Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

German Charts Thread 2020-2021: weekly Charts, sales, infos, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
    Wait, that would explain why Capital Bra and Loredana already released today
    Yes, that's why I think the new chart week really started yesterday. It just so weird since all international releases plus all other german releases, too, are released today as far as I saw. Quite strange, on the other hand, Capital and Loredana will probably be #1 either way.

Comment

2 (3) Ramon Roselly - Herzenssache 3 weeks (No. 2 for 2 weeks) *new peak

WOW, no DSDS winner has been that successful since Beatrice Egly! Happy for him...
      You dare to call me crazy, have you looked around this place?
      I should walk away.
      Oh, I should walk away.
      But I think I'll stay.
      (Miley Cyrus)

Comment

Ramon Roselly is still at No. 2. I'm gonna open a thread for him since he's the next big thing in Germany apparently.
        I should walk away.
        Oh, I should walk away.
        But I think I'll stay.
        (Miley Cyrus)

Comment

Originally posted by Charter2000 View Post
          In the comment section on Facebook, someone asked if todays sales/streams will be included in next weeks chart and they said that this will be the case!
          That someone was me by the way. Was surprised they answered, because when I asked the same about Easter charts they remained silent.

Comment

Originally posted by monzo View Post

That someone was me by the way. Was surprised they answered, because when I asked the same about Easter charts they remained silent.
            btw I asked them about the different statements they gave and they answered that if there's a chart week with only 6 days the next day always counts for the next week so no day is missed out.

So regarding the discussion about the Ramon Roselly release: They released on a thursday because that was the first day of that chart week and all sales counted for the chart week.

Comment

This week, Ben Zucker's album re-enters at No. 1 on the German Albums Chart. A rare achievement, does anyone know about previous No. 1 re-entries?
              I should walk away.
              Oh, I should walk away.
              But I think I'll stay.
              (Miley Cyrus)

Comment

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                This week, Ben Zucker's album re-enters at No. 1 on the German Albums Chart. A rare achievement, does anyone know about previous No. 1 re-entries?
                The Kelly Family re-entered on #1 only a few weeks ago with the live version of last years album. Don't know about other #1 re-entries..

Comment

The Kelly Family re-entered on #1 only a few weeks ago with the live version of last years album. Don't know about other #1 re-entries..
                  In my opinion these two albums are no real re-entries. They are totally different (Live-versions) from their original releases.
                  The Singles-Chart-History with lots of artists and information:

www.chart-history.net

Comment

Originally posted by vdoerken View Post
                    In my opinion these two albums are no real re-entries. They are totally different (Live-versions) from their original releases.
                    It's so sad that you closed your current chart section on your homepage, V. Now it's indeed chart history only.

Comment

It's so sad that you closed your current chart section on your homepage, V. Now it's indeed chart history only.
                      There are 800 positions each week to enter - and it's really no fun anymore. I will concentrate on the Top-10 postions. But I prefer compiling the videos for the good old days.

www.chart-history.net

Comment

does someone do estimation for Albums here?

Comment

Originally posted by vdoerken View Post

There are 800 positions each week to enter - and it's really no fun anymore. I will concentrate on the Top-10 postions. But I prefer compiling the videos for the good old days.
                          Looking at the current Top 10 it is hard for me to believe that the charts reflect what Germany is listening to at the moment.

Comment

I can't also imagine this.
                            I even don't know People who listen to this Kind of Music.
                            Only 30 seconds are enough to Count...When you listen 100 times it Counts 100 -
                            if you buy a song for example at ITunes and you listen 200 times it's only 1 COUNT!!!

Comment

20 years ago:
                              1 Freestyler Bomfunk MC's
                              2 It's my life Bon Jovi
                              3 Ich vermiss dich wie die Hölle Zlatko
                              4 The riddle Gigi d'Agostino
                              5 Oops!... I did it again Britney Spears
                              6 Supergirl Reamonn
                              7 Anton aus Tirol Anton aus Tirol ft. DJ Ötzi
                              8 Fly on the wings of love Olsen Brothers
                              9 Never be the same again Melanie C.
                              10 Take my heart Band ohne Namen
                              11 Bon voyage Deichkind ft. Nina
                              12 Uncle John from Jamaica Vengaboys
                              13 Leb! Die Dritte Generation
                              14 Bayern Die Toten Hosen
                              15 Thong song Sisqo
                              16 Ring of fire H-Blockx vs. Dr. Ring Ding
                              17 I'm your pusher Scooter
                              18 One to make her happy Marque
                              19 Maria Maria Santana
                              20 Desert rose Sting ft. Cheb Mami
                              10 years ago:
                              1 Satellite Lena Meyer-Landrut
                              2 Wavin' flag K'Naan
                              3 Geboren um zu leben Unheilig
                              4 Waka Waka (This time for Africa) Shakira ft. Freshlyground
                              5 Sweat Mehrzad Marashi & Mark Medlock
                              6 Break your heart Taio Cruz
                              7 Der Himmel soll warten Sido ft. Adel Tawil
                              8 Stereo love Edward Maya ft. Vika Jigulina
                              9 Don't believe Mehrzad Marashi
                              10 Whataya want from me Adam Lambert
                              11 Helele Velile & Safri Duo
                              12 Alors on danse Stromae
                              13 You and I Medina
                              14 Like a lady Monrose
                              15 In my head Jason DeRulo
                              16 Roots to grow Stefanie Heinzmann ft. Gentleman
                              17 Für immer Unheilig
                              18 Song for Sophie Aura Dione
                              19 Gebt uns ruhig die Schuld Die Fantastischen Vier
                              20 Me and my guitar Tom Dice

And now: NOTHING worth to mention

Comment

This brings back some nice memories, but it would be much much nicer if lastest top 100 singles and albums would be posted here again on a weekly basis.

Comment

Dear Forum readers, we have a new weekly official german charts published by mix1.de

https://www.mix1.de/charts/singlecharts.htm

it is updated weekly, on Friday and only includes sales (physical and digital). This is how the real charts should look like.

Comment

Originally posted by pleasenogermanrap View Post
                                    I can't also imagine this.
                                    I even don't know People who listen to this Kind of Music.
                                    Only 30 seconds are enough to Count...When you listen 100 times it Counts 100 -
                                    if you buy a song for example at ITunes and you listen 200 times it's only 1 COUNT!!!
                                    This is not true. One Stream does not equal one buy. In addition to that, when one person streams one song all day long it does not count every stream for the charts because the number of streams counted from one account for one song is limited.
                                    But, of course, it is more space for manipulation. You don't have to buy many CD or vinyls, like in old days, you only have to have a network of accounts and streamers.
                                    The ratio Streams:Revenue Unit is to low, you can have the number 1 in paid downloads but you're not in the Top 100 of the Charts. There must be a better solution than that. But after collecting the charts of the last 65 years, I'm not interested anymore and I won't continue in 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by conan17 View Post

Looking at the current Top 10 it is hard for me to believe that the charts reflect what Germany is listening to at the moment.
                                      Depends on what you mean with "what Germany is listening". Those are the most played songs in Germany. I think that is true. It's not what most germans are listening to, though, but that's two different things. I already wrote that a few times during the last years: The younger audience attracted to german rap simply spends much more time listening to music because for the younger generation it's a normal thing to pretty much ALWAYS listen to music.

Quick example: When I leave the house I always(!) wear headphones. I never spend a single minute in the car, in the train or in the supermarket without listening to music or podcasts and I'm also able to listen while I work. This means I listen to music or podcasts for several hours a day. Spotify told me I listened to podcasts for more than 50,000 minutes in 2019 (don't remember the exact number). That is around 2,5 hours a day on average(!). While I prefer listening to podcasts, I'm sure the average teenager easily spends 3-4 hours or more listening to music each day.

Those german rap tracks topping the chart really are the most played tracks of the country and Youtube is not even included. Those tracks are the tracks with the biggest revenue and that's what the chart displays. I'm not saying that's a good thing. I'd really like a more diverse chart with more mainstream tracks on it but that's just how it is. The chart displays the tracks with the biggest revenue as always. That's not the charts fault.

Also, 15 years ago the youth also listened a lot to german rap. But back then without streaming services and having to pay 1€ per track on itunes, most people just illegally downloaded the music and shared it with their friends. That also meant that you couldn't make much money as a german rapper which is why there were only a few famous german rappers. The fact german rap became so strong during recent years is not that the youth suddenly became addicted to the genre but that (because of streaming services) rappers were finally able to earn big money and that lead to much more active artists with a bigger output.

Comment

Originally posted by juszttamas2 View Post
                                        Dear Forum readers, we have a new weekly official german charts published by mix1.de

https://www.mix1.de/charts/singlecharts.htm

it is updated weekly, on Friday and only includes sales (physical and digital). This is how the real charts should look like.
                                        Since phycial single sales are pretty much not existing anymore, the data of that chart must be basically 100% downloads. There is an official Download Top 100 chart published every week so there really is no need for additional new charts without any official data and without any official rules to explain how the chart is put together. Also, stating that you exclude streaming because numbers could be manipulated is strange to me because streaming is the most important part of the singles market nowadays. I'm not saying manipulated streaming data is no problem but excluding streaming in general does not make the chart better. I remember you had the official charts listed on your site which is not the case anymore so you probably just searched for a cheap alternative to still grab clicks from search engine users searching for the singles chart.

Comment

Those german rap tracks topping the chart really are the most played tracks of the country and Youtube is not even included. Those tracks are the tracks with the biggest revenue and that's what the chart displays.
                                          I remember a video in which someone explains how streaming numbers are manipulated because of hacking in many accounts and play the same songs in order to push the numbers and chart position. Truth or fake? I don't know.
                                          But a few months ago I recognised that my Spotify account was hacked and I "played" songs I never put on the Playlist. After changing the PW everything was OK again and still is but when someone doesn't take note of that...

Comment

I have found a possibility to import the positions from an Excel-sheet. So I will update the charts within the next weeks.
                                            Last edited by vdoerken; Thu June 18, 2020, 08:30.

www.chart-history.net

Comment

German Singles Top 100 2020

Hi,

I have entered the German Singles-Topp 100 for 2020 in my database. I would like to present the weekly charts in an pdf-file.

If you are interested I can post it every week, when I have included the new positions.

Let me know if this could be interesting for you.

https://bit.ly/2YXuLtM

www.chart-history.net

Comment

^
                                                Volker: Data base error for:
                                                > All Around The World (La La La) ... R3HAB & A Trouch Of Class
                                                Should read: R3HAB & A Touch Of Class

Otherwise, neat work as usual!
                                                trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                                                trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

• vdoerken
                                                  vdoerken commented
                                                  Editing a comment
                                                  Thanks for the info!

Loredana already got 4 number one singles in 2020. Is it a female version of Capital Bra ?
                                                My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
                                                In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

Originally posted by LastDreamer View Post
                                                  Loredana already got 4 number one singles in 2020. Is it a female version of Capital Bra ?
                                                  She's from Switzerland, but does seem to be the most successful female generator of big rap hits in all the German-speaking countries. Indeed, she has collaborated with Capital Bra on one of them!

Meanwhile, it would seem that "Only Time" by Enya is no longer the only single ever to re-enter the top 100 at number one.....

http://www.mtv.de/charts/c6mc86/single-top-100

Presumably the revenue-based approach to the German chart, with much greater weighting to expensive physical sales, swung the balance this week?
                                                  Counting down this week - the UKMixParade Top 200 of 2020

Comment

Working...
                                                  X