X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blondini
    replied
    Originally posted by Robbie View Post
    Unfortunately the sources which provided midweeks every day seem to have disappeared. The same information has usually been posted on a number of websites so there's none out there I'm aware of that post them on days when other websites don't.
    we've had reports every day but Tuesday this week. But hasn't this always been the case that Tuesday updates didn't always arrive?

Leave a comment:

• braindeadpj
    replied
    Looks like Adele would have 3 in the top 20 if it wasn't for ACR (perhaps more, but won't due to the 3 tracks rule).

Leave a comment:

• Robbie
    replied
    Adele should pass 200k tomorrow. Coldplay might just fall short of 100k?

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Thursday Top 40 Update
    Missing Data: Amazon Physical, Apple Music, Spotify and YouTube (all for Wednesday)

Singles

1 Adele - Easy On Me (171.8k) *
    2 Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart (51.4k)
    3 Ed Sheeran - Shivers (49.1k)
    4 CKay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah) (26.5k)
    5 Coldplay & BTS - My Universe (25.3k)

6-10
    10 Lil Nas X - That's What I Want

11-20
    11 Becky Hill & Topic - My Heart Goes (La Di Da)
    13 Doja Cat - Woman
    15 Dermot Kennedy - Better Days
    18 The Anxiety (Willow & Tyler Cole) - Meet Me At Our Spot

21-30
    21 Ed Sheeran - Visiting Hours
    22 Coldplay & Selena Gomez - Let Somebody Go (8,753) *
    23 The Weeknd - Take My Breath
    25 Adele - When We Were Young ^
    26 David Guetta, MistaJam & John Newman - If You Really Love Me (How Will I Know?)
    27 Ewan McVicar - Tell Me Something Good
    28 Clean Bandit & Topic feat. Wes Nelson - Drive
    29 Adele - Someone Like You ^

31-40
    33 Mimi Webb - 24/5

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Albums

1 Coldplay - Music Of The Spheres (92.4k) *
    2 The Beatles - Let It Be (15.5k) ^
    3 Adele - 25 (8.4k)
    4 Daniel O'Donnell - 60 (7.2k) *
    5 Joy Crookes - Skin (6.7k) *

6-10
    7 Adele - 21
    8 Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes - Sticky *
    9 The Charlatans - A Head Full Of Ideas *

11-20
    12 Lovejoy - Pebble Brain (MA) *
    15 Kylie - Fever ^
    17 Adele - 19 ^
    20 PinkPantheress - To Hell With It [mixtape] *

21-30
    23 Ferocious Dog - The Hope *
    24 Young Thug - Punk *
    30 Amy Winehouse - Back To Black ^

31-40
    32 The Lathums - How Beautiful Life Can Be
    33 Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark - Architecture & Morality: The Singles *
    Last edited by Blondini; Thu October 21, 2021, 18:36.

Leave a comment:

• Robbie
    replied
    Originally posted by emmerich View Post
    Is there a website we could check that shows the midweek? I miss seeing the updates everyday.
    Unfortunately the sources which provided midweeks every day seem to have disappeared. The same information has usually been posted on a number of websites so there's none out there I'm aware of that post them on days when other websites don't.

Leave a comment:

• jszmiles
    replied
    Originally posted by emmerich View Post
    Is there a website we could check that shows the midweek? I miss seeing the updates everyday.
    Music Week's subscription

Leave a comment:

• jszmiles
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Why would you not add streaming to Adele's albums but add it to everyone elses ? Makes no sense to think that .
    I was thinking about all albums not only hers. But this is a perfect example for my opinion

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by jszmiles View Post

that's why streaming is stupid to add for those albums, I think sales for 25, 21, 19 would put them "only" at the bottom of top 40.

Coldplay won't sell 100K as they were so front loaded, kinda shame.
    Why would you not add streaming to Adele's albums but add it to everyone elses ? Makes no sense to think that .

Leave a comment:

• emmerich
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jszmiles
    replied
    Originally posted by muzik_biz_wiz View Post
    It's mad how everytime Adele releases new stuff her old albums do so well. Everyone already has them.
    that's why streaming is stupid to add for those albums, I think sales for 25, 21, 19 would put them "only" at the bottom of top 40.

Coldplay won't sell 100K as they were so front loaded, kinda shame.

Leave a comment:

• muzik_biz_wiz
    replied
    It's mad how everytime Adele releases new stuff her old albums do so well. Everyone already has them.

Leave a comment:

• braindeadpj
    replied
    Two days to go, Adele will probably get to around 180,000 as she is slowing down.....

Leave a comment:

• braindeadpj
    replied
    Originally posted by Robbie View Post
    Adele scores fastest-selling single of the year with Easy On Me

According to the latest Midweek sales flash, Adele’s comeback single is on course to debut at No.1 with first week sales already at 150,000.

According to the Official Charts Company, Easy On Me (Columbia) has racked up 12.8 million audio streams so far and 21,288 downloads. Its calculated chart sale up to the end of Tuesday (October 19) was 149,865.

Adele’s Easy On Me is now officially the fastest-selling single of the year so far.

from musicweek.com
    Actual sales are lower than I would've expected, just goes to show how depressed actual sales are now (only 14% of the total).
    Last edited by braindeadpj; Wed October 20, 2021, 22:11.

Leave a comment:

• Robbie
    replied
    Adele scores fastest-selling single of the year with Easy On Me

According to the latest Midweek sales flash, Adele’s comeback single is on course to debut at No.1 with first week sales already at 150,000.

According to the Official Charts Company, Easy On Me (Columbia) has racked up 12.8 million audio streams so far and 21,288 downloads. Its calculated chart sale up to the end of Tuesday (October 19) was 149,865.

Adele’s Easy On Me is now officially the fastest-selling single of the year so far.

from musicweek.com

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< UPDATE ON PREVIOUS PAGE

Looks like Coldplay were very front loaded.

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Wednesday Top 40 Update
    Source: Music Week
    Missing Data: unknown

Singles

1 Adele - Easy On Me (149,865) *
    2 Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart (43,255)
    3 Ed Sheeran - Shivers
    4 CKay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah)
    5 Coldplay & BTS - My Universe

6-10
    10 Becky Hill & Topic - My Heart Goes (La Di Da)

11-20
    13 Doja Cat - Woman
    14 Dermot Kennedy - Better Days
    18 The Anxiety (Willow & Tyler Cole) - Meet Me At Our Spot

21-30
    21 Ed Sheeran - Visiting Hours
    22 Coldplay & Selena Gomez - Let Somebody Go (8,753) *
    23 The Weeknd - Take My Breath
    25 Adele - When We Were Young ^
    26 David Guetta, MistaJam & John Newman - If You Really Love Me (How Will I Know?)
    27 Adele - Someone Like You ^
    28 Ewan McVicar - Tell Me Something Good
    29 Clean Bandit & Topic feat. Wes Nelson - Drive

31-40
    33 Mimi Webb - 24/5

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Albums

1 Coldplay - Music Of The Spheres (87,156) *
    2 The Beatles - Let It Be ^
    3 Adele - 25
    4 Daniel O'Donnell - 60 *
    5 Joy Crookes - Skin *

6-10
    6 Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes - Sticky *
    8 The Charlatans - A Head Full Of Ideas *
    9 Adele - 21

11-20
    12 Lovejoy - Pebble Brain (MA) *
    13 Kylie - Fever ^
    16 Adele - 19 ^
    19 Ferocious Dog - The Hope *
    20 PinkPantheress - To Hell With It [mixtape] *

21-30
    23 Young Thug - Punk *
    27 Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark - Architecture & Morality: The Singles *
    28 Amy Winehouse - Back To Black ^

31-40
    40 Garbage - Garbage ^

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...-chart__34266/

20 October 2021
    Adele's Easy On Me claims the biggest opening week of 2021 so far on the Official Singles Chart

Adele's new single is set to open with huge sales and streams on the Official UK Singles Chart.
    By Rob Copsey
    Adele's comeback continues apace as her new single Easy On Me already claims the biggest opening week for a track on the Official Singles Chart in 2021.

As previously reported by OfficialCharts.com, Easy On Me is soaring towards the top spot this week, set to become her third Number 1 single. View Adele's Official UK Chart history in full here.

In today's Official Chart sales flash (October 20), Easy On Me posts 149,865 chart sales, leapfrogging Olivia Rodrigo, whose track Good 4 U held the biggest week 1 total when it debuted at Number 1 in May with 117,355 chart sales.

With two more days until this week's Official Chart is announced, expect Adele's week 1 figure to grow even further when the Top 40 is revealed on Friday, October 22.
    MORE: Official Top 40 biggest songs of 2021 so far

The last track to score more that 150,000 chart sales in its opening week was the 2020 Official Christmas Number 1, LadBaby's Don't Stop Me Eatin', which racked up 158,000 chart sales.

Easy On Me will follow Adele's previous chart-toppers Someone Like You (2011) and Hello (2015). The track was co-written by Adele with longtime collaborator Greg Kurstin, whose hits with Adele include Hello and Top 40 hit Water Under The Bridge. Adele's fourth album, 30, is set for release November 19.
    MORE: Adele's Official Top 20 biggest songs

Article image: Simon Emmett

Leave a comment:

• jszmiles
    replied
    Today's reported that Easy On Me sold 150K during this week.

Leave a comment:

• Gambo
    replied
    'Hello's first-week tally was reported as 332,599 (259,355 sales +73,244 streaming equivalents) in October 2015. No single-survey week total for any song has come close to that since, with six-figure tallies becoming rarer from 2016 onwards. The only other single-week chart sale that made even over 200k was Ed Sheeran's 'Shape Of You' on its maiden week in the chart (226,808: 137,343 sales +89,465 SES) in January 2017. Of the three consecutive LadBaby Christmas novelty releases so far, only the most recent ('Dont Stop Me Eatin'') managed six figures (157,733: 148,749 sales +8,984 SES) in its first week out in December 2020, although by my reckoning that is the largest seven-day return of actual paid-for sales since 'Hello', surpassing those for 'Shape Of You' by some 11.5k.

We're all waiting with baited to breath to see the first-week showing for Adele's newie, which likely won't make anything like the true sales 'Hello' posted initially, but may be sufficient to be greater than LadBaby's. She may also have increased SES compared to six years ago, given that streaming is now the dominant means of music consumption (and video streams are now included which wasn't the case in 2015). All that being said, she's arguably been less of a streamed than sold artist in the past, so how much difference the changes in the nature of the market in the years she's been away makes will be fascinating to observe.

Leave a comment:

• jszmiles
    replied
    Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
    Out of interest how much is Jesy likely to drop this week?
    still top 20

Leave a comment:

• SholasBoy
    replied
    Out of interest how much is Jesy likely to drop this week?

Leave a comment:

• Lemo
    replied
    Will Easy On Me be the biggest weekly sum for a single since Hello? How much did those LadBaby Christmas songs sell in a week?

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    Originally posted by jszmiles View Post
    Indeed it worked! They will clear 100K which in today's sales is massive success. I wonder if Abba or Elton could make as huge sales as them
    Well if ABBA already had over 80k pre-sales in UK alone after just 3 days (40k after 24 hours) I would say ABBA may even get over 300k and certainly over 200k on first week of release as they have always been high on Amazon chart and have had too many pre-sales weeks. I'm almost sure ABBA will be over 200k on UK mid-week chart too.

Elton John I'm not so sure as even Abba albums remain ahead on Amazon charts and pre-sales charts. But since Elton John album are just collaborations it will certainly have many fans from other artists buying and streaming it as well. We will find out soon.

Leave a comment:

• jszmiles
    replied
    Indeed it worked! They will clear 100K which in today's sales is massive success. I wonder if Abba or Elton could make as huge sales as them

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Listen to track 8 on this Coldplay album and then come back and say "it's just Coldplay".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X