X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't download 1990-12-26 issue.

Comment

List of Gold & Platinum Awards 1986 - Music & Media, 27/12/1986

UK, Germany, France, Holland, Belgium, Italy, Spain, Poland [= Portugal (Uneva)], Austria, Norway

List of Gold & Platinum Awards 1987 - Music & Media, 26/12/1987

http://www.americanradiohistory.com/Music-and-Media.htm

Originally posted by radiodavid
      1985 Issues are posted.
      [/quote]
      --
      2019: 472. @anpt 47 posts

Comment

Originally posted by LostAvenger
        Thank you, me. You pretty much confirmed for me that the magazine is always available before the issue date printed on the magazine.
        I'm not sure about the Uk or Europe but this was quite common and in fact the way it was done in the US and Canada.

Magazine dates were always in the future. A week, or 2 or a month. Usually based on how often the magazine came out. The reason the date was a future one was to tell the retailer when to take it off the stands and when it was able to be returned to the company.

I haven't kept up with the magazine industry in the past few years to know if that is still done or not. But it was how it was done.

Comment

Originally posted by RadekT
          I can't download 1990-12-26 issue.

... and now you can!

Comment

Entire year 1992 now available. www.americanradiohistory.com

Comment

Thank you so much for uploading these radiodavid!

Comment

^^
                I'm happy too!

Comment

Muchisimas Gracias David!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AntLop
                    Muchisimas Gracias David!!!!
                    ¡Es un placer!

Comment

Entire year 1992 now available. http://www.americanradiohistory.com
                      Mr. radiodavid

May I presume that soon or later the issues for 1993 and the following years will also be available? ;-)

Comment

Hopefully 1999-2004 is coming too

Comment

Originally posted by Edu
                          Mr. radiodavid

May I presume that soon or later the issues for 1993 and the following years will also be available? ;-)
                          1993 and 1994 are being digitized now. They may be on the site as soon as this coming weekend.

At that point, the cost obliges me to start spacing out the remaining years to just one or two per month.

Comment

Originally posted by Edu
                            Mr. radiodavid

1993 and 1994 are being digitized now. They may be on the site as soon as this coming weekend.

At that point, the cost obliges me to start spacing out the remaining years to just one or two per month.
                            "just" - that's still more than we had the previous years thanks for your effort!

Comment

A few moments ago, 1993 and 1994 were placed on the Music & Media page at www.americanradiohistory.com,

Comment

Thanks!!!
                                Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll

Comment

Wow, I'm also thankful for the recent developments.

I started this thread searching old Finnish airplay charts, and now I know that M&M only published them from October 26th 1991 to the end of 1992. But that's all I needed, my search is complete. Thank you radiodavid.

Comment

Originally posted by pohatta
                                    I started this thread searching old Finnish airplay charts, and now I know that M&M only published them from October 26th 1991 to the end of 1992.
                                    Not only then. They also published a top 10 in the second half of 1990, from July 7 onwards. The charts were biweekly (the same chart being repeated in two consecutive issues).

Comment

Originally posted by Edu
                                      Mr. radiodavid

Thank you for uploading these rare newspapers, radiodavid. But one question - isn't an issue of 31st October of year 1992 missing?

Comment

Check out this link:
                                        http://www.americanradiohistory.com/Arc ... -10-31.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by marcoferrari
                                          Originally posted by Edu

Thank you for uploading these rare newspapers, radiodavid. But one question - isn't an issue of 31st October of year 1992 missing?
                                          My error in the listing. It is now fixed.

1995 to 1997 will be coming shortly.

Comment

dear radiodavid

Some issues of Music & Media only have 4 pages (the ones with the charts) digitalized (the one of 1986 August 9 for example or the 1986 July 26, but there is more). Is there an explanation? I don't think these issues had only 4 pages originally or did they?

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Edu
                                              dear radiodavid

Some issues of Music & Media only have 4 pages (the ones with the charts) digitalized (the one of 1986 August 9 for example or the 1986 July 26, but there is more). Is there an explanation? I don't think these issues had only 4 pages originally or did they?

Thank you!
                                              Because they were the "Holiday/Summer Special" issues, which were usually abbreviated versions of the regular reports.

From one issue:

Music & Media is pleased to present you with its 2nd and last summer special. A poster of the Hot 100 Singles, the Hot 100 Albums. the Airplay Top 30 and the top 3 are also included. The media industry is going through its seasonal quid period and many of our correspondents are on holiday. Complete reports resumed in next week's issue.

Comment

Originally posted by LostAvenger
                                                Because they were the "Holiday/Summer Special" issues, which were usually abbreviated versions of the regular reports.

From one issue:

Music & Media is pleased to present you with its 2nd and last summer special. A poster of the Hot 100 Singles, the Hot 100 Albums. the Airplay Top 30 and the top 3 are also included. The media industry is going through its seasonal quid period and many of our correspondents are on holiday. Complete reports resumed in next week's issue.
                                                Thank you very much. Maybe that is the answer yes.

I don't know how many of the people who are enjoying the "americanradiohistory" site actually know something about the man behind the site. Here we can read an interesting article on his passion for radio and music:

http://www.americanradiohistory.com/Arc ... 5-pg_1.pdf

http://www.americanradiohistory.com/Arc ... 5-pg_2.pdf

and he has his own site:

http://www.davidgleason.com/

Comment

Thank you, @Edu
                                                  (Simply amazing! What a great guy!)
                                                  trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                                                  trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

• http://www.americanradiohistory.com/Music-and-Media.htm

Just added 1995 and 1996. I should have 1997 available in next 24 hours.

As always, let me know if there are errors or broken links.

Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X