X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MadNuno
    replied
    Originally posted by zeus555 View Post

Blondini -- Radio 1 ignored 1 of the ABBA Songs, (1st Look Countdown), because it hates ABBA.
    It does not mean that 'ISHFIY' is no good, and Radio 1 ignoring it, makes that a 'Fact'. If they had
    their way, they'd not have played 'Don't Shut Me Down' either. But, it would have made them look
    really stupid, if both the No.7 and No.6 New Entries, had not been Played. Lots of ABBA Fans like
    both New ABBA Songs. Some can't get into 1 or both. Radio 1 is not even going to put either ABBA
    Song on its Playlist. So, they make it obvious, that they have no time for ABBA. They really should
    Play all of the New Entries in the Top 20 1st Look Chart. Whether they dislike ABBA, should be of
    no consequence. They made sure that all 3 Drake New Entries got Played - of course.

Zeus555
    Radio One hate all "Older Artists". I remember that when asked a few years back why weren't they playing Madonna song (not sure if in 2012 or 2015) they said their target audience are teens so they won't play artists that are over 50yo. It's only pure ageism (and some ask why some artist lie about their age?).

Leave a comment:

• zeus555
    replied

Blondini -- Radio 1 ignored 1 of the ABBA Songs, (1st Look Countdown), because it hates ABBA.
    It does not mean that 'ISHFIY' is no good, and Radio 1 ignoring it, makes that a 'Fact'. If they had
    their way, they'd not have played 'Don't Shut Me Down' either. But, it would have made them look
    really stupid, if both the No.7 and No.6 New Entries, had not been Played. Lots of ABBA Fans like
    both New ABBA Songs. Some can't get into 1 or both. Radio 1 is not even going to put either ABBA
    Song on its Playlist. So, they make it obvious, that they have no time for ABBA. They really should
    Play all of the New Entries in the Top 20 1st Look Chart. Whether they dislike ABBA, should be of
    no consequence. They made sure that all 3 Drake New Entries got Played - of course.

Zeus555

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Great for ABBA - I hope they can maintain this by the end of the week.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    ABBA and Elton John in the top 10 at the same time in 2021!

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    Nice to see ABBA doing well. Mostly due to sales so let's hope they can keep a TOP 10 placement as it will be hard unless they have some kind of another limited physical release of the singles (picture disc or whatever) to put out during the week before Friday.

Also I really hope Drake doesn't finish the week the the TOP 3 of UK Charts. I mean, he will almost certainly be #01 but hope he won't be #02 and #03 also.

Also let's see if Sarah Harding passing from cancer will do anything for Girls Aloud on the charts. I mean, the news was out today but these mid-weeks are just Friday and Saturday sales so only in 2 days we will know for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    there are ABBA physicals, too - 1 track on each CD

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...e-down__33957/

05 September 2021
    ABBA heading for first Official UK Top 10 singles in 40 years with I Still Have Faith In You and Don’t Shut Me Down

The legendary Swedish group last entered the Official Singles Chart Top 10 in December 1981.
    By Jack White
    ABBA are heading back to the Official Singles Chart Top 10 for the first time in forty years with their two comeback singles taken from their upcoming new album Voyage.

On today (September 5)’s Official Chart: First Look, the legendary Swedish group place at Numbers 6 and 7 with I Still Have Faith In You and Don’t Shut Me Down respectively. The tracks will mark ABBA’s first UK Top 10 singles since One Of Us in December 1981 should their momentum continue.

I Still Have Faith In You and Don’t Shut Me Down are both available physically, the former leading on the format thanks to strong CD and vinyl sales.
    MORE: Drake on course for seventh UK Number 1 single with Girls Want Girls

Meanwhile, Don’t Shut Me Down is the most downloaded song in the UK so far this week. In addition, both songs have been streamed over 500,000 times this weekend.

The two new singles are taken from Voyage, ABBA’s first new studio album in 39 years since 1981’s The Visitors, to be released on November 5. The 10-track album featured eight new songs and two reworkings - Just a Notion and Bumblebee – that were previously only released as demo versions on the rare ‘ABBA Undeleted’ medley.

ABBA will release their first Christmas song Little Things on the collection, which was reported to have accumulated 40,000 UK pre-orders in less than 24 hours of availability.
    MORE: The Official Top 40 biggest songs of 2021 so far

The new era of ABBA will continue with a revolutionary concert in 2022. ABBA Voyage will see digital versions of Agnetha, Björn, Benny and Anni-Frid perform their two new tracks and their greatest hits at the purpose-built ABBA Arena at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. East London. Tickets go on general sale this coming Tuesday.

Find out the week's final chart standings on The Official Chart with Scott Mills on BBC Radio 1 this Friday from 4pm. The Official Singles Chart Top 100 is revealed here on OfficialCharts.com every Friday at 5.45pm.
    This week's Official Chart: First Look Top 20 (September 5, 2021)
    LW CURRENT TITLE ARTIST
    NEW 1 GIRLS WANT GIRLS DRAKE FT. LIL BABY
    NEW 2 CHAMPAGNE POETRY DRAKE
    NEW 3 FAIR TRADE DRAKE FT. TRAVIS SCOTT
    1 4 BAD HABITS ED SHEERAN
    2 5 STAY THE KID LAROI & JUSTIN BIEBER
    NEW 6 I STILL HAVE FAITH IN YOU ABBA
    NEW 7 DON'T SHUT ME DOWN ABBA
    3 8 REMEMBER BECKY HILL
    6 9 OUT OUT JOEL CORRY & JAX JONES FT. CHARLI XCX & SAWEETIE
    23 10 COLD HEART (PNAU REMIX) ELTON JOHN & DUA LIPA
    5 11 INDUSTRY BABY LIL NAS X & JACK HARLOW
    18 12 HEAT WAVES GLASS ANIMALS
    9 13 TALK ABOUT RAIN RADIO & DJ CRAIG GORMAN
    10 14 KISS MY (UH OH) ANNE-MARIE & LITTLE MIX
    17 15 VISITING HOURS ED SHEERAN
    7 16 HURRICANE KANYE WEST
    8 17 HAPPIER THAN EVER BILLIE EILISH
    16 18 FLY AWAY TONES & I
    NEW 19 LOVE (SWEET LOVE) LITTLE MIX
    14 20 CLASH DAVE FT. STORMZY
    ©2021 Official Charts Company. All rights reserved.
    Last edited by Blondini; Sun September 5, 2021, 18:03.

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Official First Look Chart: Full Update
    Source: OCC / Radio 1

1 Drake feat. Lil Baby - Girls Want Girls *
    2 Drake - Champagne Poetry *
    3 Drake feat. Travis Scott - Fair Trade *
    4 Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits
    5 The Kid Laroi & Justin Bieber - Stay
    6 ABBA - I Still Have Faith In You *
    7 ABBA - Don't Shut Me Down *
    8 Becky Hill & David Guetta - Remember
    9 Joel Corry & Jax Jones feat. Charli XCX & Saweetie - Out Out
    10 Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart

11 Lil Nas X & Jack Harlow - Industry Baby
    12 Glass Animals - Heat Waves
    13 Rain Radio & DJ Craig Gorman - Talk About
    14 Anne-Marie & Little Mix - Kiss My (Uh Oh)
    15 Ed Sheeran - Visiting Hours
    16 Kanye West (feat. Lil Baby & The Weeknd) - Hurricane
    17 Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever
    18 Tones and I - Fly Away
    19 Little Mix - Love (Sweet Love) *
    20 Dave feat. Stormzy - Clash

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a query on this ABBA single. The release is a 2-track digital single but iTunes seem to have not counted any sales of the 2-track itself - it doesn't appear on the albums chart. Only the 2 individual tracks are counted.
    Could this be a record company request to hide the 2-track from the chart? And are the 2-track sales still counted but just hidden from public view and do they go towards track 1 - I Still Have Faith In You?

In fact, i don't think 2-track releases are ever included on the iTunes albums chart. Not seen one for years. Rarely see 3-tracks on there, either (like the Drake one).
    Last edited by Blondini; Sun September 5, 2021, 17:59.

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Originally posted by Blondini View Post
    Don't Shut Me Down #7 - the best by far of the two ABBA songs
    LOL - Radio 1 wouldn't even play the dreary ABBA song at #6. That tells you all you need to know!

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Don't Shut Me Down #7 - the best by far of the two ABBA songs

Leave a comment:

• SholasBoy
    replied
    Drabba

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    ABBA reportedly super high in today’s midweeks - probably front loaded but still great. Top 5 is probably 3 x Drake and 2 x ABBA.

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Wednesday Top 40 Update
    Source: Music Week
    Missing Data: Apple Music, Spotify and YouTube (all for Tuesday)

Singles

1 Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (45.1k)
    2 The Kid Laroi & Justin Bieber - Stay (33.5k)
    3 Becky Hill & David Guetta - Remember (23.3k)
    4 Jonasu - Black Magic (22.6k)
    5 Joel Corry & Jax Jones feat. Charli XCX & Saweetie - Out Out (16.2k)

6-10
    6 Lil Nas X & Jack Harlow - Industry Baby
    7 Rain Radio & DJ Craig Gorman - Talk About
    9 Anne-Marie & Little Mix - Kiss My (Uh Oh)
    10 Doja Cat - Need to Know

11-20
    11 Tones and I - Fly Away
    15 Kanye West (feat. Jay-Z / DaBaby & Marilyn Manson) - Jail *
    16 Kanye West (feat. Lil Baby & The Weeknd) - Hurricane *
    18 Kanye West (feat. Playboi Carti & Fivio Foreign) - Off The Grid *

21-30
    23 Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart
    24 Sigala & Rita Ora - You For Me
    28 BTS - Butter ^

31-40
    31 Clean Bandit & Topic feat. Wes Nelson - Drive
    35 Becky Hill feat. Topic - My Heart Goes (La Di Da) *
    38 David Guetta, MistaJam & John Newman - If You Really Love Me (How Will I Know?) *
    39 Camila Cabello - Don't Go Yet

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Albums

1 Kanye West - Donda (10.3k) *
    2 Chvrches - Screen Violence (7.4k) *
    3 Maisie Peters - You Signed Up for This (7.0k) *
    4 Halsey - If I Can't Have Love, I Want Power (6.2k) *
    5 Olivia Rodrigo - Sour (5.8k)

6-10
    6 Becky Hill - Only Honest On the Weekend *

11-20
    11 ABBA - Gold: Greatest Hits
    12 Toyah - Posh Pop *
    13 The Beach Boys - Feel Flows: The Sunflower & Surf's Up Sessions 1969-1971 *
    15 KSI - All Over The Place
    17 Supergrass - In It For The Money ^
    20 OneRepublic - Human *

21-30
    24 The Kooks - Inside In / Inside Out ^
    25 Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
    26 Bob Marley and The Wailers - Legend
    30 Goat - Headsoup *

31-40
    31 Rag'n'Bone Man - Life By Misadventure
    32 Big Red Machine - How Long Do You Think It's Gonna Last? *
    33 The Sisters Of Mercy - BBC Sessions 1982-1984 *
    34 Enter Shikari - Moratorium (Broadcasts From The Interruption) *
    Last edited by Blondini; Wed September 1, 2021, 19:29.

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Courtesy of BuzzJack's Martin

Music Week
    The Official Charts Company Midweek Sales Flash is in, and Chvrches lead an all-new Top 5 in the albums chart.

The trio’s new record Screen Violence is in pole position thanks to 6,296 sales so far, 4,828 of which are from physical units. Maisie Peters’ debut You Signed Up For This (5,940 sales) is close behind at No.2, with 4,652 physical sales. It has 775 sales from streams, slightly more than Chvrches’ 519.

But, with Monday’s streaming data yet to be counted, Kanye West poses a threat to both records, with the heavily trailed Donda currently at No.3 with 5,671 sales, 4,447 from streams. Halsey’s If I Can’t Have Love I Want Power (5,548 sales) is at No.4, while Becky Hill’s Only Honest On The Weekend (4,516 sales) completes a tightly packed Top 5.

In the singles chart, Ed Sheeran’s Bad Habits (36,117 sales) is in top spot, with The Kid Laroi & Justin Bieber’s Stay (20,060 sales) its closest challenger. Becky Hill & David Guetta’s Remember (18,476 sales), Jonasu’s Black Magic (18,292 sales) and Joel Corry, Jax Jones and Charlie[ ] XCX’s Out Out (13,105 sales) complete the Top 5.

Leave a comment:

• SholasBoy
    replied
    interesting top 5, probably entirely different come Friday.

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Official Singles / Albums Chart Update Top 100
    Source: OCC
    Missing Data:

Top 100 Singles

1 Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (36,117)
    2 The Kid Laroi & Justin Bieber - Stay (20,060)
    3 Becky Hill & David Guetta - Remember (18,476)
    4 Jonasu - Black Magic (18,292)
    5 Joel Corry & Jax Jones feat. Charli XCX & Saweetie - Out Out (13,105)

6-10
    8 Anne-Marie & Little Mix - Kiss My (Uh Oh)
    10 Tones & I - Fly Away

11-20
    15 WizKid feat. Tems - Essence
    18 Doja Cat - Woman
    19 Mabel - Let Them Know
    20 Elton John & Dua Lipa - Cold Heart

21-30
    21 Sigala & Rita Ora - You for Me
    22 BTS - Butter ^
    23 Galantis, David Guetta & Little Mix - Heartbreak Anthem
    26 Kanye West (feat. Jay-Z / DaBaby & Marilyn Manson) - Jail *
    27 Marshmello & Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me
    29 Clean Bandit & Topic feat. Wes Nelson - Drive
    30 The Weeknd - Save Your Tears

31-40
    32 Becky Hill feat. Topic - My Heart Goes (La Di Da) *
    35 Kanye West (feat. Playboi Carti & Fivio Foreign) - Off The Grid *
    36 Kanye West (feat. Lil Baby & The Weeknd) - Hurricane *
    38 David Guetta, MistaJam & John Newman - If You Really Love Me (How Will I Know?) *

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Top 100 Albums

1 Chvrches - Screen Violence (6,296) *
    2 Maisie Peters - You Signed Up For This (5,940) *
    3 Kanye West - Donda (5,671) *
    4 Halsey - If I Can't Have Love, I Want Power (5,548) *
    5 Becky Hill - Only Honest On The Weekend (4,516) *

6-10
    9 Toyah - Posh Pop *
    10 The Beach Boys - Feel Flows: The Sunflower & Surf's Up Sessions 1969-1971 *

11-20
    12 ABBA - Gold: Greatest Hits
    15 OneRepublic - Human *
    17 KSI - All Over The Place
    19 The Kooks - Inside In / Inside Out ^

21-30
    21 Supergrass - In It For The Money ^
    22 New Order - Be A Rebel [Remixed] *
    24 Goat - Headsoup *
    27 Bob Marley & The Wailers - Legend
    28 The Sisters Of Mercy - BBC Sessions 1982-1984 *
    30 Big Red Machine - How Long Do You Think It's Gonna Last? *

31-40
    34 Rag'n'Bone Man - Life By Misadventure
    40 Turnstile - Glow On *

Click on the above relevant links.
    Last edited by Blondini; Wed September 1, 2021, 16:29.

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Albums update is up - OneRepublic are actually at 15, not 14! https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...-chart-update/

Lorde drops to 31!

and here's the Singles update: https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...-chart-update/

The Kanye tracks that are charting feature uncredited DaBaby and Marilyn Manson (on Jail - the pt 2 version, the 2 versions presumably combined) and The Weeknd on Hurricane.
    Halsey cracks top 75.
    Last edited by Blondini; Tue August 31, 2021, 12:40.

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Wow! What a week! Kanye is gonna scupper Chvrches, sadly. I knew OneRepublic would fall short.

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...-chart__33917/

31 August 2021
    Chvrches, Maisie Peters and Kanye West leading five-way battle for Number 1 on the Official Albums Chart

Halsey and Becky Hill also land in the all-new midweek Top 5.
    By Helen Ainsley
    It’s a five-way battle for Number 1 on this week’s Official Albums Chart, as Chvrches, Maisie Peters, Kanye West, Halsey and Becky Hill sit fewer than 2,000 chart sales apart with their brand new releases.

On today’s Official Albums Chart Update, Chvrches’ fourth studio album Screen Violence is leading the way, currently the biggest seller on physical formats. If it can hold on it will mark the Scottish band’s first Number 1, and fourth Top 10 album.

Maisie Peters is at Number 2 today with her debut studio album You Signed Up For This. Maisie will be chatting about the album and answering fan questions on our livestream series The Record Club this Wednesday from 6.30pm.

Meanwhile, Kanye West’s much-delayed tenth studio album Donda is at Number 3 after being released on Sunday. Not available physically, Donda is leading on both digital downloads and streaming, and if it can take over at the top spot it will mark Kanye’s third UK Number 1 album.
    MORE: Kanye West's Official Top 40 biggest songs in the UK

Halsey’s fourth studio album If I Can’t Have Love I Want Power is at Number 4 – her third top 10 album if it stays on track – and Becky Hill’s debut Only Honest On The Weekend rounds off the midweek Top 5 at Number 5.

Just 1,800 chart sales currently separate the Top 5, and with three more days until Friday’s Official Albums Chart reveal, it’s still all to play for in the battle for the top spot.

Elsewhere in the Top 10, Posh Pop by Toyah starts at Number 9, set to become her eighth Top 40 album, and a five-disc boxset of the Beach Boys’ Feel Flows: The Sunflower & Surf’s Up Sessions 1969-1971 is at Number 10.

OneRepublic are eyeing up a Top 20 placement with fifth studio album Human (14) while The Kooks’ 2006 Number 2 debut album Inside In/Inside Out (19) could re-enter the chart thanks to a 15th anniversary reissue.

Other albums set to land in this week’s Top 40 include a remastered edition of Supergrass’ In It For The Money (21), New Order’s Be A Rebel Remixed (22), Headsoup by Swedish psych collective Goat (24), a re-entry from The Sisters Of Mercy’s BBC Sessions 1982-1984 (28) thanks to a new CD edition, and American indie duo Big Red Machine’s second studio album How Long Do You Think It’s Gonna Last? (30).

Finally, American hardcore punk band Turnstile’s third album Glow On could make its debut at Number 40 – their first UK chart hit if they can hold on.
    Article image: Kanye West: DefJam | Chvrches: Sebastian Mlynarski & Kevin J Thomson | Maisie Peters: Press

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Originally posted by MadNuno View Post
    Did Kanye West released his album yesterday? On a Sunday? Without any hit song? Without streaming?
    Is he chart suicidal?
    Same week One Republic and Halsey?

Ok... I just notice it now and I'm affraid to listen to it... this is not a good sign...
    I would say Chvrches will have a bigger album than OneRepublic. And Halsey also doesn't have a pre-album single (though she does have CD and vinyl).

He will get big streaming numbers - the album was on Spotify yesterday - which those other acts might not reach.

No mids today - bank holiday again. Hopefully we'll get some actual figures this week.
    Last edited by Blondini; Mon August 30, 2021, 17:57.

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    Did Kanye West released his album yesterday? On a Sunday? Without any hit song? Without streaming?
    Is he chart suicidal?
    Same week One Republic and Halsey?

Ok... I just notice it now and I'm affraid to listen to it... this is not a good sign...

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Official First Look Chart Update
    Source: OCC / Radio 1

1 Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits
    2 The Kid Laroi & Justin Bieber - Stay
    3 Jonasu - Black Magic
    4 Becky Hill & David Guetta - Remember
    5 Joel Corry & Jax Jones feat. Charli XCX & Saweetie - Out Out
    8 Anne-Marie & Little Mix - Kiss My (Uh Oh)
    9 Tones and I - Fly Away
    10 Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever

11 Ed Sheeran - Visiting Hours
    12 Digga D feat. ArrDee - Wasted
    13 Doja Cat - Need to Know
    14 BTS - Butter ^
    15 Dave feat. Stormzy - Clash
    16 The Weeknd - Take My Breath
    17 Wizkid feat. Tems - Essence
    18 Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U
    19 Mabel - Let Them Know
    20 Sigala & Rita Ora - You For Me

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Originally posted by Robbie View Post
    ^
    Actually I've just thought, someone at BuzzJack will still be a Music Week subscriber as otherwise it wouldn't be possible to post James Masterton's commentaries as they require a user to login to view them.
    Martin still is, isn't he? He's been away. "JosephStyles" is the BuzzJack guy. He must have not been around for part of the week.

Leave a comment:

• Robbie
    replied
    ^
    Actually I've just thought, someone at BuzzJack will still be a Music Week subscriber as otherwise it wouldn't be possible to post James Masterton's commentaries as they require a user to login to view them.

Leave a comment:

• Robbie
    replied
    There are albums figures on Music Week for Wednesday but you need to subscribe to see it and it appears that nobody on UKMix, BuzzJack or Haven is a subscriber (some members are away).
    There used to be quite a few of us at one time at all three boards who were subscribers but gradually we have all cancelled our subscriptions. I have toyed with the idea of resubscribing but I don't think it's value for money these days as the weekly magazine has now gone and has been replaced by something that is little more than a glossy music lifestyle monthly magazine. So it has gone from 49 issues a year to just 12 and all for the same price which effectively makes it a price hike in my book.

I don't know of anyone these days at BuzzJack who is a subscriber. There may be one but perhaps the member is on holiday or unavailable. Also the mysterious regular source of midweeks information which has led to us often being able to post midweeks updates every day from Monday to Thursday appears to have vanished so unless someone is a Music Week subscriber / the midweeks source returns we may find that updates start to become thin on the ground, which would be a shame as we've been getting midweek updates for two decades going all the way back to Dotmusic days (for those who don't know, midweeks posts were banned at ukmix for many years due to the OCC sending then owner Lars a stronly worded email to stop posters, and therefore the ukmix website itself, publishing sensitive sales figures - i.e. the midweeks).

Leave a comment:

• MadNuno
    replied
    There are albums figures on Music Week for Wednesday but you need to subscribe to see it and it appears that nobody on UKMix, BuzzJack or Haven is a subscriber (some members are away).
    Oh... summer time... holiday season... It seems that the corona bug isn't scaring those guys..
    Thanks! It's Friday so we will have the final numbers real soon.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X