Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robbie
    replied
    'Cold Heart' keeps getting closer to being number 1...

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Tuesday Update
    Missing Data: Apple Music, Spotify and YouTube (all for Monday)

Singles

1 Ed Sheeran - Shivers (30.6k)
    2 Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart (25.1k)
    3 CKay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah) (16.1k)
    4 Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (14.5k - 38 ahead)
    5 Glass Animals - Heat Waves (14.5k)

6-10
    8 Joel Corry & Jax Jones feat. Charli XCX & Saweetie - Out Out
    9 Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever

11-20
    11 Lil Nas X - That's What I Want
    14 Becky Hill & Topic - My Heart Goes (La Di Da)
    17 Ed Sheeran - Visiting Hours
    19 Digga D & ArrDee - Wasted
    20 Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name)

21-30
    22 Shouse - Love Tonight
    24 The Weeknd - Take My Breath
    26 Dermot Kennedy - Better Days
    28 Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U

31-40
    32 Mimi Webb - 24/5
    33 Oliver Tree - Life Goes On *
    34 Clean Bandit & Topic feat. Wes Nelson - Drive
    35 Clinton Kane - I Guess I'm In Love
    39 Ewan McVicar - Tell Me Something Good *

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Albums

1 The Script - Tales From The Script - Greatest Hits (18.3k) *
    2 The Specials - Protest Songs 1924-2012 (14.1k) *
    3 Roger Taylor - Outsider (8.4k) *
    4 Hans Zimmer - No Time To Die (OST) (5.2k) *
    5 Taylor Swift - Fearless (Taylor's Version) (4.6k) ^

6-10
    6 Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga - Love for Sale *
    8 Sugababes - One Touch ^
    10 Potter Payper - Thanks For Waiting *

11-20
    11 Yes - The Quest *
    18 Neil Young - Carnegie Hall 1970 (live) *

21-30
    22 KK's Priest - Sermons Of The Sinner *
    23 Meek Mill - Expensive Pain *
    28 Headie One - Too Loyal For My Own Good [mixtape] *

31-40
    32 Jack Savoretti - Europiana ^

Leave a comment:

• SholasBoy
    replied
    The Scripts 6th number one album?? Who buys these?

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Official Singles / Albums Chart Update
    Source: OCC
    Missing Data: unknown

Top 100 Singles

1 Ed Sheeran - Shivers (22,976)
    2 Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart (18,948)
    3 CKay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah) (11,382)
    4 Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (10,853)
    5 Glass Animals - Heat Waves (10,458)

6-10
    7 Joel Corry & Jax Jones feat. Charli XCX & Saweetie - Out Out

11-20
    12 Lil Nas X - That's What I Want
    17 Ed Sheeran - Visiting Hours

21-30
    22 Shouse - Love Tonight
    23 The Weeknd - Take My Breath
    25 Dermot Kennedy - Better Days

31-40
    32 Mimi Webb - 24/5
    33 Clean Bandit & Topic feat. Wes Nelson - Drive
    34 Clinton Kane - I Guess I'm In Love
    36 Oliver Tree - Life Goes On *
    38 Ewan McVicar - Tell Me Something Good *
    40 Arz - Alone With You *

Top 100 Albums

1 The Script - Tales from The Script: Greatest Hits (16,955) *
    2 The Specials - Protest Songs 1924-2012 (13,298) *
    3 Roger Taylor - Outsider (8,023) *
    4 Hans Zimmer - No Time To Die (OST) (4,589) *
    5 Taylor Swift - Fearless (Taylor's Version) (4,429) ^

6-10
    6 Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga - Love For Sale *
    7 Sugababes - One Touch ^
    8 Yes - The Quest *

11-20
    11 Neil Young - Carnegie Hall 1970 (live) *
    12 Potter Payper - Thanks For Waiting *
    19 KK's Priest - Sermons Of The Sinner *

21-30
    22 Meek Mill - Expensive Pain *
    28 Headie One - Too Loyal For My Own Good [mixtape] *

31-40
    37 Jack Savoretti - Europiana ^
    40 Tirzah - Colourgrade *

Click on the above relevant links.

Last edited by Blondini; Tue October 5, 2021, 17:29.

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...t-hits__34159/

04 October 2021
    The Script set for sixth UK Number 1 album with Tales From The Script - Greatest Hits

New entries from The Specials, Roger Taylor and Sugababes are also set to enter the Top 10 this Friday.
    By George Griffiths
    The Script are set to gain their sixth UK Number 1 album this week, with their greatest hits collection Tales From The Script - Greatest Hits.

The Irish rockers lead a total of seven new entries in today’s Official Albums Chart Update. They’re currently ahead of the pack with the retrospective, which reflects on their 13 years of chart success.

If it debuts at the top spot, Tales From The Script would join their previous chart-topping records The Script(2008), Science & Faith(2010), No Sound Without Silence(2014), Freedom Child(2017) and Sunsets & Full Moons(2019).

Just behind at Number 2 are The Specials with Protest Songs 1924-2012, which would net the Coventry ska-collective their fifth UK Top 10 album, their first since comeback record Encore hit Number 1 in 2019.

Queen drummer Roger Taylor debuts at Number 3 with solo record Outsider, set to become his first Top 10 album. The original soundtrack for new James Bond film No Time To Dieby composer Hans Zimmer is currently at Number 4 following the film’s release, and Taylor Swift’s former chart-topper Fearless (Taylor’s Version) rebounds to Number 5 following its vinyl release.

Elsewhere in the Top 10, Tony Bennett’s final albumLove For Sale, and his second collaboration record with Lady Gaga, opens at Number 6. At Number 7, Sugababes’ 20th anniversary re-release of debut album One Touch could outperform the Number 26 peak of the original album, and prog rockers Yes sit at Number 8 with their 22nd studio album The Quest.

Just outside the Top 10, Neil Young releases the audio of his performance at Carnegie Hall 1970 (11), the first in an official bootleg series. The second album from English rapper and songwriter Potter Payper Thanks For Waiting starts at Number 12, and former Judas Priest guitarist KK Dowling’s side-project KK’s Priest have their first album Sermons of the Sinner set to debut at Number 19.

Other new releases set to hit the Top 40 include US rapper Meek Mill with fifth album Expensive Pain (22) and Tottenham rapper Headie One’s mixtape Too Loyal For My Own Good (28).

Jack Savoretti’s former Number 1 album Europiana re-enters the chart midweek at Number 37 after a performance on The Graham Norton Show, and English singer-songwriter Tirzah could score her first-ever UK Top 40 album with second record Colourgrade (40).
    This week's Top 100 Official Albums Chart Update in full

Check out the Official Singles Chart Update Top 100

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    Unfortunally it will be hard for Dua Lipa and Elton John to hit #01 on the charts as "Shivers" is ahead on both sales and streams (but I still have hope).
    If they used Coldplay x BTS trick and release new versions of the song this UK to iTunes it would increase their chances.

Drake or Lil Nas X will keep the TOP 10 postion as both songs are quite close on streams so far (unfortunally Drake is most likely to keep it).

Coldplay x BTS will most likely fall out the TOP 10 this week (as expected as their streams remain quite low - still not even TOP 30 on Spotify).

About Lady Gaga and Tony Bennet selling 2.4k on Friday is good but as the album have almost no streaming it does seems a very low number for the best sales day of the week. Was expecting it to sell a little bit more. Guess Brits aren't keen on her Amy Winehouse "incarnation" (I'm not that keen either). Sure the album will be TOP 10 but it may probably misss the TOP 5.
    Last edited by MadNuno; Sun October 3, 2021, 21:43.

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Don't know the source for this but:

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Official First Look Chart Update
    Source: OCC / Radio 1

1 Ed Sheeran - Shivers
    2 Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart
    3 Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits
    4 CKay - love nwantiti (ah ah ah)
    5 Glass Animals - Heat Waves
    6 Central Cee - Obsessed With You
    7 Joel Corry & Jax Jones feat. Charli XCX & Saweetie - Out Out
    8 Lil Nas X & Jack Harlow - Industry Baby
    10 Coldplay & BTS - My Universe

11 Drake feat. Lil Baby - Girls Want Girls
    12 The Kid Laroi & Justin Bieber - Stay
    13 Lil Nas X - That's What I Want
    15 Doja Cat - Woman
    16 Ed Sheeran - Visiting Hours
    17 Anne-Marie & Little Mix - Kiss My (Uh Oh)
    18 Dave feat. Stormzy - Clash
    19 Digga D & ArrDee - Wasted

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    Originally posted by Robbie View Post
    They might do but then it would probably be classed as an import by the Polish chart compilers. Most likely the sale is just not reported to any chart compiler.
    So that's when we got Artists and Labels saying they sold much more than people think as we only know the info chart compilers give... (especially from the 00's and before when physical records still represented big numbers).

Leave a comment:

• Robbie
    replied
    Originally posted by jszmiles View Post

thanks! I wonder if they report those sales to Polish album chart compiler
    They might do but then it would probably be classed as an import by the Polish chart compilers. Most likely the sale is just not reported to any chart compiler.

Leave a comment:

• jszmiles
    replied
    It wouldn't count as it has to be shipped to a UK address to count towards the chart. Coldplay have a US store as well as a UK one, I'm not sure if they have any in other locations.
    thanks! I wonder if they report those sales to Polish album chart compiler

Leave a comment:

• Robbie
    replied

I was always curious what if someone outside UK bought the single - does it count to UK chart? (I assume Coldplay's store is "located" where the band came from so UK? right?)
    It wouldn't count as it has to be shipped to a UK address to count towards the chart. Coldplay have a US store as well as a UK one, I'm not sure if they have any in other locations.

Leave a comment:

• jszmiles
    replied
    I think it's just the one version, it's sold out on the Coldplay website.
    I was always curious what if someone outside UK bought the single - does it count to UK chart? (I assume Coldplay's store is "located" where the band came from so UK? right?)

Leave a comment:

• Robbie
    replied
    Originally posted by MadNuno View Post

Thanks Robbie? Is just 1 version? Was it released on Friday?
    I believe the few "BTS Army" members in UK are out now buying multiple copies at last minute...
    I think it's just the one version, it's sold out on the Coldplay website.

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    MadNuno there is a UK CD single
    Thanks Robbie? Is just 1 version? Was it released on Friday?
    I believe the few "BTS Army" members in UK are out now buying multiple copies at last minute...

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    ^you didnt combine 2 versions of Cold Heart which would make 93% of what Shivers is selling. My Universe is at 115%... still streams is the thing that will make the bigger difference in totals
    I combined all the 5 versions. The numbers I put were the ones before this new update. They just went up meanwhile as the chart updated. This means that the discount price is working and tracks are selling more now but I doubt that these few hours selling more again will be enough to stay at #02.

If you look at second colum that was the chart 4 hours ago and sum them up still have my numbers I posted:
    https://kworb.net/popuk/

So a few hours selling less and a few hours selling more that means that sales are probably similar and it all comes down to streaming where "Cold Heart" is doubling the numbers. I just don't know how CD-single sales are but most of them were probably already counting on that last update we had. Was the cd-single released on Friday?

Leave a comment:

• Robbie
    replied
    MadNuno there is a UK CD single

Leave a comment:

• jszmiles
    replied
    ^you didnt combine 2 versions of Cold Heart which would make 93% of what Shivers is selling. My Universe is at 115%... still streams is the thing that will make the bigger difference in totals

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    So BTSxColdplay have now all versions of "My Universe" discounted in UK itunes. Guess they don't have any more versions ready to realease and did that to keep sales up.
    Still they keep dropping on sales they are now dropping not so fast.

Ed Sheeran remains #01 on iTunes with "Shivers" and Dua Lipa and Elton John have now 84% of "Shivers" sales with their track at #02.

BTS x Coldplay all versions summed up only give them 77% of what "Shivers" is selling (meaning that all 5 versions sales summed up are still selling less than Dua Lipa and Elton John "Cold Heart" only version on the charts.

On Spotify Streaming "Shivers" is also number #01 having 408k streams from yesterday alone. "Cold Heart" is still at #07 and had 278k streams yesterday while "My Universe" falls to #35 having just 115k streams yesterday.

It's safter to say now that "Cold Heart" will most probably end up at #02 and BTSxColdplay will be #03 (but the difference will be quite small). Just on Spotify yesterday "Cold Heart" was 1.8k chart unit sales ahead (and they also sold more on iTunes and were also having more streaming on Apple Music as well staying at #04 while "My Universe" dropped 2 places to #20).

If the stream numbers for Thursday are estimatives and not real then BTSxColdplay will certainly end up at #03 (which is already amazing for them).

Can anyone confirm if there is a physical release for BTSxColdplay single in UK? That could be a game changer.
    Last edited by MadNuno; Thu September 30, 2021, 15:33.

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    So the new versions released to iTunes did paid off so far.
    The streaming gap is increasing as Elton and Dua increased streams while Coldplay X BTS lost some streams.

On iTunes Dua and Elton are stil at #02 but lost a few steam. "My Universe" is still at #03 (but also at #07, #12, #14 and #27) so despite also losing steam are still strong with just 2 days to go so anything can happen but I believe Elton and Dua are probably end up at #02 (unless coldplay and BTS release even more versions).
    Last edited by MadNuno; Thu September 30, 2021, 15:24.

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Wednesday Top 40 Update
    Source: Music Week
    Missing Data: Apple Music, Spotify and YouTube (all for Tuesday)

Singles

1 Ed Sheeran - Shivers (40.5k)
    2 Coldplay & BTS - My Universe (30.2k) *
    3 Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart (28.8k)
    4 Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (20.5k)
    5 CKay - Love Nwantiti (Ah Ah Ah) (19.3k)

6-10

11-20
    11 Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever
    15 Anne-Marie & Little Mix - Kiss My (Uh Oh)
    17 Becky Hill & Topic - My Heart Goes (La Di Da)
    20 Ed Sheeran - Visiting Hours

21-30
    23 Shouse - Love Tonight * [now reset]
    26 The Anxiety (Willow & Tyler Cole) - Meet Me At Our Spot
    28 David Guetta, MistaJam & John Newman - If You Really Love Me (How Will I Know?)
    29 Dermot Kennedy - Better Days

31-40
    32 Mimi Webb - 24/5
    35 Clean Bandit & Topic feat. Wes Nelson - Drive
    39 Oliver Tree - Life Goes On *

Albums

1 The Lathums - How Beautiful Life Can Be (13.5k) *
    2 Public Service Broadcasting - Bright Magic (8.8k) *
    3 Drake - Certified Lover Boy (5.7k)
    4 Olivia Rodrigo - Sour (4.1k)
    5 Lil Nas X - Montero (3.9k)

6-10
    6 Natalie Imbruglia - Firebird *
    7 Taylor Swift - Fearless (Taylor's Version) ^
    8 Ed Sheeran - (Divide)

11-20
    12 Angels & Airwaves - Lifeforms *
    13 Elton John - Diamonds
    15 Queen - Greatest Hits
    16 Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever
    20 Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia

21-30
    22 Sleep Token - This Place Will Become Your Tomb *
    23 Nirvana - Nevermind ^
    24 Tom Grennan - Evering Road
    25 Tom Speight - Everything's Waiting For You *
    26 Tremonti - Marching In Time *
    30 Joanne Shaw Taylor - The Blues Album *

31-40
    32 Ed Sheeran - x ^
    33 The Clash - The Clash ^
    37 Nao - And Then Life Was Beautiful *
    39 Dolly Parton - The Very Best Of Dolly Parton ^

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    Originally posted by Blondini View Post
    Coldplay are definitely benefitting from the BTS thing. For some reason, BTS are bigger in the US than the UK.
    BTS are WAY bigger in US than in Europe. UK and Hungary (don't ask me why) are BTS best markets in Europe - UK probably because of US (both countries speak english and share more media influence than the rest of Europe).

In UK BTS were able to have 7 TOP 40 and 3 TOP 10 hits (and 2 of them were even TOP 3 Hits). In France "Butter" is their only TOP 10 Hit (and was not even TOP 5). In Germany "Dynamite" was also a low end TOP 10 (no TOP 5 hits either). In Italy their only TOP 20 Hit was "Dynamite" that peaked at #20 and in Spain they still don't have a TOP 20 Hit (let alone a TOP 10) and only 2 songs were TOP 40 there ("Dynamite" at #38 and "Butter" at #23).

These are European 5 biggest music markets. They are selling well on iTunes on first week and so they already have a few TOP3 songs on Billboard Euro Digital Song Sales (including a #01 with "Dynamite") but like in UK their streamings around Europe are mostly quite low and so they can't chart in most european countries. Also their digital sales show an hard core fan base that buys the songs multiple versions on first week and lack of interest for general public (as the songs fall fast). "Dynamite" and "Butter" were literally playing every hour on those Samsung commercials and it certainly helped the songs. The other songs (like "Life Goes On") that were on commercials that weren't played that much didn't chart so high. So basically in Europe Samsung promoted BTS and not the other way around. Not sure if this also happened in US as Samsung is bigger in US than in Europe too.
    Last edited by MadNuno; Wed September 29, 2021, 15:13.

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Coldplay are definitely benefitting from the BTS thing. For some reason, BTS are bigger in the US than the UK.

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    Originally posted by Blondini View Post

and more versions of My Universe were released - there's an army of them in true BTS fashion.

I see them all... #03, #06, #09, #11, #26 on UK iTunes... but all dropping fast also... (unlike in US that despite loosing sales they are at #01, #04, #6, #16, #17 on US iTunes)
    But they have little streaming - up to #31 and that's the only version on Spotify TOP 200 UK Daily Chart (Elton and Dua are #08 in UK Spotify and Ed Sheeran "Shivers" finally hits #01 on UK Spotify Daily Chart - so Ed Sheeran is #01 in both iTunes and Spotify now with "Shivers" - no doubts the song will be #01 by far on Friday).

Elton and Dua Lipa will probably end up at #02 as despite Coldplay X BTS multiple versions selling OK their streams are quite lower comparing (250k/300k daily spotify streams for Elton vs 115k/130k daily spotify streams for Coldplay).

On Apple Music UK Ed Sheeran "Shivers" is also #01, Elton and Dua are #04 and Coldplay X BTS are #18.
    Last edited by MadNuno; Tue September 28, 2021, 22:42.

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied

ugh, no chances for Elton then.
    and more versions of My Universe were released - there's an army of them in true BTS fashion.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X