No announcement yet.

US Billboard Chart Requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there anybody who has a recent update of the Billboard Hot 100 spreadsheet 1955-2019?

Comment

• Hey all, requesting the bubbling under charts for July 3, 1965. Please and thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by SixOClockBoos View Post
        Hey all, requesting the bubbling under charts for July 3, 1965. Please and thank you!
        101 NEW 101 1 To Know You Is To Love You Peter And Gordon
        102 RE-ENTRY 91 2 Ain't It A Shame Major Lance
        103 97 97 2 Long Live Love Sandie Shaw
        104 125 104 5 Buster Browne Willie Mitchell
        105 109 103 7 The Real Thing Tina Britt
        106 96 96 12 Girl On The Billboard Del Reeves
        107 107 107 5 Goodbye, So Long Ike And Tina Turner
        108 135 108 2 Yakety Axe Chet Atkins
        109 110 93 3 From The Bottom Of My Heart (I Love You) The Moody Blues
        110 NEW 110 1 Gee The Moon Is Shining Bright The Dixie Cups
        111 NEW 111 1 March (You'll Be Sorry) The Shirelles
        112 115 112 2 From A Window Chad & Jeremy
        113 131 113 2 If You Really Want Me To, I'll Go The Ron-Dels
        114 NEW 114 1 It's Too Late, Baby Too Late Arthur Prysock
        115 118 115 2 I'm A Fool To Care George And Gene
        116 119 116 4 Mae Herb Alpert And The Tijuana Brass
        117 NEW 117 1 Frankfurter Sandwiches The Streamliners With Joanne
        118 NEW 118 1 You'd Better Come Home Petula Clark
        119 NEW 119 1 Theme From "Harlow" (Lonely Girl) Bobby Vinton
        120 132 120 2 I Put A Spell On You Nina Simone
        121 108 108 2 Your Baby Doesn't Love You Anymore Ruby And The Romantics
        122 NEW 122 1 Moon Over Naples Bert Kaempfert And His Orchestra
        123 126 123 3 Sunrise, Sunset Eddie Fisher
        124 133 124 2 My Little Red Book Manfred Mann
        125 NEW 125 1 You Never Been In Love Like This Before Unit Four Plus Two
        126 128 126 4 Last Night I Made A Little Girl Cry Steve Lawrence
        127 NEW 127 1 The Streets Of Loredo Johnny Cash
        128 NEW 128 1 The Loser The Skyliners
        129 129 129 2 Mae Pete Fountain
        130 NEW 130 1 Come Out Dancin' Rick Nelson
        131 NEW 131 1 You Were On My Mind We Five
        132 NEW 132 1 (Love Is Like A) Ramblin' Rose Ted Taylor
        133 134 133 2 Nau Ninny Nau Cannibal And The Headhunters
        134 NEW 134 1 New Orleans [Live] The Chartbusters
        135 NEW 135 1 In The Midnight Hour Wilson Pickett
        Keep the fire burning like the first time feeling

Comment

• Belated, but many thanks! @BrainDamagell

Comment

• Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and been searching everywhere if anybody has an archive version of the 'Hits of the World' section of the Billboard magazine (1960 ~ 1975), which lists charts around different countries. I know that there is the online library that archives most of the Billboard magazine itself but was wondering if anyone transcribed the Hits of the World section.

Comment

• I don't think anybody has transcribed that. I found it to be wrong in a few cases with the UK listing, certainly.
              http://thechartbook.co.uk - for the latest are best chart book - By Decade!
              Now including NME, Record Mirror and Melody Maker from the UK and some Billboard charts

Comment

• Originally posted by kingofskiffle View Post
                I don't think anybody has transcribed that. I found it to be wrong in a few cases with the UK listing, certainly.
                If I remember correctly, they also used a midweek chart (or something similar) at one point, as the final chart apparently wasn't ready at publication time. I couldn't find these charts on a quick look (and I don't remember the exact wording they used to signify this), but it might have been in the 70s...

The charts from smaller countries were also published really inconsistently. I went through their 60s issues for Finnish charts a few years ago, and there were times when they skipped entire months. When they used the biweekly chart from Ilta-Sanomat (from 1961 to 1967), it was rare to see Billboard publish more than three consecutive charts without skipping any, though things slightly improved when they switched to using monthly ones. I'd actually say Cash Box is a better source for European charts in the early 1960s – they also skip charts sometimes, but there aren't nearly as many weeks or months missing.

Comment

• Originally posted by setg1 View Post

I'd actually say Cash Box is a better source for European charts in the early 1960s – they also skip charts sometimes, but there aren't nearly as many weeks or months missing.
                  setg1 I didn't think of Cash Box. Do you know if the transcription of this has been shared previously on the forum?

Comment

• Originally posted by harin View Post

setg1 I didn't think of Cash Box. Do you know if the transcription of this has been shared previously on the forum?
                    Unfortunately, I'm not aware of anyone having done that. But thanks to optical character recognition on the issues available on the World Radio History website, it's possible (in many cases) to copy and paste the charts directly from the magazine with relatively few errors.

As a random example, here's the "Argentina's Best Sellers" chart from the issue dated June 24, 1961.

Spoiler!

Some editing may be needed at times, but here the copied and pasted chart looks pretty good to me!

Also, some people might have posted some specific charts from the magazines. I went through the Swedish charts from 1959 to 1962 and posted them here (with corrections to some artist credits and other errors in the original charts).

https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...5#post10399405

Archive.org has many of the issues available in text format. Just a warning: the OCR might not always work as well there. But sometimes the results aren't that bad:

https://archive.org/stream/cashbox22...se_50_djvu.txt

"Germany's Best Sellers" example chart:

Spoiler!
                    Last edited by setg1; Fri July 24, 2020, 02:37.

Comment

Working...
                    X