – Whitney Houston [10]
                                        9 (15) Diamonds – Herb Alpert [9]
                                        10 (5) Big Love – Fleetwood Mac [8]
                                        11 (13) If She Would Have Been Faithful… – Chicago [19]
                                        12 (16) Meet Me Half Way – Kenny Loggins [15]
                                        13 (6) Looking For A New Love – Jody Watley [18]
                                        14 (12) Right On Track – The Breakfast Club [11]
                                        15 (10) I Know What I Like – Huey Lewis & The News [14]
                                        16 (19) Songbird – Kenny G. [17]
                                        17 (20) Just To See Her – Smokey Robinson [13]
                                        18 (23) Alone – Heart [20]
                                        19 (11) (I Just) Died In Your Arms – Cutting Crew [22]
                                        20 (24) Lessons In Love – Level 42 [21]
                                        21 (27) Don’t Disturb This Groove – The System [23]
                                        22 (14) Heat Of The Night – Bryan Adams [16]
                                        23 (29) Shakedown – Bob Seger [31]
                                        24 (21) Nothing’s Gonna Change My Love For You – Glenn Medeiros [12]
                                        25 (32) Point Of No Return – Expose [29]
                                        26 (31) Every Little Kiss – Bruce Hornsby & The Range [33]
                                        27 (??) ?? – ?? [??]
                                        28 (30) Jammin’ Me – Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers [26]
                                        29 (28) Fascinated – Company B [24]
                                        30 (34) Something So Strong – Crowded House [30]
                                        31 (33) Endless Nights – Eddie Money [34]
                                        32 (37) Funkytown – Pseudo Echo [36]
                                        33 (36) Sweet Sixteen – Billy Idol [35]
                                        34 (35) Never Say Goodbye – Bon Jovi [—]
                                        35 (??) ?? – ?? [??]
                                        36 (??) ?? – ?? [??]

37 (—) Soul City – Partland Brothers [39]
                                        38 (40) Rock The Night – Europe [38]
                                        39 (—) Heart And Soul – T’Pau [40]
                                        40 (??) ?? – ?? [??]

Comment

• Hot 100 Airplay – June 4, 1988

1 (1) One More Try – George Michael [1]
                                          2 (2) Shattered Dreams – Johnny Hates Jazz [2]
                                          3 (7) Together Forever – Rick Astley [5]
                                          4 (6) Everything Your Heart Desires – Daryl Hall & John Oates [4]
                                          5 (5) Naughty Girls (Need Love Too) – Samantha Fox [3]
                                          6 (10) Foolish Beat – Debbie Gibson [7]
                                          7 (3) Anything For You – Gloria Estefan & Miami Sound Machine [10]
                                          8 (12) Make It Real – The Jets [9]
                                          9 (14) Dirty Diana – Michael Jackson [12]
                                          10 (4) I Don’t Want To Live Without You – Foreigner [8]
                                          11 (11) Piano In The Dark – Brenda Russell feat. Joe Esposito [6]
                                          12 (17) The Valley Road – Bruce Hornsby & The Range [14]
                                          13 (16) Circle In The Sand – Belinda Carlisle [11]
                                          14 (8) Two Occasions – The Deele [21]
                                          15 (23) The Flame – Cheap Trick [19]
                                          16 (19) We All Sleep Alone – Cher [16]
                                          17 (22) Alphabet St. – Prince [15]
                                          18 (9) Wait – White Lion [13]
                                          19 (20) Kiss Me Deadly – Lita Ford [20]
                                          20 (29) Mercedes Boy – Pebbles [26]
                                          21 (26) Nite And Day – Al B. Sure! [22]
                                          22 (28) Nothin’ But A Good Time – Poison [23]
                                          23 (30) Pour Some Sugar On Me – Def Leppard [27]
                                          24 (27) I Still Believe – Brenda K. Starr [18]
                                          25 (21) Strange But True – Times Two [24]
                                          26 (32) New Sensation – INXS [30]
                                          27 (??) ?? – ?? [??]
                                          28 (35) Beds Are Burning – Midnight Oil [29]
                                          29 (??) ?? – ?? [??]
                                          30 (??) ?? – ?? [??]

31 (39) Under The Milky Way – The Church [31]
                                          32 (37) When We Kiss – Bardeux [36]
                                          33 (??) ?? – ?? [??]
                                          34 (—) Hands To Heaven – Breathe [43]
                                          35 (—) Hold On To The Nights – Richard Marx [41]
                                          36 (??) ?? – ?? [??]
                                          37 (40) Lost In You – Rod Stewart [38]
                                          38 (—) Rush Hour – Jane Wiedlin [44]
                                          39 (—) Heart Of Mine – Boz Scaggs [45]
                                          40 (—) Tall Cool One – Robert Plant [40]

Comment

• Hot 100 Airplay – July 9, 1988

1 (2) The Flame – Cheap Trick [1]
                                            2 (6) Pour Some Sugar On Me – Def Leppard [3]
                                            3 (5) Mercedes Boy – Pebbles [2]
                                            4 (8) New Sensation – INXS [4]
                                            5 (1) Foolish Beat – Debbie Gibson [7]
                                            6 (11) Hold On To The Nights – Richard Marx [8]
                                            7 (3) Dirty Diana – Michael Jackson [5]
                                            8 (10) Nite And Day – Al B. Sure! [10]
                                            9 (4) Make It Real – The Jets [11]
                                            10 (16) Roll With It – Steve Winwood [12]
                                            11 (12) Nothin’ But A Good Time – Poison [6]
                                            12 (7) The Valley Road – Bruce Hornsby & The Range [9]
                                            13 (17) Hands To Heaven – Breathe [14]
                                            14 (18) Make Me Lose Control – Eric Carmen [16]
                                            15 (14) I Still Believe – Brenda K. Starr [18]
                                            16 (22) Sign Your Name – Terence Trent D’Arby [17]
                                            17 (24) Do You Love Me – The Contours [28]
                                            18 (9) Together Forever – Rick Astley [19]
                                            19 (19) Rush Hour – Jane Wiedlin [15]
                                            20 (21) Lost In You – Rod Stewart [13]
                                            21 (25) 1-2-3 – Gloria Estefan & Miami Sound Machine [24]
                                            22 (28) Parents Just Don’t Understand – D.J. Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince [21]
                                            23 (29) I Don’t Wanna Live Without Your Love – Chicago [31]
                                            24 (26) Paradise – Sade [22]
                                            25 (27) The Colour Of Love – Billy Ocean [29]
                                            26 (33) Just Got Paid – Johnny Kemp [25]
                                            27 (32) I Don’t Wanna Go On With You Like That – Elton John [27]
                                            28 (??) ?? – ?? [??]
                                            29 (34) Love Changes (Everything) – Climie Fisher [34]
                                            30 (15) One More Try – George Michael [32]
                                            31 (—) Love Will Save The Day – Whitney Houston [40]
                                            32 (36) I Should Be So Lucky – Kylie Minogue [33]
                                            33 (40) The Twist – The Fat Boys [36]
                                            34 (??) ?? – ?? [??]
                                            35 (38) Rag Doll – Aerosmith [38]
                                            36 (—) Monkey – George Michael [42]
                                            37 (??) ?? – ?? [??]
                                            38 (??) ?? – ?? [??]

39 (—) Simply Irresistible – Robert Palmer [46]
                                            40 (??) ?? – ?? [??]

Comment

• Switching now to the R&B Airplay charts...

Hot Black Singles Airplay – December 2, 1989

TW (LW) Title – Artist [R&B]
                                              1 (1) Here And Now – Luther Vandross [1]
                                              2 (2) Home – Stephanie Mills [2]
                                              3 (5) It’s The Real Thing – Angela Winbush [3]
                                              4 (8) Just Call My Name – Alyson Williams [4]
                                              5 (7) Personality – Kashif [6]
                                              6 (9) Ain’t Nuthin’ In The World – Miki Howard [5]
                                              7 (4) Everything – Jody Watley [13]
                                              8 (11) Tender Lover – Babyface [8]
                                              9 (10) Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door – Randy Crawford [7]
                                              10 (13) All Of My Love – The Gap Band [10]
                                              11 (15) Foolish Heart – Sharon Bryant [15]
                                              12 (14) Yo Mister – Patti LaBelle [14]
                                              13 (16) I Just Wanna Love You – The Main Ingredient [22]
                                              14 (??) ?? – ?? [??]
                                              15 (21) Rhythm Nation – Janet Jackson [20]
                                              16 (20) Let’s Get It On – By All Means [17]
                                              17 (19) Can I? – David Peaston [16]
                                              18 (23) Silky Soul – Maze feat. Frankie Beverly [23]
                                              19 (18) Dr. Soul – Foster/McElroy [12]
                                              20 (3) Don’t Take It Personal – Jermaine Jackson [9]
                                              21 (28) Love Has Got To Wait – Eric Gable [19]
                                              22 (34) Serious Hold On Me – O’Jays [26]
                                              23 (30) You’ll Never Walk Alone – The Isley Brothers [27]
                                              24 (31) I’ll Be Good To You – Quincy Jones [33]
                                              25 (29) All Nite – Entouch feat. Keith Sweat [28]
                                              26 (32) Super Lover – Barry White [35]
                                              27 (36) Make It Like It Was – Regina Belle [29]
                                              28 (25) Whatcha Gonna Do? – Tyler Collins [21]
                                              29 (35) Real Love – Skyy [31]
                                              30 (37) I Wanna Be Rich – Calloway [39]
                                              31 (38) Blame It On The Rain – Milli Vanilli [30]
                                              32 (??) ?? – ?? [??]
                                              33 (??) ?? – ?? [??]

34 (39) I Think I Can Beat Mike Tyson – D.J. Jazzy Jeff [24]
                                              35 (—) Right And Hype – Abstrac [44]
                                              36 (—) Test Of Time – Will Downing [37]
                                              37 (—) No Friend Of Mine – Club Nouveau [46]
                                              38 (—) Special – The Temptations [47]
                                              39 (40) Take Good Care Of You And Me – Warwick/Osborne [49]
                                              40 (—) Your Sweetness – Good Girls [50]

Comment

• Last one...

Hot R&B Singles Airplay – November 24, 1990

TW (LW) Title – Artist [R&B]
                                                1 (4) Misunderstanding – Al B. Sure! [1]
                                                2 (2) B.B.D. (I Thought It Was Me)? – Bell Biv Devoe [2]
                                                3 (3) Slow Motion – Gerald Alston [3]
                                                4 (7) I’m Your Baby Tonight – Whitney Houston [4]
                                                5 (9) Round And Round – Tevin Campbell [8]
                                                6 (1) Love Takes Time – Mariah Carey [6]
                                                7 (10) My Heart Your Heart – Whispers [10]
                                                8 (12) Sensitivity – Ralph Tresvant [9]
                                                9 (8) Soul Inspiration – Anita Baker [17]
                                                10 (11) Rope A Dope Style – Levert [11]
                                                11 (14) I Wanna Get With U – Guy [13]
                                                12 (16) It Never Rains (In Southern California) – Tony! Toni! Tone! [15]
                                                13 (15) I Just Can’t Handle It – Hi-Five [12]
                                                14 (19) Love Me Down – Freddie Jackson [16]
                                                15 (??) ?? – ?? [??]
                                                16 (20) Try Me – Jasmine Guy [18]
                                                17 (18) Knockin’ Boots – Candyman [5]
                                                18 (17) I Got The Feeling – Today [14]
                                                19 (22) The First Time – Surface [23]
                                                20 (27) Only Human – Jeffrey Osborne [28]
                                                21 (26) I L-O-V-E U – Take 6 [21]
                                                22 (28) Love Me Just For Me – Special Generation [25]
                                                23 (??) ?? – ?? [??]
                                                24 (30) No Sweeter Love – Geoff McBride [24]
                                                25 (33) Love Makes Things Happen – Pebbles [32]
                                                26 (31) The Ghetto – Too Short [22]
                                                27 (24) Nothing But A Party – Basic Black [26]
                                                28 (32) Keep Our Love Alive – Stevie Wonder [30]
                                                29 (35) Thing Called Love – The Boys [31]
                                                30 (37) New Power Generation – Prince [35]
                                                31 (??) ?? – ?? [??]
                                                32 (—) If I Were A Bell – Teena Marie [39]
                                                33 (39) Don’t Be A Fool – Loose Ends [36]
                                                34 (40) You Don’t Have To Worry – En Vogue [38]
                                                35 (36) Don’t Turn Your Back On Me – Grady Harrell [42]
                                                36 (??) ?? – ?? [??]
                                                37 (??) ?? – ?? [??]

38 (—) When You Cry – The Winans [45]
                                                39 (—) Around The Way Girl – L.L. Cool J [44]
                                                40 (—) Love Will Never Do (Without You) – Janet Jackson [49]

Comment

• Below is a link to a Dropbox zip file that contains scans of the relevant pages of Billboard with the charts requested above.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y9i14ev38i..._Scan.zip?dl=0

The link will vanish after about 30 days. Again, these come from the ProQuest archive. I don't mind sharing some but just to forestall queries, I will not be able to just download all of it and share that. I'll do small sections of issues, like the above only.

Comment

• ^
                                                    Have issues with Dropbox (on Chrome, Firefox, and Opera)
                                                    Would you please re-upload the file(s) to Zippy? Thanks kindly

Comment

Working...
                                                    X